the teen-age sweetheart Elvis keeps hidden!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
The fool
Registered for: 21 years

Post by The fool »

A Motion Picture Scoop!
Motion Picture, July 1963

Nothing new in this one. The April 2nd, 1963 photos are familiar. And even the cover of the magazine is badly damaged. :D But I think this was the first time these photos were published.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hilton22000
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: the teen-age sweetheart Elvis keeps hidden!

Post by hilton22000 »

Thank you very much :smt006

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by drjohncarpenter »

The fool wrote:A Motion Picture Scoop!

Nothing new in this one. The April 2nd, 1963 photos are familiar. And even the cover of the magazine is badly damaged. :D But I think this was the first time these photos were published.
Nothing new? It's interesting to see how the media was reporting the existence of Priscilla Beaulieu.

And no doubt these were the first airing of the images taken on Tuesday, April 2, 1963, at the Dixie Queen on Bellevue near McLemore in Memphis. Elvis was interviewed by a reporter from AP asking what he was doing (just finished "Fun In Acapulco") and who the girl was (Priscilla, who had been in the U.S. for the past four weeks).

So, Priscilla was "18 years old" in the April of 1963? Well, almost. And who knew Hollywood columnist Louella Parsons was psychic?

Thank you, The fool.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

drjohncarpenter

Please enjoy a nice, clean copy of the magazine cover, for your archives:

630700_Motion Picture.JPG
Motion Picture - July 1963
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

bearelvis
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by bearelvis »

Oddly Priscilla had short hair in April 1963. Or she did in phontographs taken in March 1963. So she must have been wearing a fall or wig in this picture. Or perhaps she was wearing a wig in the pics of her with the short hair. Just an observation, but of course she did always do odd things with her hair even when she met him that short front with that long stuff hanging in the back.....who knows. Donna Lewis also noted in her Hurry Home Elvis Diarys in April 1963 that her hair was short when she went to the theater one evening.
Fool I am so glad that I found this fantastic site and that you posted these amazing articles from magazines! AWESOME!

MontanaElvisFan
Registered for: 7 years 3 months

Post by MontanaElvisFan »

drjohncarpenter on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:15 am wrote:

Nothing new? It's interesting to see how the media was reporting the existence of Priscilla Beaulieu.

And no doubt these were the first airing of the images taken on Tuesday, April 2, 1963, out behind Chenault's Restaurant and Drive-In on 1400 Hwy 51 South in Memphis. Elvis was interviewed by a reporter from AP asking what he was doing (just finished "Fun In Acapulco") and who the girl was (Priscilla, who had been in the U.S. for the past 4 weeks).

Chenault's was a cool 24/7 restaurant that Elvis had loved for years.

those images were actually taken at Dixie Queen, not chenault's.

So, Priscilla was "18 years old" in the April of 1963? Well, almost. And who knew Hollywood columnist Louella Parsons was psychic?

Thank you, The fool.

drjohncarpenter

MontanaElvisFan on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:25 am wrote:those images were actually taken at Dixie Queen, not chenault's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFr__nZnas
Interesting update, the photo and building comparison in the video is hard to dismiss.

Besides, one may easily spot "... Queen" behind Elvis in one of the known photos.

630402_w Priscilla at Dixie Queen.jpg

Thanks, I updated my post. I also learned that Dixie Queen, a family business, began with that outlet, back in 1949:

Dixie Queen

In 2000, after more than 50 years as a family owned business, Dixie Queen Inc. began bringing outsiders into the fold. The first Dixie Queen opened in Memphis on Bellevue near McLemore in 1949 and now a new store has opened in Southaven, MS. Dixie Queen's menu consists of hamburgers, other hot sandwiches and ice cream concoctions.

http://www.visitmississippi.org/events-and-points-of-interest/dixie-queen-24181

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.