Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Elvis Presley As He Was Meant To Be Heard

Post by sweetangeline »

Volume 1- 4 on THE INVERSE LABEL clearly are CDR`s came out in 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011. Does anyone have more info on these titles?? thanks

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years 2 months

Re: Elvis Presley As He Was Meant To Be Heard

Post by drjohncarpenter »

sweetangeline wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:43 pm
Volume 1- 4 on THE INVERSE LABEL clearly are CDR`s came out in 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011. Does anyone have more info on these titles?? thanks

Does this mean you have Volumes 5 and 6?

Here are two reviews:

Volume 3:
https://www.elvisnews.com/2010/05/elvis-presley-as-he-was-meant-to-be-heard-volume-3

Volume 6:
https://www.elvisnews.com/2012/48/as-he-was-meant-to-be-heard-volume-6

Here's a listing for Volume 1:
https://www.discogs.com/release/4518704-Elvis-Presley-Elvis-Presley-As-He-Was-Meant-To-Be-Heard-Complete-50s-Studio-Releases-In-Natural-Soun

What is "Natural Sound"? And the reviews give only the vaguest descriptions about how much better these CD-Rs are compared to FTD and RCA.

It really seems like someone has audio software, a CD burner, and a lot of spare time.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by sweetangeline »

I got vol 1 to 4 that`s how I knew they were CDR`s (not from previous reviews). As you state these are pretty vague to say the least but thanks for the links.

Rebel Yell
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Post by Rebel Yell »

I think the only way Elvis was ment to be heard is what RCA Victor was released at the time the records hit the market. We are flooded with different releases that once started with Our Memories Of Elvis released by RCA after he was gone and of course there was the Guitar Man album, but none of them was released in Elvis lifetime and without he's approvement. The was also a bootleg where someone tried to make "fake" duets If my memory serves me correct with Linda Ronstadt and other artists. I stick to the original releases and what FTD and RCA puts out.

Spellbinder
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by Spellbinder »

Rebel Yell wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:44 pm
I think the only way Elvis was ment to be heard is what RCA Victor was released at the time the records hit the market. We are flooded with different releases that once started with Our Memories Of Elvis released by RCA after he was gone and of course there was the Guitar Man album, but none of them was released in Elvis lifetime and without he's approvement. The was also a bootleg where someone tried to make "fake" duets If my memory serves me correct with Linda Ronstadt and other artists. I stick to the original releases and what FTD and RCA puts out.
What about his original Sun releases?

Ray

Rebel Yell
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Post by Rebel Yell »

Spellbinder wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:58 pm
Rebel Yell wrote:
What about his original Sun releases?
What about them? You can enjoy both the original SUN sound or the way RCA Victor released them after they took over his contract, both versions of his SUN was released during his lifetime. Since the release of A Boy From Tupelo anyone can get both versions without go for the more expensive 78 0r 45 rpm from SUN. In both cases as the record company wanted the music to be heard.

rockinrebel

Post by rockinrebel »

Rebel Yell wrote:
I thought the CD releases being discussed were dubbed from original vinyl - hence the titles of the albums?

Swedish

Post by Swedish »

Rebel Yell wrote:
But all the unreleased songs & alternate takes & demos released on FTD without he's approvement... so forbidden for you to buy then :wink:

Shakin' Stevens aka Michael Barratt March 4th 1948 - 36 Marcross Rd, Cardiff suburb of Ely, South Wales