ELVIS last performance

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Toddman38
Registered for: 7 years 2 months

Re: ELVIS last performance

Post by Toddman38 »

YDKM wrote:
Ton Bruins wrote:I have information there exists a soundboard from his last show. The owner asks too much money for it though..same goes for Pittsburgh 1976..this soundboard is incomplete but it does exsist...
unfortunately this is becoming quite a problem... with good concerts not getting heard because of greedy people!~ :(

I agree, is a shame... Would love to own the last Concert, in hd on Bluray...

Even though, I feel EPE and PP dont want us to have it. As with Elvis' looks, and often monologe slurring, during this performance...

His performance of Unchained Melody, was amazing...

elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by elvisjock »

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:I knew that looked so familar! I used to have that TV Guide! I was staring at it wondering why it looked familar , besides looking the way I don't like to remember him....and just found the thread. I get a kick out of what else was on back then...!

By the way I'm partial to the 1998 upgrade of "Adios" on Rainbow Records with a new title and a fatter booklet with notes and photos.

I just miss some of the "sweetened" applause during the introductions or final comments.
There are differences in EQ over the various iterations of that stereo AR. One in particular (I think it's Final Farewell) is very muddy in comparison.

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Rockin_John
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by Rockin_John »

drjohncarpenter wrote:The ideal release of June 26, 1977 would mesh the in-line recording with the high-quality audience tape. It can be difficult to do from a technical standpoint, but it is not impossible. Such a historic occasion deserves the extra mile.

Agreed.

Keep on Rockin'

rlj4ep
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

YDKM wrote:
Ton Bruins wrote:I have information there exists a soundboard from his last show. The owner asks too much money for it though..same goes for Pittsburgh 1976..this soundboard is incomplete but it does exsist...
unfortunately this is becoming quite a problem... with good concerts not getting heard because of greedy people!~ :(
Agree, this is sad...

With respect to the two concerts mentioned by Ton Bruins, the audience copies are in reasonably good quality and it's good that they are available in some forms for collectors. So, let the greedy hold on to the tapes and hopefully they will enjoy them sitting on the shelf collecting dust!!!

rlj
Last edited by rlj4ep on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

karlos
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by karlos »

Regarding Elvis final show many items were released for the fans such as I_to enjoy _Elvis show at Indianapolis _is a testimony to his career .- He was very ill to tour and at the young age of 42 he was taken away from us -Long Live His Memory , Name and Legend forever

He is in heaven now -smiling down on us all - who have supported him and love him as a brother , etc _

here are some goodies that have emerged regarding this show and we have been fortunate and blessed to own