Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Ginger Alden anno 2010

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:30 am

It is not too often that one comes across recent pictures from Ginger Alden. This girl who found Elvis on 08/16/1977 is not very popular amongst fans for obvious reasons. Since she told her story to the National Enquirer in 1977 or 1978 she has been out of sight for quite a while, at least she did not do that many things I was aware of or interested. But then I looking for something completely different I came across this photo from her attending Mercedes-Benz Bridgehampton Polo Challenge in Bridgehampton, New York. I thought to share this as some of you just might like to see how she is doing today.

Ginger_Alden_Leyser.jpg


Ginger Alden must be 54 years old and is apparently living in Sag Harbor, N.Y., with her husband Ron Leyser, a TV commercial director, since 1991. They have a son named Hunter. The relationship between Alden and Elvis according to People magazine: "They began to date in 1976 when she was 19 and bore a striking resemblance to Elvis's then ex-wife Priscilla. More than a lover, Elvis became her mentor, says Alden, who claims stories of his drug use were exaggerated. "He taught me a great deal, emotionally and spiritually," she says in this article from People Magazine http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20122933,00.html. "He said he felt we were soul mates. I felt the same."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:41 am

"Soul mates"? Yeah right.

"He taught me a great deal, emotionally and spiritually," That's no doubt a very true statement though and I'm sure she carries that with her to this day.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:46 am

tahoe76 wrote:Ginger was put in a hard situation. She was so much younger, less experienced in life in general, and put in Elvis' life at a time where he was an emotional wreck quiet lot those last days I think. But according to those around him that last year, she too was at fault for alot of the heartache he was feeling. He asked, man, why does she act like she doesn't want to be here....to Billy Smith..Great looking girl still..to think...ah nevermind, the what if games are depressing.


We dont know much about their relationship. all we have read is what appears in third parties books with an author to keep interested and a publisher to wrench a cheque from. Maybe she was the wrong girl in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:53 am

kevinstevenage wrote:
tahoe76 wrote:Ginger was put in a hard situation. She was so much younger, less experienced in life in general, and put in Elvis' life at a time where he was an emotional wreck quiet lot those last days I think. But according to those around him that last year, she too was at fault for alot of the heartache he was feeling. He asked, man, why does she act like she doesn't want to be here....to Billy Smith..Great looking girl still..to think...ah nevermind, the what if games are depressing.


We dont know much about their relationship. all we have read is what appears in third parties books with an author to keep interested and a publisher to wrench a cheque from. Maybe she was the wrong girl in the wrong place at the wrong time.


I think that summaries the story quite perfectly. Who are we to be judgmental after almost 35 years? She was 19, was obviously pushed by family and with a man who was completely out of control. It sure is an explosive cocktail. Luckily for her it lasted only 8 months or so. She was indeed the wrong girl, in the wrong place at the wrong moment.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:25 pm

The watermark in the pic made it look like she had a big tattoo on her shoulder LOL.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:19 am

I don't hold anything against Ginger at all - in relation to Elvis I mean! :oops:

She was just a young girl who didn't have the wisdom or experience to even know or cope with what she was getting into. She speaks very positively of Elvis, so that's good.

Still looks great too. Thanks for posting, Alex!

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 am

dannyboy1 wrote:I don't hold anything against Ginger at all - in relation to Elvis I mean! :oops:

She was just a young girl who didn't have the wisdom or experience to even know or cope with what she was getting into. She speaks very positively of Elvis, so that's good.

Still looks great too. Thanks for posting, Alex!


I agree with you totally! and she never tryed to make a living off his name with some trashy book ,
I beleive she a a good woman I have much respect for her!

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:49 am

I understand she's writing a book right now.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:55 am

Husband looks a little like Larry Geller.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:05 am

tahoe76 wrote:
JaneTLC wrote:I understand she's writing a book right now.


Source please? I'd be very interested in reading it.


Her sister.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:13 am

Ginger was in a tough situation with Elvis (and maybe vice-versa) but she hasn't sought to trash his reputation and it is interesting that in the few quotes I have seen from her she consistently says reports of Elvis' drug use were exaggerated.
I know she is younger than Priscilla and Linda but she has aged very nicely judging by this photo.
That does look like a tattoo on her shoulder.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:00 am

promiseland wrote:
dannyboy1 wrote:I don't hold anything against Ginger at all - in relation to Elvis I mean! :oops:

She was just a young girl who didn't have the wisdom or experience to even know or cope with what she was getting into. She speaks very positively of Elvis, so that's good.

Still looks great too. Thanks for posting, Alex!


I agree with you totally! and she never tryed to make a living off his name with some trashy book ,
I beleive she a a good woman I have much respect for her!


The only thing I have a little trouble with is that she sold her story exclusively to National Enquirer in 1977 or 1978 for a large sum of money. She should not have done that. She also talked to one of the Memphis newspapers at the time and according to Careless Love the National Enquirer was so mad about that that they did not pay her the entire sum. Whatever happened however: she was 19 living in a surreal world for eight months. Must have been hard to deal with.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:20 am

Alexander wrote:
promiseland wrote:
dannyboy1 wrote:I don't hold anything against Ginger at all - in relation to Elvis I mean! :oops:

She was just a young girl who didn't have the wisdom or experience to even know or cope with what she was getting into. She speaks very positively of Elvis, so that's good.

Still looks great too. Thanks for posting, Alex!


I agree with you totally! and she never tryed to make a living off his name with some trashy book ,
I beleive she a a good woman I have much respect for her!


The only thing I have a little trouble with is that she sold her story exclusively to National Enquirer in 1977 or 1978 for a large sum of money. She should not have done that. She also talked to one of the Memphis newspapers at the time and according to Careless Love the National Enquirer was so mad about that that they did not pay her the entire sum. Whatever happened however: she was 19 living in a surreal world for eight months. Must have been hard to deal with.


Source?

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:16 am

Luuk wrote:
Alexander wrote:
promiseland wrote:
dannyboy1 wrote:I don't hold anything against Ginger at all - in relation to Elvis I mean! :oops:

She was just a young girl who didn't have the wisdom or experience to even know or cope with what she was getting into. She speaks very positively of Elvis, so that's good.

Still looks great too. Thanks for posting, Alex!


I agree with you totally! and she never tryed to make a living off his name with some trashy book ,
I beleive she a a good woman I have much respect for her!


The only thing I have a little trouble with is that she sold her story exclusively to National Enquirer in 1977 or 1978 for a large sum of money. She should not have done that. She also talked to one of the Memphis newspapers at the time and according to Careless Love the National Enquirer was so mad about that that they did not pay her the entire sum. Whatever happened however: she was 19 living in a surreal world for eight months. Must have been hard to deal with.


Source?


I can only imagine that I read this story in Peter Guralnicks Careless Love but I was not sure. GA is saying something about the National Enquirer in this 2002 fanclub interview: http://www.elvisnews.com/articles.aspx/ginger-alden-interview/192. Thankfully there is google to check and the story is indeed from Gurnalnick. In this newspaper article linked you'll find the story as told by Gurnalnick (who is mentoined as the main source): http://news.scotsman.com/news/Death-in-Memphis.2353006.jp, it contains the following text:

Ginger Alden arranged to sell her story to the National Enquirer in the aftermath of Elvis’s death for a reputed $105,000, an amount substantially reduced when it was discovered that she had violated the exclusivity of her agreement with an interview that appeared in the Commercial Appeal.

I do not care to much for this. It must have been a weird world for a kid of only 19 years old to live in. Happy with the source Luuk?

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:03 pm

AH: There have been some horrific stories that the National Enquirer was called prior to the alarm being raised when Elvis was found in his bathroom on August 16th 1977. It's a tough question, but would any of you like to throw some light on this allegation?

GA: Yes, It is long past time to shine the light of truth on what is a malevolent fabrication. I don't see how the writer can live with himself knowing the lies and vicious rumors he has tried to spread about so many as a last ditch sensationalistic grasp at making money off of his association with Elvis. There was no phone call made by my mother or myself to anyone dealing with a publication of any type on the day that Elvis died. I was stunned and heartbroken and am appalled that anyone would think differently. The day after Elvis' death, our home was besieged by reporters from all branches of the media and tabloids trying to cover this tragedy. You can imagine the scene with more than 500,000 mourners and press from all over the world converging on Memphis. My mother turned everyone away at that time protecting me as I told her I did not want to give any interviews. I finally decided to grant an interview with our local paper to try and set the record straight after seeing Elvis' road manager on our television stating he had found Elvis's body. The tabloids had also returned to our doorstep literally shouting at one another. Next, the National Enquirer told us that Elvis' ex-girlfriend had given them a story and they were going to print a story about Elvis' death anyway so that is how my interview in the National Enquirer came about. As distraught as I was at that time and not knowing what in the world would be said about Elvis, I consented to do an interview for the National Enquirer. I remember Elvis telling me when we first started dating that there would be a lot of people who would be jealous of our relationship. He also asked me if I could handle it. I naively answered yes. I never foresaw the kind of self-promoting denigration of his character and memory that has appeared in print and on television since his death.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:28 pm

Luuk wrote:AH: There have been some horrific stories that the National Enquirer was called prior to the alarm being raised when Elvis was found in his bathroom on August 16th 1977. It's a tough question, but would any of you like to throw some light on this allegation?

GA: Yes, It is long past time to shine the light of truth on what is a malevolent fabrication. I don't see how the writer can live with himself knowing the lies and vicious rumors he has tried to spread about so many as a last ditch sensationalistic grasp at making money off of his association with Elvis. There was no phone call made by my mother or myself to anyone dealing with a publication of any type on the day that Elvis died. I was stunned and heartbroken and am appalled that anyone would think differently. The day after Elvis' death, our home was besieged by reporters from all branches of the media and tabloids trying to cover this tragedy. You can imagine the scene with more than 500,000 mourners and press from all over the world converging on Memphis. My mother turned everyone away at that time protecting me as I told her I did not want to give any interviews. I finally decided to grant an interview with our local paper to try and set the record straight after seeing Elvis' road manager on our television stating he had found Elvis's body. The tabloids had also returned to our doorstep literally shouting at one another. Next, the National Enquirer told us that Elvis' ex-girlfriend had given them a story and they were going to print a story about Elvis' death anyway so that is how my interview in the National Enquirer came about. As distraught as I was at that time and not knowing what in the world would be said about Elvis, I consented to do an interview for the National Enquirer. I remember Elvis telling me when we first started dating that there would be a lot of people who would be jealous of our relationship. He also asked me if I could handle it. I naively answered yes. I never foresaw the kind of self-promoting denigration of his character and memory that has appeared in print and on television since his death.


Well: this is a matter of Guralnick and his sources against GA. Hard for us to judge who is right. The story of GA as printed in the interview raises some question though and it is a pitty the interview has not been done by a proper journalist being a little bit more critical like: did she receive money to reveal her truth and why should one ask any sum of money to set a record straight? Why did she in the first place want to set the record straight that she found the body and not Joe? These questions were needed to be asked if an interviewer would go anywhere near a truth. Professionally seen the GA interview is rubbish actually...

Guralnick is a well-researched biographer but IF he is wrong at this point (or if his sources are lying) the story of GA as told over here is so full of holes and she is so amateurishly interviewed that it is hard to get any truth out of that. Whatever her actions were however, I keep on saying to judge mildly. These are extreme situations for a kid of just 19 and it must have been a surreal environment.
Last edited by Alexander on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Seems as Gingerbread had no problem doing this role..
Not long after Elvis passed away
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Elton wrote:Seems as Gingerbread had no problem doing this role..
Not long after Elvis passed away


Better than writing a book, like a lot of people associated with Elvis did.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Alexander wrote:
Luuk wrote:AH: There have been some horrific stories that the National Enquirer was called prior to the alarm being raised when Elvis was found in his bathroom on August 16th 1977. It's a tough question, but would any of you like to throw some light on this allegation?

GA: Yes, It is long past time to shine the light of truth on what is a malevolent fabrication. I don't see how the writer can live with himself knowing the lies and vicious rumors he has tried to spread about so many as a last ditch sensationalistic grasp at making money off of his association with Elvis. There was no phone call made by my mother or myself to anyone dealing with a publication of any type on the day that Elvis died. I was stunned and heartbroken and am appalled that anyone would think differently. The day after Elvis' death, our home was besieged by reporters from all branches of the media and tabloids trying to cover this tragedy. You can imagine the scene with more than 500,000 mourners and press from all over the world converging on Memphis. My mother turned everyone away at that time protecting me as I told her I did not want to give any interviews. I finally decided to grant an interview with our local paper to try and set the record straight after seeing Elvis' road manager on our television stating he had found Elvis's body. The tabloids had also returned to our doorstep literally shouting at one another. Next, the National Enquirer told us that Elvis' ex-girlfriend had given them a story and they were going to print a story about Elvis' death anyway so that is how my interview in the National Enquirer came about. As distraught as I was at that time and not knowing what in the world would be said about Elvis, I consented to do an interview for the National Enquirer. I remember Elvis telling me when we first started dating that there would be a lot of people who would be jealous of our relationship. He also asked me if I could handle it. I naively answered yes. I never foresaw the kind of self-promoting denigration of his character and memory that has appeared in print and on television since his death.


Well: this is a matter of Guralnick and his sources against GA. Hard for us to judge who is right. The story of GA as printed in the interview raises some question though and it is a pitty the interview has not been done by a proper journalist being a little bit more critical like: did she receive money to reveal her truth and why should one ask any sum of money to set a record straight? Why did she in the first place want to set the record straight that she found the body and not Joe? These questions were needed to be asked if an interviewer would go anywhere near a truth. Professionally seen the GA interview is rubbish actually...

Guralnick is a well-researched biographer but he is wrong at this point (or if his sources are lying) the story of GA as told over here is so full of holes and she is so amateurishly interviewed that it is hard to get any truth out of that. Whatever her actions were however, I keep on saying to judge mildly. These are extreme situations for a kid of just 19 and it must have been a surreal environment.


Well, like the propaganda of the MM always said: we were there and you were not so what do you know? :smt003

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:19 pm

I can picture the National Enquirer acting like this and it would have been difficult for Ginger to deal with.
Thanks for the link Luuk

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Luuk wrote:
Alexander wrote:
Luuk wrote:AH: There have been some horrific stories that the National Enquirer was called prior to the alarm being raised when Elvis was found in his bathroom on August 16th 1977. It's a tough question, but would any of you like to throw some light on this allegation?

GA: Yes, It is long past time to shine the light of truth on what is a malevolent fabrication. I don't see how the writer can live with himself knowing the lies and vicious rumors he has tried to spread about so many as a last ditch sensationalistic grasp at making money off of his association with Elvis. There was no phone call made by my mother or myself to anyone dealing with a publication of any type on the day that Elvis died. I was stunned and heartbroken and am appalled that anyone would think differently. The day after Elvis' death, our home was besieged by reporters from all branches of the media and tabloids trying to cover this tragedy. You can imagine the scene with more than 500,000 mourners and press from all over the world converging on Memphis. My mother turned everyone away at that time protecting me as I told her I did not want to give any interviews. I finally decided to grant an interview with our local paper to try and set the record straight after seeing Elvis' road manager on our television stating he had found Elvis's body. The tabloids had also returned to our doorstep literally shouting at one another. Next, the National Enquirer told us that Elvis' ex-girlfriend had given them a story and they were going to print a story about Elvis' death anyway so that is how my interview in the National Enquirer came about. As distraught as I was at that time and not knowing what in the world would be said about Elvis, I consented to do an interview for the National Enquirer. I remember Elvis telling me when we first started dating that there would be a lot of people who would be jealous of our relationship. He also asked me if I could handle it. I naively answered yes. I never foresaw the kind of self-promoting denigration of his character and memory that has appeared in print and on television since his death.


Well: this is a matter of Guralnick and his sources against GA. Hard for us to judge who is right. The story of GA as printed in the interview raises some question though and it is a pitty the interview has not been done by a proper journalist being a little bit more critical like: did she receive money to reveal her truth and why should one ask any sum of money to set a record straight? Why did she in the first place want to set the record straight that she found the body and not Joe? These questions were needed to be asked if an interviewer would go anywhere near a truth. Professionally seen the GA interview is rubbish actually...

Guralnick is a well-researched biographer but he is wrong at this point (or if his sources are lying) the story of GA as told over here is so full of holes and she is so amateurishly interviewed that it is hard to get any truth out of that. Whatever her actions were however, I keep on saying to judge mildly. These are extreme situations for a kid of just 19 and it must have been a surreal environment.


Well, like the propaganda of the MM always said: we were there and you were not so what do you know? :smt003


Yeah, heard that over and over in my professional career but truth turns out rarely as people tell it to be. You can quote me on that! :D
Like I said without being judgemental: it is basically PGs word against GA.

Here is an video interview with GA: http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/ginger-alden-today-elvis-presleys-former-fiancee-2651087.html

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:34 pm

Every time I read something from any of them, they all keep saying the same phrases and words as if they all rehearsed it together. On a side note, why is it that Rosemary kept acting like she was the one engaged to Elvis instead of Ginger? In Elvis By The Presley's, Michelle did the exact same thing to Priscilla.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Elton wrote:Seems as Gingerbread had no problem doing this role..
Not long after Elvis passed away

Linda Thompson did the Beauty queen movie. I wonder what that was about? The best thing that happened to these girls was Elvis dying. The ship was going down fast and anyone on board was in potential trouble.

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Juan Luis wrote:
Elton wrote:Seems as Gingerbread had no problem doing this role..
Not long after Elvis passed away

Linda Thompson did the Beauty queen movie. I wonder what that was about? The best thing that happened to these girls was Elvis dying. The ship was going down fast and anyone on board was in potential trouble.



Linda wasn't in the movie, though it was based on her story. Linda was in Robocop though!

Re: Ginger Alden anno 2010

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:19 pm

rickeap wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:
Elton wrote:Seems as Gingerbread had no problem doing this role..
Not long after Elvis passed away

Linda Thompson did the Beauty queen movie. I wonder what that was about? The best thing that happened to these girls was Elvis dying. The ship was going down fast and anyone on board was in potential trouble.



Linda wasn't in the movie, though it was based on her story. Linda was in Robocop though!

Thanks for info!