Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:32 pm

JaneTLC wrote:
tahoe76 wrote:
JaneTLC wrote:I understand she's writing a book right now.

Source please? I'd be very interested in reading it.

Her sister.

Which sister? I connected with one of them on Facebook last year. She defriended and blocked me two days later when she discovered that I was also FB friends with Dr. Nick.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:10 pm

Good luck to her.

I have no problem with Ginger. She hasn't been a kiss and teller. She hasn't been a tittle-tattler. She's got on with her life.

Elvis loved her.

Nuff said.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:05 pm

tahoe76 wrote:

They talk about her book in this interview:

http://www.essentialelvis.com/site/latest.php

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:16 pm

elvisjock wrote:
JaneTLC wrote:
tahoe76 wrote:

Her sister.

Which sister? I connected with one of them on Facebook last year. She defriended and blocked me two days later when she discovered that I was also FB friends with Dr. Nick.

Rosemary.
That's interesting. I don't have Dr Nick, and don't want him.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Does anyone know how Ginger's book is coming along?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Whatever anybody else thinks about her there was obviously something that Elvis saw in her.Whether it was as he told larry Gellar that she had his mothers eyes or maybe it was that she looked like Priscilla who knows but he wanted he around and even at that point in his life he still had plently to chose from.
Maybe it was the similarities to his mother and Priscilla and he was trying to recapture an earlier point in his life when he was happy?
Because Ginger hasn't as yet put pen to paper we haven't got her side of the story and because she was around him more than most for the last 8 months of his life I think her recollections should be documented,not for gossip but for a greater understanding of what Elvis was going through in the final months of his life.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Ginger and Elvis were arguing, if you want to believe the people that were there . Because he wanted her to go with him and she didn't want to go. He already had another lady lined up to meet him. Ginger told her story in several interviews in Commercial Appeal and the Enquirer.
As to marriage; that was also debunked by the MM and Billy Smith. Can't just pick the stories you want to hear and believe. Read it all. :)

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 pm

My point exackley everybody,if they were part of the story should be given their chance to tell their side of it.Yes Ginger and Elvis were arguing but he still wanted her there,he was only lining up another girl because Ginger wouldn't go on the first part of the tour.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:45 pm

shawn wrote:Ginger and Elvis were arguing, if you want to believe the people that were there . Because he wanted her to go with him and she didn't want to go. He already had another lady lined up to meet him. Ginger told her story in several interviews in Commercial Appeal and the Enquirer.
As to marriage; that was also debunked by the MM and Billy Smith. Can't just pick the stories you want to hear and believe. Read it all. :)

My point exackley everybody,if they were part of the story should be given their chance to tell their side of it.Yes Ginger and Elvis were arguing but he still wanted her there,he was only lining up another girl because Ginger wouldn't go on the first part of the tour.
I have read most of the books and can look at them each objectivley,I don't believe everything that's put in front of me.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:47 pm

tahoe76 wrote:
jacob wrote:My point exackley everybody,if they were part of the story should be given their chance to tell their side of it.Yes Ginger and Elvis were arguing but he still wanted her there,he was only lining up another girl because Ginger wouldn't go on the first part of the tour.

Right. Billy Smith says thats why Elvis called him and joe to ask to play some raquetball at 4 30ish that morning, and he asked Elvis, because it was unusual for him to go to his room that long, since he'd been back from the dentist, then want to go out and play raquetball. Elvis was frustrated that Ginger, always wanted to be around her mother. Or have them with her all the time. Still her story would be nice to read, and get deeper look at what Elvis' life was like at this time.

Has far asi know she is doing abook

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:50 pm

tahoe76 wrote:
jacob wrote:My point exackley everybody,if they were part of the story should be given their chance to tell their side of it.Yes Ginger and Elvis were arguing but he still wanted her there,he was only lining up another girl because Ginger wouldn't go on the first part of the tour.

Right. Billy Smith says thats why Elvis called him and joe to ask to play some raquetball at 4 30ish that morning, and he asked Elvis, because it was unusual for him to go to his room that long, since he'd been back from the dentist, then want to go out and play raquetball. Elvis was frustrated that Ginger, always wanted to be around her mother. Or have them with her all the time. Still her story would be nice to read, and get deeper look at what Elvis' life was like at this time.

Yes I totaly agree with you,good or bad for him she was a major part of his last 8 months.As Billy said other than Priscilla,Ginger was the only other woman who rejected him.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:51 pm

And that's ok with you? I have the last interview she did from that magazine . Her story hasn't changed and neither has her mothers or sisters. Her mother still insisting Elvis should have paid for her house and blaming EPE for not doing it. Since she quit her job I guess she intended for Elvis to support her too. :wink: IMO, I think Elvis had enough people to take care of and should have taken care of himself.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Vernon didn't let Billy have the trailer Elvis bought for him,there wasn't any chance he would honour anything Elvis had said to the Aldens,according to others he didn't even honour Elvis' last will!
Didn't Vernon have Ginger removed from Graceland?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:10 pm

jacob wrote:Vernon didn't let Billy have the trailer Elvis bought for him,there wasn't any chance he would honour anything Elvis had said to the Aldens,according to others he didn't even honour Elvis' last will!
Didn't Vernon have Ginger removed from Graceland?

If the trailer story is true; then I agree; Billy should have been given that. But, all this has to with Vernon not Elvis. According to Elvis' will Vernon was in charge ; not Billy or anyone else. As for a "different will". that's never been proven. I've read in one of Billy's interviews he said he never read it. So that's debateable. According to some, Vernon asked Ginger to leave, as I would have done in the circumstances.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:17 am

I think it's pretty tacky for anyone to expect to get something just because it was "promised" to them before the person died. It's tacky that the people expected things when Elvis was alive, but when he died those people completely crossed the line. They’re greedy, selfish and lack class. I can't stand when people say, "Oh, but he didn't take no for an answer." Obviously he did, but not too many people had the sense to say no. He was always frustrated that so many people wanted something from him, so I don't see any reason why any of these people would continue to take from him when he was alive and especially afterwards. They all wanted something from him just because he was famous, rich and threw around money and gifts from left to right.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:35 pm

Yes, it's true: Ginger was the only woman after Priscilla who rejected Elvis. But she and her family wanted one thing: money. Coincidence or not, the most disastrous relationship Elvis ever had happened in his last months of his life. Elvis and Ginger had separate bedrooms, Ginger prefered to spend the night with her 20 years old young boyfriend, so even Elvis in his desperate 1977state of mind became to realize that relationship was a "One sided love affair" situation. And some believes even now that Elvis if he had lived, on 28 August 1977 Memphis concert he would announce their marriage?. Sorry to be like a tabloid remark, but, regarding the inner circle, the majority of them doubted that Elvis and Ginger ever had sex.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:36 pm

ginger few days ago :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:ginger few days ago :D :D

Holy Smoke!

Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Wow. Still a beaut.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:46 pm

She is very pretty

Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:12 am

Johnny2523 wrote:ginger few days ago :D :D

Wow Ginger looks amazing! She's 56 now and doesn't look it, nor does it look like she's had any plastic surgery either. I never found her though to be really in love with Elvis the man, but more in love with the image and money. That's just me. Every pic of her with him always seems to be a fake expression.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:18 am

Certainly good looking their is Zero doubt about this. :facep:

Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:31 am

shawn wrote:Her mother still insisting Elvis should have paid for her house and blaming EPE for not doing it. Since she quit her job I guess she intended for Elvis to support her too. :wink: IMO, I think Elvis had enough people to take care of and should have taken care of himself.

I think it was a swimming pool, not a house. If the Alden's explanation is true, the parents were offered a house but were happy where they were and said no. Instead, they accepted Elvis' offer of a pool, as he was quite insistent about it. After he died, they sought the costs of the pool from EPE because honouring Elvis' wishes would have put them in debt.

Is that spin? Perhaps. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt though, mainly because Ginger could have made a fortune with some tacky tell-all tales of Elvis' last year and did not do so.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:49 pm

The Aldens weren't wealthy people, and they must have been in a bind. If they signed a contract to have a pool they couldn't afford installed, on Elvis insistence, then what were they supposed to do?

I believe that there may well have been a discrepancy between Elvis' will, and what was done in the end - I think Elvis probably over promised, and that there simply wasn't enough money to do everything Elvis had written in his will - that was the state his finances were in at the time.

As for whether Elvis slept with GInger, if you've read If I Can Dream by Larry Geller, he explicitly states that they fooled around, but never actually had sex. Elvis was saying he was saving her for their wedding night, as he did with Priscilla, but the truth of the matter is that by this time, he probably wasn't up to it - it's not an indicator of the strength of feeling between them, more of Elvis' condition at the time, but he romantacised it as an excuse.