Keep The Fire Burning ~ The Dixieland was a Rocking!

Post Here All Reviews Of Bootleg CD's/LP's etc.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
JEFF d
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Keep The Fire Burning ~ The Dixieland was a Rocking!

Post by JEFF d »

Review:

May 7th, 1975 Murfreesboro Tennessee

As some of you know part of this concert was used on the "Dixieland Rocks" FTD as bonus songs and to pad out the concert from May 6th to make it feel like a complete show. Well on this release we get the whole show! It's a very good show also!

This CD includes the whole show unlike so many from 1975. Starts out with 2001, and goes into a great version of "See See Rider"! Elvis is in a good mood this evening, which is good for the fans in the audience and for us! Next of course is "I Got A Woman/Amen", with Elvis saying "Someone is having a baby!" in other words calm down ladies and I'll get the show started! "IGAW" is a very good strong version, "Amen" is also very good, because it is sung straight, and very little cutting up. "Good Evening Ladies And Gentlemen, my name is Kate Smith, thats the reports I've been reading about this tour" LOL my my Elvis is in a fiesty mood tonght! "I may be crazy but I'm no fool!" and now were into "Love Me" which is done rather good for a song he as sung hundreds of times at this point in his career, nice job. "If You Love Me" again a good version. Up next is "Love Me Tender" which is basicly an excuse for Elvis to make out with the front row, he also sings just a line of Tom T. Halls "I Love...", there is some lady yelling "GOD YOUR BEAUTIFULL!" then Elvis gets the giggles bad and calls her the "hunchback of Murfreesboro" she must have been a real beauty! lol :P Ok now were into the 50s medley " All Shook Up, Teddy Bear, Don't Be Cruel" done at such a break neck speed it would make a rocket from Houston jealous, really not that bad of versions though, fun for the crowd. Apparently someone threw their shoe on stage and his is trying his best to find its rightfull owner. lol That sure does have him worried! Now "The Wonder Of You" a very good '75 version, but still can't touch a version from 1970, enjoyable! Up next a great version of "Burning Love" I just love the '75 versions of this song and this one is really good, sung very strong and no goofing around! Time for the band introductions *yawn*, he does "Johnny B. Goode" totall throw away version, with just Elvis sorta singing, then just humming along. Then the "drum, bass, piano, & orchestra solos *BIG yawn* lets get on with the show Elvis, enough of this! Finally back to the songs... "Bridge Over Trouble Water"(which is also a bonus song on Dixieland Rocks) a very good version, a better version from 1975 you will be hard pressed to find. The whole show picks up quite good after the intros. Time for a honky tonk rocker "T.R.O.U.B.L.E." very good fun version Elvis didn't get too tounge tied during this, but just a little bit, good fun song! Up next is a song from the "AlaHo" concert, lol or so he says, "I'll Remember You", it's a good version. "Let Me Be There", God he must have loved this song, he sang it enough in the 70s and its not even his hit song, anyways its a good job. Time for "An American Trilogy" honestly I would have to call this a throw away with him acting silly at the first part trying to make JD laugh, but the ending is very strong. Elvis next wants them to turn the house lights up, but apparently they can't find the switch lol... Oh well, hello there ain't it "Funny How Time Slips Away" nice again. Youuuuu aiiiiinnttt nuthin but a "Hound Dog" again a throw away, but fun for the crowd, its actually pretty energetic tonight(hey I've heard worse). He then thanks them in Murfreesboro for coming out for 3 different concerts and thanks his band since its the last night of the tour. "Little Darlin" is next, its a fun song tonight and Elvis seems to be enjoying it this night even though the sound has "gone to hell"(so he says). Untill we meet again may God Bless You and take care of yourself... Can't Help Falling In Love.

The booklet on this CD is really fantastic, some great shots of Elvis in his 2 piece suits. He had started puttin on the poundage by May to me he looks alot better in the 2 piece suits when he put on weight. He's still not very heavy though. Lots of great shots of him, and nice layout I would give the booklet a 9.5/10. The sound is pretty good and even all through the show, not quite as good as "Dixieland Rocks" but more even over all. I would have to give this whole package sound, booklet, & show a good solid "A". I liked this show/CD very much, and hope you enjoyed my review!

JEFF d
Elvis fan
Last edited by JEFF d on Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:48 am, edited 5 times in total.

JEFF d
EP fan

Rob

Post by Rob »

I enjoyed the CD as well, Jeff. Thanks for the review. However, the best version of Bridge Over Troubled Water from 1975 comes from the Sold Out In Dixie CD.

YDKM
Registered for: 21 years

Post by YDKM »

:lol: I'm IMPRESSED! :roll: BOTH those last posts reviews and comments were 100% 'spot on' the money!! :roll:

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Deleted User 1099

Re: Keep The Fire Burning ~ The Dixieland was a Rocking!

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

Keep the Fire Burning contains a very good show. Unfortunately, the sound is mediocre and lifeless. All tracks sound much better on Dixieland Rocks. "Bridge over Troubled Water" from Murfreesboro is the best version from 1975. Rob’s personal favorite is almost as good.

deadringer
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by deadringer »

Ken Jensen wrote:Keep the Fire Burning contains a very good show. Unfortunately, the sound is mediocre and lifeless. All tracks sound much better on Dixieland Rocks.
- sure because FTD was working with original tape. Bootlegger got copy of copy of.... still, this import is including THE ONLY COMPLETE SOUNDBOARD SHOW EVER RELEASED FROM 1975.

Deleted User 1099

I know, Deadringer. I didn’t realize it was the only complete 1975 show released on bootleg, but I guess you’re right. Too bad FTD didn’t release this show.

deadringer
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by deadringer »

Ken Jensen wrote:I know, Deadringer. I didn’t realize it was the only complete 1975 show released on bootleg, but I guess you’re right. Too bad FTD didn’t release this show.
Yes a pity.... actually there was some mismatch on Murfreesboro FTD anyway. Not too many 1975 shows were taped in entirety.... and if we have some let's say from Dec. 75 on FTD, then thing like "My Heavenly Father" is edited out due to copyright reasons (?).

Deleted User 1099

I don’t know about you, but I can do without that song. In fact, I can do without Cathy’s and Sherrill’s wailing every day of the week.

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

Ken Jensen wrote:I don’t know about you, but I can do without that song. In fact, I can do without Cathy’s and Sherrill’s wailing every day of the week.
How about JD's dive-boming?

Deleted User 1099

I love that. My favorite version is the one on Tucson ’76.

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by Robert »

Don't forget about the bass playing on Burning Love.
It's dirty!

MB280E
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 21 years

Post by MB280E »

deadringer wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:Keep the Fire Burning contains a very good show. Unfortunately, the sound is mediocre and lifeless. All tracks sound much better on Dixieland Rocks.
- sure because FTD was working with original tape. Bootlegger got copy of copy of.... still, this import is including THE ONLY COMPLETE SOUNDBOARD SHOW EVER RELEASED FROM 1975.
What about "Dinner At Eight" Las Vegas, December 13th. 1975 dinner show?

Sincerely MB280E

"Folks, it´s been 9 years since I performed before a live audience. I´ve been busy making an 8mm film that hasn´t been released yet about a squirrel who gets lost in the wintertime and can´t find his nuts."

´98 W140 S320 (my new baby)
´90 W124 230E (sold...)
´81 W123 280E (R.I.P.)

Deleted User 1099

Dinner at Eight is one space odyssey short of being complete, otherwise a fantastic concert, definitely one of the best from that year.

fg76
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by fg76 »

midnightx wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:I don’t know about you, but I can do without that song. In fact, I can do without Cathy’s and Sherrill’s wailing every day of the week.
How about JD's dive-boming?
Or those fantastic versions of "My Bo-" Nah, I'm not going there.

vinelvis
Registered for: 10 years

Post by vinelvis »

Thanks for this review.