Interview With Sandi Miller

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Justintoelvis
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Post by Justintoelvis »

drjohncarpenter wrote:That's two questions. And I disagreed with your comment.

What did I interpret? That you have an inaccurate view of Elvis as "normal." Why do I disagree? Because he was not, especially after the fame hit.
My comment was her comment that she said in the interview, which she realized that Elvis was normal after meeting him (especially after the fame). I trust her opinion after reading her stories and I appreciate all the answers that she has given for the people on the message board. It's not that hard to figure that out after I cut and paste that partial statement from her interview. In other words, you disagree with my comment and hers (smh). All I wanted to do was to acknowledged what I learn from her and thank her for her time. I didn't ask for a Disagreeing Danny, Argumentative Andrew, or a Complicated Charlie :D

It may have been two questions but it was an open and closed question to get a conversation going between us. From the term in my philosophy book, you lack explanatory power. As an FECC friend/Elvis Collector colleague, you still didn't explain why he wasn't normal. Just saying "he was not" & "after the fame hit" don't quite sums it all up for me buddy. :wink:

Justin

Your time hasn't come yet baby
You got a lot of dreams to go
But when it does your heart will know...

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Justintoelvis wrote:

What did I interpret? That you have an inaccurate view of Elvis as "normal." Why do I disagree? Because he was not, especially after the fame hit.
My comment was her comment that she said in the interview, which she realized that Elvis was normal after meeting him (especially after the fame). I trust her opinion after reading her stories and I appreciate all the answers that she has given for the people on the message board. It's not that hard to figure that out after I cut and paste that partial statement from her interview. In other words, you disagree with my comment and hers (smh). All I wanted to do was to acknowledged what I learn from her and thank her for her time. I didn't ask for a Disagreeing Danny, Argumentative Andrew, or a Complicated Charlie :D

It may have been two questions but it was an open and closed question to get a conversation going between us. From the term in my philosophy book, you lack explanatory power. As an FECC friend/Elvis Collector colleague, you still didn't explain why he wasn't normal. Just saying "he was not" & "after the fame hit" don't quite sums it all up for me buddy. :wink:
You have a nice day. :smt023

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Justintoelvis

Post by Justintoelvis »

You too Charlie ::rocks

Justin

MountainMisst

Post by MountainMisst »

Justintoelvis wrote:It took me 3 or 4 days to read all the post that was on this thread. It saddens me that she hasn't been back since 2009. I would love to ask her more about her time with our man, Elvis.

Hi Justin,

Sandi is on Facebook - she is always lovely, friendly and easy to talk to.

In fact, a lot of Elvis' circle are readily available to chat with (not that I intrude on their privacy) lol.

If you message Sandi, and speak from the heart as you have here, you never know.

:D

Justintoelvis

Post by Justintoelvis »

MountainMisst wrote:
Justintoelvis wrote:It took me 3 or 4 days to read all the post that was on this thread. It saddens me that she hasn't been back since 2009. I would love to ask her more about her time with our man, Elvis.

Hi Justin,

In fact, a lot of Elvis' circle are readily available to chat with (not that I intrude on their privacy) lol.

If you message Sandi, and speak from the heart as you have here, you never know.

I took your sugestion and I requested her as a friend. Thanks for your advise.

This past few weeks, I have been reading past and current post more than I ever had in the 12 years I have been a FECC member. I have learn a lot from the fans and friends of Elvis here on this message board. I appreciate their research and expertise on our man Elvis. Been a collector and student to his Elvis' music and legacy since I was a boy, and I am still learning something new or see a picture of him that I never seen before.

Justin

MountainMisst

Post by MountainMisst »

Justintoelvis wrote:
MountainMisst wrote:

Hi Justin,

This past few weeks, I have been reading past and current post more than I ever had in the 12 years I have been a FECC member. I have learn a lot from the fans and friends of Elvis here on this message board. I appreciate their research and expertise on our man Elvis. Been a collector and student to his Elvis' music and legacy since I was a boy, and I am still learning something new or see a picture of him that I never seen before.

You are welcome. Sandi is one of the good ones. Money and self promotion aren't in her agenda, and in my observation, Sandi as Elvis' friend, truly loved and cared for him and tried to help, behind the scenes, in later decades, to set some of the lies and exaggerations straight about him. In my life experience, if someone isn't selling something, if they speak from the heart and don't hesitate to give detail, answer questions, and it makes sense, I'm more likely to believe them.

I have been advised, that some of the stories that were written in the books, weren't written in the context of what happened, the information was second or third hand, or described with an agenda. Sandi was there for some of the occurrences described in those books, she has different versions. Sandi also wasn't under the influence of anything, and kept a diary. A very diplomatic and special lady.

Sandi describes Elvis as a very good man.

TCB-FAN
Registered for: 15 years

Post by TCB-FAN »

MountainMisst wrote:
Justintoelvis wrote:
MountainMisst wrote:

Hi Justin,

You are welcome. Sandi is one of the good ones. Money and self promotion aren't in her agenda, and in my observation, Sandi as Elvis' friend, truly loved and cared for him and tried to help, behind the scenes, in later decades, to set some of the lies and exaggerations straight about him. In my life experience, if someone isn't selling something, if they speak from the heart and don't hesitate to give detail, answer questions, and it makes sense, I'm more likely to believe them.

I have been advised, that some of the stories that were written in the books, weren't written in the context of what happened, the information was second or third hand, or described with an agenda. Sandi was there for some of the occurrences described in those books, she has different versions. Sandi also wasn't under the influence of anything, and kept a diary. A very diplomatic and special lady.

Sandi describes Elvis as a very good man.

She really is a decent person, and her countless pictures taken of Elvis during the late 1960's & early 1970's are just beeeeauuuuutiful to say the least...here are a couple of her photos of E taken by her......

I think Sandi invented the selfie back in 1970 when she took this photo...lol

At the Rocca House, around 1966-68

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

MountainMisst

Post by MountainMisst »

TCB-FAN wrote:

She really is a decent person, and her countless pictures taken of Elvis during the late 1960's & early 1970's are just beeeeauuuuutiful to say the least...here are a couple of her photos of E taken by her......

I think Sandi invented the selfie back in 1970 when she took this photo...lol

At the Rocca House, around 1966-68

Thank you, TCB-FAN, great piccies. Always taken at the best angle available to her, with the background and frame, taken into consideration, too :D :D :D Piccies with a story :D

Justintoelvis

Post by Justintoelvis »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Justintoelvis wrote:

You have a nice day. :smt023
“LAMAR FIKE: I think Elvis just did what he wanted to do. He had no parameters. There was no line of demarcation. He moved the lines of behavior wherever he wanted them, and if he went too far, he moved them out farther. His discipline was nonexistent. And the more insulated he got, the stranger he got. You have to understand that you’re not dealing with a normal person. But then normal people don’t go into this business to start with. Or if they do, they aren’t normal when they get out of it.”

is this what you mean doc?

Justin

Trezyours
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

Post by Trezyours »

Justintoelvis wrote:It took me 3 or 4 days to read all the post that was on this thread. It saddens me that she hasn't been back since 2009. I would love to ask her more about her time with our man, Elvis. Every time she told a story about Elvis, I image the scene in my head. I can see it now, Elvis smoking outside of his home one night and talking to Sandi around the neighborhood for an hour. I can see him picking up Chinese food cartons and impersonating Tom Jones, Kennedy, and Donald Duck.

Elvis, was a normal human being that we wished we had a close friendship with, just like Sandi had. She was our eyes and ears for us fans to learn and enjoy on this thread. She must have been too busy with traveling, functions, and other commitments that kept her away from posting on here again.

On behave of all the fans on this site, I want to thank you for your time and attention that you gave to us and for us to revisit this thread anytime we want to. May you continue to delight the hearts of Elvis fans that enjoy your fond memories of a man we all love, Elvis Aron Presley.
Sandi Miller is very active on facebook and an admin in my facebook group called #TeamElvis. Link below. Feel free to join us. Sandi is still gracious as ever and her memories of Elvis are so honest and refreshing!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HashtagTeamElvis/

bluejays3577
** BANNED: FREQUENTLY RETURNING PERMA-BANNED MEMBER. PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "DARYL" **
** BANNED: FREQUENTLY RETURNING PERMA-BANNED MEMBER. PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "DARYL" **
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Post by bluejays3577 »

elvisjock wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:36 pm
drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisjock wrote:IIRC, this is the first mention of a Palm Springs trip in June of '77.
That caught my eye as well.

If Elvis went there, it had to be between June 3 and 16 -- or June 27 and 30 -- 1977.
When the Lisa Marie first opened for tours, there was a mockup of a flight status monitor in the reception area. The screen displayed the aircraft's flight log from Elvis' first flight in '75 through the funeral, IIRC. I remember seeing a Spring '77 trip to Vegas, but don't remember anything about Palm Springs.
Does anyone have a copy of the Lisa Marie's flight log and could they post it here.