Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: "Having Fun" for FIFTY Years . . .

Post by drjohncarpenter »

PetriTCB wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 pm
My source is Ed Bonja with whom I spoke about Having Fun with Elvis on Stage album on summer 2007. Ed said that "two of his brothers" made a recording, which contained Elvis' dialogue on stages. The Colonel asked RCA Records to send them concert recordings from '69 - '74. Those tapes had Elvis' dialogue but not enough material to an complete album. The Colonel didn't knew that audio engineer Bruce Jackson had recorded soundboard recordings from concerts, but Ed Bonja knew that at least few recordings were made, so Ed made a phone call to Bruce, so that they could clarifye this case. The result of this phone conversation was that there were a lot of concert recordings, which contained enough spoken material to a full album. After the conversation Bruce Jackson sent those tapes to The Colonel's office.

Then The Colonel asked Ed Bonja to take care that two of his brothers would made a compilation from concert recordings, which includes only Elvis' talking voice only. It was a hilarious moment when Ed was trying to explain to his brother about the concept of this album! His brother's first comment was that "Is The Colonel using drugs now too!?", which has of course a reference to Elvis!

The making of process was not happened in any recording studio, but there was a studio where usually made different kind radio station commercials, spots, jingles, etc. Ed's brothers only put together Elvis' banters, so there were not anykind reason to record audio.

The Colonel and RCA Records made an agreement that RCA Records' custom label will made albums in 3 formats (8-tracks, cassettes and LPs) and that later the album would be the other part of 2 albums and 4 singles contract per a year.

The Colonel also made album's artwork too. Ed Bonja remembered that "the early draft has one Elvis picture, but that was later changed to a cavalcade of six pictures, where Elvis used same jumpsuit". And that "using only black and white pictures was late change to the cover art". About the back cover "The Colonel demanded, that cities where Elvis were performed should mark as stars just like state capitals in the map of USA, not as balls!". Ed's comment to the back cover's statement, where reads that "Executive producer for this recording project: Elvis" was "b------t! I have understood that Elvis didn't like this album very much...".

To the best of my knowledge the Having Fun with Elvis on Stage album was all the way so called "in-house" production only by Boxcar Records. Maybe it was Joan Deary who handled concert tapes from RCA Records to The Colonel, maybe not...

All very interesting, but is there a single first-person interview with Ed Bonja where he talks about this?

I can't find one. Also, some of the story you remember is wrong.

Parker would not have had RCA "send them concert recordings," as most were already in his possession.

Assistant Tom Diskin (Ed's uncle) was in charge of archiving the Presley shows on soundboard cassettes, for legal purposes. This would be where the bulk of the album, from the June-July 1974 tour, came from.

It's kind of astonishing to imagine three amateurs (Ed and two of his brothers) going into a studio with cassette tapes (and reels?), reviewing them all and editing together quotes from dozens of sources. And then delivering the finished product to RCA for mastering and pressing.

If you know of something in print, on tape or video, please share.

As an aside, I didn't know about brothers or twin sisters. So I did some digging.

It appears the Benjamin Bonja family was large, with 6 girls and 4 boys. There was also a tragedy I'd never heard about.

Nancy
Patricia
Julie
Angela
Deborah
Beatrice
Edward
Ronald
Michael
Jeffrey

https://www.newspapers.com/article/the-los-angeles-times-obituary-nancy-jea/46765514/

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

Speaking of the cover art for this classic 1974 title, here's the mock-up for the ad which ran in October in the music trades.

All the photos on the front appear to be from the 5-11-1974 ES (Inglewood). Assume they are by Ed Bonja. He also took color shots at Inglewood that day, at both shows.

Also included is Ed's favorite photo of the thousands he took, which he recalls as from the last show he photographed, in Memphis on June 10, 1975. Sadly, his memory isn't so hot, it's actually from Mobile, at the June 2, 1975 evening show.

'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by midnightx »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 pm
PetriTCB wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 pm
My source is Ed Bonja with whom I spoke about Having Fun with Elvis on Stage album on summer 2007. Ed said that "two of his brothers" made a recording, which contained Elvis' dialogue on stages. The Colonel asked RCA Records to send them concert recordings from '69 - '74. Those tapes had Elvis' dialogue but not enough material to an complete album. The Colonel didn't knew that audio engineer Bruce Jackson had recorded soundboard recordings from concerts, but Ed Bonja knew that at least few recordings were made, so Ed made a phone call to Bruce, so that they could clarifye this case. The result of this phone conversation was that there were a lot of concert recordings, which contained enough spoken material to a full album. After the conversation Bruce Jackson sent those tapes to The Colonel's office.

Then The Colonel asked Ed Bonja to take care that two of his brothers would made a compilation from concert recordings, which includes only Elvis' talking voice only. It was a hilarious moment when Ed was trying to explain to his brother about the concept of this album! His brother's first comment was that "Is The Colonel using drugs now too!?", which has of course a reference to Elvis!

The making of process was not happened in any recording studio, but there was a studio where usually made different kind radio station commercials, spots, jingles, etc. Ed's brothers only put together Elvis' banters, so there were not anykind reason to record audio.

The Colonel and RCA Records made an agreement that RCA Records' custom label will made albums in 3 formats (8-tracks, cassettes and LPs) and that later the album would be the other part of 2 albums and 4 singles contract per a year.

The Colonel also made album's artwork too. Ed Bonja remembered that "the early draft has one Elvis picture, but that was later changed to a cavalcade of six pictures, where Elvis used same jumpsuit". And that "using only black and white pictures was late change to the cover art". About the back cover "The Colonel demanded, that cities where Elvis were performed should mark as stars just like state capitals in the map of USA, not as balls!". Ed's comment to the back cover's statement, where reads that "Executive producer for this recording project: Elvis" was "b------t! I have understood that Elvis didn't like this album very much...".

To the best of my knowledge the Having Fun with Elvis on Stage album was all the way so called "in-house" production only by Boxcar Records. Maybe it was Joan Deary who handled concert tapes from RCA Records to The Colonel, maybe not...

All very interesting, but is there a single first-person interview with Ed Bonja where he talks about this?

I can't find one. Also, some of the story you remember is wrong.

Parker would not have had RCA "send them concert recordings," as most were already in his possession.

Assistant Tom Diskin (Ed's uncle) was in charge of archiving the Presley shows on soundboard cassettes, for legal purposes. This would be where the bulk of the album, from the June-July 1974 tour, came from.

It's kind of astonishing to imagine three amateurs (Ed and two of his brothers) going into a studio with cassette tapes (and reels?), reviewing them all and editing together quotes from dozens of sources. And then delivering the finished product to RCA for mastering and pressing.

If you know of something in print, on tape or video, please share.

As an aside, I didn't know about brothers or twin sisters. So I did some digging.

It appears the Benjamin Bonja family was large, with 6 girls and 4 boys. There was also a tragedy I'd never heard about.

Nancy
Patricia
Julie
Angela
Deborah
Beatrice
Edward
Ronald
Michael
Jeffrey

https://www.newspapers.com/article/the-los-angeles-times-obituary-nancy-jea/46765514/
The notion that the Bonja brothers, apparently with no engineering experience, went into a studio and worked with and edited soundboard tapes and even a 1969 multitrack reel, remains one of the biggest open questions about this project. One suspects RCA had more involvement than some would like to acknowledge. Perhaps the Bonja brothers had use of a studio engineer to assist with cutting and editing tapes of the earmarked dialogue they thought would be useful, but I am skeptical that a couple of amateurs went into a studio and compiled this album for Boxcar without any professional assistance and guidance.

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

midnightx wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 am
The notion that the Bonja brothers, apparently with no engineering experience, went into a studio and worked with and edited soundboard tapes and even a 1969 multitrack reel, remains one of the biggest open questions about this project. One suspects RCA had more involvement than some would like to acknowledge. Perhaps the Bonja brothers had use of a studio engineer to assist with cutting and editing tapes of the earmarked dialogue they thought would be useful, but I am skeptical that a couple of amateurs went into a studio and compiled this album for Boxcar without any professional assistance and guidance.

Simply put, the story as it was told here is not credible.

Despite the tawdry and embarrassing nature of the final product, it seem far more likely an experienced hand guided this process, from soundboard and reel tape review, to editing and delivery of the master to RCA for processing.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 am
midnightx wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 am

Despite the tawdry and embarrassing nature of the final product, it seem far more likely an experienced hand guided this process, from soundboard and reel tape review, to editing and delivery of the master to RCA for processing.
Agreed. While Parker remained motivated to continue developing alternative revenue streams and finding ways of manipulating RCA for his self-serving needs, in the end, he did not have the sophistication or the staff to facilitate a project of this magnitude on his own, nor would it have made sense to do so. He continued to rely on RCA financially and as a touring partner, so it is unlikely he was looking to start some sort of war with the label over shoddy Boxcar product. And the fact that he used a monologue from a 1969 multitrack that was supplied to him from RCA is irrefutable evidence that RCA was aware of the project and highly involved in its implementation.

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

midnightx wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 am

Agreed. While Parker remained motivated to continue developing alternative revenue streams and finding ways of manipulating RCA for his self-serving needs, in the end, he did not have the sophistication or the staff to facilitate a project of this magnitude on his own, nor would it have made sense to do so. He continued to rely on RCA financially and as a touring partner, so it is unlikely he was looking to start some sort of war with the label over shoddy Boxcar product. And the fact that he used a monologue from a 1969 multitrack that was supplied to him from RCA is irrefutable evidence that RCA was aware of the project and highly involved in its implementation.

And you know he milked RCA plenty during the Boxcar phase of this product.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

PiersEIN

Post by PiersEIN »

midnightx wrote:
While Parker remained motivated to continue developing alternative revenue streams and finding ways of manipulating RCA for his self-serving needs, in the end, he did not have the sophistication or the staff to facilitate a project of this magnitude on his own, nor would it have made sense to do so.
Except of course, as noted, RCA's George Parkhill had quit RCA and was a key shareholder in BOXCAR and had all the contacts required.

If it had been mooted in any way as an RCA project they could have used ELVIS' LIVE SONGS.
There was no sense in releasing an "Elvis Talking Only" album if RCA had anything to do with it.

It could have been a cheapie (Camden, perhaps) with lesser live-song material from the RCA vaults on one side or at least add a 'I Can't Stop Loving You' as a track after all the false starts.
They had plenty of 1969 alternates they could have used here as "filler".

It came out on BOXCAR, was flogged at concerts and had nothing to do with Joan Deary.
There is no proof at all she had anything to do with it.
Please don't sully her name.

Cheers
Piers

Way Down Under
Registered for: 2 years 1 month
Mood:

Post by Way Down Under »

A couple of questions: Before the 'scarf/towel/kiss' dialogue, does anyone know where the clip before is from, where Elvis goes oohhh! yourself!!?
After 'Polk Salad' from the 'Stateline' FTD on disc 2, the latter dialogue I mentioned isn't there.
Second question is, was the Having Fun album for sale in record shops after it's release, like his regular singing albums?

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

PiersEIN wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 am
midnightx wrote:
While Parker remained motivated to continue developing alternative revenue streams and finding ways of manipulating RCA for his self-serving needs, in the end, he did not have the sophistication or the staff to facilitate a project of this magnitude on his own, nor would it have made sense to do so.
Except of course, as noted, RCA's George Parkhill had quit RCA and was a key shareholder in BOXCAR and had all the contacts required.

If it had been mooted in any way as an RCA project they could have used ELVIS' LIVE SONGS.
There was no sense in releasing an "Elvis Talking Only" album if RCA had anything to do with it.

It could have been a cheapie (Camden, perhaps) with lesser live-song material from the RCA vaults on one side or at least add a 'I Can't Stop Loving You' as a track after all the false starts.
They had plenty of 1969 alternates they could have used here as "filler".

It came out on BOXCAR, was flogged at concerts and had nothing to do with Joan Deary.
There is no proof at all she had anything to do with it.
Please don't sully her name.

Cheers
Piers
Again, what Parkhill's involvement may have been remains complete speculation. It isn't as if anyone has presented documented information from Ed Bonja where he states that Parkhill was involved with production or facilitating the use of studios and engineers. I also disagree with the notion that there was no sense in releasing an "Elvis Talking Only" album if RCA had been involved with the project -- this was an easy project for RCA to be loosely involved with. By letting Boxcar take the lead on a side project where no music had to be produced and prepared for commercial release, RCA could sit back and receive an easy revenue stream once the album was issued via the label. It was a win-win situation, Tom Parker got RCA to issue the album as part of Elvis' contractual obligation to the label, and RCA made easy money from little-to-no investment. At the end of the day, Boxcar needed access to an RCA multitrack recording to excise the 1969 monologue, and that did not come from George Parkhill who was no longer an RCA employee -- Joan Deary's office would have been contacted and consulted.

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

midnightx wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 pm
Again, what Parkhill's involvement may have been remains complete speculation. It isn't as if anyone has presented documented information from Ed Bonja where he states that Parkhill was involved with production or facilitating the use of studios and engineers. I also disagree with the notion that there was no sense in releasing an "Elvis Talking Only" album if RCA had been involved with the project -- this was an easy project for RCA to be loosely involved with. By letting Boxcar take the lead on a side project where no music had to be produced and prepared for commercial release, RCA could sit back and receive an easy revenue stream once the album was issued via the label. It was a win-win situation, Tom Parker got RCA to issue the album as part of Elvis' contractual obligation to the label, and RCA made easy money from little-to-no investment. At the end of the day, Boxcar needed access to an RCA multitrack recording to excise the 1969 monologue, and that did not come from George Parkhill who was no longer an RCA employee -- Joan Deary's office would have been contacted and consulted.

Great reply and again, all the evidence points to Joan Deary's involvement in getting this LP together in July-August 1974.

The little fellow you're responding to knows less than anyone on this thread, and is just trying to derail the discussion. Whereas I've laid out a lot to support Deary as the one who handled things between management and RCA, he's offered nothing at all. That's not a suprise.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

Way Down Under wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:19 pm
A couple of questions: Before the 'scarf/towel/kiss' dialogue, does anyone know where the clip before is from, where Elvis goes oohhh! yourself!!?
After 'Polk Salad' from the 'Stateline' FTD on disc 2, the latter dialogue I mentioned isn't there.

Probably Lake Tahoe, May 1974. Review the second post on page 1 where I identified as many bits as possible, with some forum help!

Way Down Under wrote:
Second question is, was the Having Fun album for sale in record shops after it's release, like his regular singing albums?

Again, check page 1 of this topic. The RCA edition of the LP was advertised and sold at retail by October 1974, right on the heels of the live Memphis album, which was still on the charts.

Imagine the embarrassment for any major artist. Thanks, management and RCA.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Jokerlola
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by Jokerlola »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am
Way Down Under wrote:

Probably Lake Tahoe, May 1974. Review the second post on page 1 where I identified as many bits as possible, with some forum help!

Way Down Under wrote:

Again, check page 1 of this topic. The RCA edition of the LP was advertised and sold at retail by October 1974, right on the heels of the live Memphis album, which was still on the charts.

Even though I did wind up enjoying it as a crazy, young Elvis fan at the time, after the initial shock of realizing what it was, but it should have never been released and a mainstream product at retail by RCA. Maybe it could have been released to fan clubs or as it was sold at concerts but never at retail alongside his commercial album releases.

Way Down Under
Registered for: 2 years 1 month
Mood:

Post by Way Down Under »

Jokerlola wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:10 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am
Way Down Under wrote:

Way Down Under wrote:

Even though I did wind up enjoying it as a crazy, young Elvis fan at the time, after the initial shock of realizing what it was, but it should have never been released and a mainstream product at retail by RCA. Maybe it could have been released to fan clubs or as it was sold at concerts but never at retail alongside his commercial album releases.
Yes, I was a pretty crazy fan too back in my mid-teens. Because it was a live album essentially (albeit a talking album) and the only one I didn't have. So I was hangin' to pick up a copy, but of course I was unaware in my naivety that albums get deleted eventually. Anyway I eventually picked up a copy at a second hand shop. Yes I enjoyed listening to Elvis having fun, but the novelty quickly wore off because the dialogue and goofing off was just so random, repetitive and meaningless, although there were some actually funny and some insightful exceptions. Looking back now I really feel for Elvis for that time, knowing that it would've portrayed him in an unprofessional manner. However what's done is done, maybe FTD can use this year and re-release 'Having Fun' as a more presentable project including a couple of really entertaining complete shows, along with a bonus disc that includes an upgraded version of the original, that's actually more funny, insightful and thoughtfully compiled.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Well I remember when a fan asked elvis early on during his Vegas 1974 season about the album (maybe 20th dinner show??) And Elvis said "I don't why they put that stuff out man". . Or something quite similar to that.In other words Elvis himself was dismissive and highly surprised it had been released.

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

YDKM wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 am
Well I remember when a fan asked elvis early on during his Vegas 1974 season about the album (maybe 20th dinner show??) And Elvis said "I don't why they put that stuff out man". . Or something quite similar to that.In other words Elvis himself was dismissive and highly surprised it had been released.

At that time it was not at radio or retail, just the concession booths outside the showroom. So whatever ire Elvis had was just in regards to a silly product being sold alongside the scarves, posters and cheap opera glasses. Two months later, it was out there as an RCA product.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:43 am
YDKM wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 am

At that time it was not at radio or retail, just the concession booths outside the showroom. So whatever ire Elvis had was just in regards to a silly product being sold alongside the scarves, posters and cheap opera glasses. Two months later, it was out there as an RCA product.
Indeed if I can find the time i might well listen to the shows 2-7 again as I remember Elvis's comment coming in the first week of this season, might be worth me nailing down his EXACT WORDS :roll:, the show and where between songs.

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Well I did my research and FOUND ELVIS'S COMMENTS:-
Elvis made comments about the talking only album at the 24th August 1974 Dinner Show after I got a Woman/Amen and before Love Me. A Woman asks him about the new album he has out in the lobby.... Elvis says..".oh that Album where I talk and don't sing.....I don't know where they got that from!?...well....argh.....oooh..... yeah you can buy it out in the lobby for 22 cents "...... This is at a show where he is talking too much anyway but he answers the woman but dismisses it for the next song .. a wise move . :roll:

You Don't Know Me!

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

It's actually a very good thing that a 2nd Talking album only was NOT MADE from Dialogue during the 2nd week of this summer 1974 Vegas season ... imagine an album with side 'a' filled with black angels and Karate Dialogue and a side 'b' filled with the 'strung out' Dialogue and the reason I'm telling you this about my rings is because you paid for them!
Would have stalled his career! :roll: :oops:

You Don't Know Me!

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

Right. A devastating blow for Elvis.

Jokerlola

Post by Jokerlola »

YDKM wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:42 pm
It's actually a very good thing that a 2nd Talking album only was NOT MADE from Dialogue during the 2nd week of this summer 1974 Vegas season ... imagine an album with side 'a' filled with black angels and Karate Dialogue and a side 'b' filled with the 'strung out' Dialogue and the reason I'm telling you this about my rings is because you paid for them!
One interesting thing, the “Desert Storm” dialogue was printed pretty much verbatim in one of the movie magazines at the time in an article by (I believe) columnist and Elvis loyalist May Mann. But it was framed as “Elvis finally fighting back against all the lies written about him.” So it was seen as a positive thing in this article at the time.

Also, to be serious for a moment. Liberace used to do the same basic comments about his rings. He would talk about and show his rings and then say, “The reason why I like to show you all my rings is because you paid for them.”

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Jokerlola wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:37 pm
YDKM wrote:
One interesting thing, the “Desert Storm” dialogue was printed pretty much verbatim in one of the movie magazines at the time in an article by (I believe) columnist and Elvis loyalist May Mann. But it was framed as “Elvis finally fighting back against all the lies written about him.” So it was seen as a positive thing in this article at the time.

Also, to be serious for a moment. Liberace used to do the same basic comments about his rings. He would talk about and show his rings and then say, “The reason why I like to show you all my rings is because you paid for them.”
Oh yes I knew about the Liberace and the rings dialogue....again that kind of comments added by Elvis on his show is a bit cheesy copying from another vegas performer.
The only excessive talking thing Elvis did this season was some of the first Karate dialogues up to 29th August are quite broad, interesting and focused... not so from 30th onwards or especially 31st where he waffles way too much.
Huh back to the original "Having Fun" album......'you know what I can't do? Sing and drink water at the same time'

You Don't Know Me!

Jokerlola

Post by Jokerlola »

YDKM wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:49 pm
Jokerlola wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:37 pm
YDKM wrote:

Oh yes I knew about the Liberace and the rings dialogue....again that kind of comments added by Elvis on his show is a bit cheesy copying from another vegas performer.
The only excessive talking thing Elvis did this season was some of the first Karate dialogues up to 29th August are quite broad, interesting and focused... not so from 30th onwards or especially 31st where he waffles way too much.
Huh back to the original "Having Fun" album......'you know what I can't do? Sing and drink water at the same time'
I remember reading at the time about his excessive talking during Vegas shows and how people were walking out because he was talking more than singing. Friends of my parents saw him in Vegas in 74 or 75 and I remember them complaining that he talked too much.

Concerning the “Having Fun” album, I don’t remember much negative press about it at the time. It did sort of fly under the radar for the most part. It was just a weird anomaly that came and went and probably did make a nice little profit for all concerned. After buying the album, thinking it was a new live concert, I wound up getting a 8-Track version as a gift the Christmas of 74! I still have it!

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Yes I did not mind the 1969 'life story' Dialogue from the 1969 show on the original album because he seemed focused but all the endless Well,well well's. Or the actually Glen D. Hardin false start only to 'I Can't Stop Loving You' gets annoying upon repeat listening because their are no songs performed on the album. You certainly are left wondering about an Album like this, still compared to Elvis's live dialogue from August till the end of the year...( which thankfully did not ever make it to a talking album- imagine what Elvis saying to Felton Jarvis in College Park in September about taking his kidney back would have done).maybe we can look back on the Album as a piece of harmless fluff?

You Don't Know Me!

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

YDKM wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:25 pm
Well I did my research and FOUND ELVIS'S COMMENTS:-
Elvis made comments about the talking only album at the 24th August 1974 Dinner Show after I got a Woman/Amen and before Love Me. A Woman asks him about the new album he has out in the lobby.... Elvis says..".oh that Album where I talk and don't sing.....I don't know where they got that from!?...well....argh.....oooh..... yeah you can buy it out in the lobby for 22 cents "...... This is at a show where he is talking too much anyway but he answers the woman but dismisses it for the next song .. a wise move . :roll:

And again, this is just a brief dismissal for another silly product at the concession booth outside the showroom.

Imagine what he would have said had he known it was at radio and retail, and being treated like a regular album title.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Yes...when you look back you can see its a negative move done by his management that is an insult. Of cource Elvis used to always kid around before going into a song with the 'Well, Well Well's' but never did he expect an lp of that edited together to come out.I first listened the the Album in 1980 and did actually enjoy the solid 1969 monologue... but the rest? ...well its really embarrassing for an lp selling for around $5!

You Don't Know Me!