Need Help with a song.....I'm Leavin live.......

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author

Need Help with a song.....I'm Leavin live.......

Post by Guest »

Heard this song sang by Elvis tonight. It was AWESOME.........he was in a very good mood, joking with the Audience. Someone had made him a rug and he asked if She had made it...............he gave her a scarf, and said I didn't make it myself etc.

Does anyone know where it's from.........a date or a title would help me for starters.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Dandy

Post by Jim Dandy »

Where'd you hear it?

I'm the man downstairs with the long bushy hair!

Topic author

Post by Guest »

LittleDarlin
I`ve heard this too, right now I don`t remember from wich cd it comes, but I`ll take a listen for it. I`ll let you know later :wink:

DarrylMac

Post by DarrylMac »

It's taken from the Live In Las Vegas box set, disc 4, track 8. According to the notes, it's from the 21st Aug 74, but doesn't give an indication of dinner, or midnight show.

Hope that helps?

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

DarrylMac wrote:It's taken from the Live In Las Vegas box set, disc 4, track 8. According to the notes, it's from the 21st Aug 74, but doesn't give an indication of dinner, or midnight show.
I have it listed as the midnight show.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Thanks everyone I appreciate it, I actually have that set :D

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Jim Dandy wrote:Where'd you hear it?
It was on a CD someone made as a Thank You.

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Great song, and a great highlight of Disc 4 :D

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

Speaking of disc 4 of the "Live In Las Vegas" box set: What does Elvis and JD start laughing about during the song, "Why Me, Lord"??

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Tony Trout wrote:Speaking of disc 4 of the "Live In Las Vegas" box set: What does Elvis and JD start laughing about during the song, "Why Me, Lord"??
Oh, I know this, I know it........

Wasn't it to do with some oversized slippers or something ?

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

ColinB wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:Speaking of disc 4 of the "Live In Las Vegas" box set: What does Elvis and JD start laughing about during the song, "Why Me, Lord"??
Oh, I know this, I know it........

Wasn't it to do with some oversized slippers or something ?
If you say so :lol:

MB280E
On Suspension Until Further Notice...

Post by MB280E »

Read about the incident in The Concert Years by Stein Erik Skar

Sincerely MB280E

"Folks, it´s been 9 years since I performed before a live audience. I´ve been busy making an 8mm film that hasn´t been released yet about a squirrel who gets lost in the wintertime and can´t find his nuts."

´98 W140 S320 (my new baby)
´90 W124 230E (sold...)
´81 W123 280E (R.I.P.)

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

MB280E wrote:Read about the incident in The Concert Years by Stein Erik Skar

Sincerely MB280E

If I had a copy of the book I would....it's too expensive...and it's hard to find.... :(

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

Topic author
thekingisalive

Post by thekingisalive »

That version of "I’m Leavin’" is indeed from the August 21, 1974 midnight show. It’s the most entertaining version of that song and probably also the best one.

Per

MB280E

Post by MB280E »

This is for you then Tony:

"During the midnight show on the 21st, J.D. managed to sing the whole of the first verse without Elvis teasing him, and as usual Elvis joined in the chorous. While this was going on, Charlie Hodge sat crouched down at Elvis´ feet doing something which was hidden by the darkness. When the chorous had been sung and Charlie was obviously finished with what he had been doing, Elvis went over to J.D. and lifted one of his legs up to his face. The huge bass singer turned red in the face from suppressed laughter. Charlie had fastened an inflatable white rubber foot with black toes on Elvis´ boot, and J.D. only managed a few snorts during the whole of the next verse, while Elvis stood doubled over with laughter. "Sorry, J.D..." Elvis said afterwards, "I had to do it." He told the audience that the idea was the result of something they had talked about during the break between the dinner show and this show - Elvis said something about being able to walk on water - therefore this "walk on the water foot..." :lol:

Sincerely MB280E

"Folks, it´s been 9 years since I performed before a live audience. I´ve been busy making an 8mm film that hasn´t been released yet about a squirrel who gets lost in the wintertime and can´t find his nuts."

´98 W140 S320 (my new baby)
´90 W124 230E (sold...)
´81 W123 280E (R.I.P.)

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

MB280E wrote:This is for you then Tony:

"During the midnight show on the 21st, J.D. managed to sing the whole of the first verse without Elvis teasing him, and as usual Elvis joined in the chorous. While this was going on, Charlie Hodge sat crouched down at Elvis´ feet doing something which was hidden by the darkness. When the chorous had been sung and Charlie was obviously finished with what he had been doing, Elvis went over to J.D. and lifted one of his legs up to his face. The huge bass singer turned red in the face from suppressed laughter. Charlie had fastened an inflatable white rubber foot with black toes on Elvis´ boot, and J.D. only managed a few snorts during the whole of the next verse, while Elvis stood doubled over with laughter. "Sorry, J.D..." Elvis said afterwards, "I had to do it." He told the audience that the idea was the result of something they had talked about during the break between the dinner show and this show - Elvis said something about being able to walk on water - therefore this "walk on the water foot..." :lol:

Sincerely MB280E

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's classic!! Pure Elvis!! :D :D

Thanks!!