Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Delta Biggs incident (Christmas 1975)

Thu May 24, 2012 5:05 pm

I know very little about it. What really happened?

Here's a version, but i don't how much of it is true.

Aunt Delta liked to drink a lot and was notorious for her bad temper. Which brings us to a delightful Aunt Delta story I recently discovered. It comes from a website called http://www.10zenmonkeys.com, so I can’t vouch for its accuracy, but it sure is funny.

Let’s go back to Christmas, 1975. Elvis decided to do something different. Instead of giving his buddies their Christmas presents at Graceland, he got everyone transported over to the airport and boarded on to his private jet, the Lisa Marie. Then, they had a big airborne Christmas party, and of course liquor was served. Aunt Delta was aboard, and the cocktail glass in her hand saw plenty of action.

By the time Elvis started passing out jewelry gifts to his posse, Aunt Delta was getting into a nasty mood. She suddenly yelled at one of them:

“You ain’t no damn friend of his! And, I got a good mind to take the .38 I got in my purse and just shoot you dead!” Then, she looked at another hanger-on and said, “And you ain’t worth a sh*t either, you wall-eyed son-of-a-bitch… All you sons of bitches are here for the same thing. You just want his damn money!”

It is stories like this one about Aunt Delta that make writing about Elvis so much fun. There just can’t be any other subject that could provide so much cool material. Elvis, you had the most incredible life.

© 2009 Philip R Arnold, Original Elvis Blogmeister All Rights Reserved http://www.ElvisBlog.net

http://www.elvisblog.net/2009/05/

Re: The Delta Biggs incident (Christmas 1975)

Thu May 24, 2012 5:19 pm

The version of the story you site was lifted from the book, Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations of the Memphis Mafia. Marty Lacker told the story.

Billy Smith spent a long night with Elvis, trying to calm him down and forget about his threat to sew up a certain part of his aunt's anatomy and throw her over the Graceland wall.

In her Playboy interview, Lisa referred to her great-aunt as an "alcoholic diabetic," known for her combustible personality.

Thu May 24, 2012 6:41 pm

elvisjock wrote:In her Playboy interview, Lisa referred to her great-aunt as an "alcoholic diabetic," known for her combustible personality.

Even though that she was an alcoholist, the timing was the worst possible, her style was revolting and the threatening with the gun was criminal, i think what she said that was more or less true in some people's case.

Thu May 24, 2012 6:45 pm

We booked T.G. Sheppard for a couple of shows in a club I managed a few years ago. T.G. spent a lot of time in my office before his shows and I asked him about the incident. He laughed and shook his head and said he remembered that night very well. He aslo said that he saw Elvis angry a few times, but that was the worst.

Aunt Delta was apparently something else.

Fri May 25, 2012 1:58 pm

Rob wrote:We booked T.G. Sheppard for a couple of shows in a club I managed a few years ago. T.G. spent a lot of time in my office before his shows and I asked him about the incident. He laughed and shook his head and said he remembered that night very well. He aslo said that he saw Elvis angry a few times, but that was the worst.

Aunt Delta was apparently something else.

Did T.G. finally come out and mention that he and Elvis really weren't all that close of friends?

Fri May 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Surprised they did not kick her out of the house after 77. She was still there when I went to Graceland the first time. That's why the kitchen was off limits. It was a still an active home.

Fri May 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Lisa Rose wrote:“You ain’t no damn friend of his!". “And you ain’t worth a sh*t either, you wall-eyed son-of-a-bitch… All you sons of bitches are here for the same thing. You just want his damn money!”

Drunks and children tell the truth. 6 months later several hangers-on were fired.

Fri May 25, 2012 3:51 pm

There was also the story in "Revelations...." in which Elvis got very upset at Delta and threatened to sew up her....thingie.

Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 pm

KHoots wrote:There was also the story in "Revelations...." in which Elvis got very upset at Delta and threatened to sew up her....thingie.

It's from the same incident.

Fri May 25, 2012 4:10 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Lisa Rose wrote:“You ain’t no damn friend of his!". “And you ain’t worth a sh*t either, you wall-eyed son-of-a-bitch… All you sons of bitches are here for the same thing. You just want his damn money!”

Drunks and children tell the truth. 6 months later several hangers-on were fired.

To me the most surprising thing is not what Delta did (after all she just told the truth - even if in a disgusting way). I'm rather surprised that Elvis was so angry on Delta. Addiction was a common thing in his family and Delta wasn't an exception. These kind of people need more understanding and tolerance. If someone, Elvis had to know it very much.
In my opinion Delta was cool. Crazy, but cool.
Last edited by Lisa Rose on Fri May 25, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Juan Luis wrote:Surprised they did not kick her out of the house after 77. She was still there when I went to Graceland the first time. That's why the kitchen was off limits. It was a still an active home.

Same here. Until a few days ago i though that she died sometime in the mid-80's. But reading that article it turned out that she died in july 1993 and lived in Gladys' room till then. I'm also surprised that Priscilla and the estate let her to live there until her death.
Does anyobody know why she wasn't buried in Graceland? Side by side with her mother, brother and nephew.
Was it her wish?

Here's an interesting article from 1978: http://www.people.com/people/archive/ar ... 21,00.html

Fri May 25, 2012 10:29 pm

I dont think Priscilla "let" her live there per se... I beleive it was stipulated in Elvis' will that any relative living at Graceland at the time of his death could stay there as long as they wished or something to that effect.

JEFF d
EP fan

Fri May 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Lisa Rose wrote:
elvisjock wrote:In her Playboy interview, Lisa referred to her great-aunt as an "alcoholic diabetic," known for her combustible personality.

Even though that she was an alcoholist, the timing was the worst possible, her style was revolting and the threatening with the gun was criminal, i think what she said that was more or less true in some people's case.

I'm curious about this "alcoholist" business. What, do you combine holistic living with drinkin' booze? If so, then I want in!

Sat May 26, 2012 12:05 am

EPE tried, and failed, to entice Delta with relocation offers. She wouldn't bite. Why would she?

Sat May 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Beavis : "Thingies , thingies and more thingies.....one after the other !" :lol: :smt003

Sat May 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Wasn't there something in Elvis' will about relatives living at the house? Someting about them still being looked after? I maybe wrong,anybody else know anything about this?