America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Mike C
Registered for: 21 years

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by Mike C »

Clearly, Brian you do not practice law. I was referring to the two cases DOJ attorney Jack Smith has brought against Trump. The DOJ is a part of the Executive Branch and controlled by Biden as it reports to him.

The MSNBC legal analysts are not helping you with your legal training.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Mike C wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:57 pm
Clearly, Brian you do not practice law. I was referring to the two cases DOJ attorney Jack Smith has brought against Trump. The DOJ is a part of the Executive Branch and controlled by Biden as it reports to him.

Our smug forum fascist shows his ignorance yet again. It's sad.

The Attorney General of the United States is in charge of the Department of Justice, and operates independently. Under most administrations, a "culture of independence" has held firm.

The most notable exceptions have been under Republican presidents Nixon and Trump. It is no coincidence that the former resigned from office rather than be impeached, while the latter was impeached twice while in office.

Does the president have control over the Department of Justice?
https://scrippsnews.com/stories/does-the-president-have-control-over-the-department-of-justice/

If the current president was as controlling as the right-wing media would have you believe, there would never have been any investigations of his son. But he has been consistently clear in keeping the DOJ independent. As it should always be.

The United States Department of Justice (DOJ), also known as the Justice Department, is a federal executive department of the United States government tasked with the enforcement of federal law and administration of justice in the United States. It is equivalent to the justice or interior ministries of other countries. The department is headed by the U.S. attorney general, who reports directly to the president of the United States and is a member of the president's Cabinet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Justice

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

drjohncarpenter

Good morning from right-wing cable outlet Fox "News."

:D

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by BrianTCB »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:44 pm
Mike C wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:57 pm

Our smug forum fascist shows his ignorance yet again. It's sad.

The Attorney General of the United States is in charge of the Department of Justice, and operates independently. Under most administrations, a "culture of independence" has held firm.

The most notable exceptions have been under Republican presidents Nixon and Trump. It is no coincidence that the former resigned from office rather than be impeached, while the latter was impeached twice while in office.

Does the president have control over the Department of Justice?
https://scrippsnews.com/stories/does-the-president-have-control-over-the-department-of-justice/

If the current president was as controlling as the right-wing media would have you believe, there would never have been any investigations of his son. But he has been consistently clear in keeping the DOJ independent. As it should always be.

The United States Department of Justice (DOJ), also known as the Justice Department, is a federal executive department of the United States government tasked with the enforcement of federal law and administration of justice in the United States. It is equivalent to the justice or interior ministries of other countries. The department is headed by the U.S. attorney general, who reports directly to the president of the United States and is a member of the president's Cabinet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Justice
:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

obama-mic-drop.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

What's sad is a medical doctor claiming they understand the Constitutional structure of the DOJ and Executive Branch. Who knew that Scripps and Wikipedia are now sources for valid legal information?

Hint: They are not. Go ahead, add them as sources to your next legal brief.

If the AG reports to Biden and is a member of his cabinet, then the AG and the office he runs follow the orders of Biden. In a New York Times piece two years ago, it was reported that :"Biden has reportedly grown frustrated with US Attorney General Merrick Garland, who is investigating the riot, according to people close to the president. The president has described Garland as a "ponderous judge" and said he wants to see him take more "decisive action" regarding the Capitol siege, according to The Times." That was a not so subtle directive to prosecute Trump. Immediately thereafter, Garland appointed Jack Smith to begin his investigations which has begotten two federal filings.

https://www.businessinsider.com/president-biden-believes-trump-should-be-prosecuted-for-jan-6-riot-nyt-2022-4

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/02/us/politics/merrick-garland-biden-trump.html

Moreover, recall that former AG Eric Holder (while serving as the AG) proudly declared himself to be President Obama's "wingman" in an interview with Tom Joyner from April of 2013.

"I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy. So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show.
https://www.politico.com/blogs/politico44/2013/04/eric-holder-im-still-the-presidents-wingman-160861

Better go back and take Constitutional Law again, my friends!

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

drjohncarpenter

Idiocy. Unending fascist idiocy.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

drjohncarpenter

Mike C wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:35 pm
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:04 am
"as your say"

:roll:

This thread isn't "full of 'fascism'" but your unyielding, years-long support for the ex-president makes you a proponent of fascism.

At least be man enough to admit who you are on this forum.

You prefer fascism.

You know who NEVER did?

Elvis Presley.

:smt006

Nope, I prefer liberty over tyranny.

"liberty"

Like the way your hero worked to install SCOTUS members who overturned established law, Roe v Wade?

Women are now miscarrying stillborn in emergency room hallways, being refused medical care, because of what YOUR hero accomplished.

Only a fascist like you calls such events "liberty.'

November cannot come soon enough. Same for criminal conviction of your fascist hero.

Maybe you'll shut up then.

:smt006

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

The truth from Mark Hamill. :D :D :D :D :D

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

Mark Hamill is now wondering why is the former Pres. now worth an additional 4 billion, on top of the miserable 2.3 billion he was already worth. ? This is not judicious. The NYT is helping him win.

Close the paper!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/23/business/trump-media-stake.html

drjohncarpenter

Jaime1234 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:53 pm
Mark Hamill is now wondering why is the former Pres. now worth an additional 4 billion, on top of the miserable 2.3 billion he was already worth. ? This is not judicious. The NYT is helping him win.

Close the paper!!

Yes, the guy with "an additional 4 billion, on top of the miserable 2.3 billion he was already worth" cannot even cover a $175 million bond in his civil fraud case without having to borrow the money, or fund his presidential campaign without ransacking the RNC and begging his followers for donations.

The delusion of the forum Trumpers is profound and inane.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Jaime1234 wrote:

Close the paper!!

"Don't inject bleach. And don't vote for the guy who told you to inject bleach."

Sound advice for our forum Trumpers. :wink:

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Sounds like Mark and Rudy will be "unindicted coconspirator 1's" bunkmates in federal "pound me in the @$$ prison."

Good! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark Meadows, Rudy Giuliani and Arizona 'fake electors' charged with state crimes

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trumps-2020-fake-electors-charged-state-crimes-arizona-rcna149214

A state grand jury in Arizona on Wednesday indicted Trump aides including Rudy Giuliani, Mark Meadows and Boris Epshteyn, as well as so-called "fake electors" who backed then-President Donald Trump in 2020, after a sprawling investigation into the alleged efforts to overturn Joe Biden’s win in the presidential election in the state.

One month after the 2020 election, 11 Trump supporters convened at the Arizona GOP’s headquarters in Phoenix to sign a certificate claiming to be Arizona’s 11 electors to the Electoral College, though Biden won the state by 10,457 votes and state officials certified his electors. The state Republican Party documented the signing of the certificate in a social media post and sent it to Congress and the National Archives.

Trump is described as “Unindicted Coconspirator 1” in the indictment, which includes charges of conspiracy, fraud and forgery. The document also describes people who have been charged in the case but have not yet been served and whose names are redacted: Meadows, Trump's former White House chief of staff; Giuliani, the former New York City mayor and Trump attorney; Epshteyn, a Trump campaign official and attorney; former Trump campaign and White House official Mike Roman; former Trump attorney Jenna Ellis; former Trump attorney Christina Bobb; and John Eastman, another attorney and Trump legal adviser in the aftermath of the 2020 election.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Looks like this website, left of center, thinks the Supreme Court will rule the proper way..

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/25/supreme-court-trump-immunity-prosecuton

drjohncarpenter

Jaime1234 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 am
Looks like this website, left of center, thinks the Supreme Court will rule the proper way..

Axios is not "left of center." The "proper way"? The article indicates SCOTUS may punt the case back to the lower court.

For the millions who consider the Roberts Court corrupt and compromised, this was exactly the goal from the start. Instead of never taking the case, which every justice knows is insane, they added it to their schedule. It has consumed a lot of time already, and the delay will be extended if they punt.

Mission accomplished.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Jaime1234 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 am

I'm glad that you agree that tyrants and fascists such as Trump (Hitler) are not above the law and that they should not receive ANY immunity. THAT is the PROPER way.

:smt023

drjohncarpenter

Jaime1234 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 am
Here's some news from the leftist NYT. https://www.nytco.com/press/a-statement-from-the-new-york-times-on-presidential-news-coverage/

You clearly do not read any of the publications you share with a link.

Honestly, you do not operate in the real world.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

I operate in the minds of folks who allow me, every day, to live rent free in their minds by either commenting on something I have written, or by thanking the member who has made the comment. We well see in November who is right and who is wrong, namely about what folks in this forum, not at the NYT, feel will happen in the upcoming elections. And just keep buying my records, in other words, commenting on what I write. I am honoured every time forum members comment on whatever I have written, in particular when other members thank the one who has made the comment. United they stand, which is fantastic for me, to be given all that importance by such a large group of forum members.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Awwwwwww. Trumpty Dumpty not fit for being president after all. Who woulda thought?

Sorry to break the news, Trumpers.

I'm really not.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

BrianTCB wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:32 pm
Jaime1234 wrote:

Close the paper!!

"Don't inject bleach. And don't vote for the guy who told you to inject bleach."

Incredibly smart to qote what then Pres. Trump said years ago. And I say smart because CNN has published today, a poll that expresses that a majority of the people dont see ANYTHING as simply as that. In fact, CNN ( the organizatioon which has done the most to discredit anything the former President Donald Trump has ever done, previous, during, and after his administration, let alone all the way to his current run for the Presidency,), has just stated, dated today, that he

" continues to hold an advantage over President Joe Biden as the campaign – and the former president’s criminal trial – move forward" . Moreover, they note that "in the coming rematch, opinions about the first term of each man vying for a second four years in the White House now appear to work in Trump’s favor, with most Americans saying that, looking back, Trump’s term as president was a success, while a broad majority says Biden’s has so far been a failure.

But "better" news can be read if one reads the entire article

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/28/politics/cnn-poll-trump-biden-matchup/index.html

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

BrianTCB wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:32 pm
Jaime1234 wrote:

Close the paper!!

Incredibly dandy to quote what then Pres. Trump said years ago. And I say dandy because CNN has published today, a poll that expresses that a majority of the people dont see ANYTHING as simply as that.

In fact, CNN ( the news organization which along with MSNBC has done the most to discredit ANYTING the former President Donald Trump has ever done, previous, during, and after his 2016-2020 administration, let alone all the way to his current run for the Presidency), has just stated, in an article dated today, that the former President and I quote

" continues to hold an advantage over President Joe Biden as the campaign – and the former president’s criminal trial – move forward" } Unquote. Moreover, they note that, and I again quote "in the coming rematch, opinions about the first term of each man vying for a second four years in the White House now appear to work in Trump’s favor, with most Americans saying that, looking back, Trump’s term as president was a success, while a broad majority says Biden’s has so far been a failure.

But "better" news can be read if one reads the entire article

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/28/politics/cnn-poll-trump-biden-matchup/index.html

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

And here is Van Jones, who certainly knows more about what the Democrtas themsevves know about the current President than any poster here, Democrat, Republican, independent, or none of the above, as is my case.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/W87JX9dAgCw

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

According to Gallup, the sitting preisent will ...........win in November https://news.gallup.com/poll/644252/biden-13th-quarter-approval-average-lowest-historically.aspx