Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Rockin' Robin Rosaaen

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:16 pm

Whatever happened to Rockin' Robin Roseaan?
Seems she totally disapeared out of the Elvis world and e-bay.
Can we categorize her under "P.Lichter / Donna Presley"?
Last edited by Sun Hero on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Rockin' Robin Roseaan

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:49 pm

maybe she retired of the Elvis world. Bought a scarf from her once. Still have it.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:08 pm

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34914&p=450067&hilit=robin+rosaaen#p450067

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:45 pm

Sun Hero wrote:Whatever happened to Rockin' Robin Roseaan?

Garfield wrote:http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34914&p=450067&hilit=robin+rosaaen#p450067

Just to add to the old topic link, Robin Rosaaen, for whatever alleged errors made in selling Elvis items, is a genuine, super-devoted Elvis fan going back more than 35 years.

Robin welcomed me onto her home at one point to discuss possible items to loan for a museum exhibit, and she was gracious, patient and kind.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:20 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:Whatever happened to Rockin' Robin Roseaan?

Just to add to the old topic link, Robin Rosaaen, for whatever alleged errors made in selling Elvis items, is a genuine, super-devoted Elvis fan going back more than 35 years.

Robin welcomed me onto her home at one point to discuss possible items to loan for a museum exhibit, and she was gracious, patient and kind.

In the same note you wrote "........Final verdict -- nice person, but caveat emptor....."
The "caveat emptor" must be based on your experience.....
Do we have to be careful if we (I) want to buy from her......

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:30 am

Sun Hero wrote:In the same note you wrote "........Final verdict -- nice person, but caveat emptor....."
The "caveat emptor" must be based on your experience...

No, I have never purchased anything.

It was a reference to my visit, what appeared to be less expertise displayed on photos and items than what is claimed by others in the "Elvis World." Again, she does not at all appear to be like a Paul Lichter-type of Elvis seller.

Re: Rockin' Robin Rosaaen

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:58 am

A couple of years ago she offered me a pair of sunglasses that she said belonged to e.p. the only problem was that they were only a cheap pair of replicas.. i don't know if she knew this, but since she has been a collector for such a long time i would guess she knew how to spot fake items.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:50 am

elvisnorway wrote:A couple of years ago she offered me a pair of sunglasses that she said belonged to e.p. the only problem was that they were only a cheap pair of replicas.. i don't know if she knew this, but since she has been a collector for such a long time i would guess she knew how to spot fake items.

This is my point: she does not.

Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

She once offered a drumstick for auction on eBay that DJ Fontana used on the Hound Dog recording. Her description said that this drumstick was used by DJ when they recorded Hound Dog in 1955 at Sun Records in Memphis. I wrote her a respectful note pointing out that Hound Dog was recorded in 1956, not 1955, at RCA Studios, not Sun, and that DJ himself has stated that he never participated in any recording sessions at Sun Studios with Elvis. Her message back to me basically told me to f--k off and go play in traffic. I was really impressed by how classy she was and her knowledge. I put her in the same category as Leechter. Big fan (?) but out to make a buck if they can.

Mon May 02, 2011 8:13 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisnorway wrote:A couple of years ago she offered me a pair of sunglasses that she said belonged to e.p. the only problem was that they were only a cheap pair of replicas.. i don't know if she knew this, but since she has been a collector for such a long time i would guess she knew how to spot fake items.

This is my point: she does not.

IIRC she was in a documentary in the mid nineties....they showed her appartment filled / cluttered with Elvis memorabilia.
She showed some original 1956 Tupelo concert ticket stubs, also the coat Elvis wore over his shoulders when he entered his bus after the Houston Astrodome concerts etc.
So I do think she know how to spot fake items.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:41 pm

Sun Hero wrote:So I do think she know how to spot fake items.

When I visited she showed the opposite skill to me. And she wasn't selling, just discussing.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:48 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

When I visited she showed the opposite skill to me. And she wasn't selling, just discussing.

Interesting????

Tue May 03, 2011 8:45 am

eap19351977 wrote:im sorry but some of you people dont know what your talking about i know her for years she does not sell fake stuf shes a very nice friend shes not out to rip fans off like alot of so called elvis collectors do the drum stick and sunglasses are the real thing so stop saying things you know not thing about and if she is reading this thinks for being my friend you rock

May I sell you a period?

Tue May 03, 2011 12:42 pm

I feel obligated to issue a caveat for anyone dealing with Rockin' Robin. I don't doubt her devotion to Elvis but her selling practices were a bit specious and or dubious (or both) to say the least.

Question: Why is Robin no longer selling?

Answer: Because the BBB shut her down after she bamboozled a relative out of thousands of dollars for a bogus bracelet she claimed was Elvis'. The woman literally changed her story 5 times. Elvis bought it himself and then gave it to Sam Thompson. Uh, no. Elvis received it as a gift from Liberace and then gave it to Marty Lacker. Uh, no. Elvis bought it and then gave it to karate master Kang Rhee. Uh, no again. Buck Buckles bought it as a gift to Elvis and because he didn't like it, he gave it away to Sheila Ryan.

Take it from me: do not believe a word that comes out of this woman's mouth.

Tue May 03, 2011 5:30 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
eap19351977 wrote:im sorry but some of you people dont know what your talking about i know her for years she does not sell fake stuf shes a very nice friend shes not out to rip fans off like alot of so called elvis collectors do the drum stick and sunglasses are the real thing so stop saying things you know not thing about and if she is reading this thinks for being my friend you rock

May I sell you a period?

why is it that time of the month :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 03, 2011 6:14 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Just curious, can you spot a fake personality?

Tue May 03, 2011 7:33 pm

Elvis Fan wrote:I feel obligated to issue a caveat for anyone dealing with Rockin' Robin. I don't doubt her devotion to Elvis but her selling practices were a bit specious and or dubious (or both) to say the least.

Answer: Because the BBB shut her down after she bamboozled a relative out of thousands of dollars for a bogus bracelet she claimed was Elvis'. The woman literally changed her story 5 times. Elvis bought it himself and then gave it to Sam Thompson. Uh, no. Elvis received it as a gift from Liberace and then gave it to Marty Lacker. Uh, no. Elvis bought it and then gave it to karate master Kang Rhee. Uh, no again. Buck Buckles bought it as a gift to Elvis and because he didn't like it, he gave it away to Sheila Ryan.

Thank you.....just what I thought !
This is probably also the reason why she "suddenly" parted with E-bay.....

Tue May 03, 2011 7:35 pm

ekenee wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Ask the "Doc"

Tue May 03, 2011 8:24 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

May I sell you a period?

That's your best line this year.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:26 pm

Sun Hero wrote:
Elvis Fan wrote:I feel obligated to issue a caveat for anyone dealing with Rockin' Robin. I don't doubt her devotion to Elvis but her selling practices were a bit specious and or dubious (or both) to say the least.

Thank you.....just what I thought !

Her parting with eBay had to do with the economic climate at the time.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:41 pm

ekenee wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Robin seemed very genuine, and a very devoted fan. Some of the negative comments and hearsay claims do not ring true from my personal experience.

elvisjock wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:Thank you.....just what I thought !

Her parting with eBay had to do with the economic climate at the time.

That would be my view as well.

elvisjock wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

May I sell you a period?

That's your best line this year.

Thank you!

Wed May 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Sun Hero wrote:
ekenee wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Ask the "Doc"

Are you a genuine "Sun Hero" or is that your board ID? I hope you know the difference.

Geoff

Wed May 04, 2011 7:09 pm

tupelo_boy wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:
ekenee wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Ask the "Doc"

Are you a genuine "Sun Hero" or is that your board ID? I hope you know the difference.

Geoff

Are you a genuine "tupelo_boy" or is that your board ID? I hope YOU know the difference little manchester boy......

Wed May 04, 2011 8:31 pm

whos knows how to tell if stuff is real or fake?
i know a guy that makes jumpsuits he almost came close to being sued by bill b. cause he was selling them telling ppl they were the real thing.fake tags and everything.

Wed May 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Sun Hero wrote:
tupelo_boy wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:
ekenee wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Ask the "Doc"

Geoff

Are you a genuine "tupelo_boy" or is that your board ID? I hope YOU know the difference little manchester boy......

Touche! :roll:

Geoff