How do you explain a Trump presidency to your kids?

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Mike C
Registered for: 21 years

Re: How do you explain a Trump presidency to your kids?

Post by Mike C »

What amazes me most is that the DOJ is arguing about the need to secure sensitive files form potential foreign threats in justifying the unprecedented raid and yet they post a picture of what the files look like!! :?

I am also completely confused by Joe's speech on Thursday and his walk back of it yesterday.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:48 pm
What amazes me most is that the DOJ is arguing about the need to secure sensitive files form potential foreign threats in justifying the unprecedented raid and yet they post a picture of what the files look like!! :?

I am also completely confused by Joe's speech on Thursday and his walk back of it yesterday.

You just don't like anything against Trump. That doesn't matter. Justice will be done. Against Trump. Doesn't matter what any of you think.

Thank God for AG Merrick Garland!!!

I don't think that's what Biden did at all. He was just saying that just because you voted for Trump doesn't mean that you are dangerous.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:26 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:41 am
Mike C wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

Comedy gold, Doc!! When is your next stand-up appearance?

Perhaps, you take a look at what a former assistant director of intelligence for the FBI wrote in The Hill today. The Hill is not exactly a bastion of conservatism.

And, as former FBI official, he would know a lot about search warrants than the unnamed intelligence officials quoted by the New York Times or Washington Post, as well as all of the legal analysts trotted out on cable news! I have posted the piece for our edification below.

[snip propaganda]
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Brian, why don't you respond the analysis and opinion in The Hill piece? Knocking down his analysis is how arguments are won inside courtrooms daily.

Your unwillingness to do so simply weakens your position.
Your unwillingness to consider anything against Trump gives you zero position.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:03 pm
Mike C wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:26 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:41 am
Mike C wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:16 am

Comedy gold, Doc!! When is your next stand-up appearance?

Perhaps, you take a look at what a former assistant director of intelligence for the FBI wrote in The Hill today. The Hill is not exactly a bastion of conservatism.

And, as former FBI official, he would know a lot about search warrants than the unnamed intelligence officials quoted by the New York Times or Washington Post, as well as all of the legal analysts trotted out on cable news! I have posted the piece for our edification below.

[snip propaganda]
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Brian, why don't you respond the analysis and opinion in The Hill piece? Knocking down his analysis is how arguments are won inside courtrooms daily.

Your unwillingness to do so simply weakens your position.
Your unwillingness to consider anything against Trump gives you zero position.
I am willing to consider anything against Trump -- but we have to see actual evidence, not leaked details in the Deep State's favored media organs.

That is why I am in complete support of releasing the un-redacted affidavit attached to the warrant. Whole pages were blacked out. Why? I can see blacking out names and addresses but whole pages?

Based on the response of the DOJ to the special master request, the DOJ now plans to pursue an obstruction of an investigation charge. But just two weeks ago, the Deep State's media told us Tump had "nuclear secrets" which violate the Atomic Energy Act. What happened to the nuclear secrets crime?

We are watching Russian Gate 2.0 with the Deep State and the Dems executing the same playbook -- laundering "details" through their same favored reporters. IMHO, the FBI and DOJ went fishing on August 8th at Mar-a-Largo and came up empty. Hence, they have moved onto process crimes.
Last edited by Mike C on Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:02 pm
Mike C wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:48 pm

I don't think that's what Biden did at all. He was just saying that just because you voted for Trump doesn't mean that you are dangerous.
Wait! On Thursday he said Trump's supporters "represent extremism" threatening the nation and the next day he took it back. If one voted for Trump, isn't such a voter by definition a "supporter" of him and a threat to our Republica per his Thursday speech?
Last edited by Mike C on Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Disclaimer: I am not calling anyone fascists. Just reposting the facts from Twitter.

Last edited by BrianTCB on Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Poll gauges support for prosecuting Trump in classified docs scandal

As Quinnipiac's analyst put it, “While the Justice Department weighs the evidence, Americans have been watching closely and have their own verdict."

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/poll-gauges-support-prosecuting-trump-classified-docs-scandal-rcna45881?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

Donald Trump and his team aren’t just outraged by the Justice Department’s investigation into the Republican’s Mar-a-Lago scandal, they’re also assuming that the American mainstream agrees with them.

As we recently discussed, Eric Trump appeared on a conservative outlet last week, for example, and said, in reference to the FBI’s Aug. 8 search,

“The whole country is revolting over it.” Kimberly Guilfoyle, identified as a senior advisor to the former president, also recently took to the airwaves, making the case that the United States had rallied behind the Republican as a result of the FBI executing a court-approved search warrant.

Several recent polls, however, have pointed in the opposite direction, including the latest NBC News poll that found 57% of the public agreeing that investigation into Trump’s alleged wrongdoing should continue.

But a Quinnipiac poll released yesterday went a little further down the same road. Bloomberg reported:

Former President Donald Trump should be prosecuted over his handling of classified documents after his departure from the White House, according to half of Americans, a Quinnipiac University poll shows. As details are released about the FBI’s recovery of material from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, the poll found 50% of those surveyed say Trump should face criminal charges, while 41% do not.

This is not what it looks like when a “whole country is revolting” in response to a federal investigation.

Indeed, there’s no real good news for Team Trump in the survey data. Quinnipiac found that Americans are interested in the scandal — 76% are following the controversy — and 59% believe the former president acted inappropriately.

What’s more, 64% believe the allegations are serious — 49% said “very serious.”

Tim Malloy, a Quinnipiac University polling analyst, added in the survey report, “While the Justice Department weighs the evidence, Americans have been watching closely and have their own verdict: Former President Trump’s alleged hoarding of classified documents was very serious, very wrong, and half of Americans believe it was a criminal act.”

Circling back to our earlier coverage, the results aren’t altogether surprising. Trump is not widely popular, and he’s been accused of serious wrongdoing. It stands to reason that the American mainstream would support an investigation and legal consequences.

But the fact that the results are predictable doesn’t mean they’re unimportant. For one thing, the data suggests Team Trump’s public-relations offensive hasn’t been especially effective: Rank-and-file Republicans have largely accepted the talking points from the former president and conservative media outlets, but that’s far from a national majority.

For another, the polling evidence suggests that Team Trump’s assumptions about public attitudes are more wishful thinking than honest assessments.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Disclaimer: I am not calling anyone fascists. Just reposting the facts from Twitter.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Amazing, Brian, how all of your "facts" from Twitter are nothing more than doctored pictures! Given there are 74 million Trump voters who "fascists" according Biden, you should be able to locate photos, no?

Man, Joe's speech really went over like the Hindenburg!

I have to admit this was my favorite take on his speech. Love the allusion to Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom. :lol:

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

And you took the bait, too, Mike C. Hook. Line. Sinker.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still can’t believe the GOP took President Biden’s bait on this one

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/i-still-cant-believe-the-gop-took-president-bidens-bait-on-this-one/46954/

It’s fun watching congressional Republican leaders try to claim that President Biden has insulted “half the country” by calling out Donald Trump and his scumbag support base. Republican leaders are walking right into a trap when it comes to this.

Polling shows that a majority of Americans want Trump criminally charged. Polling also consistently shows that about half of Republican voters want someone other than Trump as their 2024 nominee. Yet the Republican Party leadership still clings to Trump’s political carcass.

Watching Joe Biden bait all these midterm Republican candidates into loudly defending Trump, given how toxically unpopular Trump is with general election audiences, is a thing of beauty. The kicker is that the Republicans didn’t have to take this bait. They could have just said nothing in response to Biden’s speech, and tried to prevent the speech from gaining enough oxygen to get any lasting media coverage either way.

But one of the remarkable parts about Donald Trump’s downfall is that in spite of being out of the game, he still has loyalist zombies like Kevin McCarthy and Ronna McDaniel in key Republican leadership positions. If these types wanted to do something smart for the Republicans’ midterm chances, they’d cut off Trump entirely. But because McCarthy and McDaniel are only in their current positions because Trump put them there, they wouldn’t last five minutes if they tried steering the party into its inevitable post-Trump landscape.

And so, even as Donald Trump becomes more toxically unpopular than ever, and even as the Feds prepare to arrest him for espionage in a way that’ll make him even more radioactive with mainstream voters, the Republican Party is marrying itself to Trump’s ghost more loudly than ever. Good. Hopefully the Republicans will continue to make this mistake all the way through November.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:03 am
Amazing, Brian, how all of your "facts" from Twitter are nothing more than doctored pictures! Given there are 74 million Trump voters who "fascists" according Biden, you should be able to locate photos, no?

Man, Joe's speech really went over like the Hindenburg!

[snip]

I have to admit this was my favorite take on his speech. Love the allusion to Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom. :lol:

[snip]

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

You live in a fantasy world, Brian! Say hello to Don Quixote and the wind mills for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back in the real world, you have to love the juxtaposition of these two headings this week!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Mike C on Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:12 am
BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:06 am

You live in fantasy world! Say hello to Don Quixote and the wind mills for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not the one ranting about windmills. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trump Immediately Starts Ranting About Windmills When Asked How Ukraine Conflict Will End

The former president on the potential for World War III: "The windmills. They don't work. They're too expensive. They kill all the birds. They ruin your landscapes."

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-windmill-rant-nelk-boys-podcast-ukraine-conflict-1319321/

Donald Trump hasn’t had a great feel for how to respond to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. He started by calling it “genius.” Then, days later, he called it a “Holocaust.” He’s bashed President Biden for being weak, but when asked what he would do differently, he said he couldn’t say.

The former president doesn’t seem to have anything coherent to add about how the conflict might end, either. When he was asked about what to expect going forward during a recent appearance on the podcast of the popular creator collective the Nelk Boys, Trump’s thoughts turned to … windmills.

“What do you see happening next, then?” Trump was asked. “It seems like the tensions are high. How does this all end? Is this going to be a long-term thing? How do you see this unfolding?”

“Well, and I said this a long time ago, we are playing right into their hands with the green energy,” Trump began. “The windmills. They don’t work. They’re too expensive. They kill all the birds. They ruin your landscapes. Yet, the environmentalists love the windmills. I’ve been preaching this for years. The windmills. I had them way down. The windmills are the most expensive energy you can have, and they don’t work. They last a period of 10 years and by the time they start rusting and rotting all over the place nobody ever takes them down. They just go onto the next piece of prairie or land and destroy that. It’s incredible.”

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:14 am
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:

You live in a fantasy world! Say hello to Don Quixote and the wind mills for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not the one ranting about windmills
Clearly, you have never read Miguel de Cervantes' epic novel! You should as it is an excellent book. Read the novel in high school and loved it.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:17 am
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:

You live in a fantasy world! Say hello to Don Quixote and the wind mills for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Clearly, you have never read Miguel de Cervantes' epic novel! You should as it is an excellent book. Read the novel in high school and loved it.
Clearly, you're not acknowledging clear and present mental instability from the former - and always will be - President. But the tiniest thing sets you off about Biden?

The I Hate Biden brigade still going strong.

Clearly, I'm not the one living in a fantasy land.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:52 am
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:

Clearly, you're not acknowledging clear and present mental instability from the former - and always will be - President. But the tiniest thing sets you off about Biden?

Yes, they are called the mainstream media. :lol: :lol:

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:11 am
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:

I see somebody has trouble accepting fact. The education of Mike C. continues.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

You don't have to dress like a brown shirt to look like a fascist...
XUiyP4S.jpg
Meanwhile at the Trump rally last night, Trump levied an attack against Biden "as an enemy of the state" in front of his fascist white supremacist enablers.
gtW4sxm.png
And, of course, then we have the delightful recap below:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:57 am
Mike C wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:11 am
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:

I see somebody has trouble accepting fact. The education of Mike C. continues.

If you are "educating" me, then I want the Biden crew to cancel my student loan debt!!

Seems i am educating you given that you are stealing my lines.

Speaking of educating, it seems the Biden DOJ has some explaining to do!!

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

You're bothered by me using your "phrasing" but aren't bothered by the fact that TFG stole thousands of documents that were the property of the United States Government? Not to mention committing espionage and treason?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Here ya go, direct from the Cannon filing:

“In its initial review of materials within those boxes, NARA identified items marked as classified national security information, up to the level of Top Secret and including Sensitive Compartmented Information and Special Access Program materials. NARA informed the Department of Justice about that discovery.”

Source: https://t.co/UszsfPCVYv

:facep: :facep: :facep: :facep:

You (and that dude above) lose.

And thus continues the education of Mike C.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:04 pm
You're bothered by me using your "phrasing" but aren't bothered by the fact that TFG stole thousands of documents that were the property of the United States Government? Not to mention committing espionage and treason?

“In its initial review of materials within those boxes, NARA identified items marked as classified national security information, up to the level of Top Secret and including Sensitive Compartmented Information and Special Access Program materials. NARA informed the Department of Justice about that discovery.”

That does not answer the question. They have changed their story as the SCI items are not listed in the detailed inventory list. So, the DOJ has now changed its story. What happened?

If they were wrong initially, they should amend their initial filing -- otherwise they are lying to the court!

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:23 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:04 pm

That does not answer the question. They have changed their story as the SCI items are not listed in the detailed inventory list. So, the DOJ has now changed its story. What happened?

If they were wrong initially, they should amend their initial filing -- otherwise they are lying to the court!
Dubious legal arguments from right wingers that will never make it to the courtroom.

Trump is going down.

32457.jpg
screenshot_trumpbars_twitter_05192021.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Brian, seriously, why are you unwilling to answer a simple question? It is not a "dubious legal argument" to point out that the detailed inventory list submitted by the DOJ no longer lists any SCI material. Rather it is quite relevant because if there were no SCI files, then none of the the statutes citied by the DOJ cited would apply.

Your statement above is simply conclusionary and has no factual basis to support it. I am still awaiting a satisfactory answer from you and the DOJ on this key discrepancy.

Mike Davis is a former DOJ criminal lawyer so he knows what he is talking about. You ignore his insights at your own peril.

By the way, you never answered my question. Have you ever read Don Quioxte?
Last edited by Mike C on Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Trying to defend the indefensible. Unable and unwilling to admit that Trump stole the documents with nuclear info and committed treason and espionage of the highest order.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That's the definition of insanity.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:05 pm
Trying to defend the indefensible. Unable and unwilling to admit that Trump stole the documents with nuclear info and committed treason and espionage of the highest order.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That's the definition of insanity.
Wow, the hatred of the Orange Man seems to have blinded you to any facts and reason that do match yours.

The wise of words of Richard Nixon seem appropriate here:

Elvis as Danny Fisher