Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis item featured on PAWN STARS cable show.......

Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:04 pm

was checking out ON DEMAND programs on my local cable outlet and ran across a PAWN STARS episode titled THE KING'S BLING. so i thought i'd check it out.
In one segment of the show, a woman walked into the pawn shop and told Rick that she wanted to sell a gold necklace that was once owned by Elvis. The woman was middle aged with long dark hair and her name was Kanani. Rick said that the necklace was apparently made of about 2 pounds of gold and was a rope type design with a clasp with the EP initials on it. Rick asked her "so, how did you get this?' And then, Kanani told the story.
She said that when she was a teenager, she met Elvis. He invited her up to Graceland to visit. She stated that this was right after Elvis' divorce. She became something of a fixture at Graceland and was there all the time. One day, Elvis called her up to his bedroom and said he wanted to give her something. He handed her this necklace and said "Here's something for a rainy day". She has owned the necklace ever since. She even had a certificate of authenticity from Joe Esposito ( which they also showed).
Kanani said she wanted $400,000 for the necklace and Rick said he'd give her $20,000. She refused.

i don't know if i should believe this woman's story or not and here's the reason why. When Kanani was telling the story, she seemed to be choosing her words very carefully and i was under the distinct impression that she may have been making the story up as she told it. Also, all the stories of Elvis' women don't include stories of anyone named Kanani. It's an unusual name that i would have remembered. I also don't understand why Joe Esposito would be issuing certificates of authenticity for Elvis items being privately owned by fans. And, lastly, i think if Kanani was a fixture around Graceland for as long as she hinted, she would have had a photo (or two) of herself and Elvis together and she had none.

The gold necklace pictured is the rope necklace that Elvis wore on the day he received his final divorce decree from the court. He's wearing it in that famous Elvis and Priscilla courthouse photo.

Any thoughts?

Re: Elvis item featured on PAWN STARS cable show.......

Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:25 pm

The name doesn't ring a bell....

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:11 pm

elvisbot wrote:was checking out ON DEMAND programs on my local cable outlet and ran across a PAWN STARS episode titled THE KING'S BLING. so i thought i'd check it out.
In one segment of the show, a woman walked into the pawn shop and told Rick that she wanted to sell a gold necklace that was once owned by Elvis. The woman was middle aged with long dark hair and her name was Kanani. Rick said that the necklace was apparently made of about 2 pounds of gold and was a rope type design with a clasp with the EP initials on it. Rick asked her "so, how did you get this?' And then, Kanani told the story.
She said that when she was a teenager, she met Elvis. He invited her up to Graceland to visit. She stated that this was right after Elvis' divorce. She became something of a fixture at Graceland and was there all the time. One day, Elvis called her up to his bedroom and said he wanted to give her something. He handed her this necklace and said "Here's something for a rainy day". She has owned the necklace ever since. She even had a certificate of authenticity from Joe Esposito ( which they also showed).
Kanani said she wanted $400,000 for the necklace and Rick said he'd give her $20,000. She refused.

i don't know if i should believe this woman's story or not and here's the reason why. When Kanani was telling the story, she seemed to be choosing her words very carefully and i was under the distinct impression that she may have been making the story up as she told it. Also, all the stories of Elvis' women don't include stories of anyone named Kanani. It's an unusual name that i would have remembered. I also don't understand why Joe Esposito would be issuing certificates of authenticity for Elvis items being privately owned by fans. And, lastly, i think if Kanani was a fixture around Graceland for as long as she hinted, she would have had a photo (or two) of herself and Elvis together and she had none.

The gold necklace pictured is the rope necklace that Elvis wore on the day he received his final divorce decree from the court. He's wearing it in that famous Elvis and Priscilla courthouse photo.

Any thoughts?

Got any pictures of the medallion? I tried to watch this episode online but it wouldn't let me..

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:12 pm

I saw that episode ... I think they showed this photo

Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Ah.. I saw that one was listed in an auction for not so long ago.. It started at 250,000$.. Nobody bid on it of course.
Really nice piece though and with good documentation..

Here's some more pics of Elvis with that necklace. Does anyone know who the guy presenting Elvis with the necklace is?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... egp73.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... oom74.html

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Chum Lee would have broke it anyways...lol.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:43 pm

I saw that episode. I have no idea where she got it, but I doubt she got it the way she told. I thought she said she even LIVED at Graceland. So who knows.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:50 am

joshferrell wrote:Chum Lee would have broke it anyways...lol.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Like when he put a ball and chain on top of the glass counter! lol :lol:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:25 am

ian wrote:
joshferrell wrote:Chum Lee would have broke it anyways...lol.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Like when he put a ball and chain on top of the glass counter! lol :lol:

lol... :D

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 am

There was another episode of Pawn Stars (Love Me Spender) with a woman who wanted to sell an early 1955 contract, but at the end it was a carbon copy.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:57 am

elvisnorway wrote:Does anyone know who the guy presenting Elvis with the necklace is?

Barron Hilton

http://www.guernseys.com/Iconic%20Onlin ... ge/58.html