Anyone got more details on this candid?

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Alexander
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Anyone got more details on this candid?

Post by Alexander »

Found this picture on the Facebook page of The Elvis experience. I have seen this circulating in B/W before, but this color version is new to my eyes. I assume it is authentic, since if this is supposed to be colorized, it would be a crappy colorizing job. Anyway, anyone any details on the date, location and fan in this photo? Would be highly appreciated.
Elvis with fan (Date, location unknown).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Julian Grant
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Re: Anyone got more details on this candid?

Post by Julian Grant »

If I am not mistaken, and if my 'files'are correct then this photograph, which indeed has been colourised was taken at the Sand and Sand Hotel in Biloxi, Mississippi during his July visit in 1956 and the girls name is Patty Dacey.

Alexander wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:42 pm
Found this picture on the Facebook page of The Elvis experience. I have seen this circulating in B/W before, but this color version is new to my eyes. I assume it is authentic, since if this is supposed to be colorized, it would be a crappy colorizing job. Anyway, anyone any details on the date, location and fan in this photo? Would be highly appreciated.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Alexander wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:42 pm

Julian Grant wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:31 am
If I am not mistaken, and if my 'files'are correct then this photograph, which indeed has been colourised was taken at the Sand and Sand Hotel in Biloxi, Mississippi during his July visit in 1956 and the girls name is Patty Dacey.

The location is the Sun-n-Sand Hotel Court in Biloxi, which Elvis stayed at in July 1956 while on vacation.

580728_Sun-n-Sand Hotel Court_01.jpg
580728_Sun-n-Sand Hotel Court_02.jpg
https://www.flickr.com/photos/edge_and_corner_wear/9672632382

The photo is definitely colorized, Elvis never had a car painted both pink and yellow. The girl might be "Patti Dacey," but the only place I've seen the name is on a FB post.

Elvis Presley Fan Club Luxembourg
Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 6:36 AM

July 1956 with Patti Dacey at the Sun and Sand Motel in Biloxi, Mississippi

560700_Sun-n-Sand Hotel Court.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/532001900240588/photos/a.533025196804925/4021121094661967/?type=3&theater

Some have suggested this is Biloxi girlfriend June Juanico's friend Pat Napier, who accompanied her on some of the Presley vacation break. But there are photos of Pat and the girl above is someone else. Likely a fan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
Alexander
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Alexander »

Julian Grant wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:31 am
Thanks for sharing your insight Julian, really appreciate it. The colorization apparently is so crappy, it got me fooled about the authenticity.
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:27 pm
The photo is definitely colorized, Elvis never had a car painted both pink and yellow.
Thanks for sharing additional information about the location in Biloxi drjohncarpenter, it is appreciated. Elvis did drive a white car at the time and I interpreted the pink glow as a discoloration due to the ravages of time, but apparently it indicates ignorance on the part of the colorist. Glad this has been clarified.