Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

A. C. van Kuijk

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Post by A. C. van Kuijk »

I just listened to Black Angels In Vegas. The King is not as good as three years before, but he still delivers a good show with a nice mixture of old and new.

I also was impressed with the sound, very good for a recording of this kind.

A. C. van Kuijk

Post by A. C. van Kuijk »

Yesterday I played SNOWBIRD, another show from January 1971.

The sound is not as good as on ONLY BELIEVE and the concert is much shorter. But Elvis performs well, he's funny and entertaining and sings a nice selection of songs.

Rob
GodFather of FECC

Post by Rob »

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

Rob on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:49 pm wrote:Image
Because this was Ernst’s choice and because of all the generous reviews, I decided to get this twofer after all. Unfortunately, I didn’t find the shows to be anything special upon initial listening. I’ll play both CDs again tomorrow and see if I change my mind about them. Elvis seems laidback and sluggish as a result of the tape running too slow, which spoils the listening pleasure somewhat. I might post more after giving the shows another spin.

Elvis2000

Post by Elvis2000 »

Ken Jensen on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:08 pm wrote:
Rob on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:49 pm wrote:Image
Because this was Ernst’s choice and because of all the generous reviews, I decided to get this twofer after all. Unfortunately, I didn’t find the shows to be anything special upon initial listening. I’ll play both CDs again tomorrow and see if I change my mind about them. Elvis seems laidback and sluggish as a result of the tape running too slow, which spoils the listening pleasure somewhat. I might post more after giving the shows another spin.
It was the opposite for me. I found them intresting at first, but then I couldn't go back to them, that's weird because I love anything from 1974 (even College Park... sort of). I honestly would have prefered either a October '74 set or '77 set, those would have been more intresting.
Well, I guess we have to wait and see what the future holds, and I hope FTD have listened to us.

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Elvis2000 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:18 pm wrote:
Ken Jensen on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:08 pm wrote: Because this was Ernst’s choice and because of all the generous reviews, I decided to get this twofer after all. Unfortunately, I didn’t find the shows to be anything special upon initial listening. I’ll play both CDs again tomorrow and see if I change my mind about them. Elvis seems laidback and sluggish as a result of the tape running too slow, which spoils the listening pleasure somewhat. I might post more after giving the shows another spin.
It was the opposite for me. I found them intresting at first, but then I couldn't go back to them, that's weird because I love anything from 1974 (even College Park... sort of). I honestly would of prefered either a October '74 set or '77 set, those would have been more intresting.
Well, I guess we have to wait and see what the future holds, and I hope FTD have listened to us.
A soundboard from the April/May 1977 tour is long overdue, considering that it remains uncovered, not to mention that FTD has only released two concerts and a compilation from 1977 during the last sixteen years, and nothing at all in the last seven years. It won’t be Elvis at his best, not even close, but such a release can easily be argued for.

I agree that a twofer from the September/October 1974 tour would be more than welcome, perhaps the September 30 show combined with one of the October gigs. These concerts are entertaining and interesting in a bizarre sort of way. During this tour, Elvis left his professional mask at home. He was like a knight who entered the battlefield without his suit of armour, knowing he would take some hits, but coming on anyway. That takes courage. Or maybe just the wrong combination of pharmaceutical drugs.

Elvis2000

Post by Elvis2000 »

Ken Jensen on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:08 pm wrote:
Elvis2000 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:18 pm wrote:
Ken Jensen on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:08 pm wrote: Because this was Ernst’s choice and because of all the generous reviews, I decided to get this twofer after all. Unfortunately, I didn’t find the shows to be anything special upon initial listening. I’ll play both CDs again tomorrow and see if I change my mind about them. Elvis seems laidback and sluggish as a result of the tape running too slow, which spoils the listening pleasure somewhat. I might post more after giving the shows another spin.
It was the opposite for me. I found them intresting at first, but then I couldn't go back to them, that's weird because I love anything from 1974 (even College Park... sort of). I honestly would of prefered either a October '74 set or '77 set, those would have been more intresting.
A soundboard from the April/May 1977 tour is long overdue, considering that it remains uncovered, not to mention that FTD has only released two concerts and a compilation from 1977 during the last sixteen years, and nothing at all in the last seven years. It won’t be Elvis at his best, not even close, but such a release can easily be argued for.

I agree that a twofer from the September/October 1974 tour would be more than welcome, perhaps the September 30 show combined with one of the October gigs. These concerts are entertaining and interesting in a bizarre sort of way. During this tour, Elvis left his professional mask at home. He was like a knight who entered the battlefield without his suit of armour, knowing he would take some hits, but coming on anyway. That takes courage. Or maybe just the wrong combination of pharmaceutical drugs.
The 1977 tour that came after the one that you mention, that tour also needs to be covered by releasing Knoxville or Augusta or Rochester or Binghamton (second show) or Mobile, anyone of these shows can be ranked among some of the best '77 shows.
But I still think my idea of releasing 4 of the best shows from the year in one release makes sense, so, Columbia and Norman (second show) on disc one and Ann Arbor (this could easily be released alone with the Multi-tracks) and Knoxville (it became my favorite '77 show after listening to the SA release Too Late For Goodbyes) on disc two.

September/October 1974 could be covered with alot more shows than one might think (obviously if the soundboard exists or is in the vault), South Bend (Sept 30) and Wichita (I am a lineman for the county... sorry I've been getting into Glen Campbell recently, boy can he play guitar) could be put together, Detroit (both shows, the September 29th show sound like a fun show), St. Paul (both shows), Indianapolis (both shows) and the last two shows (San Antonio and Abilene) could be paired up.

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Elvis2000, there are no soundboards in the official vaults from the May/June 1977 tour; that’s why I didn’t mention it.

Your thoughts on the September/October 1974 tour makes sense, and I agree with you fully.

Elvis2000

Post by Elvis2000 »

Ken Jensen on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:14 pm wrote:Elvis2000, there are no soundboards in the official vaults from the May/June 1977 tour; that’s why I didn’t mention it.

Your thoughts on the September/October 1974 tour makes sense, and I agree with you fully.
It's a shame about the May/June 1977 tour, because there are some really good shows for '77.

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Elvis2000 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 pm wrote:
Ken Jensen on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:14 pm wrote:Elvis2000, there are no soundboards in the official vaults from the May/June 1977 tour; that’s why I didn’t mention it.

It's a shame about the May/June 1977 tour, because there are some really good shows for '77.
That tour is underrated. Unchained Elvis and Second Night are prime examples of that.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

While some Elvis fans may mourn that there are no May/June soundboards in the vaults, Rapid City from the June tour (and Elvis In Concert), may be the best concert from 1977. It is multitracked, so the sound will naturally be superior to that of a soundboard recording. Maybe the complete Rapid City concert will be remixed and remastered one day via a FTD release.

Elvis2000

Post by Elvis2000 »

midnightx on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:02 pm wrote:While some Elvis fans may mourn that there are no May/June soundboards in the vaults, Rapid City from the June tour (and Elvis In Concert), may be the best concert from 1977. It is multitracked, so the sound will naturally be superior to that of a soundboard recording. Maybe the complete Rapid City concert will be remixed and remastered one day via a FTD release.
There are shows from the same year that is superior than the Rapid City show, while I agree Elvis performed well compared to a good amount on '77 shows and almost the entirety of the summer '76 tours, it is not the best '77 show there is.
By the way, these shows are the shows that I think are better than the Rapid City performance and if these shows exist through soundboard tapes then they deserve a release also.

Hollywood - Feb 12
Columbia - Feb 18
Norman - March 26
Ann Arbor - April 24
Saginaw - April 25
Chicago - May 1 & 2
Knoxville - May 20
Augusta - May 24
Rochester - May 25
Binghamton - May 27
Mobile - June 2

To be honest I wouldn't mind a release of the Rapid City show, but I would rather have it paired up with Omaha to complete the package. Though I don't think that '77 will get any proper attention from FTD because they want to basically hide '77 from the public, which is weird because they don't mind releasing a disastrous show like the New Haven '76 performance (which in my opinion is worse than all 1977 shows), but they do mind releasing Rapid City.

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

I have given the June 30, 1974, shows another spin, and while I like them better this time around, I still find Elvis somewhat subdued. He appears to have lost the fire in his voice from the March tour.

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Listened to the Ampex ''America's Own'' 2 CD featuring mainly the July 19th 1975 Afternoon Performance in Uniondale.

The CD kicks off with the usual ''Also Sprach Zarathustra'' where you can hear the crowd go absolutely berserk! and to the pounding drums you can tell Elvis has entered the stage as the audience can't control themselfs any longer.. it's insane! Elvis is off to a fantastic start as he rocks straight away with ''See See Rider'' obviously ready to knock uniondale down, James gives a great guitar solo and Ronnie is kicking those drums as if his life depended on it, Elvis makes a cute comment before goin up high and yelling ''Yeah.. SEEE!!!'' He says ''just warming up''. After this Elvis thanks the audience, and jokes ''say where am i? yeah i know i'm in new york!'' then does his ''Well well well'' part to huge audience applause, and goes into a well performed albeit fast paced ''I Got A Woman / Amen'' he really gets into the second part of the song ''Yeah way cross Georgia!''.. everybody claps along to ''Amen'' and Elvis seems to enjoy singing it, there's also a ''Hallelujah'' in there, and the key keeps goin upwards, amazing how the sweets and stamps managed it, the people are loving every second of it, as Elvis shakes his legs to loud applause, ''That's enough i just got through eatin' !'' we get one divebomb done by J.D Sumner. And just under 5 minutes this version stops, Elvis thanks the audience mentions ''it's very nice''

And while james cues ''Love Me'' Elvis says no-no-no Big Boss! and off to a rockin' ''Big Boss Man'' we are, Elvis is on a roll here ''but you won't let J.D stop!'' Elvis jokes, the orchestra and band really shine on this version and Ronnie is really great on drums here, Elvis is enthusiastic and gives a great version with some nice vocal changes, and even a falsetto. And after loud applause Elvis says ''Welcome to the show'' and interacts some with the audience members ''Honey i appriciate the gesture, but no way how far that is!'' Elvis obviously gets a bra handed to him ''Let me see if i can ask somebody there, they're rather small.. no wait a minute i just call em as i see them honey!'' ''It's a Z size!.. Zebra? Ze-bra!'' and then it's time for Elvis to go into a well performed ''Love Me'' it features a strong ending. ''I like to make an announcement, i usually tell this.. i don't know what you've heard.. but we like you to enjoy yourself and have a good time, that's why were here, you don't have to sit and not move!'' Elvis then sings a strong version of ''If You Love Me Let Me Know'' which i really like. ''My first movie was love me tender so i'd like to sing that for you'' and off into ''Love Me Tender'' which is mostly straightly sung, and performed well. ''You're a good audience'' Elvis then receives another gift and thanks the person for it before heading into a okay ''All Shook Up'' and straight onto ''Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel'' which is okay with Elvis noticing something and saying ''He likes it.. He likes it up here!'' Elvis also jokes during don't be cruel ''If you can't come around, atleast get of the phone don't be cruel!'' we also get the ''Before i kick your...'' line, we get an extended end ''Indian..'' and Elvis making indian sounds ''woo-woo-woo'' Elvis then straight goes into ''You aiiiiinnnnttttt have seen nothing yet... nothing but a... just checking your reflexes Ronnie... but-ah... but-ah'' and off into ''Hound Dog'' we are which is performed okay, with Elvis again making the sounds of a indian ''woo-woo-woo'' during the ending

''This next song is a song we did a few years ago called the wonder of you'' and off into a beautiful version of ''The Wonder Of You'' we are.. Elvis does a nice vocal change on ''your love for me is every-thi-hi-hing'' it also features a very strong ending. Elvis then mentions ''There's a song we recorded a long time ago, called Trying To Get To You and i hope to god that i can do it'' Elvis also mentions the binoculars looking like frogs to him, Elvis then sings a great version of ''Trying To Get To You'' also joking ''I kept chooking all the way'' his voice soars through the building, Elvis also does a strong ending including a falsetto. Then it's onto a rockin' ''Burning Love'' he also jokes ''I'm burning a thumb and a leg'' this version features a extended ending with the audience goin nuts about it, and Elvis obviously working hard doing his moves. Then it's time for the introductions ''I'd like to.. get my breath back for a second. Elvis mentions the sweets having been with him for 5 and a half years, he then introduces J.D Sumner and the stamps individually, Elvis then jokes ''The little girl that does our high voice singing, she just takes affection wherever she can get it'' ''On the rhythm guitar from springfield, missouri, i've never figured this guy, and i'll never will to try to get to again, John Wilkinson! He's the weirdest drum on the stage believe me next to Joe Guercio'' Then Elvis introduces James Burton and performs a short but well done ''Johnny B. Goode'' Elvis then asks James to do something different.. called ''Chickin' Pickin'' which is great to hear and shows what a great musician James is. Then Ronnie Tutt does a great drum solo, the same goes for Jerry Scheff's bass solo, Glen D. Hardin does a fun solo similar to that of Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Elvis seems to enjoy it to as he asks Glen to keep on goin ''one more time'', followed by a fun ''School Day'' Then Elvis goes into a rockin' version of ''T-R-O-U-B-L-E'' Elvis makes an off-colored joke ''I bet your mother must have been a fat lookin' mother too'' this is then followed by a strong and impromptu ''Heartbreak Hotel'' which i really like.

Elvis then asks Voice to sing ''Killing Me Softly'' which is a beautiful performance, and i always like it when voice sings this song, this is then followed by a great ''Let Me Be There'' with some great vocals by Elvis. Elvis then asks ''i'd like to something different here for a second, i've always, i've always known how to sing bass, so this song called rock-a-my-soul & bosom of abraham'' and off into a rare ''Bosom Of Abraham/You Better Run'' we are which is a great version, it's always great when Elvis performed this live, as far as we know he only did that 3 times (this particular show, december 7, 1976 & march 29, 1977), after this Elvis says ''A song i'd want to do in this spot.. this time you gave me a mountain'' and Elvis continues to perform a great version of ''You Gave Me A Mountain'' with the a joke ''Deprived of the love of a shoe, blamed for the loss of an eye''
However it's further a serious version, and Elvis does some nice vocal changes and even does a small part in spoken-manner and ends the song in a real high note. After this it's time for a bit of sillyness with ''Little Darlin''' which is fun to hear ''to hold in mind, your little.. what are you doing Ronnie?, do something woman go crazy, please hold me, hold something, hold my hand!''. Afer this it's time for ''Mystery Train/Tiger Man'' which is performed strong ''well it's taking my baby, you betcha i won't do it again man!'' Elvis improvises, the crowd goes nuts during the Tiger Man part as Elvis is obviously doing the moves, Ronnie is nuts on the drums and James his solo's on this one are fantastic.

Elvis then interacts some more with his fans from nassau before launching into ''Funny How Time Slips Away'' which has a false start as Elvis mentions ''wo-ho-ho put it in a key where i can strain in the baritone, and impress ed enoch and bill baize and hate sherill'' Elvis then continues to do a good version of this song in a higher key then usual, being in this higher key Elvis pushes himself thou does joke ''Hows your new love, i hope that hes goin blind - doin' fine!'', ''ain't it funny..... love me tender? what you want dear, you want a scarf? a kiss? here's the scarf and there's the kiss! slips right aha....wayyyy'' Elvis then wants to do the end part of the song again so people can hear J.D. sing two keys from the bottom of the piano ''ain't it funny.. *Elvis giggles* see how funny it is!'', after this Elvis thanks the audience, mentions he's got another show to do in the evening, ''and god bless you'' and so we end the show with the usual but well performed ''Can't Help Falling In Love''

This is a great show that i thoroughly enjoyed, Elvis is in a funny mood, while at the same time came to sing... and sung he did!, if you can find this bootleg it sometimes shows up on ebay from time to time, it's well worth getting, it's an audience recording but quite clear... my next review be of the evening show! :)

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Makaveli

Post by Makaveli »

Elvis In Florida - April 1975 - FTD
April 27, 1975 ES

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Listened to the new FTD ''Off-On Stage 1970''
Scanned by Johnny2523

The CD Fades into the last part of ''I Got A Woman'' to be more specific ''Well she's my babe-eh'', and Elvis jokes with the band before ending the song by going ''iiiii''..'' with the band already starting the ending and Elvis mentioning ''Scared the hell out of you didn't it'' all we have of this song is 50 seconds.. but i guess it's okay, Elvis then fools around, laughs, ''Just do it again... that's all.. hmmmm'' similar to what he said in August '69... Elvis then blows his nose ''oh it was me! i will spend my whole life through.. blow my nose'' nice to have that one-liner of Loving You thou, then elvis strums the guitar and goes into ''Long Tall Sally'' which is performed strong with a great guitar solo by James Burton. Elvis then welcomes the audience to the Flamingo ''I Better cool it man, the president is in here, cause he might not know he is in here, but he is!'' Elvis jokes,

Second picture is pages 4 & 5 from the booklet, scanned by johnny2523

then we go into ''Let It Be Me'' which has James guitar more upfront then the usual mixes, it's a beautiful version and seriously performed, only thing i don't like about the sound mix is that the drums are placed left together with the orchestra, with the guitar and imperials and sweets placed to the right - i personally prefer the drums in the middle instead the bells are in the middle.., during the last part of this song Elvis makes a cute comment ''Sing it myrna!'', those songs so far were from February 16, 1970 midnight shows, and after let it be me we go to dialogue from the 17th (DS), ''I have out a new record, it's a song about a bird.. nah anyway.. we better do it man or i'm getting in trouble'' and off we go to ''Don't Cry Daddy'' which is a nice version but has Elvis coughing and laughing including changing lyrics ''Don't cough daddy'' this is then followed by ''I Can't Stop Loving You'' which is a great version and done seriously except for the ending where Elvis laughs a bit. After that it's onto ''Walk A Mile In My Shoes'' which is a great version, which features some great guitar playing by James, the audience reaction is nicely faded over the outro of this song. ''There was a guy who ha-ha-had out a big record last year, his name is Neil Diamond and i'd like to sing this song for you now'' so that leads us into ''Sweet Caroline'' which is a fun version thou with some joking ''and when iii.. stop me steve'' outside of this it's a serious performance. Elvis then mentions ''I've got out a new record that's been out about a week and goes like this'' and so we go into ''Kentucky Rain'' which is from February 19th dinner show which has been unreleased officially, and is a beautiful version thou does it have a few coughs by Elvis ''Play it Glen Goddamnit!'' after this version we go right into the intro of ''Polk Salad Annie'' and the last track from the February 17, 1970 DS show which is a great version with James guitar sticking out for me, this version is not much different to the one used for the original album except for Elvis his cough and elvis noting ''Daddy was a lazy at no count.. just sang that verse didn't i?''

Pages 10 & 11 scanned by Johnny2523

Then off we are into 3 more tracks from the 19th dinner show albeit previously unreleased on the Polk Salad Annie FTD & The Today, Tomorrow & Forever boxset, ''Proud Mary'' which is a solid version albeit i still prefer later versions, but that's just my taste. ''We are recording a live album tonight, that's why you hear all the electrical buzzing and all that stuff happening, we have to turn around here and talk and find out what were doing cause we don't know sometimes.. that figures don't it?'' and so off we go into ''Release Me'' which is a great version and after this Elvis calls for a time-out and Elvis coughs..again.. and jokes ''There goes the health'' we get a one-liner of Funny how time slips away before Elvis calls out for ''See See Rider'' which is a solid version, the mix is superior on these tracks then the aforementioned releases they appeared on. ''Uhh the wonder of you, I can't do all those folks, we kinda do 16 songs, i really don't have time do heartbreak hotel, and heartburn motel, whatever it might be.. you guys ready?'' and so it leads us into ''The Wonder Of You'' from the February 18th midnight show, this version was previously released on the Elvis 30 #1 hits cd which is a serious and great version.

After this we go to 3 more tracks from the february 16th midnight show, the first being ''Don't Cry Daddy'' which is yet another laughing version, and has Elvis joking ''sing it charlie'' and jokes ''why are children always first, to feel the pain and cough the words'' and while regaining some seriousness Elvis again jokes on the very last line ''Oh daddy, please don't cough'' and Elvis afterwards noting ''If you happen to buy that record, the laughing isn't in there.. too bad, it should have been there'', then it fades out and we go into ''Kentucky Rain'' which is another great version but also again includes laughing ''Showed your photograph to some old gray bearded fools'' it's nice to hear some clock kind of bells in several parts of the song. And we end the disc with ''Love Me Tender'' ''I did a movie.. and the title song went like this'' the song features a false start ''that's how it went man, right down that damn hill'' Elvis then continues to perform a okay version of the song except it features.. you guessed it.. joking ''You have made my health a wreck'' and Elvis interacts with the audience and kisses them, and says hello to them.. much like any other live version (with exceptions) and before it fades out you can hear Elvis say ''that's the kissing song man''.

And after 45 minutes the disc is over..
While i enjoyed hearing these new version, i'm slightly dissapointed. The artwork is fantastic (see pictures), the booklet is nice, except that there's only 2 pages of text (3 if you count the tracklisting and credits page) great thing about the booklet thou is.. the rehearsal listings it's fun to see that Elvis probably rehearsed ''Memphis, Tennessee'' and ''Trouble'' and it's fun to read bob lanning's recollections.Back to the cd, the sound quality is great.. the mix is up for debate, i personally prefer the drums in the middle but that's upto people their own judgement, Elvis laughs through almost every single song, and coughs through every single song. 45 Minutes is kind of a waste of CD especially considering most releases atleast featured an hour of music (because of being a concert) or 70/80 minutes per disc (being a studio session disc), and we know there was more that could have been added but okay.. Elvis performances are fun but i can see why this might have annoyed reviewers back in the day and people in 2018, it's not necesarrily a disc you want to play over and over again.. but it's fun
So while it's good that we got this (and a nice break from the soundboards), it's certainly not one of my favourite FTD's because of Elvis his coughing and continued laughing (and you all know i like Elvis laughing/having fun.. but on this disc he does so through almost every single song, and because we don't know why it doesn't make alot of sense.. This is not Elvis at the top of his game.. It's havin' fun with Elvis : February 1970 basically.

That's my opinion.

Elvis2000

Post by Elvis2000 »

Johnny2523 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:38 pm wrote:This is not Elvis at the top of his game.. It's havin' fun with Elvis : February 1970 basically.

That's my opinion.
Just now I asked myself what the point of this release was, I think you answered it.

flamingstar81
Mood:

Post by flamingstar81 »

This is not Elvis at the top of his game.. It's havin' fun with Elvis : February 1970 basically.

That's my opinion.[/quote]

Thanks for a great review, Johnny, I'm really looking forward to hearing this despite the coughing during some of the songs, 1970 was a golden year for Elvis on stage and in the studio. From your summary of the CD, I think "Havin' fun with Elvis : February 1970" would have been a more apt title for this new FTD.

"The image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image, I'll put it that way"

Elvis at the New York Madison Square Garden press conference, June 9th, 1972.

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Forty-five minutes of music on a collector’s CD that costs twice as much as a normal CD ... what a bargain! :facep: :roll:

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

I just finished listening to the March 22, 1975, midnight show (Las Vegas 1975, CD 1). What a fantastic show! Even the band introductions are great and full of fun. This concert is a heck of a lot better than the Omaha twofer from 1974.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Ken Jensen on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:37 pm wrote:I just finished listening to the March 22, 1975, midnight show (Las Vegas 1975, CD 1). What a fantastic show! Even the band introductions are great and full of fun. This concert is a heck of a lot better than the Omaha twofer from 1974.
That show is my favorite post-1972 show, bar none.
Last edited by Mike C on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Mike C on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:41 am wrote:
Ken Jensen on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:37 pm wrote:I just finished listening to the March 22, 1975, midnight show (Las Vegas 1975, CD 1). What a fantastic show! Even the band introductions are great and full of fun. This concert is a heck of a lot better than the Omaha twofer from 1974.
That show is my favorite post-1972 show, bar non.
And I understand why.

Jambalaya

Post by Jambalaya »

Ken Jensen on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:38 pm wrote:
And I understand why.
Guys, let me confirm your opinions. I love that Show also and I do believe it is one of the best of Elvis we have in our collections. I am also sure that Elvis is probably totally clean plus enyoing himself tremendously. Those approx. 2000 who attended the Show were probably not aware what a hell of a Show they just saw.

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Jambalaya on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:08 am wrote:
And I understand why.
Guys, let me confirm your opinions. I love that Show also and I do believe it is one of the best of Elvis we have in our collections. I am also sure that Elvis is probably totally clean plus enyoing himself tremendously. Those approx. 2000 who attended the Show were probably not aware what a hell of a Show they just saw.
Las Vegas 1975, CD 2 (dinner show, April 1), is also a strong concert, albeit not of the same quality as the March 22 and 28 midnight shows. I am sure glad to have these Vegas shows in my collection and wouldn’t mind getting another twofer from this season.

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Ken Jensen on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:02 pm wrote:
Jambalaya on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:08 am wrote:
And I understand why.
Las Vegas 1975, CD 2 (dinner show, April 1), is also a strong concert, albeit not of the same quality as the March 22 and 28 midnight shows. I am sure glad to have these Vegas shows in my collection and wouldn’t mind getting another twofer from this season.
Me neither.. i really like that april 1st dinner show.. with a solid burning love and elvis emphasising "burning a holeeee where i lay"