Any love for "Kismet"?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

When In Rome

Re: Any love for "Kismet"?

Post by When In Rome »

Well, I like it too. The 'Double Features' mix especially.

Well, Good evenin', don't that sun look good goin' down...

shiatsujake

Post by shiatsujake »

If Elvis is looking down, he will be shaking his head.

Topic author
r&b

Post by r&b »

shiatsujake wrote:If Elvis is looking down, he will be shaking his head.
I agree. He would be shaking it at why he let his career start to get away from him with these types of films and soundtracks. Read & enjoy:

Elvis continued to grumble about the material and the continued pressure put on the stable of songwriters corraled by Freddy Bienstock — the writing team of Giant, Baum, and Kaye alone had provided 17 of 47 songs on the past four soundtracks in an eighteen-month period — but he soldiered on with as much grace as possible.[3] In reality, almost any song could have been squeezed into the story lines, including old classics. But as long as sales continued, the formula required guaranteed control of publishing and new songs by the same songwriters.[4] However, Presley's sales were plunging in music stores as well as ticket sales at the box office.

Eleven songs were recorded for Harum Scarum, and all were used and issued on the soundtrack with two of the tracks omitted in the film. As with Roustabout, no singles were issued in conjunction with the album. A single was issued a month later, using the leftover 1957 track "Tell Me Why" backed with "Blue River" from the aborted May 1963 "album" sessions. In an onimous sign of things to come, it only made it to number 33 on the Billboard Hot 100, the lowest charting single of Presley's career to date.[5] With the release of The Beatles' album Rubber Soul a mere thirty days following Harum Scarum's release, Presley's career was clearly in jeopardy with no end in sight.

As I have stated in a previous post, this album was a turning point for many long time fans who automatically bought every release. They had had enough.
Last edited by r&b on Fri May 20, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When In Rome

Post by When In Rome »

shiatsujake wrote:If Elvis is looking down, he will be shaking his head.
Well, it's his fault for recording it.

Well, Good evenin', don't that sun look good goin' down...

TINML

Post by TINML »

Davelee wrote:
TINML wrote:
Davelee wrote:
TINML wrote:
Davelee wrote:
TINML wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:
fn2drive wrote:You have almost a fetish in higlighting the most appalling recordings and labeling them underrated. This soundtrack is utter garbage and the nadir of Elvis soundtrack recordings. We get it-Elvis cut it so it is fantastic. I'm sure you must deep down believe that Elvis version of Old MacDonald brings something to the table-that ending mulligan stew how cool is that? As i noted in your thread of the pedestrian Girls Girls Girls title track, no one objects to you loving the most mediocre and poorest recordings of Elvis career. There are many i love. I just never pretend these are legacy recordings-they arent.
You like to put thoughts words in my mouth. It is all in the title. Any love? And I go further if you feel the "need"... Where do I state that this is top shelf song. Just highlighting a little nugget I like. And obviously what irks you and the others is that I am not alone on this. And there is NOTHING you can do about it.
Don't feed the troll JL, not worth it.
He is not trolling, just pointing out the errors in JLs post. Obviously you can't tell the difference between trolling and someone saying facts.
Ugh another brown-noser, what is this roll call?
Wow!! That's a clever answer :roll: This should be the all time top ten original post. Well done... :smt038
Well at least it WAS clever, compared to what you do on this forum, you know parroting whatever HE says. ::rocks
ANOTHER.....
Is you finished or is you done? :lol:

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

MikeFromHolland

Post by MikeFromHolland »

Davelee wrote:Though to be fair I could accuse you, Juan, Hard Rocker, Mikefromholland the same thing, yes men, considering you lot are always liking each other's posts.
If you take notice, you'll see that I've liked your posts as well, when I agree or appreciate your opinion in this or other threads. Same with the doc, same with others. I say when I agree, I say when I don't. Check all my posts.

Can't say the same for you Davelee. Really. I agree with Juan, Hard Rocker and others who say you are a Yes man. Why I agree? Because you sure come across like one. Check all your posts. It's almost scary. I said it before. Feel sorry for people who can't think for themselves.

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Davelee
Banned -- Same user as "mysterytrainrideson"

Post by Davelee »

MikeFromHolland wrote:
Davelee wrote:Though to be fair I could accuse you, Juan, Hard Rocker, Mikefromholland the same thing, yes men, considering you lot are always liking each other's posts.
If you take notice, you'll see that I've liked your posts as well, when I agree or appreciate your opinion in this or other threads. Same with the doc, same with others. I say when I agree, I say when I don't. Check all my posts.

Can't say the same for you Davelee. Really. I agree with Juan, Hard Rocker and others who say you are a Yes man. Why I agree? Because you sure come across like one. Check all your posts. It's almost scary. I said it before. Feel sorry for people who can't think for themselves.

Well you're wrong, unfortunately your intelligence don't see that. Yes, you've liked a couple of my posts, but then again i've liked a couple of yours - if you've taken any notice. But you still accuse me of being a yes man just because I and others do not agree with most of what you say and post. So Sad.
Last edited by Davelee on Fri May 20, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TINML

Post by TINML »

Davelee wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

Well you're wrong, unfortunately your intelligence don't see that.
Written like a true Rhodes Scholar :facep: :lol:

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Strangely I like it too!!! (along with So Close, Yet so Far, Wisdom of the ages-I have the Venus CD too with outtakes)....................even tho it was during the worst movie of Elvis' career..................should have never been made - but it was - it was when we had some fabulous tunes rockin' the air waves and here poor Elvis is singing and acting in this movie????!!!!!!! What the hell, I remember going to the theatre then and there were only a few people in it....................when a few years before it was packed..............pathetic move for Elvis' management team!!!.................ruination of Elvis' career there.......................he looked so good too......................just a damn shame..................he should have been in the studio recording non-movie tracks......... :( :( :(

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

TINML wrote:
Davelee wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

Written like a true Rhodes Scholar :facep: :lol:
Gee, another! Keep going you may get offered a chance to write a Mills and Boon classic.

Topic author
poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Davelee wrote:it never ends with people who have no intelligence to say something positive...
I'm not sure you should be commenting on intelligence if you're using grammar such as this.

Eggrert

Post by Eggrert »

I like Kismet, but I don't love it.

MikeFromHolland

Post by MikeFromHolland »

Davelee wrote: just because I and others do not agree with most of what you say and post.
Don't care if others agree with me or not, thank God it's a free country. That's why I'm worried about Yes man. They don't use that freedom. It's telling you come up with an argument like that. Says more about you than about me :wink:

::rocks

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

MikeFromHolland wrote:
Davelee wrote: just because I and others do not agree with most of what you say and post.
Don't care if others agree with me or not, thank God it's a free country. That's why I'm worried about Yes man. They don't use that freedom. It's telling you come up with an argument like that. Says more about you than about me :wink:

To be honest, Mike, i'd rather you not respond to my posts if you're gonna accuse me of something i'm not, because quite frankly it's rude and not true, or better still, please foe me because you're beginning to offend me. Thanks.

Topic author
poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Davelee wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

To be honest, Mike, i'd rather you not respond to my posts if you're gonna accuse me of something i'm not, because quite frankly it's rude and not true, or better still, please foe me because you're beginning to offend me. Thanks.
Aww, bless. The man who goes around the board telling people they're lacking in intelligence gets offended when called a "yes man." Perhaps you should start thinking if the people you accuse of having no intelligence get offended too, then? Or do they not matter? Just your own, dented ego?

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

poormadpeter2 wrote:
Davelee wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

Aww, bless. The man who goes around the board telling people they're lacking in intelligence gets offended when called a "yes man." Perhaps you should start thinking if the people you accuse of having no intelligence get offended too, then? Or do they not matter? Just your own, dented ego?
No dented ego. When someone accuses you of something you're not, and it's plain for all to see (except those who deliberately want to add more fuel to the fire) that means their intelligence is lacking. Fact.

TINML

Post by TINML »

Davelee wrote:
poormadpeter2 wrote:
Davelee wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

No dented ego. When someone accuses you of something you're not, and it's plain for all to see (except those who deliberately want to add more fuel to the fire) that means their intelligence is lacking. Fact.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Back on topic:
There does not appear to be a whole lotta love for "Kismet."

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Davelee wrote:
poormadpeter2 wrote:
Davelee wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

Well, as the accusation was that you were a "yes" man to one of the most frequent posters on this board, why don't you dispel those accusations by linking to the posts in which you have criticised him? That way, it will be "plain for all to see" that the accusations towards you were wrong. You've only been posting for six months, so such occasions should be fresh in your mind.

drjohncarpenter

Please post on-topic!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Back on topic:
True. But some people still want to call the facts into question... It's never ending.

drjohncarpenter

Davelee wrote:
True. But some people still want to call the facts into question... It's never ending.
Hey, that smells like a new song topic!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

TINML

Post by TINML »

I think the whole soundtrack is wretched as is the film.

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

poormadpeter2 wrote:
Davelee wrote:
poormadpeter2 wrote:
Davelee wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

Well, as the accusation was that you were a "yes" man to one of the most frequent posters on this board, why don't you dispel those accusations by linking to the posts in which you have criticised him? That way, it will be "plain for all to see" that the accusations towards you were wrong. You've only been posting for six months, so such occasions should be fresh in your mind.
Nope. One read of this thread provides all the answers. Though I expect you to come back with the total opposite. :roll: :facep:

Chris Roberts

Post by Chris Roberts »

Its roughly a 60% hate and a 40% love/like split. :)