Celebrity Elvis Fans

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Blue-Gypsy
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Celebrity Elvis Fans

Post by Blue-Gypsy »

Have any of you thought about how many celebrity Elvis fans we have on this board that dont reveal theirselves (not that I blame them). We have literally hundreds of movie stars who have revealed that they are huge Elvis fans so it only stands to reason they would do the same thing as the rest of us which is visit the number one message board online for Elvis fans. Just because they are stars does not mean they would not participate here just like the rest of us. Man I would love to find out that Nick Cage was someone like Genesim, or that The Doc was Bruce Springsteen, I could go on and on. What if Little Darlin is Lisa Marie :lol: ? If my dad was a huge icon like Elvis and I loved him as much as Lisa loves her dad there is no doubt I would be friends online with people who felt the same way. Colinb could be Tom Jones....you never know (give it up Colin, tell us who you really are!)

You are digging a little deep now Tony, refrain from anymore questions about Colinb or your membership will be revoked - The Mgt.

So Nick Cage if you are out there PM me I would like to go drink a couple of pints with you and find out if you took anything from Graceland as a keepsake :twisted:

Tony~

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, Gay, Straight, Disabled and not disabled, Americans who send a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states. We are and always will be the United States of America."
-Barack Obama-

Luuk

Re: Celebrity Elvis Fans

Post by Luuk »

The Dutch crown prince is on the internet. But he uses a different name. When found out he used a different name and a different ISP.

brian
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by brian »

I wouldn't go that far

Elvis has a lot of celebrity fans, but the majority of them aren't die hard fans like we all are.

Topic author
Blue-Gypsy

Post by Blue-Gypsy »

Why not?

the full sp

Post by the full sp »

It's not far-fetched at all. If anything, for some celebrities, it's the only times they can lead a normal life becuase people's identities on such websites are hidden if you want them to be. Cool topic Blue-Gypsy!

The Doc being Bruce Springsteen did make me chuckle though!

Elton
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Elton »

Luuk wrote:The Dutch crown prince is on the internet. But he uses a different name. When found out he used a different name and a different ISP.
Just on line in general, or a member here luke?
Like the tee-shirt btw!
Iv'e heard Hank Williams Jr. was a lone-wolf on the internet,
Wither he here signs in here or not,i do not know but could i guess
Cool topic Gypsy...

"I Don't Sound Like Nobody" Thats Because Nobody Sounds Like You !

"you remember that doncha?"
Later Elton ^j^

moffringa
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by moffringa »

Blue-Gypsy wrote:Why not?

cause they tend to have a life besides Elvis ;) :D

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

Lynn Anderson is on the internet too, but she uses a different name.
I do not know if any celebrity Elvis fans are on this forum. I doubt they will reveal who they are if they use a forumname.
Can you imagine someone saying who he/she really is and all the fans asking him/her the same questions and being annoyed if they do not get an answer?
I met several people who worked with Elvis while Elvis was still alive and it was great fun talking to them, but as soon as I asked about Elvis, they got fed up.
Remember D.J. Fontana saying he never understand why people only ask about Elvis, because he worked with members of the Beatles and quite a few other worldwide stars?
I met The Beatles and when I mention this to a Beatlesfan, he/she will just say "Oh great". But I know people who met Elvis and they get asked loads of questions.
I find it very strange that no fan is interested in the private lives of The Beatles but all Elvis fans seems obsessed with Elvis' private life.
Where Beatles fans can tell what songs there are and which are the differences between mono and stereo mixes, a lot of Elvis fans know little about the music and everything about Elvis' favourite underwear.
So I can imagine any celebrity fan that should be on this very forum will not reveal himself/herself.
Meantime we should be glad Ernst Jorgensen is here every now and then!

JaneTLC

Post by JaneTLC »

I find it very strange that no fan is interested in the private lives of The Beatles but all Elvis fans seems obsessed with Elvis' private life.
I don't. Elvis didn't travel widely like people today do, and his trips were almost all for performing. He never went to Europe (or anywhere else overseas come to that, apart from Hawaii) except to do his national service. He missed out on loads, poor guy, for fear of being mobbed.
Rest of the time he spent closeted inside his homes or renting cinemas or shops out of hours, maybe going for a drive or motorbike ride; he didn't lead a 'normal' life like today's stars try to do, he wasn't the type to take a stroll round a mall or get on a commercial jet to London or something.
Then he died suddenly, and young.
So anything people can grab onto about how he passed his offstage/offtour time is like mannah from Heaven.

I mean, the Beatles. take John Lennon, he was out and about doing normal stuff without so much as a bodyguard when he was killed. I used to live near him, and his then wife, Cynthia, used to drive Julian to school on her own, and just drop him off at the door like all the other little kids. Normal.

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

JaneTLC wrote:
I don't. Elvis didn't travel widely like people today do, and his trips were almost all for performing. He never went to Europe (or anywhere else overseas come to that, apart from Hawaii) except to do his national service. He missed out on loads, poor guy, for fear of being mobbed.
Rest of the time he spent closeted inside his homes or renting cinemas or shops out of hours, maybe going for a drive or motorbike ride; he didn't lead a 'normal' life like today's stars try to do, he wasn't the type to take a stroll round a mall or get on a commercial jet to London or something.
Then he died suddenly, and young.
So anything people can grab onto about how he passed his offstage/offtour time is like mannah from Heaven.

I mean, the Beatles. take John Lennon, he was out and about doing normal stuff without so much as a bodyguard when he was killed. I used to live near him, and his then wife, Cynthia, used to drive Julian to school on her own, and just drop him off at the door like all the other little kids. Normal.
Elvis' position was unlike any others. First of all, from the moment he became famous, his fans flocked and stood vigil at his home, or homes, didn't matter where he lived, Tennessee or California. Secondly, for being the biggest star in the world, he spent a lot of time signing autographs and connecting with his fans, especially outside Graceland, so despite being reclusive or "sneaky" as he once put it, he was somewhat accessible to his fans. He is also the most fascinating person I've ever read about, people always wanted to know about him, his lifestyle and such, which sometimes takes away from the focus on his music, where Lennon and the Beatles for that matter, didn't or don't have that problem.

JaneTLC

Post by JaneTLC »

I agree, but actually fans did stand at the gates at Lennon's house in Weybridge, probably not to the same extent as with Graceland, as it was harder to reach, and the actual grounds were behind a big gate, from which the house or garden weren't visible, being slighlty uphill. At the time, where Lennon lived wasn't a gated community and anyone could drive there. He kept pretty much to himself around town though, and I certainly never saw him, nor did anyone I know.

xmascarrol
Registered for: 13 years 5 months
Mood:

Post by xmascarrol »

With due respect to John Lennon , when he was walkin around New York etc he was just John Lennon the former beatle , it might of been different walkin around Liverpool for him thou, but imagine ( excuse the pun) Elvis trying to walk around Memphis, New York , etc no way no chance never gonna happen. Elvis for some unknown reason just had that aura about him and i still don't quite understand how he has this hold on us fans still after 35 years but man the force in Elvis is strong and i can't see it disappearin very soon.

he maybe gone but never forgotten.

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by rjm »

Elton wrote:
Luuk wrote:The Dutch crown prince is on the internet. But he uses a different name. When found out he used a different name and a different ISP.
Iv'e heard Hank Williams Jr. was a lone-wolf on the internet,
Wither he here signs in here or not,i do not know but could i guess
I have been through the archives quite a bit over the past year, and I missed this one! Well, we know Doc SAW it, and then, recently, put up "his" picture. Hmmmm. :? :lol:

As for Hank, Jr., perhaps we can guess??? (Naw . . . couldn't be.)

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

karlos
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by karlos »

Elvis And Cissy Houston (Whitney Houstons Mom )
Enjoy ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.