Lisa Marie has passed away

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

elvinda58
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Re: Lisa Marie has passed away

Post by elvinda58 »

My apologies to Yamaguchi.The post i was referring to was by Bubba Hotep and his rant about Trump and Sally Hoedel.

jeremylr
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by jeremylr »

Here's a new tribute interview of mine long in the making, "Songwriting Therapy from the Bruised Soul of Lisa Marie Presley." Lisa opens the wound on her songwriting, "Storm & Grace," "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet," "Storm of Nails," "Weary," "So Long," T Bone Burnett, Nashville, ex-husband Michael Lockwood, love at first sight, perfect days, and oodles more.

https://medium.com/@jeremylr/songwriting-therapy-from-the-bruised-soul-of-lisa-marie-presley-f2dee61d6c27

tinseltown
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by tinseltown »

Yamaguchi.Y wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:28 am
Christopher wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:59 am
"memphis mafia kid"´s father, billy smith and his wife on lisa´s death.
so saddened to learn that they hadn´t seen her after lisa´s childhood days, according to billy smith.
It seems to me that Lisa (Priscilla's influence ?? initially) kind of stayed away from the Smith's and many of the Presley's back in Memphis, Tupelo, etc. Lisa (& definitely Priscilla) seemed to gravitate more towards the Hollywood / California type of people and environment - in a way not fully embracing her roots. Maybe she was coming full circle in recent years and beginning to appreciate her background and her relatives there (??).

I thought is was kind of ironic viewing the pictures and footage of her memorial at Graceland. I think her father's fans (as always) turned out to support the last direct link to Elvis Presley on this Earth.

EP fans can always be counted on to be there. It's quite amazing.

I also couldn't help but notice that the vast majority of the thousands of people who turned up appeared to be from the working middle (and lower ?) working socioeconomic class. JMO, but the very people whom Lisa (& Priscilla) tried to turn away from their whole life where the very ones who showed up wholeheartedly and sincerely in mass to support and remember in time of grief and loss.
It's because Elvis came from the poor. And Priscilla and Lisa Marie didn't.

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by BrianTCB »

elvinda58 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:49 pm
My apologies to Yamaguchi.The post i was referring to was by Bubba Hotep and his rant about Trump and Sally Hoedel.
Gonna have to disagree. Bubba was spot-on. I'm sorry I bought that piece of trash from a Trumper.

tinseltown

Post by tinseltown »

Christopher wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:59 am
"memphis mafia kid"´s father, billy smith and his wife on lisa´s death.
so saddened to learn that they hadn´t seen her after lisa´s childhood days, according to billy smith.

Off topic: is your avatar a genuine pic of Ali without photoshop? (...like a butterfly, sting like a bee"....I know his credo. But were the butterfly and the bee photoshopped to his hands? Just curious).

Christopher
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Christopher »

tinseltown wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:15 pm
Off topic: is your avatar a genuine pic of Ali without photoshop? (...like a butterfly, sting like a bee"....I know his credo. But were the butterfly and the bee photoshopped to his hands? Just curious).
hi, kollege (nehme zumindest an, dass du deutsch bist, da du vom "graceland"-magazin schriebst)!
i didn´t ask myself this question, found the avater somewhere in the world wide web, was simply assuming it was genuine.
but now you got me thinking. pretty sure his hands are real.
the butterfly and the bee ... ? i´m not so sure anymore by now ... :?

Give a man a fish and he´ll have dinner for a day.
Teach a man how to fish and he´ll have dinner for a lifetime!

(signature borrowed from treasured fecc member lovin´ EP Linda ... until she wants it back)

More important than ever: https://blacklivesmatter.com/

Yamaguchi.Y
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

Post by Yamaguchi.Y »

Not sure if this has been posted here yet or not:
From Travolta LMP.png
In memory of Lisa.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

— "Just enjoy yourself, that's what the whole thing's about." (EP, '76)

Swedish
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Swedish »

Christopher wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:32 pm
tinseltown wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:15 pm
hi, kollege (nehme zumindest an, dass du deutsch bist, da du vom "graceland"-magazin schriebst)!
i didn´t ask myself this question, found the avater somewhere in the world wide web, was simply assuming it was genuine.
but now you got me thinking. pretty sure his hands are real.
the butterfly and the bee ... ? i´m not so sure anymore by now ... :?
deliveryService.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shakin' Stevens aka Michael Barratt March 4th 1948 - 36 Marcross Rd, Cardiff suburb of Ely, South Wales

jeremylr
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by jeremylr »

Bumping an additional time just so it's seen...an interview of mine with Lisa available for the first time this week

"Songwriting Therapy from the Bruised Soul of Lisa Marie Presley" is a story I wrestled with until doubt set in regarding my performance in the time I was allotted by Lisa's management. I cast it aside for years until Lisa's passing prompted me to re-listen and find there was something of value worth bringing to the surface. Lisa opens the wound on her songwriting, music making process, "Storm & Grace," "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet," "Storm of Nails," "Weary," "So Long," T Bone Burnett, Nashville, ex-husband Michael Lockwood, love at first sight, and perfect days.

"Songwriting Therapy from the Bruised Soul of Lisa Marie Presley"

Yamaguchi.Y
Registered for: 10 years 2 months

Post by Yamaguchi.Y »

EP LMP Together.jpeg

— "Just enjoy yourself, that's what the whole thing's about." (EP, '76)

elvis4life
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by elvis4life »

This Monday on FOX:

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/lisa-marie-presley-life-death-tmz-investigates-tv-news-roundup-1235502263/

Jan 25, 2023 4:01pm PT
Lisa Marie Presley’s Life and Death to Be Chronicled in ‘TMZ Investigates’ Special (TV News Roundup)

By Charna Flam

Fox has released a first look at the upcoming special, “TMZ Investigates: Lisa Marie Presley: Unending Tragedy,” which premieres Jan. 30 at 8 p.m. PT on the network.

The all-new special will look into the death of Lisa Marie Presley, the musician and only child of Elvis Presley, who died on Jan. 12 at the age of 54, promising “never-before-heard details.” The special will also delve into Presley’s personal life, including her marriage to Michael Jackson.

“TMZ Investigates: Lisa Marie Presley: Unending Tragedy” is executive-produced by Harvey Levin, Don Nash, Charles Latibeaudiere, Ryan Regan and Jess Fusco with co-executive producer Susan Favre. Viewers can watch with On Demand, Fox NOW, Hulu and FOX Entertainment’s streaming platform, Tubi.

TMZ Investigates: Lisa Marie Presley Unending Tragedy:

luke1

Post by luke1 »

Would not be surprised if this is really the case. So sad though…

moonandback
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by moonandback »

This is an interesting video.

FredAistair
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by FredAistair »

moonandback wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:24 pm

Speculative

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

The matter of the $35m in life insurance is not putative in the least. Thank God.

tinseltown

Post by tinseltown »

She had a life insurance that will now be paid out to her heirs?

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by minkahed »

Watching the show as of now.

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

eligain
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by eligain »

minkahed wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:54 am
Watching the show as of now.
Is it on Fox entertainment channel or Fox news?

ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

FredAistair wrote:
moonandback wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:24 pm

Speculative
Retread of facts we know, speculative of what we don’t know.
Tabloid garbage.

Always Elvis
Anthony

ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

tinseltown wrote:She had a life insurance that will now be paid out to her heirs?
I have life insurance that will be paid to my beneficiary at my death, not 35m but several hundred thousand- nothing unusual,

Always Elvis
Anthony

tinseltown

Post by tinseltown »

I am just saying because she reportedly was in debt at their death.
So the debt can be paid with life insurance money.

Dan_T
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Dan_T »

This is interesting, Christopher Melcher on the case.

FredAistair
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by FredAistair »

Dan_T wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:04 pm
This is interesting, Christopher Melcher on the case.

Looks like every tom, dick and idiot want's to get involved or have a say

elvis4life
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by elvis4life »

It seems that Howard Stern gave his thoughts on LMP's passing on his show 1/17. After clicking this link: http://marksfriggin.com/news23/1-16.htm#tue , scroll down till you see:

"RIP Lisa Marie Presley. 01/17/23. 9:05am
Howard said the other person who died was Lisa Marie Presley. He said he watches people talking to her at Graceland. He said it has to be weird. He said she would walk out and say something to the fans. He said that they have to keep that whole thing going. He said he met her a couple of times. He said she was on the show. He said she was very nice. He said it was weird though. He said she looked just like Elvis but a female version. He said she was very good looking. He said she was hot. He said she died at 54 from cardiac arrest. He said she was born at the height of Elvis fame. He had some clips of Elvis talking about Lisa Marie when she was young. Howard said he has no idea what the **** he was talking about. He said he has some way of talking there.
Howard said Lisa was 9 when her dad died. He said she was just 4 when her parents split. He did his Elvis impression and had him talking to her as a kid.

Howard said his microphone is acting up now. He said he did his Elvis and now it's making noise. He said whenever he does that his microphone acts up. He did more of his Elvis impression and sang a bit. His microphone was still ****** up. Robin said it's really ****** up.

Howard said he's not sure what's going on. He said he's going to unplug and plug it back in. He did that and came back. He asked if it still sounds weird. Robin said she thinks it's better. Howard said he must have fixed it. Howard went back into his Elvis impression after Robin told him not to. Howard said he can't help it. He did more of that impression and sang more.

Howard said he was talking about Lisa Marie there. He said he forgot and thought they were talking about Jeff Beck. Howard went back into his Elvis impression and goofed on him about falling for an underage girl.

Howard said Lisa Marie was 54 when she died. He said he had met her and he liked her very much. He said she had a lot of marriages. He said she was married 4 times. He asked Robin to name all of her husbands. Robin named them all. Howard said she is something with her knowledge. Howard said the one people remember the mos is Michael Jackson. He said they were interviewed in 1995. He had some audio of that interview where Lisa and Michael talked about when they decided to get married. Howard said he asked Lisa in 2003 what that was like. He had some audio from that interview where she talked about how creepy the relationship was because of the press surrounding it.

Howard did his Michael Jackson impression talking about how he was going to tear that ***** up. He said he was too much man for that woman. Howard said what a disaster that was for that poor girl. Robin said the Nicholas Cage marriage must have been too. Howard said he was a huge Elvis fan. Robin said Nic came to the studio once and he looked like Elvis.

Howard said Lisa did a duet with her father with ''Don't Cry Daddy.'' He played some of that. He said she put out her own album in 2003 and it hit number 5 on the top 200. He said that's not bad. Howard played a track from that album.

Howard said there you go. He said she's gone. Robin said she was sort of like royalty. She said that she was always going to be the fan's queen. Howard said Sal must have been upset. Sal said he wasn't that broken up about it. He said it was a sad thing. Howard said he got reports that he was getting upset and he was going to try to contact her. Sal said that would be disrespectful. He said that he doesn't have the ability to be a medium. Howard said he has said he can do that. Sal said he never said he could. He said he contacts people he has personally known. Jon Blitt said he thinks he wants her to settle firs and then he'll try.

Howard asked Sal if you have to settle into heaven first. Sal said you do. He said it takes a while to get acclimated. Howard asked Sal what level he thinks she's at there. Sal said he thinks that she was a good person and she was a good mother so she has a good track record. He said that means she'd be at a high level.

Howard asked Sal if she's at her highest level already. Sal said she's getting here. He said you have to navigate through all of that. He said Elvis came to her so she has spirit guides there.

Howard asked Sal if he thinks he'd have to wait like a year before trying to contact her. Sal said maybe. He said he doesn't want to bother her either. He said that he doesn't know her well. Sal said he knows Howard thinks he's crazy. Robin said she doesn't sound crazy at all. Sal said that microphone buzz earlier was Lisa Marie messing with it. He said it's a great way to contact millions of people. Sal said these are not coincidences.

Howard answered a knock at the door and it was fake Sal's wife who said she was hoping this would be Sal instead of Lisa Marie. She was crying over having to deal with Sal every day. She told him to stick a cardinal up his ass.

Robin said there were lots of photos and video of Lisa Marie struggling at the Golden Globes. She said she was not well. She said people were carrying her around. Howard said it's hard to know at times. He said she could have just been sleepy. He said you don't know.

Howard said a year from now they'll have Sal have a conversation with Lisa Marie. Sal said he'll work on that. Howard said his wife is lovely too. Sal said he couldn't agree more."