Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Elvis concerts where he introduces Priscilla?

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:57 pm

Hello, my name is Daniela and I'm from Chile, I have 24 years and I'm a huge Elvis's fan, I have a question, anybody knows in wich concerts (with Cd or Cdr or audio) Elvis introduces his family: Priscilla, Lisa marie or even Priscilla's family or talk about them, I have these cds:
-Desert Storm
-True love travels on a gravel road
-and some concert in december 76 when he dedicated the song my way to Priscilla's parents.

Please if anybody can help

Re: Elvis concerts where he introduces Priscilla?

Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:03 pm

Don't forget the many introductions of his dad on tour in June 1977.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:08 pm

Didn't he introduce Lisa Marie as well as his Dad on 76' New Years show?

Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:57 am

Did Elvis dedicate My Way to Pris' parents in 1976? I don't know about that. He did dedicate Help Me Make It Through The Night to them at both shows on December 13, 1975. We have both shows on soundboard. He introduced Lisa on New Year's Eve 1976 in Pittsburgh.

Wasn't she at the opening or closing show in Vegas, Jan/Feb 1970?

Steve L.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:11 pm

stevelecher wrote:Did Elvis dedicate My Way to Pris' parents in 1976? I don't know about that. He did dedicate Help Me Make It Through The Night to them at both shows on December 13, 1975. We have both shows on soundboard. He introduced Lisa on New Year's Eve 1976 in Pittsburgh.

Wasn't she at the opening or closing show in Vegas, Jan/Feb 1970?

Steve L.

'Help Me Make It Trough The Night' was dedicated to the parents of Linda Thompson, not Priscilla's.

About 'My Way' '76, yes he did and he also dedictaed 'Sweet Caroline' to Pricilla's Father during the February 2nd 1973 MS.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:18 pm

he introduced Lisa-Marie already at shows in Nov 1972 (Longbeach for instance). Later on also in Vegas August 1973 where he often dedicated The first time ever I saw your face to her. And then change the verse of "ever I lay with you" into "ever I held you close".

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:40 pm

merry77 wrote:he introduced Lisa-Marie already at shows in Nov 1972 (Longbeach for instance). Later on also in Vegas August 1973 where he often dedicated The first time ever I saw your face to her. And then change the verse of "ever I lay with you" into "ever I held you close".

Absolutely correct...merry77....thank you.. :smt006

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:09 am

stefan kock wrote:'Help Me Make It Trough The Night' was dedicated to the parents of Linda Thompson, not Priscilla's.

You might want to give that another listen.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:22 am

Rob wrote:
stefan kock wrote:'Help Me Make It Trough The Night' was dedicated to the parents of Linda Thompson, not Priscilla's.

You might want to give that another listen yourself Rob. Come back to me when you've listened to both 'Dinner At Eight (dinner show) and Just Pretend (midnight show).

Someone is clearly saying (and it ain't good ol' Charlie) before 'Help Me Make It Trough The Night':

Dinner At Eight:
This next song that we're gonna do is a request from ... Some people from Memphis are here ... Mr. and Mrs. Thompson ...

Just Pretend:
This is a request for 'Help Me Make It Trough The Night. This is for Mr. and Mrs. Thompson.

As far as I know they are Linda's parents, not Pricilla's.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:54 am

Well I said it so it gave me a chance to listen to an old favorite, JUST PRETEND. I was wrong; the dedication was to Mr. and Mrs. Thompson. Sorry for the confusion. I could have sworn...

Steve L.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:05 am

stefan kock wrote:
Rob wrote:

You might want to give that another listen yourself Rob. Come back to me when you've listened to both 'Dinner At Eight (dinner show) and Just Pretend (midnight show).

Someone is clearly saying (and it ain't good ol' Charlie) before 'Help Me Make It Trough The Night':

Dinner At Eight:
This next song that we're gonna do is a request from ... Some people from Memphis are here ... Mr. and Mrs. Thompson ...

Just Pretend:
This is a request for 'Help Me Make It Trough The Night. This is for Mr. and Mrs. Thompson.

As far as I know they are Linda's parents, not Pricilla's.

I'll take your word for it without listening to the show. For some reason, I thought too that it was Priscilla's parents.

Thank you for the correction.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Elvis got a present for Lisa and talks about her : august 31,1974 MS

Thank you Cisco. :wink:

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Hey,..you`re an expert.. :smt006

::rocks

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:44 am

i got to listen to these again many thanks everyone.