Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Ginger Alden Today

Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Priscilla in her book wrote that in their last phone conversation (only days before his death) Elvis told her that he wanted to separate from Ginger. Others, including Larry Geller and Billy Smith were convinced that Elvis never wanted to marry Ginger.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:06 pm

All sorts of Elvis would have, Elvis planned....
However, fact is they were together when he died.
Fact is he never re-hired the Wests.
Fact is he never toured Europe or Asia.
Fact is he never recorded .... (insert a title you want him to have recorded).

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Kimi wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Yes, I too wish Charlie Hodge had not written that book of his, filled with falsehoods and hosannas.

What was wrong in the book of Charlie Hodge ?

r&b wrote:Doc, was that the Me 'N Elvis book?

Yes. What a beauty!

840800_Me 'n Elvis_Hodge.JPG
Charlie Hodge, Charles Goodman, Me 'n Elvis (Castle Books, August 1984)

What was wrong is Charlie Hodge crafted a fairy tale of his nearly twenty years of personal and professional experiences with Elvis Presley, giving fans absolutely no insight into the man or his music.

This man travelled to Germany with a privately-grieving Elvis, was there when Priscilla was introduced to the singer a year later, spent time with him on several Paris furloughs (one of them including a backstage jam with the Golden Gate Quartet), was present at virtually every recording session and movie project beginning in March 1960, co-wrote a song with him, helped shape the How Great Thou Art sessions, made hours of home demos with Elvis, was at every live concert from 1968 to 1977, and shared the Presley good times (recording and sales triumphs, girls galore, wedding, Lisa's birth, trips to Hawaii, hit TV specials, return to stage, Jaycees award) and bad (anger, drugs, depression, overdoses).

Had Charlie chosen to co-write his story in an honest manner, with an intelligent and insightful biographer, we would have perhaps one of the top three books on Elvis. Instead he gave fans a product strictly for reading in the bathroom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:56 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Kimi wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Yes, I too wish Charlie Hodge had not written that book of his, filled with falsehoods and hosannas.

What was wrong in the book of Charlie Hodge ?

r&b wrote:Doc, was that the Me 'N Elvis book?

Yes. What a beauty!

840800_Me 'n Elvis_Hodge.JPG
Charlie Hodge, Charles Goodman, Me 'n Elvis (Castle Books, August 1984)

What was wrong is Charlie Hodge crafted a fairy tale of his nearly twenty years of personal and professional experiences with Elvis Presley, giving fans absolutely no insight into the man or his music.

This man travelled to Germany with a privately-grieving Elvis, was there when Priscilla was introduced to the singer a year later, spent time with him on several Paris furloughs (one of them including a backstage jam with the Golden Gate Quartet), was present at virtually every recording session and movie project beginning in March 1960, co-wrote a song with him, helped shape the How Great Thou Art sessions, made hours of home demos with Elvis, was at every live concert from 1968 to 1977, and shared the Presley good times (recording and sales triumphs, girls galore, wedding, Lisa's birth, trips to Hawaii, hit TV specials, return to stage, Jaycees award) and bad (anger, drugs, depression, overdoses).

Had Charlie chosen to co-write his story in an honest manner, with an intelligent and insightful biographer, we would have perhaps one of the top three books on Elvis. Instead he gave fans a product strictly for reading in the bathroom.

Yes, what a letdown that was. Seemed to be aimed at a 10 year old audience.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:12 am

Elvis1970KING wrote::wtf: HOW DID SHE NOT AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

Sunscreen. Works for me.

rjm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD