Split from "The Searcher" topic.

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Moderator3
Forum Moderator
Registered for: 14 years 6 months
Mood:

Re: Elvis-The Searcher on HBO in 2018

Post by Moderator3 »

ATTENTION!
@cs2003,@drjohncarpenter,@goldbelt,@Hard Rocker,@Juan Luis,
@matilda,@poormadpeter2,@Simon1,@Steve Morse
ATTENTION!
Why have the above members been tagged? I will discuss that shortly. But first some reminders.

Please abide by the guidelines.

Leave the moderating TO THE MODERATORS.

If you feel a personal attack has been made against you, then by all means, please submit a report. However, reporting a post as a "personal attack" when it does not directly involve you is an abuse of the report system, and is against the guidelines. Submitting multiple reports just because you do not like the member you are reporting is also an abuse of the report system, and is once again against the guidelines.

Why have the above members been tagged?
109 posts have had to be cleaned from this topic for either being personal attacks, baiting, or attempts to derail the topic. Out of the 109 posts, all had been posted by the above members. It took a great amount of time to try to salvage this topic and it is not something myself or the other moderators enjoy doing. Further attempts to derail the topic by baiting or making personal attacks will result in a one month suspension from the forum.

As a reminder, actions taken by the moderators are fully sanctioned by the administrator(s) of FECC. If you are suspended, an explanation will be provided to you. Going to the administrator(s) and acting like you don't know why certain action(s) have been taken in hopes that they will reverse the decision will not work, just as it has not worked in the past.

This goes for everyone. And this is not up for discussion.

Now, please resume on-topic discussion in relation to this exciting new EP project!

::rocks ::rocks ::rocks

SteamrollerBlues
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Post by SteamrollerBlues »

With all due respect to the moderator(s), I think one name is missing from that list.

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Moderator3 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:43 am wrote:
ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!
Why have the above members been tagged? I will discuss that shortly. But first some reminders.

If you feel a personal attack has been made against you, then by all means, please submit a report. However, reporting a post as a "personal attack" when it does not directly involve you is an abuse of the report system, and is against the guidelines. Submitting multiple reports just because you do not like the member you are reporting is also an abuse of the report system, and is once again against the guidelines.

109 posts have had to be cleaned from this topic for either being personal attacks, baiting, or attempts to derail the topic. Out of the 109 posts, all had been posted by the above members. It took a great amount of time to try to salvage this topic and it is not something myself or the other moderators enjoy doing. Further attempts to derail the topic by baiting or making personal attacks will result in a one month suspension from the forum.

As a reminder, actions taken by the moderators are fully sanctioned by the administrator(s) of FECC. If you are suspended, an explanation will be provided to you. Going to the administrator(s) and acting like you don't know why certain action(s) have been taken in hopes that they will reverse the decision will not work, just as it has not worked in the past.

Now, please resume on-topic discussion in relation to this exciting new EP project!

Dear Mod3

I'm sorry, but with the greatest respect, this IS up for discussion. You might not like that, but just like any government/police/authority, you have to be able to answer for your action.

How can you say this:
If you feel a personal attack has been made against you, then by all means, please submit a report. However, reporting a post as a "personal attack" when it does not directly involve you is an abuse of the report system
And yet have no problem with this:
drjohncarpenter on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:16 pm wrote:
Steve Morse on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:47 am wrote:Agreed, Mike. For him to ...
FECC Team Note: <SNIP> Content meant to derail removed <SNIP>
Thank you.
On the one hand, you are telling us not to report posts that do not concern us - and on the other hand, you see nothing wrong with someone encouraging others to do just that. You have also told us that we have been warned for trying to derail the topic. That is exactly what the Doc is doing in his posts.

Look, you can't have it both ways. Now, I don't know who reported the Doc's post, because it wasn't me. In fact, I haven't spent that much time on this thread at all, compared to other threads. And yet my pointing out in public that the Doc's post was (and remains) out of order has resulted in a warning - but the Doc encouraging people to report another member (completely blind, without seeing his posts) has not.

Now, you can hide behind the very-handy "this is not up for discussion" rule - or you can have the decency to tell us why one person in this little skirmish not only remains unwarned, but has also had his offending posts remain. This is twice in a week you have made such decisions. In the Steve Allen thread, it apparently became "baiting" to correct misinformation and factual errors - indeed, misinformation and factual errors that were made on purpose!

Will I get the boot for a month for speaking out? Most likely. So be it. I have plenty of other things to do with my time. This isn't school. We are all big enough and ugly enough to stand up for what we believe is right and against what we believe is wrong - whether that is about something that matters, or something like this - which ultimately doesn't. Your behaviour has been an abuse of your powers - and will continue to be until you start treating everyone in the same way.

My main point here is my complete disappointment in FECC. Just a few weeks ago, we had a new moderator, telling us everything was going to be done fairly. That everyone would be treated in the same way. That we should treat it as a clean slate. Everything was going to be different from now on. But there is no point whatsoever in one mod having that attitude if the others are just going to carry on as normal.

So, there, I've had my say. Like it or not. And I will, no doubt, spend the next month doing something far more constructive than coming here. But I will say now that this post has been sent privately to all the people warned in your post and to any other interested parties. We are told repeatedly that you cannot read private messages on the forum, and therefore this cannot be stopped. I will reiterate now that they are not complicit in my sending the message to them or in my actions. But at least by getting my comments spread via private message, the removal of this public post will ultimately not matter and the word will get around.

I will see you all in a month.

Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Personally I do not see how you can possibly be banned for that post, Shane. You have abused no rules and simply stated the truth.

Well said.

Do I get banned for saying that? :D

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
drjohncarpenter on February 11th, 2018, 12:16 am wrote:
Thank you.
I don´t write "garbage"...... This is very offensive and I take it as a personal attack, sad :cry:.

That said, as you told me some posts ago....
drjohncarpenter on February 9th, 2018, 6:05 pm wrote:You don't like my opinion, be a grown-up, put me in your "Foes" list and you won't see them anymore. Thank you!.
You may apply it to yourself too :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

"You don't like my opinion, be a grown-up, put me in your "Foes" list and you won't see them anymore". Thank you!.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Topic author
Moderator3
Forum Moderator
Mood:

Post by Moderator3 »

poormadpeter2 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:22 pm wrote:
Moderator3 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:43 am wrote:
ATTENTION!
ATTENTION!

Dear Mod3

I'm sorry, but with the greatest respect, this IS up for discussion. You might not like that, but just like any government/police/authority, you have to be able to answer for your action.

How can you say this:
If you feel a personal attack has been made against you, then by all means, please submit a report. However, reporting a post as a "personal attack" when it does not directly involve you is an abuse of the report system
And yet have no problem with this:
drjohncarpenter on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:16 pm wrote:
Thank you.
On the one hand, you are telling us not to report posts that do not concern us - and on the other hand, you see nothing wrong with someone encouraging others to do just that. You have also told us that we have been warned for trying to derail the topic. That is exactly what the Doc is doing in his posts.

Look, you can't have it both ways. Now, I don't know who reported the Doc's post, because it wasn't me. In fact, I haven't spent that much time on this thread at all, compared to other threads. And yet my pointing out in public that the Doc's post was (and remains) out of order has resulted in a warning - but the Doc encouraging people to report another member (completely blind, without seeing his posts) has not.

Now, you can hide behind the very-handy "this is not up for discussion" rule - or you can have the decency to tell us why one person in this little skirmish not only remains unwarned, but has also had his offending posts remain. This is twice in a week you have made such decisions. In the Steve Allen thread, it apparently became "baiting" to correct misinformation and factual errors - indeed, misinformation and factual errors that were made on purpose!

Will I get the boot for a month for speaking out? Most likely. So be it. I have plenty of other things to do with my time. This isn't school. We are all big enough and ugly enough to stand up for what we believe is right and against what we believe is wrong - whether that is about something that matters, or something like this - which ultimately doesn't. Your behaviour has been an abuse of your powers - and will continue to be until you start treating everyone in the same way.

My main point here is my complete disappointment in FECC. Just a few weeks ago, we had a new moderator, telling us everything was going to be done fairly. That everyone would be treated in the same way. That we should treat it as a clean slate. Everything was going to be different from now on. But there is no point whatsoever in one mod having that attitude if the others are just going to carry on as normal.

So, there, I've had my say. Like it or not. And I will, no doubt, spend the next month doing something far more constructive than coming here. But I will say now that this post has been sent privately to all the people warned in your post and to any other interested parties. We are told repeatedly that you cannot read private messages on the forum, and therefore this cannot be stopped. I will reiterate now that they are not complicit in my sending the message to them or in my actions. But at least by getting my comments spread via private message, the removal of this public post will ultimately not matter and the word will get around.

I will see you all in a month.
No no no. You aren't going anywhere. The moderator that would have done that is.....No longer on the team.
And you are correct, we cannot view PM's. We have no need or want to do so. Neither your reply or mine is going anywhere. Those days are over.
Me and FECC-Moderator don't employ nazi tactics. And we will readily admit if a mistake has been made.

With that being said, you must remember that you are solely a guest here on the forum. This is not a govt/police/authority. We are *not* required to do anything. But, again we aren't nazis...

You, and others have taken what was written above in the completely wrong way. I can't neccesarily say that I didn't see it coming though. As the above mentioned former moderator caused years of distrust and damage to the reputation of the FECC moderators. In fact, just 4 months ago if I said **any of this** it would have gotten deleted rather quickly.

The reason this was requested to not have further discussion here (in this topic) is because it is not on topic. And it further derails the discussion. And as we are all EP fans, we know this is a big deal for our guy. We would just rather have the discussion focused on that. Not on this. Understand?

Now that things have dramatically changed behind the scenes; there is a greater possibility that we *may* employ a special section where members can discuss these and other issues. Whereas before this idea was treated like it was the end of the world by a particular moderator. We now have a team of fair and thoughtful moderators who want to at least attempt to fix the damage that has been caused by years of having a moderator biased towards certain people and products.

For the reporting, which again I think you took the wrong way. A member cannot report something as a "personal attack" if it is not them being attacked. All that needed to happen is Mike submit a report. But instead we received a 3rd party report. And then the same member who reported it, proceeded to go on a string of replies that *were* against the guidelines (big time). But, no action was taken all around other than a warning. Whereas others would have thoughtlessly gotten out the ban-hammer (which, btw, myself and fecc-moderator will be using only in the most extreme circumstances).

Where we did make a mistake, is the post quoted above was supposed to be removed. In fact, we thought it had been. We do not allow members to publically call for the reporting of other members. Just like I had said in the original post above, the moderating is left to the moderators. And that is for everyone. The rules are for everyone and apply to everyone. The team that we have now ensures that will be the case.

While we understand that trust in us, the moderators, will not be rebuilt overnight - we want all members to know that we are trying our best. It's all we can do right now. If you or any member has any thoughts on how we can achieve this, or to respond further on this - please send me and fecc-moderator a PM. Until we get a proper forum set up to discuss these matters, that will be the best way to get us. As again, we don't want this topic to be derailed further.

Thank you for your time.

~Moderator3~

Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Well that is at least a positive response which answers some questions and I suggest in the interests of fair play and good spirit we take it at face value for now.

And yes, you are correct... you are not required to do anything at all... unless of course you want to stop haemoragging members who have/had a long history of very fine contributiuons to this forum. This forum aint what it used to be and the lack of fair play which you yourself refer to is a massive part of that. However, all credit to you for acknowledging it.

Fair point about not de-railing this topic. Is it possible then to split the thread then and open this for discussion elsewhere?

Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Moderator3 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:02 pm wrote:
Where we did make a mistake, is the post quoted above was supposed to be removed. In fact, we thought it had been. We do not allow members to publically call for the reporting of other members.
It's still there though.
FECC Team Note: Not anymore ::rocks

cs2003
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by cs2003 »

In fairness considering that you have just snipped another post shouldnt another name be added to the list of accused ?
FECC Team Note: Done!

cs2003

Re: Split from "The Searcher" topic.

Post by cs2003 »

So another name has been added to the list. This is very convenient for that person considering that this has only been done after it was moved to off topic.
A big splash announcement for us and not for DJC.
Not exactly fair.
FECC Team Note: We did as you requested and it's in its own section now. You know how they say you cannot make everyone happy? I think this is a good example. ~Moderator3

FECC-Moderator
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

Post by FECC-Moderator »

cs2003 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:15 pm wrote:So another name has been added to the list. This is very convenient for that person considering that this has only been done after it was moved to off topic.
Not exactly fair.
I'm rather baffeled by your response. Moderator3 has gone to great lengths to see both sides of the coin, created a whole new category so members can have their say, added drjohncarpenter to the list, which might I say you also requested, and now that he has done so, you're still not satisfied.

What is it exactly you are expecting?

SteamrollerBlues
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Post by SteamrollerBlues »

I applaud the moderators for this section and moving this topic. Hopefully this will clean up the All Elvis section quite a bit in the future by moving any off topic personal discussions to this board.

cs2003

Post by cs2003 »

FECC-Moderator on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 pm wrote:
cs2003 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:15 pm wrote:So another name has been added to the list. This is very convenient for that person considering that this has only been done after it was moved to off topic.
Not exactly fair.
I'm rather baffeled by your response. Moderator3 has gone to great lengths to see both sides of the coin, created a whole new category so members can have their say, added drjohncarpenter to the list, which might I say you also requested, and now that he has done so, you're still not satisfied.

I not sure why you would be baffled I thought my post was very understandable.

FECC-Moderator

Post by FECC-Moderator »

SteamrollerBlues on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:25 pm wrote:I applaud the moderators for this section and moving this topic. Hopefully this will clean up the All Elvis section quite a bit in the future by moving any off topic personal discussions to this board.
We hope that the members who find themselves goin off-topic, hopefully start / continue that topic right here, as the moderators can't always checkout every single topic (unless comments are reported).

FECC-Moderator

Post by FECC-Moderator »

cs2003 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:30 pm wrote:
FECC-Moderator on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:23 pm wrote:
Not exactly fair.

I not sure why you would be baffled I thought my post was very understandable.
In fairness considering that you have just snipped another post shouldnt another name be added to the list of accused ?
is what you asked, this was carried out. then when it was carried out you say this..
So another name has been added to the list. This is very convenient for that person considering that this has only been done after it was moved to off topic.
Not exactly fair.
So like i said, what are you expecting? You wanted his name to be added to the list, we have done so.. and now apparantly that's not good enough for you?

cs2003

Post by cs2003 »

I'm not expecting anything I was making a point. Whether it was intentional or not it worked out very conveniently for the added person. Less people will see it here. Considering that people have had the opinion in the past that preferential treatment has been given to certain members, this could be interpreted as another example of this.

FECC-Moderator

Post by FECC-Moderator »

cs2003 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:40 pm wrote:I'm not expecting anything I was making a point. Whether it was intentional or not it worked out very conveniently for the added person. Less people will see it here.
People who visit this topic will see his name right away, the contained message counts for everyone on that list (including the now added drjohncarpenter)
It doesn't work out conveniently as he too is warned that if he continues to go off topic he'll be suspended for a month. People who see this topic (which is newly created - thus people will always want to check it out because of that reason) will notice his name is on the list too.
Considering that people have had the opinion in the past that preferential treatment has been given to certain members, this could be interpreted as another example of this.
Moderator3 has gone to great lengths to show that this is not the case, no one gets special treatment around here. If people decide to see this as another case of that, that's their own fault to be frank, we can't do more then we already done, creating a separate ''Big splashy announcement'' as you call it, would be unneccesary as it would be the same message.

If all of this is still not enough for you, then we're sorry but you'll just have to handle it.

EPA4368
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by EPA4368 »

Moderator3 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:02 pm wrote: Now that things have dramatically changed behind the scenes; there is a greater possibility that we *may* employ a special section where members can discuss these and other issues. Whereas before this idea was treated like it was the end of the world by a particular moderator. We now have a team of fair and thoughtful moderators who want to at least attempt to fix the damage that has been caused by years of having a moderator biased towards certain people and products.
We don't need a special section imo. If there is an issue and/or concern, deal with it on the thread/topic... this should avoid confusion and/or more questions.

FECC-Moderator

Post by FECC-Moderator »

EPA4368 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:52 pm wrote:
Moderator3 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:02 pm wrote: Now that things have dramatically changed behind the scenes; there is a greater possibility that we *may* employ a special section where members can discuss these and other issues. Whereas before this idea was treated like it was the end of the world by a particular moderator. We now have a team of fair and thoughtful moderators who want to at least attempt to fix the damage that has been caused by years of having a moderator biased towards certain people and products.
We don't need a special section imo. If there is an issue and/or concern, deal with it on the thread/topic... this should avoid confusion and/or more questions.
This section is created for the benefit of every member, off topic battles should not destroy topics, that's why it's got it's own section.

Topic author
Moderator3
Forum Moderator
Mood:

Post by Moderator3 »

FECC-Moderator on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:57 pm wrote:
This section is created for the benefit of every member, off topic battles should not destroy topics, that's why it's got it's own section.
Very well said!
Too many topics have been utterly destroyed by being derailed by off-topic discussion and in some cases personal attacks.
If the said off-topic posts are removed, we then get accused of favoritism. And accused of not being transparent.
Then, with this it is worried it will cause confusion? I think having a transparent moderation team that is willing to listen AND fix issues outweighs any minimal chances of "confusion".

EPA4368

Post by EPA4368 »

FECC-Moderator on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:57 pm wrote:
We have 'Report This Post,' 'Probation' and 'Suspended' that's enough imo.

I'm in total agreement with "off topic battles should not destroy topics", but when they do occur, they should be dealt with by Mods taking care of their responsibility.

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Moderator3 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:02 pm wrote:
No no no. You aren't going anywhere.
Dammit. I had work planned for the next month without the distraction of FECC! :wink:

On a more serious note, and to reply to a few comments (not necessarily in the order they were written).
You, and others have taken what was written above in the completely wrong way. I can't neccesarily say that I didn't see it coming though...
To be honest, I don't think that would have happened had DJC's post been removed and his name added to the list in the first place. As long as everyone is treated in the same way, then I don't think people are likely to complain. I realise it turned out to be a mistake, but it was an unfortunate one that probably wouldn't have had such a reaction if it had related to anyone other than me or Doc - and I am well aware that we are both somewhat controversial figures.
Where we did make a mistake, is the post quoted above was supposed to be removed. In fact, we thought it had been. We do not allow members to publicly call for the reporting of other members.
Understood, and your honesty is welcomed.
While we understand that trust in us, the moderators, will not be rebuilt overnight - we want all members to know that we are trying our best.
I think that has been noticed in general, with warnings given recently to people on both sides of the FECC civil war, so to speak, which was why the omission this evening was unfortunate.
A member cannot report something as a "personal attack" if it is not them being attacked.
You ask for comments and suggestions in your post, and I think this is something that could be revised. Not everyone who comes here does so on an hourly or daily basis like some of us sad people, and therefore a blatant attack on a member can easily be missed by the person at the blunt end of that attack. I don't see why it has to be the victim of the attack that reports the issue. An attack on another member is a breach of the rules, no matter who reports it. That doesn't mean I am suggesting that we all go around hunting out attacks by other members of the forum to report in the way that you said had happened in this instance, but I also don't see why a report by a different person makes it any less of an offence, or one that can be ignored. If X clearly attacks Y, then X shouldn't get away with it just because Y doesn't happen to come back here for four days and misses it.
by cs2003 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:15 pm
Not exactly fair.
This comment seems ridiculous. I don't care where or how someone gets warned. And, for the record, I got warned via private message a few days ago rather than in the public forum at all, and so DJC being warned while the topic is in a different section and less likely to be seen is hardly an issue or unfair treatment of others or preferential treatment of him.

That said, I'm not sure how I feel about the private message route for warnings. Again, the same rule for everyone, I would suggest: public warnings or private warnings - not a mix of the two - that way, no-one can be accused of receiving better treatment than others. And, that way, we can see that people are being treated in the same way for the same things. If private warnings are issued, then there is always the chance that others will feel that person has "got away with it" without knowing the full story, and that, in turn, will lead to resentment.

However, we appear to have made progress tonight, even if, perhaps, that wasn't expected or even intended by any side when it started. I think the special section, long discussed I believe, is a good thing for matters such as these and for, hopefully, being able to nip disquiet in the bud. I think the distrust in moderators that others have mentioned in this thread already is well known - from what we can gather, though, this is to do with previous mods rather than current ones. But, as we can see, it isn't going away overnight. As I said in my post earlier, the "these decisions cannot be discussed" issue is one of the biggest problems here, and has been for a long while, and it is very much a part of what was the fascist era here. If we now have a place where we can actually converse with moderators, and discuss decisions, and I hope we CAN do that as we are doing in this thread (although not for every little thing), then I'm thinking FECC can move forward. BUT, the people who wanted this section, or these opportunities, MUST NOT abuse it.

As an aside, on the subject of the fascist era, can I just say that it is nice to see that the Guidelines have been rewritten and stripped of the sections that looks as if they were written by Kim Jong Un, sitting at a dilapidated typewriter with only a red ink ribbon, and with steam coming out of his ears!

As a final note, I believe, and have believed for a long time, that a thumbs down button could be utilised on the board for posts that may not break rules but which are still "unhelpful" in our little society here. I'm not saying it should be used if people disagree with someone in what they have said, but it could be used in a way that is basically a disapproval of tone or attitude - a message to the member that this isn't what we want here. Would it be abused or misused? I don't know. But the thanks button is abused and misused anyway. People get thanked left, right and centre for derailing comments, sarcasm, off-topic posts, and so on. And nothing has to be permanent - it can be trialled and see what happens. But I do wonder if it would give people a better idea of what is and is not appreciated within our family here. If ever employed, though, I would suggest that it was used in an anonymous way - we don't need a list of names to see who disliked a post, just numbers (as on Youtube, for example). And I think things are made worse by the list of names saying who LIKED a post, too. The thumbs up/down buttons could just have numbers beside them. Knowing that one member thanked his buddy for sneezing isn't helping things on the board, IMO - and it just encourages the factions that we already have to remain.

As a final, final note - thank you to the mods who have responded to the feedback this evening. This is appreciated, and feels like a step forward.

EPA4368

Post by EPA4368 »

Moderator3 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:07 pm wrote:
FECC-Moderator on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:57 pm wrote:
Very well said!
Too many topics have been utterly destroyed by being derailed by off-topic discussion and in some cases personal attacks.
If the said off-topic posts are removed, we then get accused of favoritism. And accused of not being transparent.
Then, with this it is worried it will cause confusion? I think having a transparent moderation team that is willing to listen AND fix issues outweighs any minimal chances of "confusion".

I'm in total agreement with this one too... "I think having a transparent moderation team that is willing to listen AND fix issues outweighs any minimal chances of "confusion" but, like also said in an early post, it will not happen overnight.

Let the process take care of business and things will work out imo.

mike edwards66
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by mike edwards66 »

poormadpeter2 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:23 pm wrote:As a final note, I believe, and have believed for a long time, that a thumbs down button could be utilised on the board for posts that may not break rules but which are still "unhelpful" in our little society here.
No no no. The last thing we need on here are any more girlie-buttons.

Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

I think the 2 mods have fessed-up that they didn't get it exactly right so I feel we should cut them a little slack and give them the benefit of the doubt here.

It's fair to say that many members feel there's been a HUUUUGE problem on this forum for quite some time now as regards certain members riding roughshod over the rules and getting away with it while others have been hammered for minor indescretions. Yes, there is a lack of credibility due to that type of history but it was very honest of them to come out and acknowledge that. That's a big thing.

The mods have said they intend to treat everyone fairly from here on in, so I feel we should now draw a line under things and let them get on with it, remembering that actions speak louder than words. Best of luck in moderating the forum fairly guys. That's all that 99% of us would ask for. The positive steps so far are appreciated. Looking forward to a new fair and reasonable forum.