MidJourney On Discord

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Matt Ashton
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

MidJourney On Discord

Post by Matt Ashton »

I'm not sure of what peoples understanding of the Discord application which has Midjourney A.I. software on it is so just a little insight. The A.I. is a creative tool that when you put in prompts can create images. To be honest I'm always suspicious of artificial creations in the digital world, however, we have had photoshop for almost a decade or more changing images plus creative individuals updating the way we see the past.

In the last 45 years since Elvis died there has been, lets be honest, a decidedly very unpleasant view of the last two years of Elvis' life. A stigma that E.P.E. has work tirelessly to erase. Although history for the most part has forgiven those later years (the tabloid press has clinged to them).

So I wanted to know, How does Artificial Intelligence view Elvis Presley? Artificial Intelligence is the way future people are going to find Elvis or at least the way people view history back through time on their devices.

To that end and ever wanting to know what would artificial intelligence come up with given a very simple prompt about the king, I put in the prompt "A painting of Elvis Presley stood outside Graceland" The result for me was quite pleasing, although the images are a representation of Elvis, given the prompt it paints a positive Image of Elvis. It seems to encapsulate a 60's/70's duality.

So, If Artificial Intelligence software algorithms are basically given the whole internet infrastructure to base their models on, then there are many possible outcomes for a picture based upon the prompt I gave. So for it to be positive makes me very happy! Elvis is the man, for all his floors & many talents there seems to be a positive view of his legacy. Let me know what you thoughts are?
Mid Journey 2.jpg
Mid Journey 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes."

lucio
Registered for: 21 years

Re: MidJourney On Discord

Post by lucio »

Although I personally enjoy AI I don't find these images to resemble Elvis. There is another one called Civit AI which seems to have a better Elvis animation. Can't figure out how to use it though.

https://civitai.com/models/110515?modelVersionId=119157

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

I don’t want to appear mean but seriously I will never understand why anyone would waste their time on this fake stuff. I mean life is way too short. I mean the above doesn’t even remotely look
Like him nor does anyone really.

Rat Rod Elvis
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Rat Rod Elvis »

I don't know why Midjourney has such a hard time with Elvis images ....he's probably the most photographed man in the world. Midjourney does a great job on Trump, Musk etc. The images of Elvis, you get who it's suppose to be, but never really looks like him. Here are a could of Midjourney images I made.

Best Regards,

Bob

www.RatRodStudios.com

piretos
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by piretos »

studiomax 3.jpg
studiomax 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm not a king! Christ is King! I'm just a singer. - Elvis Presley

piretos
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by piretos »

I found these surfing around the internet they look good to me

I'm not a king! Christ is King! I'm just a singer. - Elvis Presley

Topic author
Matt Ashton

Post by Matt Ashton »

Kylan wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:01 am
I don’t want to appear mean but seriously I will never understand why anyone would waste their time on this fake stuff. I mean life is way too short. I mean the above doesn’t even remotely look
Like him nor does anyone really.
Unfortunately you have completely misunderstood the purpose of the initial post. You based it on your opinion of a picture created by artificial intelligence which was given a very narrow instruction and produced a positive facsimile. In the not to distant past painters or artists would use Elvis' likeness to illustrate for movie posters and if we are honest some of them are a bit iffy to say the least. Are the old movie illustrations a waste of time? Was life too short back then?

To take that even further I have seen many, many posters and paintings of Elvis in a multi million dollar industry that bare his likeness (Good and Bad) but are not real, why do people waste their time and money on that fake stuff?

The future of Elvis' legacy will depend on future technologies like A.I. I don't know how old you are so can't assume what your thoughts are on the future and what it will hold in your lifetime. I am 54 years of age, to some old, to others middle aged. Technology for better or worse marches on.

The initial pictures I posted above were made with a few basic commands and the results are in my opinion very positive, are they perfect? No. But in the not to distant future this software will make ultra realistic photos where you or I will not be able to tell the difference. In ten years you will not be able to tell the difference between a real photo or a computer generated one. Fact!

I postulated what A.I. thought of Elvis and was happy that the generic image conjured was a positive one. If you consider using future technologies as a waste of time you will lose out out what it has to offer. Having a narrow perspective will cause harm to Elvis' future legacy? It would take far too long to list all the advancements used over the last 3-4 decades that have benefitted Elvis' legacy and kept it going strong. We might not like "Fake Stuff" but I can guarantee that in the coming years it will be a multi million dollar industry in the Elvis world that you will buy from.

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

Ya ya I hear ya! I just wanted to express my thoughts on AI and the above. Ok I’m 52. Call me get off my lawn old man if u wish. That’s ok. But I’ll stick with my stunning HGTA sessions set and like ilk. That is where Elvis’ legacy can truly be found. And if it can’t make it that way then so be it.

Topic author
Matt Ashton

Post by Matt Ashton »

Kylan wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:17 am
Ya ya I hear ya! I just wanted to express my thoughts on AI and the above. Ok I’m 52. Call me get off my lawn old man if u wish. That’s ok. But I’ll stick with my stunning HGTA sessions set and like ilk. That is where Elvis’ legacy can truly be found. And if it can’t make it that way then so be it.
I love the original stuff, but I also love the new and exciting technologies that are up & coming. There are A.I systems that can emulate singers that are making great progress. Will they ever be as good as the original singers... Hell NO! However, there are some amazing songs out there that I would love to hear Elvis' voice sing. I know in my heart of hearts it will never be as good as an original Elvis version, but I can Imagine and get closer to my dream.