ELVIS PRESLEY: “THAT’S ALL RIGHT” GRACELAND COLLECTOR’S EDITION 10” VINYL SINGLE

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
The Swamp Fox
Registered for: 21 years

ELVIS PRESLEY: “THAT’S ALL RIGHT” GRACELAND COLLECTOR’S EDITION 10” VINYL SINGLE

Post by The Swamp Fox »

IMG_2012.jpeg
IMG_2013.jpeg
IMG_2014.jpeg
IMG_2015.jpeg
Announced today for preorder:

July 5, 1954, marked a pivotal moment in music history. In a small recording studio owned by Sam Phillips at 706 Union Avenue in Memphis, Tennessee, an obscure young singer by the name of Elvis Presley started a revolution. Backed by guitarist Scotty Moore and bassist Bill Black, Elvis’ rendition of Arthur “Big Boy” Crudup’s “That’s All Right” ignited the career of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll and changed the landscape of music forever.

Seven decades later, Elvis’ legacy is as vibrant and influential as ever, continuing to captivate and inspire generations around the globe. In honor of the 70 th anniversary of this iconic recording that changed it all, Graceland is offering a limited-edition collector’s 10” vinyl single of Elvis’ earliest take of “That All Right” from that July night in 1954 at Memphis Recording Service

DETAILS:

10" Vinyl Single
Number of discs: 1
Number of tracks: 1
Label: Legacy Recordings
Release Date: June 2024
Limited Edition of 1954
GRACELAND EXCLUSIVE
TRACK LISTING:

SIDE A

That’s All Right
SIDE B

No Audio / Blank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LEX TALIONIS

STAY FROSTY, STAY STRAPPED, AND STAY DANGEROUS!

WEAK MEN CREATE HARD TIMES

elvis4life
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Re: ELVIS PRESLEY: “THAT’S ALL RIGHT” GRACELAND COLLECTOR’S EDITION 10” VINYL SINGLE

Post by elvis4life »

https://www.graceland.com/elvis-news/posts/graceland-announces-exclusive-70th-anniversary-collectors-edition-of-thats-all-right

MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2024

Graceland Announces Exclusive 70th Anniversary Collector’s Edition Of “That’s All Right”

Graceland has officially announced the release of an exclusive 70th anniversary collector's edition of "That's All Right."

Now available for pre-order through ShopGraceland.com, only 1954 copies of the 10” vinyl single will be available exclusively through Graceland.

July 5, 1954, marked a pivotal moment in music history. In a small recording studio owned by Sam Phillips at 706 Union Avenue in Memphis, Tennessee, an obscure young singer by the name of Elvis Presley started a revolution. Backed by guitarist Scotty Moore and bassist Bill Black, Elvis’ rendition of Arthur “Big Boy” Crudup’s “That’s All Right” ignited the career of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll and changed the landscape of music forever.

Seven decades later, Elvis’ legacy is as vibrant and influential as ever, continuing to captivate and inspire generations around the globe. In honor of the 70th anniversary of this iconic recording that changed it all, Graceland is offering a limited-edition collector’s 10” vinyl single of Elvis’ earliest take of “That All Right” from that July night in 1954 at Memphis Recording Service.

Fans can now pre-order their collector’s edition of “That’s All Right” single through ShopGraceland.com, The collector’s edition vinyl single will also be available for purchase on-site at Graceland in mid-June, pending availability following pre-orders.

Orders will ship on or around June 14.

https://store.graceland.com/collections/pre-order/products/elvis-presley-that-s-all-right-graceland-collector-s-edition-10-vinyl-single

drjohncarpenter

Re: ELVIS PRESLEY: “THAT’S ALL RIGHT” GRACELAND COLLECTOR’S EDITION 10” VINYL SINGLE

Post by drjohncarpenter »

"Elvis’ earliest take of “That All Right” from that July night in 1954 at Memphis Recording Service"

Earliest take?

So they pressed the false start of the song that RCA released in 1984 on Elvis: A Golden Celebration?

Also, the session was at Sun Studio with producer/owner Sam Phillips. Not a demo for take home.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years

Post by sweetangeline »

ordered :D

Now where are the details of that upcoming Sony box :wink:

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

I definitly don't need this one, i just saw the price on Elvismatters.. 79,99 Euro's.. FOR ONE SONG

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Post by The Swamp Fox »

Johnny2523 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 am
I definitly don't need this one, i just saw the price on Elvismatters.. 79,99 Euro's.. FOR ONE SONG
WOW! That’s quite the markup.

LEX TALIONIS

STAY FROSTY, STAY STRAPPED, AND STAY DANGEROUS!

WEAK MEN CREATE HARD TIMES

skabillyrebels
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by skabillyrebels »

i'm not sure yet i would need a sound sample.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

53.59USD shipped to Canada... hard pass

Tygrrius
Registered for: 2 years 10 months

Post by Tygrrius »

If I were going to buy a non-Sun vinyl reissue of "That's All Right," I'd rather put that $30 towards obtaining a quality copy of RCA's 1955 reissue. At least it includes a song on the flipside!

I do think it'd be funny (and worthy of admission for whoever thought of it into the Snowman's League) if this record really turns out to be only the initial false start like Doc noted. Would this make it the shortest Elvis vinyl ever?

TY (Hardly Relevant)

The Mystery Train Elvis Blog
Exploring the music and films of Elvis Presley

L Ray
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by L Ray »

Our first clue about the Memphis Box😀

paulsweeney
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by paulsweeney »

elvis-fan wrote:53.59USD shipped to Canada... hard pass
Ah, what not? You only live once and you’ll be one of only 1,954 with it! I know for sure if I get it, I’m going to open it and play it Image

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

paulsweeney wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:13 pm
I know for sure if I get it, I’m going to open it and play it
yes indeed that`s why I bought two :wink:

Alexander
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Alexander »

It's amazing how this thing gets hyped on social media, just like the plain ugly yellow colored vinyl Third Man Records Sun singles set. Both sets do not bare any historic value and do not retain any value in the future. I am happy to pass on money grabs like these.

On Tape 1972
Registered for: 1 year 11 months

Post by On Tape 1972 »

Alexander wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:40 pm
It's amazing how this thing gets hyped on social media, just like the plain ugly yellow colored vinyl Third Man Records Sun singles set. Both sets do not bare any historic value and do not retain any value in the future. I am happy to pass on money grabs like these.
Fair points. But the Third Man Records set beats this thing hands down.

Swedish

Post by Swedish »

Alexander wrote:
Company do know that's fans buys it all anyways with E on it ;)

Shakin' Stevens aka Michael Barratt March 4th 1948 - 36 Marcross Rd, Cardiff suburb of Ely, South Wales

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

Alexander wrote:
That`s a tad harsh, but hey to each his own. When I buy milk and bread at the corner store I never think of the historic value or retaining it for the future. I just eat it and drink it, but maybe I am doing it all wrong :wink: As I stated earlier I bought two thinking if someone overseas doesn't want to pay that shipping price (I don`t blame them) I may be persuaded to sell my 2nd copy, but only if you know me and were in good standing :wink:

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

paulsweeney wrote:
Ah, what not? You only live once and you’ll be one of only 1,954 with it! I know for sure if I get it, I’m going to open it and play it Image
You know Paul I was seriously considering wasting... I mean spending my money on that release... but then I discovered I already had a copy of that song! It's wonderful! :wink:

paulsweeney
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by paulsweeney »

elvis-fan wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
You know Paul I was seriously considering wasting... I mean spending my money on that release... but then I discovered I already had a copy of that song! It's wonderful! :wink:
You mean I already have this…multiple times? Damn it all!

chop983
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Post by chop983 »

Alexander wrote:
'A fool and his money' springs to mind

joekro1977
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by joekro1977 »

I guarantee you quality control on this will be nothing close to what TMR did with their recent Sun singles box set.

No thank you at any price.

It's 800 miles from my house to Graceland, but I'm always up for making the trip!