Polk Salad Annie - That's The Way It Is - Split Screen - 1970 and 2001 Edits

Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
leon410
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Polk Salad Annie - That's The Way It Is - Split Screen - 1970 and 2001 Edits

Post by leon410 »

Comparing the footage from the original 1970 That's The Way It Is movie and the 2001 re-edited version. This shows where the camera angles differ and where on occasion Elvis has been substituted by an audience shot!!

As usual with these videos the sound has been improved by re-editing the audio using RCA's superb multi-track audio.

As with all of these videos, to get the most out of the re-edited audio, I highly recommend you use ear /headphones and turn the volume up as much as you dare!

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years

Re: Polk Salad Annie - That's The Way It Is - Split Screen - 1970 and 2001 Edits

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Good one Leon.

My thoughts are, if it wasn't broke why fix it? The 1970 original was fine as is and did not need to be tampered with new camera angles in the 2001 version.

Mate will you be doing a 'Polk Salad Annie' in your live comparison series? That would be cool as Elvis changed the arrangements three times.

Topic author
leon410
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: Polk Salad Annie - That's The Way It Is - Split Screen - 1970 and 2001 Edits

Post by leon410 »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:29 am
Good one Leon.

My thoughts are, if it wasn't broke why fix it? The 1970 original was fine as is and did not need to be tampered with new camera angles in the 2001 version.

Mate will you be doing a 'Polk Salad Annie' in your live comparison series? That would be cool as Elvis changed the arrangements three times.
I was running a poll on my channel to see what would people would like to see uploaded in which order between Polk Salad, How Great Thou Art and I Can't Stop Loving You, Walter. How Great Thou Art won by some considerable margin so it will be uploaded on 24 April. However, the poll will still run until end of play on Sunday 18 April to determine what goes up the following week as the other two are virtually neck and neck. So, if you want to see Polk Salad up in a fortnight, get over to my channel, click on the community tab and make your vote count!!

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

leon410 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:35 pm
Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:29 am
Good one Leon.

I was running a poll on my channel to see what would people would like to see uploaded in which order between Polk Salad, How Great Thou Art and I Can't Stop Loving You, Walter. How Great Thou Art won by some considerable margin so it will be uploaded on 24 April. However, the poll will still run until end of play on Sunday 18 April to determine what goes up the following week as the other two are virtually neck and neck. So, if you want to see Polk Salad up in a fortnight, get over to my channel, click on the community tab and make your vote count!!
Willdo, mate.