Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Greg1995
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Boy from tupelo boxset

Post by Greg1995 »

What is the rumoured tracklist for this baby?

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: Boy from tupelo boxset

Post by ekenee »

Greg1995 wrote:What is the rumoured tracklist for this baby?

Less than a week away from release and no track list yet.

The title should have been, "My boy from Tupelo".

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Lots of songs from the Sun era!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Post by TJ »

Is a new thread needed for each question about this? Must be 20 threads by now.

Blue River
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by Blue River »

Why would a "rumoured" tracklist matter anyway?! :roll:

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

William
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by William »

I just received the 2012 Elvis Week Catalog in the mail from ShopElvis.com today, and excitedly read in the Elvis A Boy From Tupelo description where it says in bold print "PLEASE VISIT SHOPELVIS.COM FOR A FULL TRACK LISTING." Well I did, and there wasn't! Bummer, they got my hopes up that my curiosity would finally be assuaged!

Topic author
Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

William wrote:I just received the 2012 Elvis Week Catalog in the mail from ShopElvis.com today, and excitedly read in the Elvis A Boy From Tupelo description where it says in bold print "PLEASE VISIT SHOPELVIS.COM FOR A FULL TRACK LISTING." Well I did, and there wasn't! Bummer, they got my hopes up that my curiosity would finally be assuaged!
Page number, please? :shock:

William

Post by William »

Greg1995 wrote:
William wrote:I just received the 2012 Elvis Week Catalog in the mail from ShopElvis.com today, and excitedly read in the Elvis A Boy From Tupelo description where it says in bold print "PLEASE VISIT SHOPELVIS.COM FOR A FULL TRACK LISTING." Well I did, and there wasn't! Bummer, they got my hopes up that my curiosity would finally be assuaged!
Page six, bottom.

Topic author
Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

William wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:
Page six, bottom.
Well, maybe download catalog on Elvis.com is wrong or i just dont see it anywhere.

William

Post by William »

Greg1995 wrote:
William wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:
Page six, bottom.
Well, maybe download catalog on Elvis.com is wrong or i just dont see it anywhere.
Here you go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

thank you, i hope they will put the tracklisting today ::rocks

Burning Love

Post by Burning Love »

I am sure this tracklisting will soon be posted and the rejocing and the bickering will begin without a moment to loose.

Burning love

William

Post by William »

Greg1995 wrote:thank you, i hope they will put the tracklisting today ::rocks
Your welcome. Bear in mind though, that I received this via the regular post, so it has presumably been awhile between the catalog's printing, it's being mailed, and my reception of it; so if not posted by now it's not necessarily coming any minute or anything!
I've already preordered anyway, just curious. Perhaps as a reward they could email a tracklisting to those who've preordered, and swear us to secrecy! Haha!

Burning Love

Post by Burning Love »

Hey doc a while ago you had put up your poposed track listing of what would be on this set. since we do not have an official track listing I would rather look at your and speculate until the official one comes out!

Thanks

Burning Love

Hank
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by Hank »

I will say that whoever is responsible for keeping the tracklisting under wraps is doing an excellent job. I was, frankly, skeptical that anything new, interesting. or previously unheard had ever surfaced, but now I'm wondering if EPE is planning to turn the disclisure of the tracklisting into a major Elvis Week announcment because they really have managed to some up with something amazing. The longer they hold out this info, the more curious I am getting in spite of myself.

ekenee

Post by ekenee »

Hank wrote:I will say that whoever is responsible for keeping the tracklisting under wraps is doing an excellent job. I was, frankly, skeptical that anything new, interesting. or previously unheard had ever surfaced, but now I'm wondering if EPE is planning to turn the disclisure of the tracklisting into a major Elvis Week announcment because they really have managed to some up with something amazing. The longer they hold out this info, the more curious I am getting in spite of myself.

The chronology doesn't match up.

The set is supposed to be released on August 1st and yet Elvis week isn't for 2 weeks later.

You normally annouce track listings before release date.

I am sure that Ernst will do a major announcement of the book though to garner extra sales.

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by promiseland »

Ernst - The CDs with it will be an extra added bonus. No, we don’t have ‘Uncle Penn’, ‘Tennessee Saturday Night’ or ‘Rock Around The Clock’ as mentioned in the rumours that keep circulating. However we have a great selection on three CDs. The first will be The Masters, the second The Outtakes and then the third with everything else that we could get hold of. However I don’t think people should be buying this release just because of the CDs, but because of the photos, the information and the complete package.

EINHow much on CD3 is going to surprise people?

ErnstNot too much, but it is going to sound better than they have ever heard before. There’s obviously going to be the copy of ‘That’s All Right’ from Meridian 1955 which is kinda’ cool. There’s also a handful of other pieces that people have never heard before, plus Kevan has been working on the radio recordings like ‘Fool, Fool, Fool’ to get them sounding much better. And also on CD2 there will also be a few little bits and pieces including outtakes that people have never heard before. Nothing earth shattering but it will be very nice to listen to.

Rocker
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by Rocker »

Look here:

http://www.elvismatters.be/index.php?pagina=nieuws&id=7735

Well, hello there....

Bama
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by Bama »

I predict a 1955 recording of My Boy LOL Sun Masters and Sun outtakes will be on the set i know that much.........

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by minkahed »

Well, considering I've known about some key tracks on this set for a long time now, my thrill will be to hear the outtakes of "How Do You Think I Feel" .

It all looks wonderful and no doubt will I purchased my copy as soon as it's avavilable.

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

minkahed wrote:Well, considering I've known about some key tracks on this set for a long time now, my thrill will be to hear the outtakes of "How Do You Think I Feel" .
They have been available for the last 25 years.

"How Do You Think I Feel?" snuck out on The Sun Country Years, 1950-59 (Bear Family BFX 15211, 1986).

It was a ten-LP box set. The track then found here five years later:

When All Was Kool (Mystery Train, 1991)
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/when_all_was_kool.html

Track: My Baby's Gone/How Do You Think I Feel (4:09)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!