Philadelphia 1957

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
The fool
Registered for: 21 years

Philadelphia 1957

Post by The fool »

I just got this old Japanese book. My knowlegdge of their language is so bad, that I can only translate 1996, because it says "1996". But here is a photo from that book. I don´t remember seeing this one before. Philadelphia?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Philadelphia 1957

Post by Jaime1234 »

Yes, and singing "One night"

rlj4ep
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Great to see, thanks for the post. I attended all of the Philly shows in the 1970's, but the 1957 performances were before I was born...., so pictures and articles about those shows are always special.....,

cjelvis
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by cjelvis »

Above is mentioned April 6, 1957, so it seems to be Philadelphia, thanks for this unpublished photo

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Another great shot likely from the first Philadelphia show on 4-05-1957 (Fri). It may originally be from a color negative.

This image is really interesting as you can clearly see that Elvis has borrowed Scotty Moore's electric guitar AND thumb pick (!) to play something special, most likely "One Night."

He cut it at Radio Recorders in West Hollywood about five weeks before, but it wouldn't be issued by RCA until October 1958.

Can you imagine how exciting it would be to hear this?

Thank you for the find and share!!

The fool wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:20 am
I just got this old Japanese book. My knowlegdge of their language is so bad, that I can only translate 1996, because it says "1996". But here is a photo from that book. I don´t remember seeing this one before. Philadelphia?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

drjohncarpenter

Did a little searching, and not only found a different crop, but also verified this WAS indeed a color photo.

Both are below. Where are all the opening night color shots? Can we have a book and a recording of the set, please?

If I can dream . . .

'

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

drjohncarpenter

Two more color shots from opening night in Philly, way back when . . .

'

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Paul Belard
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Paul Belard »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:45 pm
Did a little searching, and not only found a different crop, but also verified this WAS indeed a color photo.

Both are below. Where are all the opening night color shots? Can we have a book and a recording of the set, please?

If I can dream . . .

From this point this is a message from Paul Belard. It is mixed with DJC for some reason, but I'm not an expert so I screwed up. Anyway, here it is.

I do not know if will ever hear a recording of one of those two Philly concerts, but there is a book written by yours truly. It has 228 pages covering the month of April 57 starting on the 4th, with more than half about the Philadelphia concerts. Below are some photos, including the one of the girl having an orgasm. It is available on Amazon.
elvis57aprilcover.jpg
'
ElvisPhilly57f.jpg
ElvisPhilly57e.jpg
ElvisPhilly57d.jpg
ElvisPhilly57c.jpg
ElvisPhilly57b.jpg
elvisphilly57a.jpg
elvis57aprilcover.jpg

drjohncarpenter

Paul Belard wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:01 pm
From this point this is a message from Paul Belard. It is mixed with DJC for some reason, but I'm not an expert so I screwed up. Anyway, here it is.

I do not know if will ever hear a recording of one of those two Philly concerts, but there is a book written by yours truly. It has 228 pages covering the month of April 57 starting on the 4th, with more than half about the Philadelphia concerts. Below are some photos, including the one of the girl having an orgasm. It is available on Amazon.

EXCUSE ME?

That 13 year-old Philadelphia fan was not "having an orgasm."

JFC.

Such egregious mistakes, plus photos used as if they belong to no one, are primary reasons to avoid your books.

:smt023

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Paul Belard

Post by Paul Belard »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:03 am
Paul Belard wrote:

EXCUSE ME?

That 13 year-old Philadelphia fan was not "having an orgasm."

JFC.

Such egregious mistakes, plus photos used as if they belong to no one, are primary reasons to avoid your books.

:smt023
Well, you are the doctor. So what is she having? An epileptic seizure? Without getting into medical terms, egregious (nice vocabulary by the way) or not, let's all agree that she's having a hell of a good time. Re the pictures, did you quote any source on the one you listed? When pictures are in the public domain, they indeed belong to no one, that is to everybody.

drjohncarpenter

Paul Belard wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:47 pm
Well, you are the doctor. So what is she having? An epileptic seizure? Without getting into medical terms, egregious (nice vocabulary by the way) or not, let's all agree that she's having a hell of a good time.

Unsurprising reply.

Your characterization of that school girl at an Elvis concert was cheap and disgusting.

No one needs a medical degree to understand that.

Paul Belard wrote:
Re the pictures, did you quote any source on the one you listed? When pictures are in the public domain, they indeed belong to no one, that is to everybody.

On this forum I go out of my way to credit every single known photographer.

And, unlike your books, I've never charged anyone a penny for anything I've ever published here.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

Posters should charge for things they publish here but ONLY when the actions they tell us about have resulted in something of real importance for Elvis. To inform us that there is a photo which was found is of zero importance, to find an old article which was read back in the day by thousands, but merited little attention after it had its 15 minutes of fame, is not something for which the poster could charge anyone of us here.

I have done two things for Elvis stature and image that were so important that the news were heard around the world, something I found lacking in any of the posts from people who have written books about Elvis and are members of our forum. They can only acknowledge KNOWING about these facts AFTER they read it on the papers, or saw it in the worldwide news.

And of course, I would never charge anyone, for anything that I have done outside my real line of work. And since I am retired, the chances that I will ever charge for anything is ZERO.

Sugarfoot
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by Sugarfoot »

I suppose this one is from Philly as well. Can't recall having seen it before, but my memory's not to be trusted... :)

philly57.jpg

Paul Belard

Post by Paul Belard »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:55 pm
Paul Belard wrote:
Well, you are the doctor. So what is she having? An epileptic seizure? Without getting into medical terms, egregious (nice vocabulary by the way) or not, let's all agree that she's having a hell of a good time.

Unsurprising reply.

Your characterization of that school girl at an Elvis concert was cheap and disgusting.

No one needs a medical degree to understand that.

Paul Belard wrote:
Re the pictures, did you quote any source on the one you listed? When pictures are in the public domain, they indeed belong to no one, that is to everybody.

On this forum I go out of my way to credit every single known photographer.

And, unlike your books, I've never charged anyone a penny for anything I've ever published here.
For your information, as of March 2023, 7 states in the USA have no minimum age for marriage. Imagine what it was in 1956. Just to cite a case we all familiar with, Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13-year-old cousin. She had a child at 14. She had therefore sexual relations at this tender age, and hopefully some orgasms. You seem, for some reason, very upset by this word and to be easily shocked by matters relating to sex. Maybe a head shrink would make something out of it? By the way, according to Jewish law, girls are considered adults by the time they are twelve and a half.
Anyway, in conclusion, since you have a pathological need for always having the last word, let yourself go! As for me, this thread is closed.

Paul Belard

Post by Paul Belard »

Sugarfoot wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:42 pm
I suppose this one is from Philly as well. Can't recall having seen it before, but my memory's not to be trusted... :)

Yes it is, and a nice one.

drjohncarpenter

Paul Belard wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:16 am
For your information, as of March 2023, 7 states in the USA have no minimum age for marriage. Imagine what it was in 1956. Just to cite a case we all familiar with, Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13-year-old cousin. She had a child at 14. She had therefore sexual relations at this tender age, and hopefully some orgasms. You seem, for some reason, very upset by this word and to be easily shocked by matters relating to sex. Maybe a head shrink would make something out of it? By the way, according to Jewish law, girls are considered adults by the time they are twelve and a half.
Anyway, in conclusion, since you have a pathological need for always having the last word, let yourself go! As for me, this thread is closed.

The book you pushed on this topic will no doubt be a huge Amazon seller with PR like this.

:roll:

So sorry, The fool. Really liked the photo you posted.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Alexander
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Alexander »

Paul Belard wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:45 pm

If I can dream . . .

'
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
It seems these photos were awfully resized by one of those AI software tools.

Topic author
The fool

Post by The fool »

Sugarfoot wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:42 pm

First seen in Ger Rijff´s 1991 book Fire In The Sun.