Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ALWAYS ON MY MIND LIVE

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:29 pm

did elvis ever even mention it in a concert, let alone perform it?

Re: ALWAYS ON MY MIND LIVE

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:31 pm

dark moon wrote:did elvis ever even mention it in a concert, let alone perform it?

No.

Not sure why he would have mentioned it in concert.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:35 pm

eg, someone requesting it and a la "Moody Blue" Elvis having to at least acknowledge it

Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:15 am

elosolikilapali wrote:Never heard of it, but yes, someone once asked for "the Last Farewell" and he ended up singing "Danny Boy"
:)

Followed by an acapella improptu version of "My Boy".

Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:37 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
elosolikilapali wrote:Never heard of it, but yes, someone once asked for "the Last Farewell" and he ended up singing "Danny Boy"

That was missing on my copy of Tucson '76.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:22 am

midnightx wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:

That was missing on my copy of Tucson '76.

Mine too.

I'm still amazed he actually did "Danny Boy" for real in 1976, and that a fan actually convinced him on the fly to sing it. I would have liked to have heard Elvis do more rare stuff and requests. I'm amazed he still cared enough at that point, to actually perfrom "Danny Boy" live, and even attempt "Moody Blue," at all. By June 1977, somebody actually requests Moody Blue and he more or less tells the fan to forget it.

(I remember after he does Unchained Melody on Feb 16 - Charlie actually goes "Jailhouse?" and Elvis responds - "No way, take it out.")

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:46 am

fg76 wrote:I'm still amazed he actually did "Danny Boy" for real in 1976, and that a fan actually convinced him on the fly to sing it.

elosolikilapali wrote:... someone once asked for "The Last Farewell" and he ended up singing "Danny Boy"

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:13 am

My guess is that Always On My Mind, Last Farewell, and many other rarities were only performed live on stage during the 70's by either Johnny Hara or Orion :(

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:38 am

elosolikilapali wrote:Someone once asked for "the Last Farewell" and he ended up singing "Danny Boy"

But thankfully, Roger Whittaker sang it many times on stage in the 70s.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:16 am

Rob wrote:
elosolikilapali wrote:Someone once asked for "the Last Farewell" and he ended up singing "Danny Boy"

But thankfully, Roger Whittaker sang it many times on stage in the 70s.

I assume you have plenty of underground recordings of such instances?

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:19 am

phpBB [video]