Essential Elvis / Elvis soundtrack back on the charts

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: Essential Elvis / Elvis soundtrack back on the charts

Post by emjel »

I wonder why Jaime1234 deleted this reply comment to TheKingOfMusicEP.
TheKingOfMusicEP wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:48 pm

It does much more than only selling music. It is about a better image. The movie Walk The Line made Johnny Cash discover the artist and respect him even more than before and it is the same with Elvis and the movie.
"You wont believe ,my dear albeit unknown friend what I woud do to meet you
personally. Male or female, young or old, sick or well, matron or virgin, whatever you are, all I would need is 10 seconds wirh you, say, you enterng a train, and me leaving it, if only to implore you to halt
wasting your time in answering comments which are not merely earest in thier intent, but which are delvered not just with the du respect that you surely deserve but which can make a difference n the real world. Remember that this is not Facebook, were evetyone under the sun wouod be attentive to your gallant defense of everything Elvis.

What is discussed here stays here, and theefore this is linmited to being a place to learn, have a great
time, everything but argue on points that could not be resolved there, meaning in th ereal world. Agan, things that could not be resolved here,by anyone engaged these, in the public sphere. if this was public, then i
wouldnt even be making this comment to you All the best
"

I certainly found the comment interesting and was equally interested in reading any replies.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: Essential Elvis / Elvis soundtrack back on the charts

Post by emjel »

Lonely Summer wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:48 am
emjel wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:52 pm
TheKingOfMusicEP wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:42 pm
emjel wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:09 am
Lonely Summer wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:18 am
emjel wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:30 am
Lonely Summer wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:34 am
pmp wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:08 am
TheKingOfMusicEP wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:51 am
emjel wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:46 am
TheKingOfMusicEP wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:38 am
pmp wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:22 am
minkahed wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:17 am
That's a pretty big jump from last week. Maybe, hopefully, Essential Elvis could crack the Top 40, if everyone here goes out and buys this thing.. again !!! Ha ha ha
It's really not a big jump at the bottom end of the charts. It only requires surprisingly few sales to achieve that.
It is a big jump from 101 to 49.
It is 52 places better than last week.
It was not at the very end! It was in the middle field, because it is called Billboard 200 and not 100.
It went back to top 50 most selling albums of the USA.
You’re probably talking about 10k copies for Essential and a couple of thousand for the soundtrack.
Yes I am talking about an album that is one of the top 50 selling albums in the USA.
Nothing more and nothing less.
Emjel is talking of 10,000 copies...out of a population of 360,000,000. It's nothing to get excited about. Or, to put it another way, 0.002% of the population bought the album.
Damn! Err...darn! Yeah, nothing to get excited about. Every rock and roll star of the 50's regularly sells that many cds/vinyls/downloads/streams these days.
Indeed, but Elvis wasn’t just a rock n roll star from the 50s so the comparison is questionable.
I guess it depends on who you're talking about. Chuck Berry had hit records in the 50s 60s and 70s. He was doing concerts - and drawing big crowds - into his 80s.
Rick Nelson had hit records in the 50s 60s and 70s and was still touring regularly up until his untimely death in 1985.
Just a a couple examples.
But we hold Elvis to a higher standard, so it's not impressive in the least when his music is still selling decades after his passing? I think it's impressive that ANY music of that vintage still sells in 2023.
Oh I agree, but the point being made is that a few on here act as if Elvis’ chart entries are unique and no other artist could or do achieve such things, when a quick look at the charts shows there are other artists who do just as well or in some cases, better.
In an Elvis forum I can be quite proud if an Elvis Best Of album and an Elvis soundtrack album is among the 200 best selling albums in the USA. There are probably people who have to talk everything down, but we could all be a little happy about the continued success of Elvis.
But as has been mentioned before, the soundtrack album is NOT an Elvis album in the truest sense especially as the majority of sales have been generated by Doja Cat, Eminem and a few others. If they had not been on the album, sales would have been a lot lower.
Just how many times do you expect people to buy Heartbreak Hotel, Don't Be Cruel, Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock, It's Now or Never or Burning Love? I find it impressive that Essential Elvis is still selling AT ALL. After all, Elvis is not an artist like the Beatles, Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin that all the so-called hip people dig.
I'm sure the Charlie Rich estate would like to see their guy doing the kinds of numbers Elvis does in sales, streaming, and downloads.
You reference my quote in which I write about sales of the soundtrack album and then talk about my expectations of people buying Essential Elvis. Is there a connection?

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...