Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

THE ELVIS SHOP IN LONDON

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:11 pm

just wanted to let the collectors out there know what a great guy CHRIS is at the elvis shop in london bought a few items on line from him and got super fast service to the U.S. and had 2 emails from him , i been buying from CHRIS for 20 years now , and ever since i met him in Memphis back in the 80's he treated me like a friend and i just wanted everyone to know this. ::rocks +

Re: THE ELVIS SHOP IN LONDON

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:24 pm

ric of greensboro wrote:just wanted to let the collectors out there know what a great guy CHRIS is at the elvis shop in london bought a few items on line from him and got super fast service to the U.S. and had 2 emails from him , i been buying from CHRIS for 20 years now , and ever since i met him in Memphis back in the 80's he treated me like a friend and i just wanted everyone to know this. ::rocks +

I agree
Chris is a wonderful person :)
I ordered few FTDs before and was very happy with his service
By the way is it a real Shop i could go visit and buy or just on- line orders ?
sincerely
Lior :smt006

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Chris closed the shop a few years ago.
He's working on line : www.theelvisshoplondon.com
He's currently helping Rijff & Roy with supplying
rare vinyl for our topic in the picture section:
Echoes of the past , part-2.
He's the best in the world. I say so. I know. :wink:

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:29 pm

I agree with what others have just said - super quick service AND very very careful packaging of your precious goods. Chris is also one of those fans who really loves Elvis and values him as a human being.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:00 pm

I have known Chris since the eighties and have to say he is not that great...........just kidding he is a great guy :wink:

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:14 pm

i think there's nothing but love for our man chris, tallhair if u just knew how many of your books that chris got u to sign for me , that's the extar steps chris would take to keep me happy

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:23 pm

Was with Chris last week, known him since the 70s!!!!!

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Since the seventies?!!?
Youve known Chris since the seventies?
Any truth to the stories he wore his hair
hippy style and had a big peace sign
tatood on his forehead back then?
That was before the days when he
drove around in a Royce...
:wink:

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:10 pm

I can do a great impression of Chris !!! Shame you lot can't hear it ! :)

I like Chris too,wandered into his shop before it was officially opened,it was a dream come true to see the stuff he had.

People have moaned about his phone manner,but he's made me laugh on more than a couple occassions with it,I think he's dry and funny !!!

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Yep, he's a good guy. Been buying from him for about 20 years, in the shop, by phone and been up to his place.

Was anyone here a customer of Terry Jones of Spinning Disc fame?

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:53 pm

when i was younger,so much younger than today,my brother went to school in ravenscourt park and tipped me off about Spinning Disc in Chiswick High street,i hope thats the same one and the guy Terry ,

We lived south of the river and it was quite a trek, i was about 14. the shop was amazing as was Terry,really very patient and hugely knowledgable. Reading that about 'remembering Spinning Disc' gave me a real feeling for one of the happiest times in my life,thanks for jogging it.

It was all vinyl back then (mid 80,s) and i recall getting to know Elvis' work deeper thanks to Spinning Disc. thanks for recalling that and making my night!

there was a fine shop in East Ham some yeras later,not sure the name.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:45 pm

:shock: When i used to live in Luton i was a very regular visitor to Terry in his spinning disc shop and always on overseas visits back i would pop in. imagine how devestated i was when chris giles told me he had just been to terry's funeral in 2000!!! Terry really did have a way with the ladies!!! yes just got 'exceeding all expectations' 2 CD set from Chris and the usual excellent service-very quick response to emails thats for sure! I miss not actually visiting chris in his shop, but then via phone/email we are from all over the world 'friends of chris!' Super Elvis collection and beyond my simple appreciation!!! Keep up the good work Chris senior your a Ledgend!~ :smt006

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:58 am

met Chris in 1977, at one of the fan conventions maybe leicester, used to go to his shop in Finchley road with his partner Ray, (who was at chris'd house when I was there last week)!!! aint seen Ray for about 15 yrs.......
Chris is one of the most knowledgable Elvis guys around,
Anyone know of Dave Pike, who was another collector, used to hang around with him at Terry Maileys functions!!! good old days.......

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:24 am

thanks for the update on this shop, I saw it in my Elvis The Man and His Music and after seeing this review I will buy too, thanks for the review

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:08 am

My feeling is between Chris and Now Dig This...you can get ALL the Elvis stuff you want!~ :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:16 am

I know Chris from the beginning of the 90's , we made some great deals that makes us both happy :D Very nice guy !

Mahalo from Ron :mrgreen:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am

Been collecting Elvis books, CD,s and vinyl for many years now. I used to have several suppliers but I only ever use Chris now. His service and professionalism are second to none. He has expert knowledge on all Elvis items and he takes great care to pack your stuff to they reach you in top condition.

Viva Chris - keep the torch burning!!!

Jasper.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 am

I buy most of my FTDs from THE ELVIS SHOP especially the vinyl FTDs – there absolutely top class.

Highly recommended!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:03 am

been buying all my ftds from chris for years great quick service met him once a really nice guy once you get to know him :D

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:57 pm

I also buy regular from Chris via the website. Great service!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:05 pm

I used to use the Elvis Shop in London, but now use Now Dig This. I find the shipping to Ireland is cheaper on the latter, and the packaging is slightly better.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Me too, I buy my FTD stuff from him. I know him for almost 20 years and he his a great guy 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Omg the secret is out now evone knows where i get my ftd and other label concerts from dam dam dam lol. No ive been collectin from Chris for sometime and ive always had great service from him .,