Graceland style homes from around the World

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

JonRomanovich
Registered for: 21 years

Post by JonRomanovich »

Vissie wrote:This has definitely been one of my very favorite threads! Image

Pep, do you happen to have any photos of the back of the house you might be able to share with us?

:D
There are a few photos of the back on the first page.

iF iT'S tOO lOUD, yOU ARE tOO oLD

I'm on facebook!! Jon Romanovich

JamesVRoy
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by JamesVRoy »

JonRomanovich wrote:Check this

http://www.soldxpress.com/Call-888-664-6664/b/graceland/index.html

Maybe it's just me, but if I had the cash, I'd make mine an exact replica, not just a "Tribute" house?!?!?!?
Some people just have too much money

Vissie
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Vissie »

JonRomanovich wrote:
Vissie wrote:This has definitely been one of my very favorite threads! Image

Pep, do you happen to have any photos of the back of the house you might be able to share with us?

:D
There are a few photos of the back on the first page.
LoL! Could I be any more blind this morning?

Thanks Jon!

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Here are a few more tho, :wink:

PEP 8)

Vissie

Post by Vissie »

Oh Pep! Those are incredible shots! Thanks so much for sharing these ~ what an incredible home. I can definitely relate to your interest in it ~ I wouldn't mind making this my permanent address too!

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

JamesVRoy wrote:
JonRomanovich wrote:Check this

http://www.soldxpress.com/Call-888-664-6664/b/graceland/index.html

Maybe it's just me, but if I had the cash, I'd make mine an exact replica, not just a "Tribute" house?!?!?!?
Some people just have too much money
Somedays, I wish I had that problem! :)

Vissie

Post by Vissie »

You know Pep, this house has as much character in the back as it does out front. I love what they've done with it!

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Out of curiosity how many of you would stay at this home?

What would you expect?

Meaning what would you want to do there?

What would you like to see?

How much would you pay to stay there?

How would you like the house decorated?

Who would be willing to live in Mississippi?

PEP 8)

Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

PEP

What are you up to lol!!

I'm saying nothing till I speak with Mrs PEP :wink:

Let Me Be Your First Guest

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Vissie

Post by Vissie »

I would definitely stay at this home. I'd be tempted to purchase it if it weren't located in Mississippi.

Pep, I need some clarification in regards to your questions. Are you asking as a potential B&B owner or are you asking us as if we were to purchase the home ourselves?

Elvis_Priestly

Post by Elvis_Priestly »

PEP wrote: Out of curiosity how many of you would stay at this home?

Me!
What would you expect?

An exclusive retreat type place where you could wind down after/before/while visiting Graceland

Nice evening meals in the dining room, thoughtful features around the "lake" maybe some places to just sit and read, an exhaustive library of Elvis/rock n roll books. Maybe a limousine service from memphis?

What would you like to see?
An exact replica of Graceland with the upstairs done as authentically as possible for the "upstairs tour" which (rightly) we never get at the real house.

How much would you pay to stay there?
I ain't got nothing to pay or compare with

How would you like the house decorated?
see above

As an excursion/side trip to Memphis and to stay there, surePEP 8)
A continuingly fascinating thread Pep!

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Little Darlin wrote:PEP

What are you up to lol!!

I'm saying nothing till I speak with Mrs PEP :wink:

Let Me Be Your First Guest
:lol: Wellllll, hmm , just for the curiosity sake of it all, I was still just hoping for feedback just for fun really, nothing more, tho it does look bad :lol: , always thinking tho. :wink:

The likely hood of me doing anything now isn't going to happen I'm afraid , especially when reality sits in again as to what it takes to be there for me.

Buying the property was going to be the easy part, getting set up with a business to support keeping it going, was going to be the tough part.

One of the rules for me is that I would have to hire a minimum of ten employees, which was one of the toughest hurdle's because the home is in such a small town, but that hurdle was only one of many for me.

Still always nice to dream a little. :wink:
Vissie wrote:I would definitely stay at this home. I'd be tempted to purchase it if it weren't located in Mississippi.

Pep, I need some clarification in regards to your questions. Are you asking as a potential B&B owner or are you asking us as if we were to purchase the home ourselves?
No, more if someone else owned it, unless of course anyone were in a position to do something.

PEP 8)

Vissie

Post by Vissie »

No, more if someone else owned it, unless of course anyone were in a position to do something.

Out of curiosity how many of you would stay at this home?

I would definitely stay at this home. I'd be tempted to purchase it if it weren't located in Mississippi.

What would you expect?

Not sure if I would have any pre-conceived expectations other than what you expect from a well-built home. Solid roof, furnace and a/c that works, no structural defects.

Maintain it as a personal residence.

No. I was born and raised in Chicago (until my move to SoFla). I have a northern mentality and cultural background at heart.

Little Darlin
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

PEP..

If You don't buy this House it would be the Crime of the Century.

I can see by Your Post's You have fell in Love with the Property and it would be a shame to let it get away.

FWIW..If I was in the position to Buy it i.e. the same Country .. I would sell everything I had and I would be there like a shot.

Just think .. You are sat in your Rocking Chair in Years to come and I bet you will be thinking.. if only :wink:

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Little Darlin wrote:PEP..

If You don't buy this House it would be the Crime of the Century.

I can see by Your Post's You have fell in Love with the Property and it would be a shame to let it get away.

FWIW..If I was in the position to Buy it i.e. the same Country .. I would sell everything I had and I would be there like a shot.

Just think .. You are sat in your Rocking Chair in Years to come and I bet you will be thinking.. if only :wink:
There is no doubt about it I liked the home and the property, it certainly would be cool to have for many reasons.

Tho again, reality of the situation as to what it would take for this to work for me and my family really isn't in the cards for me.

The negatives do weigh out the positives, at least for me.

For any American who is used to living in the south and has the money to retire and can keep the home up, you couldn't ask for a better place for the money, especially if your an Elvis fan. :wink:
PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

Imagine what it would cost today to build a new one from the same plans.

BTW, I copied the pics and text to my picture site with PEP's permission to pass it around more easily and its quite popular. I sent it to Scotty too. Its sort of way out of scope for Scotty's site (the Harley's were a stretch)but I'm starting to rethink that and may add it as a page for posterity sake.

http://pbase.com/jroy/gracelandii

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

Hell yea, I would stay there!! Yea decorate it like Graceland or as close as you can get at first... have pool parties with Elvis music! :D

In fact you should buy it PEP and turn it into FECC headquarters.... and put a big cage out back for cage matches between members that like to fuss at each other! :lol:

JEFF d
EP fan
Last edited by JEFF d on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JEFF d
EP fan

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

JamesVRoy wrote:Imagine what it would cost today to build a new one from the same plans.

BTW, I copied the pics and text to my picture site with PEP's permission to pass it around more easily and its quite popular. I sent it to Scotty too. Its sort of way out of scope for Scotty's site (the Harley's were a stretch)but I'm starting to rethink that and may add it as a page for posterity sake.

Hey Jim could you ask Scotty if he recalls being with Elvis when he saw this home?

They did a gig in the town this home is located in back in 55'.

PEP 8)

JamesVRoy

Post by JamesVRoy »

PEP wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:Imagine what it would cost today to build a new one from the same plans.

Hey Jim could you ask Scotty if he recalls being with Elvis when he saw this home?

They did a gig in the town this home is located in back in 55'.

PEP 8)
My guess is he'd have no recollection of it but Gail will likely show him the page. I have to wonder if Elvis even saw it then if they were there in 55. It would be 2 years before it had any significance to him since he didn't get Graceland til 57

JonRomanovich

Post by JonRomanovich »

If you bought this, remodeled the upstairs to look like Elvis' upstairs and decorated the upstairs (or the house) as much like Graceland as you could, I'd buy a ticket for pretty much any price (under $100) to take a tour..You'd also have to let me cast a fishin pole in that untouched 4 acre Southern pond!

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Here's another Graceland style home located in Chicago, I 'm sorry I do not have any bigger pictures of this home.

This is owned by Tom & Cindy Sanocki built within the last 5 or 10 years.

The idea was to make the home as close as possible to the exterior of Graceland, however the builder did not make the home long enough from one end to the other, the front center piece of the home was also made much higher than the original Graceland, interior wise, they made their home completely different inside compared to Graceland, Spiral Stair Case instead of the Straight Stair Case was placed in this home.

PEP 8)

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

EPE should purchase the home close to Memphis and replicate it to the tee and do biz with it..fans being able to finally visit and get a feel of space (2nd floor) Elvis lived in etc and at the same time his "privacy" NOT REALLY INVADED! Just a thought.

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Juan Luis wrote:EPE should purchase the home close to Memphis and replicate it to the tee and do biz with it..fans being able to finally visit and get a feel of space (2nd floor) Elvis lived in etc and at the same time his "privacy" NOT REALLY INVADED! Just a thought.
I doubt they would do that since they have already new plans in the works for EP Blvd.

Ya know that was another idea I kinda had, meaning I thought about having a billboard on EP Blvd that would say "See What You Can't See At Graceland 2 1/2 hours away" & "then go through Tupelo before you get here !" or something like that :roll:
PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Or rent whole house for 50,000 USD a night! The penthouse of A hotel NASSAU for example is around that $$$.... anyways just brainstorming folks!

JonRomanovich

Post by JonRomanovich »

PEP wrote:Here's another Graceland style home located in Chicago, I 'm sorry I do not have any bigger pictures of this home.

This is owned by Tom & Cindy Sanocki built within the last 5 or 10 years.

The idea was to make the home as close as possible to the exterior of Graceland, however the builder did not make the home long enough from one end to the other, the front center piece of the home was also made much higher than the original Graceland, interior wise, they made their home completely different inside compared to Graceland, Spiral Stair Case instead of the Straight Stair Case was placed in this home.

PEP 8)
Somebody tell me where in Chicago this house is located???

I'd love to drive over and take some pictures.