Post by theking100 »

WOW WOW Great Photos Of The King :shock:

Some i havent seen befor ::rocks

Topic author
davide
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Re: Philadelphia 57 Scapbook - 1 New image

Post by davide »

photocollector73 wrote:found this in my collection.
Got the photo from a person who sold the original transparency.

Thank you very much..A new photo for me simply suberb!

Davide

Elvis4ever
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Re: Philadelphia 57 Scapbook

Post by Elvis4ever »

davide wrote:Thanks for the info on the venue James.

ImageImage

Two shots from the Arena 57

Davide

Wow that one girl looks like she's having an orgasm and who could blame her... Elvis' best year of that decade... "That Ain't Tactics honey it's just the beast in me"

pauls35
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: Philadelphia 57 Scapbook

Post by pauls35 »

Elvis4ever wrote:
davide wrote:Thanks for the info on the venue James.

ImageImage

Two shots from the Arena 57

Davide

Wow that one girl looks like she's having an orgasm and who could blame her... Elvis' best year of that decade... "That Ain't Tactics honey it's just the beast in me"
Did she die?

Bodie
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Bodie »

I think Davide should have his own section :lol:

Incredible photos.

Topic author
davide

Post by davide »

From E-Bay

Davide

JamesVRoy
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by JamesVRoy »

Awesome

TONY.
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by TONY. »

FANTABULOUS.

Topic author
davide

Post by davide »

Improvement on previously posted version.

Davide

rlj4ep
Registered for: 19 years 6 months
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Absolutley amazing!! I wasn't even born when these shows took place. It's a shame we don't have any recordings of these shows...that we're aware of. Great posts!

hilton22000

Post by hilton22000 »

I don't know why, but these two photos looks like was taken in different day and different rooms...In 01 Elvis has his shirt close, and in other photos his shirt was large open.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

hilton22000 wrote:I don't know why, but these two photos looks like was taken in different day and different rooms...In 01 Elvis has his shirt close, and in other photos his shirt was large open.
Might he not have undone a button or two in order to more easily show off the medallion?

It would only take a second.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

hilton22000

Post by hilton22000 »

Maibe, Doc, it could be, but what about the rooms, looks completly different. I don't know, maibe i'm wrong, that's why i ask here, i just want to be sure about the exact date.

Topic author
davide

Post by davide »

Davide

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by promiseland »

Bodie wrote:I think Davide should have his own section :lol:

Incredible photos.
I second that! He puts so much effort into his posts it's amazing !

Thanks Davide!
::rocks

JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

While wrapping things up I decided to finish the page on the Arena, though by now its old news to the folks here. Check out the thread in All Elvis at http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66471

hilton22000

Post by hilton22000 »

Brilliant, Jim, thank you very much for your hard work!! :smt006

Greybeard
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Greybeard »

I had an interesting thing happen to me this evening and it relates to this topic. I am a performer and was doing a show at a retirement community this evening. I did some Elvis songs as part of the show. I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

After the show while talikng to some folks who attended the show. One gentleman asked me if I knew where he could sell some Elvis items as he is getting on in years and no longer wishes to hold onto them. I told him there are several possibilties then asked what he might have. I expected the usual response- old records, magazine etc.

What I heard next was pretty amazing.

He went on to tell me that in 1957 he was working for the Highway Patrol and was on detail to guard Elvis when he did the show in Philadelphia! I asked how close he was, expectiing he was on general security. He smiled and said most times he was within 15 to 20 feet of Elvis. He said at one point Elvis actually was walking with his arm around his shoulder!

I asked what he remembered and he told of how once getting Elvis to the stage the police were ordered to pull back and be non intrusive to the show. He also told me that the security forces were told that when Elvis did one particular song it would indicate the end of the performance and they should start moving down aisle to the stage to get Elvis safely away. He unfortunately could not remember which song it was.

I asked what his opinion was of Elvis at that time. he told me that before meeting him (Elvis) he was unimpressed with the man. His opinion changed completely after this event though. He said Elvis was an incredibly nice person who was just the opposite of folks view of him in the early days . He said no one was better than Presley in his eyes.

One interesting tidbit that came up was the fact that somewhere,probably backstage somewhere, there was a piano that Elvis sat and played. He remembered it because he didn't know Elvis could play piano until then. He witnessed this event. He said he thought Elvis' piano playing was quite good!

It turns out the item(s) he wants to sell is an envelope given to some secutity team members by Elvis. It contains an autographed photo as well as some other items- possibly even a note.

I asked if the items were with him, figuring it was unlikely but hoping. He told me no but he still had them with belongings at one of his childrens homes. I was hoping to get a peek at them.

I asked if he could try to bring them to the site for me to see on my next visit. I asked if I could photograph some of it. He said that he would make an effort to make that happen.

I shook his hand and we spoke for several more minutes but the time was growing late.

I hope to take some photos from this thread and any others I may locate showing police with Elvis at these shows so that he may be able to identify if he is in any of the shots.

What a great night this was. I am so happy to have met this gentleman. I told him that I was going to add this story to this thread so all may see it...he smiled and said to tell all here hello. Nice man for sure.

Greybeard

JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

Greybeard wrote:I had an interesting thing happen to me this evening and it relates to this topic. I am a performer and was doing a show at a retirement community this evening. I did some Elvis songs as part of the show. I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

After the show while talikng to some folks who attended the show. One gentleman asked me if I knew where he could sell some Elvis items as he is getting on in years and no longer wishes to hold onto them. I told him there are several possibilties then asked what he might have. I expected the usual response- old records, magazine etc.

What I heard next was pretty amazing.

He went on to tell me that in 1957 he was working for the Highway Patrol and was on detail to guard Elvis when he did the show in Philadelphia! I asked how close he was, expectiing he was on general security. He smiled and said most times he was within 15 to 20 feet of Elvis. He said at one point Elvis actually was walking with his arm around his shoulder!

I asked what he remembered and he told of how once getting Elvis to the stage the police were ordered to pull back and be non intrusive to the show. He also told me that the security forces were told that when Elvis did one particular song it would indicate the end of the performance and they should start moving down aisle to the stage to get Elvis safely away. He unfortunately could not remember which song it was.

I asked what his opinion was of Elvis at that time. he told me that before meeting him (Elvis) he was unimpressed with the man. His opinion changed completely after this event though. He said Elvis was an incredibly nice person who was just the opposite of folks view of him in the early days . He said no one was better than Presley in his eyes.

One interesting tidbit that came up was the fact that somewhere,probably backstage somewhere, there was a piano that Elvis sat and played. He remembered it because he didn't know Elvis could play piano until then. He witnessed this event. He said he thought Elvis' piano playing was quite good!

It turns out the item(s) he wants to sell is an envelope given to some secutity team members by Elvis. It contains an autographed photo as well as some other items- possibly even a note.

I asked if the items were with him, figuring it was unlikely but hoping. He told me no but he still had them with belongings at one of his childrens homes. I was hoping to get a peek at them.

I asked if he could try to bring them to the site for me to see on my next visit. I asked if I could photograph some of it. He said that he would make an effort to make that happen.

I shook his hand and we spoke for several more minutes but the time was growing late.

I hope to take some photos from this thread and any others I may locate showing police with Elvis at these shows so that he may be able to identify if he is in any of the shots.

What a great night this was. I am so happy to have met this gentleman. I told him that I was going to add this story to this thread so all may see it...he smiled and said to tell all here hello. Nice man for sure.
Cool

Topic author
davide

Post by davide »

Thanks for the interesting story of your meeting, and look forward to any materials that you might be able to show us.

Davide

rizzy56
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by rizzy56 »

Thankyou for the great thread davide ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.