Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:39 am

Linda left Elvis and not the other way around. Just because he kept Sam in his empolyment is not a reason of saying that Elvis left Linda. Each Memphis Mafia member have said many times that if Linda would of stayed with Elvis that she would of checked up on him on that day of August 16. Each one said that it was her, not anyone else that saved his life more than once. They told stories about him taking tranquilizers just before eating and he would fall in a bowl of soup and drowning, or eating on an apple and choking on it. In her eyes it was simple, plain and simple, save the man all you can but one thing for sure, you can't save the man from himself. You can put the blame all you want to on who ever but the man behind the down fall of the guy we love so much was Elvis himself. Memphis Mafia members, love them or hate them, they tried to help him. Elvis, What Happened?, was the book that supposed to make Elvis see what he is not only doing to himself but to those around who loves him. Elvis did pushed her away because he was doing all those damn drugs and she was being basically a mother to him. She was tired of that. She loved him to death but she was tired of the drugs and she was tired of being a mother to him because with those drugs he was like a kid in a candy store.

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:48 am

jbnva58 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
debtd1 wrote:He's made no bones about using it.

Oh, I am sure he's made a few.


Now thats funny,that was!!!
:D :D :D :D

2 years old or not,thanks for my (belly laugh) of the day!

Wish I had your quick wit!

Thank you kindly. Laughter is the best medicine!

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:01 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
jbnva58 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
debtd1 wrote:He's made no bones about using it.

Oh, I am sure he's made a few.


Now thats funny,that was!!!
:D :D :D :D

2 years old or not,thanks for my (belly laugh) of the day!

Wish I had your quick wit!

Thank you kindly. Laughter is the best medicine!


Im still laughing my A$$ off!

Elvis would have gotten a kick out of that one!

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:27 am

jbnva58 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Thank you kindly. Laughter is the best medicine!


Im still laughing my A$$ off!

Elvis would have gotten a kick out of that one!

Yes, I know he would have loved my sense of humour, too.

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:31 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
jbnva58 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Thank you kindly. Laughter is the best medicine!


Im still laughing my A$$ off!

Elvis would have gotten a kick out of that one!

Yes, I know he would have loved my sense of humour, too.


Betcha! :D

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:09 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
jbnva58 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Thank you kindly. Laughter is the best medicine!


Im still laughing my A$$ off!

Elvis would have gotten a kick out of that one!

Yes, I know he would have loved my sense of humour, too.

Yeah, like Charlie, he would have slapped you a couple of times too. :smt001

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:16 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
jbnva58 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Thank you kindly. Laughter is the best medicine!


Im still laughing my A$$ off!

Elvis would have gotten a kick out of that one!

Yes, I know he would have loved my sense of humour, too.


I'm not so sure, he probaly would have fired out his PC screen if he were still alive, like he did with Robert Goulet's performance.

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:43 pm

ColinB wrote:I reckon that 'technically' it was Linda who walked.

After it became clear that her time was up.................................





Colin and both DJC are correct here. Linda left Elvis when she realized (as has already been said) that he wasn't going to marry her and she couldn't stop him from the drug use and she got tired of it all by then.

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
ColinB wrote:I reckon that 'technically' it was Linda who walked.

After it became clear that her time was up.................................





Colin and both DJC are correct here. Linda left Elvis when she realized (as has already been said) that he wasn't going to marry her and she couldn't stop him from the drug use and she got tired of it all by then.



...hasnt she also stated as saying that basicly their was no sex in the relationship? I would have to think that would be a factor too.... in her eventual departure.

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:01 pm

Matthew wrote:Elvis' relationship with Ginger is to be honest, pretty creepy. A 20 year old or so young woman with a 40+ year old man?

Sure got a lotta nerve boy!


Why? If they really love eachother, there is no problem.
Ask Hugh Heffner, 84, who dates a 20 year old. Or is she 21 already? :smt003

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:04 pm

Linda left Elvis. No doubt about that. She just couldn't handle Elvis' life style anymore....simple as that...

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:06 pm

midnightx wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
Xaykev wrote:
music2 wrote:
someone who wasn't questioning him and who was adoring him


IIRC, this was not the case with Ginger Alden.

Evidently, Ginger was not as enamored of Elvis as he would have liked her to have been.

Is that correct? Any other information?

This is true. Elvis was frustrated about how Ginger acted. Many times she didn't want to spend whole days in Graceland. Elvis one time tried to close the gates when she wanted to leave, but Billy stopped him. Another time he told the mafia to make the wheels on her car flat so she couldn't leave. Marty Lacker said Elvis made a big mistake when he decided to bring her into his life. Lamar Fike says she didn't care about Elvis at all. Billy Smith says she was an egoistic person. So she was not very popular.


Ginger was what, 21, EP, 42, he was content on being home when not on stage, which given his age, was normal, she wanted more, which given her age, was completely understandable.

Not to be overly blunt, but seriously, do you really think a young, beautiful woman entering the prime of her life would be into a much older, drug-addicted, overweight, emotional wreck? The star power of Elvis Presley only went so far in this instance and her actions spoke loudly.


Agree...

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:07 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
Xaykev wrote:
music2 wrote:
someone who wasn't questioning him and who was adoring him


IIRC, this was not the case with Ginger Alden.

Evidently, Ginger was not as enamored of Elvis as he would have liked her to have been.

Is that correct? Any other information?

This is true. Elvis was frustrated about how Ginger acted. Many times she didn't want to spend whole days in Graceland. Elvis one time tried to close the gates when she wanted to leave, but Billy stopped him. Another time he told the mafia to make the wheels on her car flat so she couldn't leave. Marty Lacker said Elvis made a big mistake when he decided to bring her into his life. Lamar Fike says she didn't care about Elvis at all. Billy Smith says she was an egoistic person. So she was not very popular.


Ginger was what, 21, EP, 42, he was content on being home when not on stage, which given his age, was normal, she wanted more, which given her age, was completely understandable.

Not to be overly blunt, but seriously, do you really think a young, beautiful woman entering the prime of her life would be into a much older, drug-addicted, overweight, emotional wreck? The star power of Elvis Presley only went so far in this instance and her actions spoke loudly.


Agree...


What happened with Ginger is; George Klein had brought her sister, Rosemary, to meet Elvis and Ginger came along. Elvis liked and focused on Ginger instead of Rosemary, supposedly because she reminded him of his mother. Ginger's conniving mother pushed her to go along and date Elvis. I don't think she had any real interest in Elvis aside from maybe being starstruck by the whole situation. She supposedly still was continuing to go out with her 20 year old boyfriend when she was with Elvis. So she was really only there because of her mother pushing her to be there.

I remember the Denver fan club president who knew most of Elvis's guys saying (at the time) that they were telling her that Elvis's new girlfriend was "twisting" him and running him ragged and turning him into an emotional wreck.

I don't doubt that when Ginger first discovered him, she didn't call for help right away and instead, called her mother and possibly the Enquirer and then got dressed and fixed up before calling for help.

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:31 pm

JEFF d wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:
ColinB wrote:I reckon that 'technically' it was Linda who walked.

After it became clear that her time was up.................................





Colin and both DJC are correct here. Linda left Elvis when she realized (as has already been said) that he wasn't going to marry her and she couldn't stop him from the drug use and she got tired of it all by then.



...hasnt she also stated as saying that basicly their was no sex in the relationship? I would have to think that would be a factor too.... in her eventual departure.

JEFF d
EP fan


Linda Thompson's never said that directly to my knowledge.

In a lot of books it's Some anyomous friend quoted as saying ''Elvis and Linda didn't have sex'' or rarely had.

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:45 pm

midnightx wrote:
DEH wrote:people forget that Linda was cheating on Elvis too. That's always glossed over when everyone talks about how "classy" Linda Thompson was.

Really? And when exactly did Linda begin her romance with Briggs? The details in the timeline tell a very different story.


She was with him while she was Elvis. Elvis did not find out until early 1977.

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:55 pm

I'd like to know, If he had Linda on one floor and Ginger on another floor of the hotel.....who the hell did he sleep with that day/night?, and did they know about each other being in the same hotel at the same time?......would loved to have been a fly on the wall at that one I can tell ya.....juicy stuff!! :D

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:51 am

Luuk wrote:
Matthew wrote:Elvis' relationship with Ginger is to be honest, pretty creepy. A 20 year old or so young woman with a 40+ year old man?

Sure got a lotta nerve boy!


Why? If they really love eachother, there is no problem.
Ask Hugh Heffner, 84, who dates a 20 year old.
Or is she 21 already? :smt003


"So tell me, my dear, what was it that first attracted you to an 84-year-old multi-millionaire ?"

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:21 am

ColinB wrote:I reckon that 'technically' it was Linda who walked.

After it became clear that her time was up.................................



I guess we won't ever know for certain, but evidence does point towards Colin's conclusion having some truth to it, although I'd imagine Linda would have been frustrated by caring for Elvis.

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:21 am

ColinB wrote:
Luuk wrote:
Matthew wrote:Elvis' relationship with Ginger is to be honest, pretty creepy. A 20 year old or so young woman with a 40+ year old man?

Sure got a lotta nerve boy!


Why? If they really love eachother, there is no problem.
Ask Hugh Heffner, 84, who dates a 20 year old.
Or is she 21 already? :smt003


"So tell me, my dear, what was it that first attracted you to an 84-year-old multi-millionaire ?"




HIS EYES!!!!!!!.....................LMAO!!!!!

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:28 pm

There’s only one way to settle this. Linda Thomson, Sheila Ryan and Ginger Alden should appear on an episode of ‘Jerry Springer’. The ‘Who Left Who? Elvis Special’.

They could all sit next to each other while Jerry patrols the audience comprised of FECC members with his arms folded. Linda would be the last guest on and head straight for Ginger and start pulling her hair while the audience shouts “Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!”. Sheila Ryan would attempt to separate Linda and Ginger and in the chaos one or two of the women would lose their tops at which point Steve would arrive with a banner to protect their modesty while the audience shouts “Steve! Steve! Steve!”.

It would all end in a mass punch up involving the audience with nothing having been resolved as Jerry turns to camera and says “Be good to each other”.
8)

Re: Did Linda leave Elvis or Elvis leave Linda?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm

Delboy wrote:There’s only one way to settle this. Linda Thomson, Sheila Ryan and Ginger Alden should appear on an episode of ‘Jerry Springer’. The ‘Who Left Who? Elvis Special’.

They could all sit next to each other while Jerry patrols the audience comprised of FECC members with his arms folded. Linda would be the last guest on and head straight for Ginger and start pulling her hair while the audience shouts “Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!”. Sheila Ryan would attempt to separate Linda and Ginger and in the chaos one or two of the women would lose their tops at which point Steve would arrive with a banner to protect their modesty while the audience shouts “Steve! Steve! Steve!”.

It would all end in a mass punch up involving the audience with nothing having been resolved as Jerry turns to camera and says “Be good to each other”.
8)


:lol: ::rocks and the Court Jester too !