Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
poormadpeter2

Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by poormadpeter2 »

One of the key parts of the guidelines that the mods try to enforce is that there should be no personal attacks.

And yet being called a hypocrite and a troll on numerous occasions, and bringing that to the attention of mods through the correct channels, results in nothing happening - no warning, no message from the mods on the topic, no removal of the offending posts.

A personal attack is a personal attack, no matter what terminology it might use.

If I called someone a pain in the arse, it would be referred to as an attack. I was suspended for two weeks a year or two back for suggesting that someone "shut up" after they had been sh*t-stirring. Now, if those things are referred to as attacks, then so are accusations of trolling and hypocrisy.

There is far more to a personal attack than calling someone an idiot, or stupid, or a bastard, or whatever words trigger the big red pen.

Accusations of trolling and hypocrisy are attacks. An attempt to undermine someone's integrity within the board or within their work outside the bubble of FECC is a personal attack, despite the fact naughty words are not used.

It is about time that this was understood, and was acted upon. There ARE trolls on this board, and we know who they are. They derail topics, they endlessly shoe-horn Felton bloody Jarvis into every conversation they possibly can in order to stir the hornet's nest and provoke those who defend Jarvis to bite back which then leads to mayhem. We even have one of them now deciding to create a "For Felton Fans Only" thread, instructing those who defend him to only talk there - despite, I might add, my frequent evidence that it is not they who bring him into the conversation. One look at the The Searcher First Thoughts thread shows just how much this had gotten out of hand.

But I will NOT stay on this board if my integrity continues to be questioned here.

It is a personal attack, it is an insult, and it is an underhand, pathetic accusation from people who should know better.

I have asked the people in question (aka: DJC) to stop - in public, on the forum. I have gone through the correct channels to get moderators to clamp down on it. I have reported it. I have included messages within the report to describe what is occurring.

Nothing is done. Absolutely sod all. Perhaps the comment is removed occasionally. That doesn't stop it happening, and no warnings are given. There is nothing to stop it happening again - either to me or to someone else.

So. Here it is in the open - make the accusations stop or I walk away. I've done it before. I'll do it again.

I am perfectly sure I can live without FECC, and I certainly will not hesitate in doing so if attacks against my work and integrity continue.
We both know that member is a hypocrite, demanding things of others that he would never do himself. He devotes a great deal of his time to causing rancor, and this will be something that never changes for him.
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55284&p=1657913&hilit=hypocrite#p1657913
First of all, ignore the trolling of this topic by that member. It's almost all he does, while either consciously or otherwise missing the point.
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55284&p=1657557&hilit=troll#p1657545
Ignore the trolling, that person isn't even addressing the point I make, just being hysterical, as usual.
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55284&p=1657189&hilit=troll#p1657189
Unfortunately, as you delve into page 1 and beyond, you will encounter more than a little trolling from some of the usual suspects. Please do your best to ignore their posts. If I could I would delete every single one of them, as they are a waste of everyone's time.
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55284&p=1659456&hilit=trolling#p1659433
In the course of the discussion, while avoiding the minefield of trolling done by a handful a selfish members
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101107&p=1659100&hilit=trolling#p1659100
And these are just examples aimed at myself, let alone those aimed at Cisco, Juan, MikeEdwards and others.

Topic author
Juan Luis

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Juan Luis »

I know my days or hours are numbered here. It is tiring.

Topic author
Bill B

Post by Bill B »

Juan Luis on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:00 pm wrote:I know my days or hours are numbered here. It is tiring.
Take a breath buddy, Don't let anyone run you or anyone else out of here..

Lexie1973

Post by Lexie1973 »

poormadpeter2 and Juan Luis please don't let him get to you bc that is probably exactly his goal. There are far more members here that enjoy the input you guys deliver, than that one member we almost all feel, well....in a certain way about. Please keep that in mind. With you guys leaving, you're might be pleasing one member, but you'll leave a whole bunch behind in dissapointment! Not to mention we will be the ones left behind with....well, you know.....him! :D ::rocks

Bottom line: STAY!

Alex

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

poormadpeter2 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:16 am wrote:One of the key parts of the guidelines that the mods try to enforce is that there should be no personal attacks.

And yet being called a hypocrite and a troll on numerous occasions, and bringing that to the attention of mods through the correct channels, results in nothing happening - no warning, no message from the mods on the topic, no removal of the offending posts.

A personal attack is a personal attack, no matter what terminology it might use.

If I called someone a pain in the arse, it would be referred to as an attack. I was suspended for two weeks a year or two back for suggesting that someone "shut up" after they had been sh*t-stirring. Now, if those things are referred to as attacks, then so are accusations of trolling and hypocrisy.

There is far more to a personal attack than calling someone an idiot, or stupid, or a bastard, or whatever words trigger the big red pen.

Accusations of trolling and hypocrisy are attacks. An attempt to undermine someone's integrity within the board or within their work outside the bubble of FECC is a personal attack, despite the fact naughty words are not used.

It is about time that this was understood, and was acted upon. There ARE trolls on this board, and we know who they are. They derail topics, they endlessly shoe-horn Felton bloody Jarvis into every conversation they possibly can in order to stir the hornet's nest and provoke those who defend Jarvis to bite back which then leads to mayhem. We even have one of them now deciding to create a "For Felton Fans Only" thread, instructing those who defend him to only talk there - despite, I might add, my frequent evidence that it is not they who bring him into the conversation. One look at the The Searcher First Thoughts thread shows just how much this had gotten out of hand.

But I will NOT stay on this board if my integrity continues to be questioned here.

It is a personal attack, it is an insult, and it is an underhand, pathetic accusation from people who should know better.

I have asked the people in question (aka: DJC) to stop - in public, on the forum. I have gone through the correct channels to get moderators to clamp down on it. I have reported it. I have included messages within the report to describe what is occurring.

Nothing is done. Absolutely sod all. Perhaps the comment is removed occasionally. That doesn't stop it happening, and no warnings are given. There is nothing to stop it happening again - either to me or to someone else.

So. Here it is in the open - make the accusations stop or I walk away. I've done it before. I'll do it again.

I am perfectly sure I can live without FECC, and I certainly will not hesitate in doing so if attacks against my work and integrity continue.
We both know that member is a hypocrite, demanding things of others that he would never do himself. He devotes a great deal of his time to causing rancor, and this will be something that never changes for him.
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55284&p=1657913&hilit=hypocrite#p1657913
First of all, ignore the trolling of this topic by that member. It's almost all he does, while either consciously or otherwise missing the point.
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55284&p=1657557&hilit=troll#p1657545
Ignore the trolling, that person isn't even addressing the point I make, just being hysterical, as usual.
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55284&p=1657189&hilit=troll#p1657189
Unfortunately, as you delve into page 1 and beyond, you will encounter more than a little trolling from some of the usual suspects. Please do your best to ignore their posts. If I could I would delete every single one of them, as they are a waste of everyone's time.
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55284&p=1659456&hilit=trolling#p1659433
In the course of the discussion, while avoiding the minefield of trolling done by a handful a selfish members
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101107&p=1659100&hilit=trolling#p1659100
And these are just examples aimed at myself, let alone those aimed at Cisco, Juan, MikeEdwards and others.

It´s unbelievable that these members you have quoted are allowed to continue with their rude comments. I was hoping things would change after the announcement by the "new" moderator...seems not.

mike edwards66

Post by mike edwards66 »

Juan Luis on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:00 am wrote:I know my days or hours are numbered here. It is tiring.
Hey! You're going nowhere, Mister. With the 'All Elvis' section currently resembling a parking lot for 'stickys' and 'Searchers', we need you more than ever.

poormadpeter2 wrote:And these are just examples aimed at myself, let alone those aimed at Cisco, Juan, MikeEdwards and others.
That's true. I am persecuted here by my inferiors.

I console myself with the knowledge that if Jesus came back tomorrow, the same thing would happen to him.

I'm not saying that I am Jesus, but if I was Jesus, this is the kind of place I'd come.

Here, to be with the lonely, the disenfranchised, the wretched and the weak.

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

FECC-Moderator

Post by FECC-Moderator »

Hello poormadpeter and everyone else, I understand the frustrations, and I will look at them, deal with them.
However let me point out to all of you that this hasn't been the easiest week, as i'm also currently sick.. And i'm on my own for the moment (The other moderator is having a well deserved vacation, and I hope he has fun), but that means that I have to deal with every single report, every single PM and every single complaint on this forum..

I have read this topic and will act upon them today / tomorrow. But give me a bit of time. I haven't received any PM's, I haven't reseived any reports (or they have been dealt with by a administrator, which in that case, I wouldn't see any reports).

Personal attacks are never okay.. Just keep the peace.. and i'll see what I can do.
::rocks

keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Ignore them,and their silly attacks.they are not big and they have shown time and time again they are not clever.

-- Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:10 pm --

When the Jarvis attacks stop perhaps they will revert to talk of poolside interviews and being holier than thou about Elvis In concert,that would be a refreshing change

-instagram kenh1964

norrie

Post by norrie »

mike edwards66 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:29 am wrote:
Juan Luis on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:00 am wrote:I know my days or hours are numbered here. It is tiring.
Hey! You're going nowhere, Mister. With the 'All Elvis' section currently resembling a parking lot for 'stickys' and 'Searchers', we need you more than ever.

poormadpeter2 wrote:And these are just examples aimed at myself, let alone those aimed at Cisco, Juan, MikeEdwards and others.

I console myself with the knowledge that if Jesus came back tomorrow, the same thing would happen to him.

I'm not saying that I am Jesus, but if I was Jesus, this is the kind of place I'd come.

....and the English Mike,don't forget the English :wink:

r&b

Post by r&b »

I have been called a troll many times over the years here, and probably a hypocrite as well. That never seemed to me as a personal attack and never bothered me or, or changed my thinking, so I moved on. Now call me a bastard when you dont even know me, and I'll be pissed!!

goldbelt

Post by goldbelt »

I don't read all the topics on the forum, but of the topics I have read, the regularity with which one particular member seems to accuse others of being a troll or of trolling, tells them not to post in HIS topics and tells others to 'ignore the troll' when someone posts a question or opinion he disagrees with is rude, unpleasant and unacceptable.

And since when does starting a topic give a member ownership of that topic. It's a discussion forum after all.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

goldbelt on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:30 pm wrote:I don't read all the topics on the forum, but of the topics I have read, the regularity with which one particular member seems to accuse others of being a troll or of trolling, tells them not to post in HIS topics and tells others to 'ignore the troll' when someone posts a question or opinion he disagrees with is rude, unpleasant and unacceptable.

And since when does starting a topic give a member ownership of that topic. It's a discussion forum after all.
It wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else. The shenanigans that's permitted on this forum is the talk of the entire online Elvis world and has been for years. Away from the official site, this forum should really be the central point for all things Presley. Unfortuntely, hundreds, if not thousands, have either left or are deterred from getting involved here due to the historic and ongoing issues. Personally, I feel that it is seriously hurting Presley's legacy as here should be where publicity, discussion, etc for new events kicks off before filtering on to the general public.

Recently, for a week or two, it was very noticable that there was a greatly improved atmosphere here, and numerous members remarked upon this at the time. Unfortunately, the situation this week is probably worse than ever and the toxicity has gone thru the roof. We can draw our own conclusions as to why, but it's not too hard to figure.

jessewade
Banned
Banned

Post by jessewade »

Hard Rocker on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:06 pm wrote:
Recently, for a week or two, it was very noticable that there was a greatly improved atmosphere here, and numerous members remarked upon this at the time. Unfortunately, the situation this week is probably worse than ever and the toxicity has gone thru the roof. We can draw our own conclusions as to why, but it's not too hard to figure.
exactly. Food for fought :wink:

MEMBER BANNED FOREVER FOR MAKING RACIST/ANTISEMETIC ATTACKS AGAINST ANOTHER MEMBER.

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

FECC-Moderator on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:53 pm wrote:Hello poormadpeter and everyone else, I understand the frustrations, and I will look at them, deal with them.
However let me point out to all of you that this hasn't been the easiest week, as i'm also currently sick.. And i'm on my own for the moment (The other moderator is having a well deserved vacation, and I hope he has fun), but that means that I have to deal with every single report, every single PM and every single complaint on this forum..

I have read this topic and will act upon them today / tomorrow. But give me a bit of time. I haven't received any PM's, I haven't reseived any reports (or they have been dealt with by a administrator, which in that case, I wouldn't see any reports).

Personal attacks are never okay.. Just keep the peace.. and i'll see what I can do.
Those are acceptable reasons...hope you get well soon.

FatherJack1980

Post by FatherJack1980 »

Is the only other big Elvis forum the "Elvis Phoenix forum" (not sure about it's official name)?

Harry S. Truman: The buck stops here

Donald Duck Trump: "I don't take responsibility at all"

"I do want always corruption" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 22 Nov 2019 :wtf: :facep:

"The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 6 Nov 2012

"Be prepared, there is a small chance that our horrendous leadership could unknowingly lead us into World War III." ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 31 Aug 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ydWzTnD7Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WotiVvyS1yk

And this is a-not-to-be-missed-instant-classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSE-XoVKaXg

"Elvis has left the house" :facep: ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 16 Nov 2018

- he's clearly a patriot that respects the flag and a very stable genius with a large a-brain(!). I'm of course being sarcastic because Donald Trump is a moron.

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Scarre on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:11 pm wrote:
FECC-Moderator on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:53 pm wrote:Hello poormadpeter and everyone else, I understand the frustrations, and I will look at them, deal with them.

+1.

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Juan Luis on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:56 pm wrote:

+1.
Juan...not that I´m a fan...but that picture you have with Elvis and FJ...beautiful. Shows how relaxed he was with FJ.

Rob

Post by Rob »

mike edwards66 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:29 am wrote:I'm not saying that I am Jesus...
To me, you've always been the next best thing.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Topic author
Mr. Black

Post by Mr. Black »

Well, you know what they say about trolls... Even trolls love rock 'n roll (Tony Joe White).

It's a pity. This forum has a lot to offer. But sometimes you have to wade through loads of bs. I have never understood and will never understand why some folks clearly lack the social skills to listen to and appreciate other points of view, to engage in a discussion in a civil manner. Oh well, even trolls love rock 'n roll ;-)

-- Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:04 am --
r&b on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm wrote:I have been called a troll many times over the years here, and probably a hypocrite as well. That never seemed to me as a personal attack and never bothered me or, or changed my thinking, so I moved on. Now call me a bastard when you dont even know me, and I'll be pissed!!
That's a bit weird; you don't mind being called a hypocrite, but you do mind being called a bastard.

Topic author
poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Mr. Black on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:57 pm wrote:Well, you know what they say about trolls... Even trolls love rock 'n roll (Tony Joe White).

It's a pity. This forum has a lot to offer. But sometimes you have to wade through loads of bs. I have never understood and will never understand why some folks clearly lack the social skills to listen to and appreciate other points of view, to engage in a discussion in a civil manner. Oh well, even trolls love rock 'n roll ;-)

r&b on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm wrote:I have been called a troll many times over the years here, and probably a hypocrite as well. That never seemed to me as a personal attack and never bothered me or, or changed my thinking, so I moved on. Now call me a bastard when you dont even know me, and I'll be pissed!!
That's a bit weird; you don't mind being called a hypocrite, but you do mind being called a bastard.
I'd rather be called a bastard.

Topic author
Bill B

Post by Bill B »

Ditto that..

Topic author
Mr. Black

Post by Mr. Black »

poormadpeter2 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:21 am wrote:
Mr. Black on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:57 pm wrote:Well, you know what they say about trolls... Even trolls love rock 'n roll (Tony Joe White).

As you wish, bastard! ;-)

No harm intended. Just a silly joke. Just call me an a**hole ;-)

elvisjock

Post by elvisjock »

Mr. Black on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:

\

"I'd rather be a bastard than an a**hole," sung to the tune of "I'd rather be a hammer than a nail."

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

mike edwards66

Post by mike edwards66 »

norrie on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:50 pm wrote:
mike edwards66 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:29 am wrote:

....and the English Mike,don't forget the English :wink:
Ha! Better felt than telt.

Rob wrote:
mike edwards66 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:29 am wrote:I'm not saying that I am Jesus...
To me, you've always been the next best thing.
I help out when he's busy.

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

elvisjock on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:19 am wrote:
Mr. Black on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:

\

"I'd rather be a bastard than an a**hole," sung to the tune of "I'd rather be a hammer than a nail."
I'd rather have a memory then a dream..

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets