Post here your Elvis' pictures

Rare Lisa, Priscilla, Shirley Dieu,& Cindy Esposito 1977

Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:53 am

Movie premiere: Raggedy Ann - Century City / Westwood (LA)
release date april 1 - April 77

LR: Lisa, Priscilla, Shirley Dieu, Cindy Esposito

Cropped photo - Courtesy: B. Myrrick / friend of Shirley and MIss Texas in 1970...

below more info about her father Bill Myrick and Elvis (edited):

My father, BILL MYRICK, & ELVIS PRESLEY both began life with their births in Mississippi and would be shaped by growing up in gospel music and their weekend dedication to listening to the GRAND OLE OPRY and they would both later appear on the LOUISIANA HAYRIDE. They didn't meet at any of those places though...they would, indeed, meet in the birthplace of ROCKABILLY out in West Texas...Odessa to be specific. Also, they share common Cherokee, Welsh, and Hebrew heritage as well as their Southern gospel, bluegrass, country, rockabilly roots which, perhaps, explain why my oldest son Tom sings so much like Elvis as does my brother Marty and why Marty and my youngest son Beau look so much like Elvis.

BILL MYRICK, joined the Army's 25th Division during WWII and served as a combat medic in the Pacific inclusive of the Philippines. After the war, Bill's first professional country/bluegrass music job was with the "FATHER OF BLUEGRASS" music whom he had listened to so reverently on the GRAND OLE OPRY..."BILL MONROE AND THE BLUEGRASS BOYS" from 1947 to 1950 when we then moved from Louisiana to Texas where he formed the 1st professional Bluegrass group in the State of Texas with his Army buddy, ED MAYFIELD, which was "BILL MYRICK AND THE MAYFIELD BROTHERS," including Ed and his brothers, Smokey and Herb, ranchers from the Panhandle of Texas where we lived for about a year. They quickly became the talk of the industry and were asked to be regulars on the "LOUISIANA HAYRIDE" when Ed was drawn away from the group to play for Bill Monroe and Herb and Ed Smokey decided they weren't cut out for being on the road in the music business and returned to ranching. With their cowboy good looks and cowboy style and wonderful music they created, their rise to stardom was about as guaranteed as any can be but the group disbanded. The MAYFIELD BROTHERS also had a sister, Lorena Mayfield, who married a man named Freeman Curtis and Lorena was my mother's best friend. Freeman Curtis was the uncle of a man named Sonny Curtis who was part of "BUDDY HOLLY AND THE CRICKETS" along with Waylon Jennings, Tommy Allsup, and Weldon Myrick, at one point in time, and after Buddy's death Sonny Curtis went on to become well known on his own by writing the theme song from "THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW."

Bill & wife, LaVerne, moved with their daughter, Bellinda, (me,) to Odessa further into the heart of West Texas on the advice of Bill's friend, HANK WILLIAMS, and Bill created a place for himself in the country/rockabilly music scene of West Texas with his nightclub performances and, especially, with his monthly 'opry' venue, "THE PIONEER JAMBOREE," that he hosted at the ECTOR COUNTY COLISEUM as well as hosting a weekly Saturday television show on KOSA TV of the same name in addition to hosting a daily radio show at KECK where he would be one of the earliest promoters of the records of ELVIS PRESLEY.

ELVIS PRESLEY's record, "BLUE MOON OF KENTUCKY," written by BILL MYRICK's old boss and mentor, BILL MONROE, showed up on BILL MYRICK's desk one day at the radio station. Bill certainly responded to the sounds of music that he had grown up with in gospel, country, and bluegrass music eminating from the voice of ELVIS PRESLEY. Immediately, Bill began playing Elvis' records and asking fellow disc jockey, KEITH WEBB, to do the same at his station in Midland. Bill's response to ELVIS PRESLEY's records is what created the 1st early success for Elvis and his music. It is a year in history that had, until recently, been neglected by Elvis' historians until SONY records researcher, ERNST JORGENSEN, on loan to RCA began tracking down the information and found himself visiting with BILL MYRICK and saying that all roads led to him as being the one who launched the ground swell for Elvis' career. ERNST JORGENSEN has written one book about ELVIS PRESLEY already that mentions BILL MYRICK but has another one soon to be published which will cover the 'missing year' of Elvis' early success.

Shortly after Bill started promoting Elvis' records, ELVIS PRESLEY, SCOTTY MOORE, and BILL BLACK were on their way into West Texas when Elvis' Cadillac broke down on the outskirts of town. Country singer, GORDON TERRY, drove by and gave them a lift into town where Elvis called BILL MYRICK and he picked them up and called a tow truck to take the car to the mechanic. While they waited, Elvis asked BILL MYRICK if he wanted to go see "JAILHOUSE ROCK" with him as he noticed it was playing at the ECTOR THEATRE. Now, all biographers that I've ever read say that Elvis never did see the movie "JAILHOUSE ROCK" because he was too broken up about the car accident death of his co-star JUDY TYLER and her husband...but, indeed, Elvis did see the movie with my father that day.

While watching the movie, Elvis kept telling Daddy about various things that had happened during filming and there were 2 teenage girls behind them that leaned forward and asked them to "BE QUIET!" Well, Daddy got quite a giggle out of telling the two girls that, indeed, that had been ELVIS PRESLEY that they told to be quiet!

My father, BILL MYRICK, today, after retiring from the music business in 1963, retired from the business world and came back to his 1st love of Bluegrass music and at age 80 has a National Public Radio show, "SILVERGRASS AND PURPLE SAGE," which is broadcast over KOCV-FM in Odessa, Texas and carried on the internet at:

Many years later, I met Elvis in his dressing room at the LAS VEGAS HILTON after his show one night in December 2006 just a few short months before he died August 16, 1977. Also, in the dressing room, I met his fiance Ginger Aldena and his road manager/best friend Joe Esposito and Joe's longtime girfriend Shirley Dieu. Shirley and Ginger and I had a really long conversation and found out that Elvis and Ginger had been routing for "Miss Texas" Carmen McCollum to win "Miss America" though she came in runner-up. Carmen was the longtime girlfriend of my brother and I had helped her in her quest for "Miss America." Shirley Dieu and I found out that we lived just 2 blocks away from each other in Beverly Hills. Actually, I was 1 street outside of Beverly Hills at 100 South Doheny just 3 floors under John Travolta! Anyway, Shirley and I became best friends and still are to this day. On my My Space page here, you can see pix of Shirley and I and Shirley and Elvis as well as a picture taken with me standing next to the photographer, (unseen,) when I invited Shirley and Priscilla Presley and Lisa Marie Presley, abt. age 9, along with Joe's daughter, Cindy, and Shirley's neice, Cindy, and Shirley's sister, Rita, to the THALIANS' "RAGGEDY ANN, RAGGEDY ANDY" movie premiere in Century City. After Elvis died, I had been at Shirley and Joe's apartment helping to field the massive amount of telephone calls that came in after the devastating news hit.

http://www.myspace.com/bellindamyrickba ... /246636470

Re: Rare Lisa, Priscilla, Shirley Dieu,& Cindy Esposito 1977

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:29 am

Thnx E-Cat,

Here is a smaller but better photo angle

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 am

Terry wrote:Thnx E-Cat,

Here is a smaller but better photo angle

Since Lisa was in the pic I asked Shirley to upload the photo on behalf on Bellina (her best friend)
As you can see it was added after my request of yesterday, but still does not represent the full
story between Bellina and her Father Bil Myircks who played a great role in Southern Music.

btw: the other peoppe on the left is Rita - Shirley's sister...I think I have a better version somewhere
and the photo Ron Gallela later took just later that day.

Still in interesing too see how they had fun etc, without having clue her father died shotly after....

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:16 am

great to see the complete photo! thank you :smt006

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:49 am

lvs4evr wrote:ron gallela was despised by ELVIS after it was known he was selling photos , especially the worst ones to the sun and enquirer.

lvs4evr.....what is the source of this rumor ?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:00 am

lvs4evr wrote:
E-Cat wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:ron gallela was despised by ELVIS after it was known he was selling photos , especially the worst ones to the sun and enquirer.

ron gallela himself admited this , and stated that he started to photograph ELVIS when LISA was born , he stated that ELVIS and the colonel denied acess to his shows in late 76-77 [a current affair 1987].

There were security issues with Lisa in public places (espcially after gallela showed up in the garage of the movie theater). So that could have been Ron's last assigment in April 1977. However, as I know that Shirlry & Rita Dieu were there with Lisa / Priscilla and Cindy Esposito without even Elvis security on side..security changed drastically a lot after this....

Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:57 pm

I wacthed a Documentary about Ron Gallela the other day. Strange guy. He took some pretty famous photos of Elvis.

Also Bellinda has another MySpace Page. Here are some of her comments - INTERESTING!

Then there was the legendary producer, HAL B. WALLIS, multiple ACADEMY AWARDS to his name for such legendary movies as “CASABLANCA,” “BECKET,” and so many more great movies as well as producing all of the movies that ELVIS did. When I read that HAL WALLIS was doing a remake of the HAROLD ROBBINS’ book “A STONE FOR DANNY FISHER” which had, originally, been rewritten as a starring vehicle for ELVIS PRESLEY as the movie “KING CREOLE,” I was so thrilled. CAROLYN JONES had starred with ELVIS in the movie as the ‘girl singer’ “RONNIE."

HAL WALLIS was intent on returning to the original story line which was, for the most part, completely different than the story that would become "KING CREOLE."

I had initially made a 'cold call' to the office of HAL WALLIS and spoke with Mr. Wallis’ secretary whose name was, I believe, Marge, (I can't believe I can't remember with certainty..but think that's right,) who arranged an interview with Mr. Wallis a few days later. We hit it off immediately. Maybe that wasn’t surprising because he was a wonderfully down to earth gentleman and/or maybe it was because I was yet another 'platinum' blonde, Texas girl to walk through his door many years after he married beautiful actress MARTHA HYER, another very famous plantinum blonde from Texas and they were still married after many years. Mr. Wallis had also somewhat discovered actress LIZABETH SCOTT who starred in “LOVING YOU” with ELVIS. I was definitely a MARTHA HYER and LIZABETH SCOTT type when I walked into Mr. Wallis’ office so, perhaps, they had been his vision all along for the female lead roll in “A STONE FOR DANNY FISHER,” but, whatever it was, I was grateful that he immediately told me he wanted me to play the part.

Mr. Wallis even told me that I should never change my name because, like ELVIS PRESLEY, there was only one BELLINDA MYRICK in the world. Our names were unique and made us stand apart. Well, of course, there was excitement on part like crazy. I was so honored to be chosen for this role.

Unfortunately and very sadly, for so many reasons, I received a telephone call from HAL WALLIS’ secretary but she called to tell me that Mr. Wallis was dead of a heart attack and had died at his home in Palm Springs.

We were still in pre-production on the movie when the call came and, of course, I was and still am so very sad that this wonderful opportunity of playing the lead female character in “A STONE FOR DANNY FISHER” was never to be but I am still so unbelievably honored that the legendary HAL B. WALLIS had enough faith to cast me in the part.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:19 pm

lvs4evr wrote:
E-Cat wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:
E-Cat wrote:

ron gallela himself admited this , and stated that he started to photograph ELVIS when LISA was born , he stated that ELVIS and the colonel denied acess to his shows in late 76-77 [a current affair 1987].

There were security issues with Lisa in public places (espcially after gallela showed up in the garage of the movie theater). So that could have been Ron's last assigment in April 1977. However, as I know that Shirlry & Rita Dieu were there with Lisa / Priscilla and Cindy Esposito without even Elvis security on side..security changed drastically a lot after this....

ron took some real great candid photos of ELVIS in philly 73- i believe paul sweeney has some of the photos posted , these are somewhat like the same photos ron took and sold to enquirer etc.. He also took many rolls of film from the msg press confrence along with many great concert pis of msg performances.

I thought Gallela did the photo shoots of Priscilla after the divorce The set where she's on a diving board by the pool and I believe he did some of her at her store, I also recall seeing a photo of them together. How strange to hear that Elvis despised him.

Priscilla and Ron Gallela during her photo shoot ImageImage