NEW FTD

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

luckyjackson1
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Re: NEW FTD

Post by luckyjackson1 »

So when this "San BernaRdino" FTD gets released can we play a game of "This who will find the glitch can keep it"?

When the evening shadows fall
And you're wondering who to call
For a little company
There's always me

skabillyrebels
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by skabillyrebels »

Why not I will play.

JEFF d
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by JEFF d »

the love letters vinyl looks nice too, the original was always a favorite of mine. gonna have to get it too

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by emjel »

JEFF d wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:44 am
the love letters vinyl looks nice too, the original was always a favorite of mine.

JEFF d
EP fan
was it the look of the vinyl that was a favourite back then too :wink: when you say "gonna have to get it too" I just cannot understand why people buy an album because the vinyl looks nice. :lol:

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

ericleeds

Post by ericleeds »

emjel wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:16 am
JEFF d wrote:
the love letters vinyl looks nice too, the original was always a favorite of mine.

JEFF d
EP fan
was it the look of the vinyl that was a favourite back then too :wink: when you say "gonna have to get it too" I just cannot understand why people buy an album because the vinyl looks nice. :lol:
It looks nice. Even if it doesnt, just buy it for the increasing value when time pass on. Whatever the reason, FTD vinyl’s will be extremely rare.

luckyjackson1

Post by luckyjackson1 »

That's exactly what I was thinking. Can't understand it either. But then yes, the value might really increase for whatever reason.
Some folks even buy every vinyl and say they all sound great! :mrgreen: :P :lol:

For a little company
There's always me

emjel

Post by emjel »

luckyjackson1 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:45 pm
That's exactly what I was thinking. Can't understand it either. But then yes, the value might really increase for whatever reason.
Some folks even buy every vinyl and say they all sound great! :mrgreen: :P :lol:
It will be interesting to see if they do increase in value. I know the earlier ones have and that was probably because some collectors came to the party a bit later and only missed out on a few. I know some fans, including myself, who had the intention of collecting them all but when the prices on some of the later releases suddenly doubled in price overnight to $100 plus postage, we just gave up completely. I could not justify spending nearly $500 for four missing titles, and when that happened, and like others, I did not buy anymore.

So I am not convinced that anyone considering starting a collection of these FTD vinyls these days or further down the line will actually bother as it would cost a fortune to buy 30+ vinyl albums even if you could find them all and pay the original price of $50 each which we know you cannot.

~

luckyjackson1

Post by luckyjackson1 »

Indeed I cannot. Heck even some ten years ago I paid 32,95 euros plus postage for my Jungle Room Sessions FTD Vinyl - and I tell you what: I almost didn't buy it as it seemed A LOT to me.

Funny enough on Discogs they charge ten times as much. For that price I would probably sell mine too.

For a little company
There's always me

luckyjackson1

Post by luckyjackson1 »

Indeed I cannot. Heck even some ten years ago I paid 32,95 euros plus postage for my Jungle Room Sessions FTD Vinyl - and I tell you what: I almost didn't buy it as it seemed A LOT to me.

Funny enough on Discogs they charge ten times as much now :shock: For that price I would probably sell mine too.

For a little company
There's always me

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

emjel wrote:
JEFF d wrote:

JEFF d
EP fan
well shucks sorry you can't understand if someone likes the artwork... but rest assured I will be playing that black wax too.

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

emjel

Post by emjel »

JEFF d wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:33 am
emjel wrote:
JEFF d wrote:

JEFF d
EP fan
well shucks sorry you can't understand if someone likes the artwork... but rest assured I will be playing that black wax too.

JEFF d
EP fan
Mmmm. But you didn’t mention anything about artwork...just the vinyl looking nice.

~

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

don't be a dolt emjel we all know your better than that :lol:

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

OnTourCam

Post by OnTourCam »

pretty tired and sick of the same 1974 shows same old stuff

have they got some decent recordings from 1971 1972-1973 on the road ?

emjel

Post by emjel »

JEFF d wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:01 am
don't be a dolt emjel we all know your better than that :lol:

JEFF d
EP fan
Dolt eh?? So a harmless fun comment and you have to come out with an insult. I knew exactly what you meant....but then maybe you were actually thinking that from the photo, the vinyl did look nice and it turned you on..... it’s just how you write things I guess.... Who knows, who cares....anyway, you enjoy it and happy listening.

PS - and it should be "you’re" better.... :wink:

~

chop983
Registered for: 9 years 7 months

Post by chop983 »

OnTourCam wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:26 am
pretty tired and sick of the same 1974 shows same old stuff

have they got some decent recordings from 1971 1972-1973 on the road ?
Other than the 'On Tour' shows no they don't.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

if i may make a double twofer 1974 suggestion- what about these 2 strong shows Ciscoking?
March 11 - 8:30pm - Hampton, VA. / Hampton Roads Coliseum
Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Woman/Amen - Love Me - Trying To Get To You - All Shook Up - Steamroller Blues - Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - Fever - Polk Salad Annie - Why Me Lord - Suspicious Minds - I Can't Stop Loving You - Help Me - American Trilogy - How Great Thou Art - Let Me Be There - Funny How Time Slips Away - Can't Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp
October 8 - 8:30pm - San Antonio, TX. / Convention Center
See See Rider - I Got A Woman/Amen - Love Me - It's Midnight - Big Boss Man - Fever- Love Me Tender - Hound Dog - The Wonder Of You - If You Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Introductions - Lawdy Miss Clawdy - All Shook Up - Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel - Why Me Lord? - Let Me Be There - Hawaiian Wedding Song - How Great Thou Art - Promised Land - Can't Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Elvis2000
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by Elvis2000 »

YDKM wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:20 pm
if i may make a double twofer 1974 suggestion- what about these 2 strong shows Ciscoking?
March 11 - 8:30pm - Hampton, VA. / Hampton Roads Coliseum
Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Woman/Amen - Love Me - Trying To Get To You - All Shook Up - Steamroller Blues - Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - Fever - Polk Salad Annie - Why Me Lord - Suspicious Minds - I Can't Stop Loving You - Help Me - American Trilogy - How Great Thou Art - Let Me Be There - Funny How Time Slips Away - Can't Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp
October 8 - 8:30pm - San Antonio, TX. / Convention Center
See See Rider - I Got A Woman/Amen - Love Me - It's Midnight - Big Boss Man - Fever- Love Me Tender - Hound Dog - The Wonder Of You - If You Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Introductions - Lawdy Miss Clawdy - All Shook Up - Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel - Why Me Lord? - Let Me Be There - Hawaiian Wedding Song - How Great Thou Art - Promised Land - Can't Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp
Why not Hampton Roads and Richmond (1st show) in one set, San Antonio and Abilene in another?

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Well i thought Abilene (offers nothing special we don't already have)and Richmond had less interesting track listings... (*although Richmond has youv'e lost that loving feeling anf mystery train/tiger man in the show)but sure i would take them if offered!

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Markus K.
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Post by Markus K. »

I‘m not really a fan of sets that mix shows from different tours or engagements - just from a collectors view. It‘s difficult for me to find a good spot to place these sets in my - mostly - chronologically sorted CDs.
In this regard single show releases or consecutive shows would be my favorites.
Generally I‘m not a huge fan of the 1974 setlists as I don‘t enjoy the songs like Help me, Why me Lord or the throwaway versions of Fever or Suspicious Minds. If more releases will come our way - and I‘m sure they will - I‘d prefer anything from the winter Vegas engagement over whatever else there is. And as the sound is usually really good on the Tahoe recordings these would be my second choice.

Rob
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Rob »

I think by now, everyone should be realizing that the majority of what FTD releases will be that from 1974 and 1976. There will be an occasional 1975 and 1977 show. For those hoping for something else, I'm feeling for you right now. The multitracks from April 1972 sit rotting away on a shelf somewhere and we're getting Fresno '74. Sounds like the scraping sound down deep in that barrel is getting louder.

That said......I'm fine with it.

The "On Tour" set from Amiga satisfied this fan to the point that I don't care if FTD EVER releases these shows. I do, however, sympathize with those who choose not to collect bootlegs. Also, I said a long time ago that as long as FTD chooses to release these soundboard shows, I'm in. I still enjoy kicking back and listening to them. It's like sitting in the audience and enjoying shows that I was never meant to hear. I was living life as a teenager in the '70s doing my own thing while Elvis was entertaining thousands. All these years later, I get to hear a part of what the crowd enjoyed that night. Yep, same jumpsuits, same setlist, same routines, etc. But it is a different show in front of a different crowd and I have never heard it before. Do I wish there were other shows available from earlier years? Hell yes! But I'd rather hear an unreleased "run-of-the-mill" 1974 show as opposed to never hearing it at all. For those who say, "they're all the same, heard one, 'heard 'em all" there's nothing I can say to you. I'm just glad that I don't feel the way you do. After all of these years, I still look forward to hearing a show that is new to me. I know my kind are dwindling because years ago there was so much excitement involved when FTD would release a new soundboard. Some of those people, and I could name names, couldn't care less now.

You spoiled rotten brats!

I'm still in the soundboard camp, even if 1974 - 1977 is all that's left. I'll take them 'til there ain't no more.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
emjel wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:06 am
Excellent news.......nothing to buy until possibly the next set of releases, if of course anything comes between these two and the TTWII set of course.
I bet that we´ll get several FTD cd releases in between these 2 February sets and the Summer "That´s The Way It Is" book/cd set :wink:. At least one more Sessions set & a Tour/Las Vegas/Tahoe show.... 8). Bye for now :smt006.

P.S: Kid Galahad/Blue Hawaii Sessions are in the work since last year or so, although my preferences would be: "It Happened At The World´s Fair" or "Girl Happy" :smt020.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

emjel

Post by emjel »

Mike Windgren wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:37 pm
emjel wrote:
Excellent news.......nothing to buy until possibly the next set of releases, if of course anything comes between these two and the TTWII set of course.
I bet that we´ll get several FTD cd releases in between these 2 February sets and the Summer "That´s The Way It Is" book/cd set :wink:. At least one more Sessions set & a Tour/Las Vegas/Tahoe show.... 8). Bye for now :smt006.

P.S: Kid Galahad/Blue Hawaii Sessions are in the work since last year or so, although my preferences would be: "It Happened At The World´s Fair" or "Girl Happy" :smt020.
I’m putting my money on Blue Hawaii Sessions for April, unless they have found a load of outtakes for Girl Happy.

~

Keith Richards, Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Markus K. wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:09 pm
I‘m not really a fan of sets that mix shows from different tours or engagements - just from a collectors view.
Personally, I simply refuse to buy 2 CD sets that mix shows from different tours or engagements. I just won't do it. No sir! :smt018

I have skipped a couple of FTDs because of this.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Keith Richards, Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Rob wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:33 pm
After all of these years, I still look forward to hearing a show that is new to me. I know my kind are dwindling because years ago there was so much excitement involved when FTD would release a new soundboard. Some of those people, and I could name names, couldn't care less now.
This is true. I miss the excitement and sense of discovery from the early days of FTD. That was so much fun.

I rarely buy anything these days because I don't support the idea of complete sessions in chronological order. But I am always interested in new soundboards... as long as they aren't 2 CD sets that mix shows from different tours or engagements! :D

Does anyone know why this forum wants to spell Words with a capital W or Days with a capital D? Did I ever ask my computer to mess with my spelling? How do I turn this stupid thing off?
Last edited by Keith Richards, Jr. on Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

emjel wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:41 pm
Mike Windgren wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:37 pm
emjel wrote:
I bet that we´ll get several FTD cd releases in between these 2 February sets and the Summer "That´s The Way It Is" book/cd set :wink:. At least one more Sessions set & a Tour/Las Vegas/Tahoe show.... 8).

I’m putting my money on Blue Hawaii Sessions for April, unless they have found a load of outtakes for Girl Happy.
I read recently on Facebook that "Blue Hawaii" is not next FTD Sessions, I don´t why... :wink:. Girl Happy Sessions would be interesting, just to get all those unedited masters even if they are sourced from acetates, I don´t mind! :smt020. Bye for now :smt006.
Its not the next sessions it will be done but theirs no plans yet

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/147689408738590/?fref=nf

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.