America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

Guess Rachel was right...hmmmmmm...isn't it funny that it's the right wing extremists who are the ones calling her a conspiracy theorist?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trump Organization trial resumes as top executive testifies about tax avoidance schemes

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-organization-trial-resumes-top-executives-testimony-tax-avoidanc-rcna56642

The criminal trial of the Trump Organization resumed Thursday after a 10-day break with testimony from a senior vice president who described steps he and other executives would take to save themselves — and the company — money that should have gone toward taxes.

Senior Vice President Jeffrey McConney, whose positive Covid test Nov. 1 put the trial on hold a day after it started, returned to the stand to testify that he and other top Trump executives received their bonuses as “independent contractors,” even though they were full-time employees.

The designation meant the executives could make tax deductions they otherwise wouldn’t have been able to, and it allowed the company to pay less for Medicare and other taxes, said McConney, who is also the company’s controller.

Prosecutors in Manhattan charged the company with being involved in a 15-year tax fraud scheme.

McConney also testified that Allen Weisselberg, when he was the chief financial officer, and Chief Operating Officer Matthew Calamari were beneficiaries of the scheme and had the company pay for their apartments off the books to reduce their tax burden. In addition, both of the executives' salaries were reduced by the amounts their apartments cost, McConney said.

Asked whether former President Donald Trump, who was running the business at the time, was aware of the scheme, McConney said Weisselberg told him that Trump knew about it.

Trump has denied any wrongdoing, and he and Calamari have not been charged in the case. Weisselberg, 75, pleaded guilty in August to multiple tax fraud charges.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Wow...

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

I am told by a person inside both the Democrat and the Republican Parties LOL, that the November surprise the former President will have this coming week for all americans is to announce he will run, but as an independent, thus taking with him 60 out of the 70 million people who voted for him, twice. So it is up to the Democrat party to come up with a candidate that can beat not just Trump, that will be easy, but the candidate the Republican choose,. which will be probably even easier. It will be Biden with 90 million votes, this time. So hooray for Colombia, sorry, I meant Cambodia. !!

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

The only reason Trump (Hitler) is doing this is because he thinks it's going to protect him legally-speaking. It's not. Man, is he in for a surprise...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wanna see Merrick Garland indict him right after he announces he's going to run. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Justice Department weighing decision to charge Trump in Mar-a-Lago documents case

https://www.msnbc.com/jose-diaz-balart/watch/justice-department-weighing-decision-to-charge-trump-in-mar-a-lago-documents-case-153239109853

The Department of Justice is weighing a decision on whether or not to charge former President Trump after documents were found at his Mar-a-Lago estate. NBC's Ken Dilanian reports.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Dems win Nevada, and thus control of the SENATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people have spoken: MAGA is dead.

And America has indeed come back strong.

And you can take THAT to the BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
dems-win-senate.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

dark-brandon-malarkey.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Whoops. Another MAGA loss in a GOP stronghold. Guess it wasn't such a great decision to roll back women's rights after all, eh, Trumpers?

A great decision made by Washington's voters. :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Dem Beats MAGA Candidate to Flip House Seat in Washington

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dem-marie-gluesenkamp-perez-beats-maga-candidate-joe-kent-for-house-seat-in-washington?ref=home

Democrat Marie Gluesenkamp Perez scored a stunning upset victory in Washington state on Saturday, beating Donald Trump-endorsed Republican Joe Kent for a House seat in a district that was long dominated by the GOP, according to the Associated Press. Kent, who has spoken out publicly in support of accused Jan. 6 rioters and denied that the 2020 presidential election was legitimate, had defeated Republican Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler in a primary after Beutler became one of only two GOPers in the state to vote in favor of impeaching Trump. But Gluesenkamp Perez, an auto shop owner and the daughter of a Mexican immigrant, won the House seat in a district that Trump had won two years earlier. Gluesenkamp Perez had campaigned heavily on abortion rights. “We won. I am humbled, honored, and grateful,” she wrote in a statement on Facebook late Saturday. “I pledge to work every day to live up to the responsibility placed in me. I will defend our rights. I will protect our democracy. And I will deliver the help working and middle class families need.”

iplayastrat
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by iplayastrat »

Jaime1234 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:30 am
I am told by a person inside both the Democrat and the Republican Parties LOL, that the November surprise the former President will have this coming week for all americans is to announce he will run, but as an independent...

Now that's an interesting thought.

It's really something the Democrats should hope for. It would
guarantee a Democratic win for the next presidential election.

Got to wonder what the United States will look like after four
straight years of sky-high inflation, no borders to speak of, crime,
defund the police etc. etc...?

Maybe America deserves this as punishment for putting the wrong
people in office. We reap what we sow.

My escape from society continues...

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

What happened to that supposed "red wave"?

Oh, yes, it's right here!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ZTC3JUYTS5BHTKFTXM4MJHHXMU.gif

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
4EBF8FB4-62A5-414D-B5A3-3C6F4C762BCB.png

MaryAnn
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by MaryAnn »

iplayastrat wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:13 pm
Jaime1234 wrote:
I am told by a person inside both the Democrat and the Republican Parties LOL, that the November surprise the former President will have this coming week for all americans is to announce he will run, but as an independent...

Exactly. We reap what we sow.
MAGA Republicans need to take a long, hard look at the results of this election and the voters’ reaction to what they have sown: ugly racism, division, misinformation, and violent insurrection against our democracy.
MAGA Republicans and those who enabled them by their silence are on the wrong side of history. History will judge them — and so will voters.

Topic author
mike edwards66
Registered for: 12 years

Post by mike edwards66 »

Mike C wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:45 pm
Gee, here's a voting results map which the mainstream media are strangely not showing. Gee, I wonder why?

Oh my gosh! The popular vote! Some guys on here LOVE the popular vote . . . under certain circumstances.

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

Topic author
mike edwards66

Post by mike edwards66 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:28 am
mike edwards66 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:51 am
Trump at his best . . .
Are you saying you wouldn't take Trump's economy right now. Of course, you would.

>>>

Topic author
mike edwards66

Post by mike edwards66 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:19 am
mike edwards66 wrote:
Trump at his best . . .
Are you saying you wouldn't take Trump's borders right now. Of course, you would.

>>>

Mike C
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Mike C »

iplayastrat wrote:
Jaime1234 wrote:

It reminds me of The New York City Mayoral Race of 1989. The voters chose David Dinkins over Rudy Giuliani even though crime was awful. After the election, crime became even worse and Rudy won in 1993.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

mike edwards66 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:30 am
Mike C wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:45 pm
Gee, here's a voting results map which the mainstream media are strangely not showing. Gee, I wonder why?

Oh my gosh! The popular vote! Some guys on here LOVE the popular vote . . . under certain circumstances.
Especially, since the popular vote is the only manner in which the House of Representatives is elected!

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

MaryAnn
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by MaryAnn »

Obviously, our elections are under a microscope, so accuracy is paramount — and accuracy takes time. Representatives of BOTH parties are involved in every step of the process.
Think we have some sore losers on our hands. Learning how to be a gracious loser is a valuable life lesson. It happens to all of us sooner or later,

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

MaryAnn wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:13 am
Obviously, our elections are under a microscope, so accuracy is paramount — and accuracy takes time. Representatives of BOTH parties are involved in every step of the process.
Think we have some sore losers on our hands. Learning how to be a gracious loser is a valuable life lesson. It happens to all of us sooner or later,
Exactly. You know what democrats have never done? They have never committed a January 6th event even after losing an election.

And you can take THAT to the BANK.

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

mike edwards66 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:37 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:19 am
mike edwards66 wrote:
Trump at his best . . .
Are you saying you wouldn't take Trump's borders right now. Of course, you would.
That would be fine if that were actually reality. But nope. That's just another republican lie because they don't have the facts to back them up in that regard.

Spreading fake outrage does not an argument make.

No, There's No Border Crisis. Republicans Are Perpetuating Another Big Lie

https://www.newsweek.com/no-theres-no-border-crisis-republicans-are-perpetuating-another-big-lie-opinion-1579671

Republicans are outraged—outraged!—at the surge of migrants at the southern border.

House minority leader Kevin McCarthy has declared it a crisis, "created by the presidential policies of this new administration." Arizona congressman Andy Biggs has claimed that "right now is probably the most dramatic [surge] I've seen at the border in my lifetime." In a statement released last Tuesday, Former President Donald Trump was outraged. "Our country is being destroyed!" he proclaimed, blaming the Biden administration for "causing death and human tragedy."

But in fact, despite the surging hysteria from Republican ranks, there is no surge of migrants at the border.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection apprehended 28 percent more migrants from January to February this year than in previous months. But this was largely seasonal. Two years ago, apprehensions increased 31 percent during the same period. Three years ago, it was about 25 percent from February to March.

Migrants start coming when winter ends and the weather gets a bit warmer, then stop coming in the hotter summer months when the desert is deadly.

To be sure, there is a humanitarian crisis of children detained in overcrowded border facilities. And an even worse humanitarian tragedy in the violence and political oppression in Central America, worsened by U.S. policies over the years, that's driving migration in the first place.

But the "surge" has been fabricated by Republicans in order to stoke fear—and, not incidentally, to justify changes in laws they say are necessary to prevent non-citizens from voting.

Republicans continue to allege—without proof—that the 2020 election was rife with fraudulent ballots, many from undocumented immigrants. Over the past six weeks, they've introduced 250 bills in 43 states designed to make it harder for people to vote— especially the young, the poor, Black people, and Hispanic-Americans, all of whom are likely to vote for Democrats—by eliminating mail-in ballots, reducing times for voting, decreasing the number of drop-off boxes, demanding proof of citizenship, and even making it a crime to give water to people waiting in line to vote.

To stop this, Democrats are trying to enact a sweeping voting rights bill called the For the People Act, which protects voting, ends partisan gerrymandering, and keeps dark money out of elections. It already passed the House, but Republicans in the Senate are fighting it with more lies.

On Wednesday, the Texas Republican senator Ted Cruz falsely claimed the new bill would register millions of undocumented immigrants to vote and accused Democrats of wanting the most violent criminals to cast ballots, too.

The core message of the Republican party now consists of lies about a "crisis" of violent immigrants crossing the border, lies that they're voting illegally, and blatantly anti-democratic restrictions on voting to counter these trumped-up crises.

What has happened to the party that once championed lower taxes, smaller government, states' rights and a strong national defense? Donald Trump isn't single-handedly responsible for this transformation, but he demonstrated to the GOP the political potency of bigotry.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Twitter collapse, Meta collapse, crypto collapse, GOP collapse, Russian retreat from Kherson, Ukraine....

What an incredible week it has been. The world is waking up.

Roll back women's rights? Eff around and find out...

And you can take THAT to the BANK!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

iplayastrat
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by iplayastrat »

Mike C wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:37 am
iplayastrat wrote:
Jaime1234 wrote:

It reminds me of The New York City Mayoral Race of 1989. The voters chose David Dinkins over Rudy Giuliani even though crime was awful. After the election, crime became even worse and Rudy won in 1993.

It's unfortunate that things have to get that bad.
Democrats failures always brings in the Republicans
to clean things up. America never learns.

My escape from society continues...

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

iplayastrat wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:16 am
It's unfortunate that things have to get that bad.
Democrats failures always brings in the Republicans
to clean things up.
America never learns.

:smt003

You live in a dream world.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

mike edwards66 wrote:
Trump at his best . . .

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!