Hawaii 1969 Candid

Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Winston
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Hawaii 1969 Candid

Post by Winston »

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Hawaii 1969 Candid

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Winston wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:58 am

Some of these Joe Esposito home movies are used twice in this video. I recognize everyone who went. Some are dead, and some are living.

All taken from Elvis' Hawaiian vacation in May 1969, after completing the film "Change of Habit." There's a lot of footage of the group at the Halona Blowhole Lookout, a big tourist spot.

https://www.hawaii.com/oahu/attractions/halona-blowhole-beach-cove/

You also see them with Tom Jones, who was playing shows at the Ilikai Hotel, a landmark oceanfront high rise hotel at the western end of Waikiki in Honolulu. I'm sure Elvis and crew went to at least one performance.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Jokerlola
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Re: Hawaii 1969 Candid

Post by Jokerlola »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:24 am
Winston wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:58 am

Some of these Joe Esposito home movies are used twice in this video. I recognize everyone who went. Some are dead, and some are living.

All taken from Elvis' Hawaiian vacation in May 1969, after completing the film "Change of Habit." There's a lot of footage of the group at the Halona Blowhole Lookout, a big tourist spot.

https://www.hawaii.com/oahu/attractions/halona-blowhole-beach-cove/

You also see them with Tom Jones, who was playing shows at the Ilikai Hotel, a landmark oceanfront high rise hotel at the western end of Waikiki in Honolulu. I'm sure Elvis and crew went to at least one performance.
We had an evening with Charlie Hodge in the early 80's at the Bonfils Theater in Denver through our fan club where he showed these same home movies claiming they were his.