Off Topic Messages

Any Al Pacino Fans here ?

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:40 pm

If so what are your favorite Al films and why ? I think he has now become, and should be celebrated as, one of the greatest of all time.

What follows are my picks-

Scarface

Heat (awesome cast with De Niro and Jon Voight)

Seprico

Sea of Love

City Hall

He's also been in crappy films but we won't go there on this topic LOL

Re: Any Al Pacino Fans here ?

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 am

Robt wrote:If so what are your favorite Al films and why ? I think he has now become, and should be celebrated as, one of the greatest of all time.

What follows are my picks-

Scarface

Heat (awesome cast with De Niro and Jon Voight)

Seprico

Sea of Love

City Hall

He's also been in crappy films but we won't go there on this topic LOL

Scarface will always be his signature flick.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Dog Day Afternoon was another great film.

I agree about Scarface. This is my favourite film of his.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Excellent bodie that's my second favorite.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Always enjoyed Al's movies..

The Godfather 1 and 2 - Obvious, but man he really owned the Michael Corleone role. Never liked 3, mainly due to the other actors involved, but I didn't believe Michael's character in it.

Carlito's Way - Possibly my favourite Pacino movie. Carlito Brigante, a very likeable character. Super directing and a class soundtrack.

Insomnia - Such an underrated film. You can feel the frustration and desperation being fuelled by lack of sleep and the incessant daylight. Robin Williams is also excellent in this film.

The Devils Advocate - Some like it, some absoloutely hate it. I like it. If anything takes away from the film for me, it's Keanu Reeves' stiff acting. Al suited his role well, and carried it off without too many 'hoo-ha's, which he was quite fond of at the time!

Serpico - Another underrated film. Slow moving but gripping at the same time.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Dog Day Afternoon remains a classic.

I have a soft spot for And Justice For All.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 pm

The Godfather
Dog day afternoon
And justice for all
Author! Author!
Sea of love
Scent of a woman
Carlito's way
Heat
Insomnia

These films are just entertaining to me and i've enjoyed watching them.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:37 pm

I thought Al was fantastic in Glen Garry Glen Ross.

Especially the scene he did with Kevin Spacey when he told him what he thought of him. :D

WARNING: This clip contains very strong language but superbly acted by Al Pacino.
http://youtu.be/rW7WlT6OJxE

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 am

brian wrote:The Godfather
Dog day afternoon
And justice for all
Author! Author!
Sea of love
Scent of a woman
Carlito's way
Heat
Insomnia

These films are just entertaining to me and i've enjoyed watching them.

I was going to have Scent of a Woman on my list , but as good as the movie is, it's too bloody long. I watched it once but could not get through it a second time :lol:

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:17 am

Bodie wrote:I thought Al was fantastic in Glen Garry Glen Ross.

Especially the scene he did with Kevin Spacey when he told him what he thought of him. :D

WARNING: This clip contains very strong language but superbly acted by Al Pacino.
http://youtu.be/rW7WlT6OJxE

A truly brilliant film.Al Pacino was great in it as was the whole ensemble but Alec Baldwin stole the show with his short but memorable role.F@$k You,that's my name! That's the moment my Mum and Dad left the room after telling them I had a nice film to watch that was based on a Pulitzer prize winning play and starring that nice Jack Lemmon.Oopsie.

As for Al Pacino,yes I'm a fan.Loved Serpico,Sea Of Love,Godfather,Scarface,Carlito's Way,Heat,Donnie Brasco,Any Given Sunday,Insomnia

norrie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:02 am

Robt wrote:I was going to have Scent of a Woman on my list , but as good as the movie is, it's too bloody long. I watched it once but could not get through it a second time :lol:

It would be on my list.
And I think it's recently
been released on Blu ray.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:23 am

carolynlm wrote:Justice For All is my all time favourite for Pacino.
I must try and get it on dvd sometime.

For the longest time, you could find it in the $5 bin at WalMart. Haven't seen it around for a while now. Glad I picked it up.

«You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order!» Love it!