Post here your Elvis' pictures

Graceland

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Great shot, unusual to see him at the door.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Graceland

Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Yeah a great shot & i'm surprised we don't see more of this kind of picture, thanks Artymorty

Re: Graceland

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:47 pm

notice the little dog behind him in the doorway shadows.

Re: Graceland

Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:notice the little dog behind him in the doorway shadows.


never noticed until you mentioned it

Re: Graceland

Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:58 am

Fantastic pic!

Re: Graceland

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Looks like 1957 :?
Thanks for sharing ArtyMorty

Re: Graceland

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 pm

javierTCB wrote:Looks like 1957 :?
Thanks for sharing ArtyMorty


You´re absolutely right javier.
The lamps to the right and left of the door are the ones that were there when Elvis bought the house. By November he had changed to some other lamps.
So 1957 is correct.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: Graceland

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Great to see it fuller - thanks

Re: Graceland

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:19 pm

stan from tintane wrote:The full frame picture does include Elvis ' uncle Travis in the foreground (he is delivering the mail up to Elvis), you can also see the stone steps and semi circular wall by the side of them leading up to where the picture posted here is cropped.

Elvis_Travis_Nov_1957.jpg


It is actually November 1957 and even this photo is cropped also. :smt006


Thanks for the more complete photo.
The photo can´t be from November 1957 as Elvis had the lions installed at the top of the steps on August 21, 1957 and one would have been right behind Travis´ head so the photo has to be prior to August 21, 1957.

(Please disregard the info about the photo being from prior to August 21, 1957 date. As stan from tintane pointed out the lion can not be seen as it was more to the left in the photo.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
Last edited by bripet56 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Graceland

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:42 am

Thank you, for uploading. Great pic, especially the uncropped one.
It looks like of the window is open from his bedroom !

Ed

Re: Graceland

Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:34 pm

bripet56 wrote:
javierTCB wrote:Looks like 1957 :?
Thanks for sharing ArtyMorty


You´re absolutely right javier.
The lamps to the right and left of the door are the ones that were there when Elvis bought the house. By November he had changed to some other lamps.
So 1957 is correct.


Bingo! :D

Re: Graceland

Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:46 pm

stan from tintane wrote:
bripet56 wrote:
Thanks for the more complete photo.
The photo can´t be from November 1957 as Elvis had the lions installed at the top of the steps on August 21, 1957 and one would have been right behind Travis´ head so the photo has to be prior to August 21, 1957.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk


Hi Brian, your assumption is incorrect in that one would be behind Travis, the lions are further forward on a square brick set up, not that far back as in the picture.

Travis is stood roughly where (as you look at it in this picture) the right hand side of the left seat.

Image


You´re absolutely correct. My mistake.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk