Premier League 22/23

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
londonflash
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Premier League 22/23

Post by londonflash »

Doesn't feel all that long ago we saw Man City's fightback against Aston Villa see them claim another Premier League title, but the whole thing starts again this evening with Crystal Palace V Arsenal.

Thought we could have a post here for any football fans in what promises to be an exciting season.

I expect City to win the title once more, closely followed by Liverpool with Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea fighting for the other two Champions League spots (with Arsenal maybe making it this time).

At the other end, I think Fulham and Bournemouth will go straight back down to the Championship, joined by one of either Leeds, Nottingham Forest (back in the top flight after an absence of 23 years), Southampton or, I hate to say, my team Everton, who are in desperate need of a striker.

Despite that, can't wait!

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Liverbobs
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Re: Premier League 22/23

Post by Liverbobs »

City will walk it, Liverpool are suffering a major hangover from last season, no one else will come within a mile of City unfortunately.

"How Do You Expect Me To Soar Like An Eagle When I'm Surrounded By Turkeys? " .Anon.

Topic author
londonflash

Post by londonflash »

Agreed. Haaland's signing so far looks like the final piece of the jigsaw for City. Surely he can't keep up this sensational form all season but I think they'll be unstoppable this year. Incredible to think they can let three important players go to rival clubs and still be as good as they are. A class above.

Liverpool are really struggling - I think teams are being more positive against them from the off (which is why they so often concede the first goal) rather than sitting back and trying to defend / hold on all game. Their opponents are not allowing them to dictate matches like they're used to with the high press and they're targetting the defensive vulnerabilities of Alexander-Arnold (although the whole defence has struggled so far this season). The Brighton game summed up his season so far - dangerous going forward but all over the place defensively. Salah has been out of sorts, too.

Arsenal doing very well so far - much improved over last year. Same for Everton, although obviously not to the same extent.

Surprised Leicester and Wolves are at the bottom so far.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

CONFEDERATELVIS
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by CONFEDERATELVIS »

Hi
As a Manchester United supporter since 1970......52 years!
We are seriously struggling this season, in fact they are totally rubbish.
I have been saying for a couple of years now that we need a solid back 4.
Play the 2 central defenders week in week out, they will get used to each other.
Similar to Bruce & Pallister, Dolly & Daisy, they worked cos the were played together, regulary.
We need to believe in ourselves, have confidence everytime we run out on the pitch.
I do believe that City will win the title, anyone is better than Liverpool.
I expect Rodgers to be sacked anytime, maybe Gerrard will go also.
Just my humble opinions

You're a doctor too so your three doctors - Basil Fawlty

Liverbobs
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by Liverbobs »

Our next two games (Arsenal & City) will probably define our season. But Haaland is on fire, I actually thought he would struggle this season (More physical & better defenders) but he's on fire! Utd raised their game for Tent Peg but got handed their arse versus City. United still obsessed with Liverpool where they will want their neighbours to win the league rather than us! I remember seeing banners at old Trafford with "35 years and counting" and now it's "Please city win the league " embarrassing! the fact is Liverpool over the past 5 years have stopped the Premier League becoming like Scotland, France and Spain

"How Do You Expect Me To Soar Like An Eagle When I'm Surrounded By Turkeys? " .Anon.

Topic author
londonflash

Post by londonflash »

CONFEDERATELVIS wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:15 pm
Hi
As a Manchester United supporter since 1970......52 years!
We are seriously struggling this season, in fact they are totally rubbish.
I have been saying for a couple of years now that we need a solid back 4.
Play the 2 central defenders week in week out, they will get used to each other.
Similar to Bruce & Pallister, Dolly & Daisy, they worked cos the were played together, regulary.
We need to believe in ourselves, have confidence everytime we run out on the pitch.
I do believe that City will win the title, anyone is better than Liverpool.
I expect Rodgers to be sacked anytime, maybe Gerrard will go also.
Just my humble opinions
I think Utd have improved after that terrible start. Wins over Liverpool and Arsenal show that. Dropping Maguire was a must and I hope Southgate does likewise in the World Cup, although I fear he won't. They took a step back at the weekend in the derby, but that City side is a mile ahead of everyone right now.

Monday's result bought Rodgers some time. Let's see if Leicester can build on that performance.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Topic author
londonflash

Post by londonflash »

Liverbobs wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:49 pm
Our next two games (Arsenal & City) will probably define our season. But Haaland is on fire, I actually thought he would struggle this season (More physical & better defenders) but he's on fire! Utd raised their game for Tent Peg but got handed their arse versus City. United still obsessed with Liverpool where they will want their neighbours to win the league rather than us! I remember seeing banners at old Trafford with "35 years and counting" and now it's "Please city win the league " embarrassing! the fact is Liverpool over the past 5 years have stopped the Premier League becoming like Scotland, France and Spain
Agree. Two massive games that will tell us a lot about where the title is heading / if any team can stop City.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum