Interview With Sandi Miller

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Luuk

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Post by Luuk »

Monique wrote:WOW! That must have been scarry. You sure lived a tumultuous life! :shock:
Things like this can happen anywhere.
Two years ago while I was busy cleaning my front garden one nice summer evening, I heard a "plop" followed by someone shouting "Call the police, someone's shot". It appeared only some 20 meters from where I was standing someone was shot. It was just around the corner of my home. If the shooter would have stood on the other side of his victim, I would have seen it happen.
There are too many lunatics walking the streets these days.

jeanno
Registered for: 20 years 4 months

Post by jeanno »

Hey Sandi,

One (more) question: did Elvis speak about Ann-Margret or make any comments about the movie Viva Las Vegas? Did you get the opportunity to see/meet her in Las Vegas?

DutchLA
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by DutchLA »

jeanno wrote:Hey Sandi,

One (more) question: did Elvis speak about Ann-Margret or make any comments about the movie Viva Las Vegas? Did you get the opportunity to see/meet her in Las Vegas?
Not so much Elvis as the boys did - there would be the occasional "tease" about her if something cropped up that reminded them but Elvis didn't really fire back with anything but he'd get a certain look on his face and kinda grin.. I met AM a few times - in LA and again in Vegas when she came backstage after a show. She's very sweet!

jeanno
Registered for: 20 years 4 months

Post by jeanno »

Thanks Sandi.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

DutchLA wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:Rolled up socks :smt005

I don't think Tom ever needed rolled up socks.

Trust LD ....she knows.
LOL - now I have to go and try to find those photos I took of Tom in Hawaii in his speedos!

Sandi!!! LOOK at this :shock:

I need a lie down now

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Mike Eder
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Mike Eder »

DutchLA wrote:
carolynlm wrote:Sandi.....do you collect Elvis' music? The FTD's and other such releases?
**I have some things but I'm not as "up to date" as I get the feeling you all are. However (now don't laugh!!) I do have all his old LP's etc , many of which I got directly from Elvis because he'd get them from RCA (stacks of them) and he'd pass them out.

I have a decent CD collection now but it's not impressive by any means. I'm afraid I'm just not that knowledgeable about all that's out there which is one reason I joined this group years ago (to learn more) and then for the longest time (years) , I could no longer access the board. Now, thanks to alot of help from others, it works again.
Don't worry a lot of us love to collect the LP's. They are even making new ones again. Personally I feel the stuff put out while Elvis was alive was the most important as he had some say so over most of it.
It is nice to see you posting here. I guess as I am a record collector I would be interested if Elvis ever said to you which albums or singles of his he liked or disliked. Thanks again for all the memories.

Mike Eder

tcb4
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Post by tcb4 »

hello Sandi
how are you doing ?

Do you remember, elvis' opinion about the Vietnam war ?

Elton
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by Elton »

tcb4 wrote:hello Sandi
how are you doing ?

Yeah....Too Much Monkey Business! sorry couldn't help myself[/size

Didn't we just go thru this?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39506&start=0

"I Don't Sound Like Nobody" Thats Because Nobody Sounds Like You !

"you remember that doncha?"
Later Elton ^j^

tcb4

Post by tcb4 »

read the end of the topic Elton ...

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

It's brilliant reading through this section again because we find out just what a unique guy Elvis really was.

I've had the chance recently to read something that will prove Elvis was very very smart indeed and I hope Sandi will share with us what I mean.......Sandi.... would you share the ''list'' with FECC members?

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

minni1
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by minni1 »

I'm eager to see what this "list" is, please share, Sandi.

Riverfront Coliseum Cincinnati, Ohio, June 25, 1977

Tony Trout
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Tony Trout »

DutchLA wrote:
Luuk wrote:
DutchLA wrote:I think I've mentioned before that tickets to the NBC show were free - all you had to do was send a SASE to the studio and you would get your tickets back by mail.
Do you remember when NBC announced this and where did they announce it?
**I don't remember - I think our first notice on how to get the tickets came from Col. Parkers office - then TV Guide did a story about the upcoming show and I think they too may have mentioned how to get tickets, but by then, they were all sold out.

Sandi,

On some ticket stubs or promotional things, I've seen it written that children under twelve weren't admitted to the tapings but in looking at the footage from the 3-DVD deluxe box set, there does seem to be very young children in some of the shots of the audience. Did NBC waive this rule before filming actually started? Why were children under that age not permitted? (That's probably a stupid question).

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

N880EP

Post by N880EP »

Cryogenic wrote:
DutchLA wrote:None of it would be new to his family of course but that was beside the point-he felt very betrayed and sad (not mad really which surprised me)
That's because Elvis had probably passed from anger into depression -- according to the Kübler-Ross grief cycle:

See:

http://changingminds.org/disciplines/change_management/kubler_ross/kubler_ross.htm

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

for more.
Be sure to also see the original thread discussing this from a little over a year ago, too.

----------

Great thread, Sandi!

Very nice interview, Sergio. My thanks, as well.

N8
... just a fan ....

PS - Great to hear somebody finally talking about EP's fascination with forensics / medicine, too.

EP was a very complex human being and much more intelligent than most people give him credit for, on a number of levels.

Beautiful thread, and reminder that it is always . . . . . . . The Music, & So Much More.

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Cryogenic »

N880EP wrote:
Cryogenic wrote:
DutchLA wrote:None of it would be new to his family of course but that was beside the point-he felt very betrayed and sad (not mad really which surprised me)
That's because Elvis had probably passed from anger into depression -- according to the Kübler-Ross grief cycle:

See:

http://changingminds.org/disciplines/change_management/kubler_ross/kubler_ross.htm

and

for more.
Be sure to also see the original thread discussing this from a little over a year ago, too.
Oh, goodness! Absolutely!

It was remiss of me not to reference the original thread. I should have. Please accept my apologies on that one.

Mine was only meant to be a brief clarification of a single point, but I should have included a link to your own post, not least because you cited the Kübler-Ross cycle first. Common courtesy 'n' all. Quite right to pull me up. Sorry, N8.

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

N880EP wrote:
Cryogenic wrote:

See:

and

for more.

----------

Great thread, Sandi!

Very nice interview, Sergio. My thanks, as well.

N8
... just a fan ....

PS - Great to hear somebody finally talking about EP's fascination with forensics / medicine, too.

EP was a very complex human being and much more intelligent than most people give him credit for, on a number of levels.

Beautiful thread, and reminder that it is always . . . . . . . The Music, & So Much More.
So very very true. The list I'm referring to in one of my posts is being discussed elsewhere, but I'm not going to post here without Sandi's permission.

Elton
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by Elton »

So glad you are posting here!!

A silly little question for ya Sandi.
Charlie was telling me in a short discussion we had in Memphis and said ELvis had a hard time passing a mirror,that he would catch his self in a glance,and stop and amire his good looks,while muttin' out loud."You Good-Looking SOB"

Sounds just like him and his humor.
Did you ever wittness him doing anything like this?

....Again thanks so much for taking the time to post !!

"I Don't Sound Like Nobody" Thats Because Nobody Sounds Like You !

"you remember that doncha?"
Later Elton ^j^

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

Dan_T wrote:Hi Sandi,

Did you ever meet Lee Majors,and did Elvis really accuse Lee of thinking he was Elvis ? :D

I heard that when Elvis introduced him once that he said "He's Crazy,He Thinks He's me,He Really Does" which I thought was so funny as Lee Majors always reminded me of Elvis when I was a kid.

Dan.
**I never met Lee Majors ... hmmm - I think alot of people sometimes think they're Elvis!

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

Little Darlin wrote:
DutchLA wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:Rolled up socks :smt005

I don't think Tom ever needed rolled up socks.

Trust LD ....she knows.
LOL - now I have to go and try to find those photos I took of Tom in Hawaii in his speedos!

Sandi!!! LOOK at this :shock:

I need a lie down now

**ok to quote "Lordy, Lordy"

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

tcb4 wrote:hello Sandi
how are you doing ?

**It know the Vietnam war cropped up in many a conversation and several of the regular fans, at the time, wore those MIA bracelets with a soldiers name on it. That caught Elvis' attention and he wanted to know all about the reason behind them etc. He was given one which he seemed to be very pleased about. I don't think he liked that war any more than anyone else did at the time but he was supportive of the military - especially since one of the regular girls had a brother who was serving over there and would share updates with everyone. He was also very hung up on all things concerning communism and them trying to take over our country.

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

Elton wrote:So glad you are posting here!!

A silly little question for ya Sandi.
Charlie was telling me in a short discussion we had in Memphis and said ELvis had a hard time passing a mirror,that he would catch his self in a glance,and stop and amire his good looks,while muttin' out loud."You Good-Looking SOB"

Sounds just like him and his humor.
Did you ever wittness him doing anything like this?

....Again thanks so much for taking the time to post !!
**I never saw him do that but I sure can picture it! Sometimes he could really strut his stuff!! This is going to be a contradictory statement but I'll say it anyway. Elvis wasn't stuck on himself - he was picky about how he looked and took great care tolook his best but he wasn't anal about it.
He had no problem coming out of his room in the morning unshaven, hair a mess, looking just like anyone else who just woke up; he would literally blush if someone complimented him on his looks, but I never saw him comment like that while he was looking in a mirror -- but like I said - I can see him doing something like that - just to see what the feedback would be...akin to asking how a show was when he KNEW he just blew an audience away.

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

So very very true. The list I'm referring to in one of my posts is being discussed elsewhere, but I'm not going to post here without Sandi's permission.[/quote]

**You can post it - caused quite the stir on the other board which it was not intended to do (dang politics issue!) but if it an be taken in the vein that this is something Elvis was interested in at the time, and not a political statement for this point in time - then it can be discussed. (Did that make any sense??)

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

**You can post it - caused quite the stir on the other board which it was not intended to do (dang politics issue!) but if it an be taken in the vein that this is something Elvis was interested in at the time, and not a political statement for this point in time - then it can be discussed. (Did that make any sense??)
Thanks Sandi and yes it makes plenty of sense :)

I'll post this as it appeared on the Insiders. I'll start with Sandi's post then underneath it is ''the list''.
Alright - I had to think hard on whether to post this story again - but, since this is not a new story and I've told it to many people on this board in past years, I will repeat it again...one reason being that I've always said Elvis was a bloody brilliant individual who was ahead of his time with insight into things that went way beyond normal thinking at the time. -He had a lot of common sense, he read extensively and had the ability to be objective in his thinking whether he agreed with things or not - he showed that side of himself on many occasions with many different subjects.

Having said that, here is the story again in a little more detail ....

One weekend in Palm Springs in the early 70's, Elvis started discussing the Hollywood crowd - which he admitted he could not relate to - he went into a lot of detail which I won't go into now except to say he did mention several names of people who are still alive today and still in the business who he felt were very detrimental to our country . He then produced this "list" which he said was a list of the goals Communists had to accomplish in order to take over the world - he read it out loud and I'd say there were approx 10 - 12 things that, at that time, had already been accomplished and he pointed those out. He was very concerned with the government bailing out Lockheed because he felt if mis management screwed things up- then Lockheed themselves should figure out a way to fix things-not the government as Nixon wanted to do! As much as he liked Nixon, he disagreed with him on several levels. He felt government should not get involved in people's private lives or their businesses because once they do, "big brother will be looking over your shoulder and before you know what hit you- they will be calling all the shots and you lose your right to think - to choose - to be free and people will start being persecuted for not thinking like the government wants you to. "

Sounded so science fiction at the time and what the heck was big brother?!

I remember wondering at the time where the heck he would have gotten a list like that (and I still don't know) and how accurate it was but as he was reading it and explaining it - it really was rather scarey because at the time just the word communism sent chills up everyone's spine...people spied on people and turned in your names to the government if you disagreed etc. etc... The USSR was something to be feared!

Everyone talked about it afterwards saying those things could NEVER happen in the USA but the look on his face said it all--he felt it definately could happen and even back then he said it will be done and you won't even know it has happened until it's too late...or words to that effect. There was much much more said but it would start a firestorm if I went into more detail than this-it's in my journals (and takes up nearly 8 pages I might add!) another reason I say they will never be printed in their entirety. Let's just say world events today are proving Elvis to be more right than he was wrong and MANY more things have been marked off that list that appeared on the internet since the 1970's when Elvis had the list...this is more than just deja vu for me now - it's become a reality...

I'm posting this to show how little credit Elvis got in many ways when it came to his grasp on situations at the time..and I guess I'm a little freaked out about how many things he talked about that night that are going on right now, almost 40 years later -- he still amazes the heck out of me! Anyway, this is not meant to start a discussion-take it for what it is or ignore it - it's just a journal entry.
The List.
1963 Communist Goals

The following was entered into the Congressional record by Albert Herlong, Jr. (a Floridian who served in Congress from 1949-69) in 1963.

1) US acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war. Done
2) US willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war. Done
3) Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the US would be a demonstration of "moral strength". Still being pushed by the Far Left.
4) Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.Done
5) Ex tension of long term loans to Russia and Soviet Satellites. Done
6) Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination. Done
7) Grant recognition of Red China, and admission of Red China to the UN. Done
8.) Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the Germany question by free elections under supervision of the UN. Failed
9) Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the US has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress. Done
10) Allow all Soviet Satellites individual representation in the UN. Done
11) Promote the UN as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the UN as by Moscow . Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo ). 1st Part Done. 2nd Part is not far away.
12) Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party. Done
13) Do away with loyalty oaths. Done, many schools are doing away with and/or changing the Pledge of Allegiance.
14) Continue giving Russia access to the US Patent Office. Done
15) Capture one or both of the political parties in the US . Done, the far left has taken over the Democratic Party
16) Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights. Done, the left has used the Courts to change the Constitution since they have been unsuccessfull at the balot box.
17) Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism, and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in text books. Done, look at Bill Ayers and other 60's radicals in the education field. They choose the text books our kids use!
18) Gain control of all student newspapers. Ongoing
19) Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack. Done
20) Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions. DONE!, it is hard to find objective journalism any more!
21) Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures. Done!
22) Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings", substitute shapeless, awkward, and meaningless forms. Done, you mean like crucifixes in urine?
23) Control art critics and directors of art museums. " Our plan is t o promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art". Done
24) Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press. DONE!
25) Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography, and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV. DONE!
26) Present Homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as "normal, natural, and healthy". DONE!
27) Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch". DONE! (Black Liberation Theology is the mixing of Marxism and Christianity, i.e. Jeremiah Wright.)
28) Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state". DONE!
29) Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. DONE!
30) Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man". DONE!
31) Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of "the big picture:" Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over. DONE! (in the guise of Multiculturism!)
32) Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture - - education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc. Done or on the way (universal medicine)
33) Eliminate all laws or procedures, which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus. Done ( political correctness)
34) Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities. Done
35) Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI. Done (scandals and leaks)
36) Infiltrate and gain control of more unions. Ongoing
37) Infiltrate and gain control of big business. Ongoing
38) Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat. Done
39) Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals. Ongoing
40) Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. DONE!
41) Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents. Done, attacks on home schooling, teachers prescribing Ritilan, no parental notification of PC topics like homosexuality, sex ed, Islamic studies, etc.
42) Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and make a "united force" to solve economic, political, or social problems. Done
43) Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government. DONE!
44) Internationalize the Panama Canal. Done
45) Repeal the Connally Reservation so the US can not prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike. Unsuccessful, so far (What the Connally Reservation is; Despite a growing cooperation with foreign governments, some Americans feared that international organizations might infringe on national sovereignty. This wariness led the U.S. Senate to pass the Connally reservation, which states that any treaty with respect to the United Nations must be made with the consent of the Senate. The Connally reservation also limits U.S. adherence to UN bodies such as the International Court of Justice by giving the federal government the right to decide for itself which issues are domestic and therefore beyond the court’s authority. The United States also has not accepted a 1998 international treaty establishing the International Criminal Court, which has the power to prosecute individuals for war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide.)

tcb4

Post by tcb4 »

again, thank you, Sandi 8)

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Cryogenic »

Little Darlin wrote:
Thanks Sandi and yes it makes plenty of sense :)

The List.
1963 Communist Goals

The following was entered into the Congressional record by Albert Herlong, Jr. (a Floridian who served in Congress from 1949-69) in 1963.

1) US acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war. Done
2) US willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war. Done
3) Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the US would be a demonstration of "moral strength". Still being pushed by the Far Left.
4) Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.Done
5) Ex tension of long term loans to Russia and Soviet Satellites. Done
6) Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination. Done
7) Grant recognition of Red China, and admission of Red China to the UN. Done
8.) Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the Germany question by free elections under supervision of the UN. Failed
9) Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the US has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress. Done
10) Allow all Soviet Satellites individual representation in the UN. Done
11) Promote the UN as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the UN as by Moscow . Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo ). 1st Part Done. 2nd Part is not far away.
12) Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party. Done
13) Do away with loyalty oaths. Done, many schools are doing away with and/or changing the Pledge of Allegiance.
14) Continue giving Russia access to the US Patent Office. Done
15) Capture one or both of the political parties in the US . Done, the far left has taken over the Democratic Party
16) Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights. Done, the left has used the Courts to change the Constitution since they have been unsuccessfull at the balot box.
17) Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism, and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in text books. Done, look at Bill Ayers and other 60's radicals in the education field. They choose the text books our kids use!
18) Gain control of all student newspapers. Ongoing
19) Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack. Done
20) Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions. DONE!, it is hard to find objective journalism any more!
21) Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures. Done!
22) Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings", substitute shapeless, awkward, and meaningless forms. Done, you mean like crucifixes in urine?
23) Control art critics and directors of art museums. " Our plan is t o promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art". Done
24) Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press. DONE!
25) Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography, and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV. DONE!
26) Present Homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as "normal, natural, and healthy". DONE!
27) Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch". DONE! (Black Liberation Theology is the mixing of Marxism and Christianity, i.e. Jeremiah Wright.)
28) Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state". DONE!
29) Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. DONE!
30) Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man". DONE!
31) Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of "the big picture:" Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over. DONE! (in the guise of Multiculturism!)
32) Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture - - education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc. Done or on the way (universal medicine)
33) Eliminate all laws or procedures, which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus. Done ( political correctness)
34) Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities. Done
35) Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI. Done (scandals and leaks)
36) Infiltrate and gain control of more unions. Ongoing
37) Infiltrate and gain control of big business. Ongoing
38) Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat. Done
39) Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals. Ongoing
40) Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. DONE!
41) Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents. Done, attacks on home schooling, teachers prescribing Ritilan, no parental notification of PC topics like homosexuality, sex ed, Islamic studies, etc.
42) Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and make a "united force" to solve economic, political, or social problems. Done
43) Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government. DONE!
44) Internationalize the Panama Canal. Done
45) Repeal the Connally Reservation so the US can not prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike. Unsuccessful, so far (What the Connally Reservation is; Despite a growing cooperation with foreign governments, some Americans feared that international organizations might infringe on national sovereignty. This wariness led the U.S. Senate to pass the Connally reservation, which states that any treaty with respect to the United Nations must be made with the consent of the Senate. The Connally reservation also limits U.S. adherence to UN bodies such as the International Court of Justice by giving the federal government the right to decide for itself which issues are domestic and therefore beyond the court’s authority. The United States also has not accepted a 1998 international treaty establishing the International Criminal Court, which has the power to prosecute individuals for war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide.)
I appreciate you sharing this info with us, Sandi and Little Darlin, but it could honestly open up a hornet's nest here.

Although Elvis was naturally intelligent, a searcher, even something of a revolutionary (music, clothing, mannerisms etc.), I don't think his political views, at least, in the context of this list, single him out as being "ahead of his time". I actually think they paint the opposite picture, revealing a very conservative mind.

I'm not going to break into that list and unpack anything, though. This should be about the man and his music, not one line of political thought or another, as you said. I'm sure Elvis left quite an impression on those individuals he spoke to about these things in person.

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

I appreciate you sharing this info with us, Sandi and Little Darlin, but it could honestly open up a hornet's nest here.

Although Elvis was naturally intelligent, a searcher, even something of a revolutionary (music, clothing, mannerisms etc.), I don't think his political views, at least, in the context of this list, single him out as being "ahead of his time". I actually think they paint the opposite picture, revealing a very conservative mind.

I'm not going to break into that list and unpack anything, though. This should be about the man and his music, not one line of political thought or another, as you said. I'm sure Elvis left quite an impression on those individuals he spoke to about these things in person.[/quote]

**Works for me!! So we shall carry on (and yes, he did leave an impression on everyone in the room especially it wasn't a subject that , shall we say, was discussed
often.

.............Then there was the time he burned a Swanson's tv dinner in the oven (gotta love him- but Martha Stewart he wasn't!!) and I might add - it was nice to have something to tease HIM about for a change !!!!