Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Raquel Welch In Roustabout

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:31 pm

I've always wondered where Raquel Welch appears in Roustabout. I know she was "uncredited" as a "college girl". Has anyone got any screen grabs of her in the film or any photos or stories of her meeting Elvis?

Thanks.

Re: Raquel Welch In Roustabout

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:40 pm

It's one of the girls in the shower.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:49 pm

jon_burrows wrote:I've always wondered where Raquel Welch appears in Roustabout. I know she was "uncredited" as a "college girl". Has anyone got any screen grabs of her in the film or any photos or stories of her meeting Elvis?

In the very first scene, she enters the 'teahouse' where Elvis sings, & sits at a table with a group of students talking to the waitress.

She has the one line "Why do they call it a teahouse, dear ?"

Grabbed Frame [amended].JPG

She's in the light blue outfit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ColinB on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:04 pm

ColinB wrote:
jon_burrows wrote:I've always wondered where Raquel Welch appears in Roustabout. I know she was "uncredited" as a "college girl". Has anyone got any screen grabs of her in the film or any photos or stories of her meeting Elvis?

In a very early scene, she's in the 'teahouse' where Elvis is singing, sitting at a table with a group of students talking to the waitress.

Is this when Elvis sings "Poison Ivy League"?

So she's not one of the girls in the shower?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:09 pm

jon_burrows wrote:
ColinB wrote:

In a very early scene, she's in the 'teahouse' where Elvis is singing, sitting at a table with a group of students talking to the waitress.

Is this when Elvis sings "Poison Ivy League"?

So she's not one of the girls in the shower?

No, she doesn't appear in the shower scene [no matter what you've read elsewhere] !
Last edited by ColinB on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Her recently published book highlights a studio portrait of six or seven girls surrounding Elvis at the time of filming Roustabout, with an indication on the photo of where she's standing. Cool. I would not have recognized her from the photo.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:23 pm

ColinB wrote:

In the very first scene, she enters the 'teahouse' where Elvis sings, & sits at a table with a group of students talking to the waitress.

Grabbed Frame [amended].JPG

She's in the light blue outfit.

Thanks ColinB,

I've found a photo at Elvis.com.au, here's the link;

http://www.elvispresleymusic.com.au/pic ... welch.html

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:42 pm

It is correct that she is not in the shower. When people sell the photo of the outside shower scene on ebay they always say that one of the girls is Raquel. Not so. She is, however in one of the color stills (USA set) from the movie. Elvis is on stage in the club doing Poison Ivy and Raquel is in the forground in her blue dress. You can only see her from the shoulders up.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:37 pm

As noted, the 23 year-old fledgling starlet appears in the tea house scene.

Raquel Welch - Roustabout (1964)

Welch has never spoken kindly of her film debut, and some claim she omits it from official materials.

---

The actress in the shower scene is the gorgeous 23 year-old Canadian Beverly Adams. She may also be seen in "Girl Happy."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Adams

Beverly Adams 1964

Beverly Adams - Roustabout (1964)

Adams scored a credited role as "Lovey Kravezit" in the Dean Martin "Matt Helm" spy films:

Beverly Adams - The Silencers (1966)

Enjoy!

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:21 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

As noted, the 23 year-old fledgling starlet appears in the tea house scene.

Welch has never spoken kindly of her film debut, and some claim she omits it from official materials.

---

The actress in the shower scene is the gorgeous 23 year-old Canadian Beverly Adams. She may also be seen in "Girl Happy."

Beverly Adams 1964

Adams scored a credited role as "Lovey Kravezit" in the Dean Martin "Matt Helm" spy films:

Enjoy!

Enjoy indeed Doc.

Thanks, that was both interesting and informitive.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:11 pm

jon_burrows wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:As noted, the 23 year-old fledgling starlet appears in the tea house scene.

---

Beverly Adams 1964

Enjoy!

Enjoy indeed Doc.

Thanks, that was both interesting and informative.

You are very welcome. Adams was quite a looker!!

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks also for that bit of trivia Doc.

Adams was certainly hot. :smt007

There is another really attractive female in Roustabout who had an un-credited role.

When Elvis sings 'Carny Town', the dark-haired dancer nearest to Elvis is a stunner at 0:56secs of this clip.

phpBB [video]

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Can you spot the great Terri Garr up there?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:10 pm

she is at the tip of the guitar.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Yes!

Garr later remembered that boorish director John Rich threatened to fire her because he thought her dancing was poor, and Elvis stood up for her.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:11 am

I can't say why specifically but Roustabout is one my favorite Elvis movies... I never mind putting the DVD in now and then. I do enjoy the soundtrack... maybe that has something to do with it. Also, Leif Erickson and Barbara Stanwyck were both fine actors that added some credibility to the production.

Image Image

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:56 am

Is it just me, or were women more appealling in the 60's than they are now? I'd take a young Ann Margret, Raquel Welch, Briget Bardot, Michele Carey or Jocelyn Lane over any of the so called beauties of today! 8)

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:54 am

Oh, there are plenty of Hollywood lovelies in 2010.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:07 am

Well I always believed Raquel was in the shower scene so t6hanks for putting me right

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:12 am

rickeap wrote:Well I always believed Raquel was in the shower scene so t6hanks for putting me right

Adams ain't too shabby though!

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:23 am

rickeap wrote:Well I always believed Raquel was in the shower scene so t6hanks for putting me right

Your'e welcome, rickeap !

Always a pleasure !

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:09 pm

jake wrote:Is it just me, or were women more appealling in the 60's than they are now? I'd take a young Ann Margret, Raquel Welch, Briget Bardot, Michele Carey or Jocelyn Lane over any of the so called beauties of today! 8)

dude you must be gettin old.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:11 pm

jake wrote:Is it just me, or were women more appealling in the 60's than they are now? I'd take a young Ann Margret, Raquel Welch, Briget Bardot, Michele Carey or Jocelyn Lane over any of the so called beauties of today! 8)

Well, anyone with a pulse would be partial to the women on that list. But there are plenty of beauties abounding today.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:34 pm

KHoots wrote:

Well, anyone with a pulse would be partial to the women on that list. But there are plenty of beauties abounding today.

Ain't that the truth! :wink:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Joe Car wrote:
KHoots wrote:Well, anyone with a pulse would be partial to the women on that list. But there are plenty of beauties abounding today.

Ain't that the truth! :wink:

That's what I said!