Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Mike C
Registered for: 21 years

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Was the electoral college system antiquated and corrupt when Obama and Clinton won their two terms? Funny how progressives were silent then.

The electoral college system is the way we have elected our President since 1789. Running up the vote totals in California and New York explains the total popular vote differential for Joe but it is irrelevant. The first to 270 electoral votes wins period.

In the 1960 World Series, the New York Yankees outscored the Pittsburgh Pirates by 27 runs in 7 games. The Pirates won the series on 4 games to 3 on Bill Mazeroski's walk off homer. Under your theory, the Yankees should have been champions.

A brutal day for the New York Yankees.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:03 am
BrianTCB wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Was the electoral college system antiquated and corrupt when Obama and Clinton won their two terms? Funny how progressives were silent then.

The electoral college system is the way we have elected our President since 1789. Running up the vote totals in California and New York explains the total popular vote differential for Joe but it is irrelevant. The first to 270 electoral votes wins period.

In the 1960 World Series, the New York Yankees outscored the Pittsburgh Pirates by 27 runs in 7 games. The Pirates won the series on 4 games to 3 on Bill Mazeroski's walk off homer. Under your theory, the Yankees should have been champions.

A brutal day for the New York Yankees.
You folks just can't stand that Trump (Hitler) lost the popular vote, so that's always your go-to argument.

Oh, well. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

The dealmaker. The business genius.

Ouch.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

I am indifferent that Trump lost the total popular vote because it has no connection to the actual election process. The President is indirectly elected by the people for very specific reasons pursuant to the Constitution. That's fact -- not a line of argument.

On 5 other occasions, the total popular vote winner has lost the electoral college vote. For example in 1876, Samuel Tilden won the popular vote majority and lost when he could not garner the necessary electoral college majority.
Last edited by Mike C on Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Funny how that works.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

433782519_2432607413591003_4018801381444189197_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drjohncarpenter

Mike C wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:10 am
I am indifferent that Trump lost the total popular vote because it has no connection to the actual election process. The President is indirectly elected by the people for very specific reasons pursuant to the Constitution. That's fact -- not a line of argument.

On 5 other occasions, the total popular vote winner has lost the electoral college vote. For example in 1876, Samuel Tilden won the popular vote majority and lost when he could garner the necessary electoral college majority.

"the total popular vote . . . has no connection to the actual election process"

"On 5 other occasions, the total popular vote winner has lost the electoral college"

JFC. :facep:

Forum fascist uses some Russian "whataboutism" to hide his adoration for the former president, considered the worst in American history, while getting his facts wrong yet again. This is nothing new, but always pathetic to see in print.

The presidential elections of 1876, 1888, 2000, and 2016 produced an Electoral College winner who did not receive the most votes in the general election.

[snip]

As of the 2020 election, no incumbent president has won re-election without winning the popular vote, and no president has won two terms in office without winning the popular vote at least once.

List of United States presidential elections in which the winner lost the popular vote
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_elections_in_which_the_winner_lost_the_popular_vote

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

The only thing pathetic is your unwillingness to accept the facts regarding the process for election of the President!! The total popular votes is an irrelevant number and has no bearing on the process.

Hey, genius, was Samuel Tilden elected President? No, Hayes won the 1876 election when it was thrown into the House. The racist Democratic party leveraged the situation to end Reconstruction in the South and then instituted the Jim Crow regime and enforced it using their shock troops known as the KKK. Quite the history for a party you support!

Wow, I left out the word "not" before "could" in a sentence and it is Russian propaganda. Even with the omission, most people got the point. Even you did because you understood the Tilden example guts they total popular vote argument.

Feel free to lead a constitutional amendment to change to remove the Electoral College system from the Constitution. It has been successful 27 other times!!

Funny, how the Middle East was not in flames when the Orange Man was President. Under the weak and feckless leadership of Biden, it is a tinder box. So happy he decided to green light the release of more money to Iran who used laugh attacks against Israel. You're doing a heck of a job, Joe!!

Elvis as Danny Fisher

drjohncarpenter

Forum fascist types a lot of words, says nothing.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Perhaps, you should take a lesson in reading comprehension. Reading is fundamental!

Gee, I thought one of the forum rules was no personal attacks. Just like a limousine liberal -- rules for thee, not for me.

What's even more amazing that you keep reading and posting to a thread which you claim is full nonsense and Russian propaganda. You must be really bored to spend your life wasting your time on this thread. Have you consider donating some your time to a charitable cause?

I feel really sorry for you. Unlike in 2016 and 2020, the polls are in Trump's favor. You must be having nightmares of Trump each night.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

According to my two sons, who are US nationals and one of them is an Army vet, this is a no win situation for the sitting President. If he tells Israel that it is a win and that no counterattack will be approved by the US, then he will be helping Iran and Hamas., At the same time, the help he provided yesterday is already being crititicized by those to the left of his own party which are totally against what he did.ANYWAYS.

Hamas in the meantime, is the current winner but that "win" will not be enough for every organization that it's either against Israel or pro Iran. The fact the sitting President is obviously relying on a group of people who will back their own policies, not his necessarily, no matter what the result be, is also a sign that every move will be irreversal. Other Presidents have had the luck of changing policy course because they realized they, each one of them, be it, JFK, LBJ, WC, RR,
were making mistakes, and that these were their own mistakes. Not this President, as these are not his mistakes and, because they are not, they are irreversal.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

He's facing what we call a prisoner's dilemma. Those electoral votes in Michigan and Wisconsin are determining his policy choices which is never a good thing.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:04 pm
He's facing what we call a prisoner's dilemma. Those electoral votes in Michigan and Wisconsin are determining his policy choices which is never a good thing.
Exactly. Imagine a home filled with a couple, plus their respective brothers and sisters, say one each, plus two in laws, and their offspring, say eight, for a total of fourteen people where the responsibility on the daily decisions about the home, its upkeep, its standing vis a vis the neighbors, the people in other neighborhoods, the local, state, national, and even vis a vis their international friends and foes, are not made by anyone in particular but are backed by each and every one of those under that same roof.

It looks ideal, until the mistakes they are all making can not be easily reversed. I really hate to bring a personal case into the forum, but in 1902, my family home was lived by two people, the lady who built it, and her hubby. Then on a period of ten years, it was lived by seven, as they had 5 offspring. Then, in 1944 and with all of the offspring married, and OUT of the home, the Lady moved to the capital and rented her home to a family consisting of 50 people. Fifty. Then, in 1974 the renters bought the property, and in 2006, they decided to sell it.

But they didnt have the RIGHT papers, so someone told them I, then 54 years old, knew why they couldnt find them. So the buyers called me, and after I told them, they were able to buy the home, now amongst the top hotels in one of the cities I know best, in fact the oldest in the Western Hemisphere whether located in an island or not. It was founded in the year 1,524 by the conqueror whose second last name serves as the name of this country's currency.

The short end of the story is that, in every situation, there has to be one person in charge, not 50. Since the lady who built it died in 1973, the ones who were then renting it thought they would live there forever, LOL, so no papers were requested from the Ladys daughter, who inherited it. Until they saw, in 2005, that the opportunity had arrived for them to make a mint selling it to a hotel chain . Just the renovations cost them $1.500,000, that is how those 50 who had lived there since 1944 had almost destroyed the home. But the Barcelona born lady who bought it was REALLY in charge, and she reversed the MESS the 50 had "accomplished" by turning it back into the beauty that it once was. So there is hope after all...

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

:D :D :D :D :D

You know who hasn't been on trial for criminal actions? Our amazing President Biden.

:D :D :D :D :D

Screenshot at Apr 13 15-22-18.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BrianTCB on Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Screenshot at Apr 13 15-20-30.png

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Yeah, sure, let's go back to the madman, says our forum Trumpers...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Screenshot at Apr 10 02-52-09.png

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Wow. Really? Say it ain't so, Ryan!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And Trumpers want this guy back. wow.

:smt102 :smt102 :smt102 :smt102

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Trump (Hitler) being hailed by Russia on Russian State TV , proudly, as the destroyer of America, and Ukraine, this is who people want to put in the presidency. A Russian puppet.

"Trump Hailed as 'Destroyer of America' on Russian State TV they speak of him proudly as if he is their best Russian Agent"

Trump Hailed as 'Destroyer of America' on Russian State TV

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-hailed-destroyer-america-russian-state-tv-1791560

Russian state media called out former President Donald Trump on Wednesday, saying that he is looked at as "the destroyer of America" amid discussions of the 2024 presidential election.

While speaking with Russian presenter Vladimir Solovyov about Trump, the pundits played a soundbite of the former president's interview with Fox host Sean Hannity. Trump can be heard saying, "Ukraine is being obliterated." The clip of the broadcast was shared on Twitter by Julia Davis, founder of the Russian Media Monitor watchdog group.

Soloyov responds, "And it will be destroyed. Who needs it? Who needs Ukraine where they don't respect Russians?"

Andrey Sidorov, deputy dean of world politics at Moscow State University, then responds, "Trump is coming. Think of him as you will, I always saw him and still see him as a destroyer of America."

drjohncarpenter

Business genius.

Ouch.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

drjohncarpenter

Mike C wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:46 pm
Perhaps, you should take a lesson in reading comprehension. Reading is fundamental!

Gee, I thought one of the forum rules was no personal attacks. Just like a limousine liberal -- rules for thee, not for me.

What's even more amazing that you keep reading and posting to a thread which you claim is full nonsense and Russian propaganda. You must be really bored to spend your life wasting your time on this thread. Have you consider donating some your time to a charitable cause?

I feel really sorry for you. Unlike in 2016 and 2020, the polls are in Trump's favor. You must be having nightmares of Trump each night.

Count the guideline violations.

There's a word for this kind of person.

:wink:

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

So much winning indeed.

drjohncarpenter

Yup.

:|

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:50 pm
Mike C wrote:
Perhaps..

Quote your own posts next time if you want to count the violations!

Once again, you use words but appear to have an issue with understanding their meanings.

Moreover, I have to ask why do you continue to visit and post on this thread if you think what others write here is nonsense? We get it -- you are no fan of Trump. Do you have an unhealthy addiction to the Orange Man?

Seriously, I am perplexed why you do it when you have a whole other thread dedicated to showing the forum your hatred of Trump.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:13 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:50 pm
Mike C wrote:
Perhaps..

Quote your own posts next time if you want to count the violations!

Once again, you use words but appear to have an issue with understanding their meanings.

Moreover, I have to ask why do you continue to visit and post on this thread if you think what others write here is nonsense? We get it -- you are no fan of Trump. Do you have an unhealthy addiction to the Orange Man?

Seriously, I am perplexed why you do it when you have a whole other thread dedicated to showing the forum your hatred of Trump.
Pretty amazing how hating women's rights stealing rapists, racists, con men, and criminals (Trump, aka Hitler) is actually a bad thing from our forum Trumpers.

If hating Trump is bad, then bad I will be. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the trial as they convict this criminal, Trumpers.

He is not allowed to leave the courtroom once the jury is seated. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Try answering my question. I asked why you continue to post in this thread when you have another thread dedicated to it.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:32 pm
Try answering my question. I asked why you continue to post in this thread when you have another thread dedicated to it.
Why do you go and post in that thread with perceived "Biden's not doing well" posts? Fair question.

There's no rule against posting the facts. Facts: Trump is a rapist, racist, criminal, etc.

There just seems to be a problem with anyone posting facts that don't support Trump.