Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Red Cat
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

New to my eyes picture of Elvis and Priscilla

Post by Red Cat »

Posted on the fb page ElvisistheMan with the following text:
"Never saw this was of Elvis and Cilla. It looks like 1968 from Elvis’ hairstyle. Notice the mountain Valley water he has in his left hand. I actually bought a bottle for the first time and it’s really good!!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Red Cat
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Re: New to my eyes picture of Elvis and Priscilla

Post by Red Cat »

Comparing this photo with others from that night it seems to be flipped (regarding Priscilla's bracelet on the wrong arm).

From their 1st wedding anniverary on May 1, 1968 at their home at Camino del Norte in Palm Springs, CA.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Red Cat wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:33 pm
Comparing this photo with others from that night it seems to be flipped (regarding Priscilla's bracelet on the wrong arm).

From their 1st wedding anniverary on May 1, 1968 at their home at Camino del Norte in Palm Springs, CA.

Yeah, the photo is reversed, see corrected image below.

I agree it's probably from 5-01-1968 (Wed) and some kind of one year wedding anniversary celebration.

However, according to Guralnick and Jørgensen's Elvis Day By Day, the Presleys had the party at their home on 1174 Hillcrest Road in Beverly Hills.

Elvis had just finished up principal photography on his MGM film "Live A Little, Love A Little." They previously spent Easter weekend (April 13-14) at their Palm Springs rental, located at 372 Camino Norte in Palm Springs.

It looks like the photo was made in the Hillcrest living room.

'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

Here is when I Iearnt an image can be generated by a mirror-reversal of an original image across its vertical axis. My wife graduated as a professional photographer in 1977, but I knew it first, in 1974 when I watched this episode, "Negative reaction " one of the best ever. Watch how Peter Falk tricks Dick Van Dyke, who is the only one of those seen in this scene who is alive, fresh as a daisy at 97 years of age. Priceless.