Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:58 pm

I have this vinyl for a long time now, but really don't know any info or background about it. A friend of mine told me, this could be a bootleg. Has somebody have or seen this, and know's something about it. I would be glad to hear. I like to know if this was limited, regular or rare. Whas this a series of vinyl? Does it have any value? I have a smal knowledge regarding vinyl, so help me out guys. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:19 pm

In 1978 released with two others:

Sun EP 100 - That's all right;
Sun EP 101 - Good rockin' tonight.

All bootlegs; it is worth what some one wants to pay for it (around € 25 each if in excellent quality).


colonel snow

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 pm

thanks colonel

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Mon May 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Pretty sure this is live from '55 maby Hayride

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:23 pm

promiseland wrote:Pretty sure this is live from '55 maby Hayride


I really don't think it's '55 live material. I never played it.

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:35 am

It's the Sun songs all taken from mint Sun 45's.

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Mike Eder wrote:It's the Sun songs all taken from mint Sun 45's.

IIRC, they used mint Sun 78 RPMs as their source.

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:21 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Eder wrote:It's the Sun songs all taken from mint Sun 45's.

IIRC, they used mint Sun 78 RPMs as their source.

Cool thanks for the correction. Looking forward to getting these as I just found copies.

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:54 pm

In reading the back cover, I noticed that Billboard gave an 80 to "Milkcow Blues Boogie", the highest rating of any of the Sun sides listed. This is really interesting in light of the low sales reported for this record.

Maybe the mystery will be solved in "A Boy From Tupelo"...

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:36 pm

I don't have the new vinyl bootleg book, but does anybody know if this one is listed in the book?

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:41 am

mountaindog wrote:I don't have the new vinyl bootleg book, but does anybody know if this one is listed in the book?

IIRC, definitely yes.


Rtn 2 Sndr wrote:In reading the back cover, I noticed that Billboard gave an 80 to "Milkcow Blues Boogie", the highest rating of any of the Sun sides listed. This is really interesting in light of the low sales reported for this record.

Maybe the mystery will be solved in "A Boy From Tupelo"...

No mystery here. It was simply better received by Billboard than the public. There may have also been some distribution snafus with Sun 215 as well. It's Elvis' weirdest Sun A-side for sure.

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:08 pm

ok thanks johnny

time to get the book then, can be an interesting read

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:23 am

mountaindog wrote:ok thanks johnny

time to get the book then, can be an interesting read

yeah almost!! :smt003 :smt005 look for it on google, very easy. there is a picture also, so funny

Re: Elvis sun ep-102 bootleg?

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:18 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
mountaindog wrote:ok thanks johnny

time to get the book then, can be an interesting read

yeah almost!! :smt003 :smt005 look for it on google, very easy. there is a picture also, so funny


now, that's funny :D

But on google i can't find pics of this ep. But a picture of you straight away. smt137