Nut Width: 1.68
Frets: Medium 20
Top: Select Spruce
Back: Maple
Sides: Maple
Hardware: Gold
Tuners: Grover 18: 1
Electronics: eSonic-2 System
Controls: Built in Chromatic Tuner, Master Volume, NanoMag EQ (neck), NanoFlex EQ (bridge), Phase (feedback cancel), Blend (NanoMag NanoFlex), Low Battery Indicator
Pickups: Neck: NanoMag (low-impedance)
Bridge: NanoFlex (low-impedance)
Outputs: Mono (blended signal/NanoFlex)
Stereo (NanoMag)
Power: 2 x 2032 Lithium

The guy is a dealer and got a few in early. I'm picking it up this weekend. I'll let you know how it plays when I get it.

Re: Just bought the EJ-200 Epiphone Elvis Guitar

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 am

Congrats Jon on your purchase - you must be pretty excited. I would love to have that guitar.

Come to Jersey and we'll jam to some Elvis tunes :wink:

Rich
Last edited by Rich_TCB on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:47 am

I'm jealous!
Last edited by KiwiAlan on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:47 am

Awesome!

The body looks like a match for Elvis' original -- how much?

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:51 am

$499. If it were a Gibson, it would be near $3000, I presume. I already own a few Epiphone J200s and they are really a nice instrument with a thick sound. I won't spend $3000 on anything unless it has tits or an engine, so I thought this was a decent buy. You can buy it next week from several music retailer sites for the same price. Here's one of them http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEAEP

I don't know if I will play it out at gigs. I might look a tad stupid (not that I don't already :-) ), but you know what I mean?

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:56 am

That is friggin' awesome man congrats on the purchase !

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:57 am

Hey Jon, you'll have to record a new acoustic version of "Girl Happy" with the new guitar, so we can hear it :lol:

You did a mighty fine rendition of that tune!

Rich

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:57 am

Beautiful.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:59 am

Rich_TCB wrote:Hey Jon, you'll have to record a new acoustic version of "Girl Happy" with the new guitar, so we can hear it :lol:

Rich

Thanks Rich.

The version out there has 2 Epiphone J 200s on the recording. I assume (and hope) they sound the same when mic'd. This one has better electronics than my other ones though.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:07 am

Yes, I also picked one up 2 months ago and it's very surreal to have it in your hands. Even though it's not a Gibson...damn...it's as close as I'll get. It shines like the sun and it's such a work of art...the only guitar that would look perfect just hanging on a wall.

I'm still babying it, though. Played it maybe less than 10 times and I dunno how long it'll take till i feel comfortable to take it out of the house. I wouldn't feel dumb playing it at gigs, though. I mean, it's a signature guitar and the pickguard is just beautiful. I don't mind that it's got Elvis' name on it instead of mine or whatever...it's such an eye grabber.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:09 am

It almost looks like a cross between the guitar in your signature, and the ebony J200 he used in 74-75 (regarding the moustache bridge).

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:41 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:Hey Jon, you'll have to record a new acoustic version of "Girl Happy" with the new guitar, so we can hear it :lol:

Rich

HEY - I second that!

Go on Jon -- you've just got to do it :D

Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:09 pm

very nice
congrats.and enjoy!
joe k
www.elvis2001.net

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:43 am

OK. I picked up the guitar today in Rockford, IL (here for work anyway). The F+++ING thing is really nice for the money. It is leaps and bounds better than my other Epiphone Guitars. I plugged it in, inside the store, which sounded amazing, but I'd like to compare to my others when I get home, on the same PA equipment. The tone, without being plugged in, is as warm as the day is long. IN my opinion, this plays as nice as a Gibson J200 that I picked up in the acoustic room at the store. It had better sustain..or maybe it was my brain playing games with me because I was strumming the ever so popular G chord on a guitar that had ELVIS PRESLEY written in mother of pearl on the neck. :-)

The guy at the store said it was limited production, but that's the first I had heard of that. I assume limited, means they'll only produce for 1 year or something like that.

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:30 am

JonRomanovich wrote: IN my opinion, this plays as nice as a Gibson J200 that I picked up in the acoustic room at the store.

It probably plays better, most Gibsons new play like crap off the rack. My Tribute J200 is a bear and needs a proper setup with the saddle and nut lowered but I won't even change the strings on it. It only gets out of the case every now and then for slight retuning if necessary and a few moments of playing.

JonRomanovich wrote:The guy at the store said it was limited production, but that's the first I had heard of that. I assume limited, means they'll only produce for 1 year or something like that.

If it was a limited edition they'd advertise it that way. They'll make them as long as they'll sell.

I'm almost ready to spring this week for the Tribute Martin (just what I need, another guitar that will sit in the case :? ) I ordered one of theose woodstock straps too. Looks like I'll be driving my old Focus awhile longer.

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:36 am

Ah lads quit it will yis!
All this talk of buying new guitars.. I don't need another one.. but dammit it's tempting!!!

Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:07 am

JamesVRoy wrote:
JonRomanovich wrote: IN my opinion, this plays as nice as a Gibson J200 that I picked up in the acoustic room at the store.

It probably plays better, most Gibsons new play like crap off the rack. My Tribute J200 is a bear and needs a proper setup with the saddle and nut lowered but I won't even change the strings on it. It only gets out of the case every now and then for slight retuning if necessary and a few moments of playing.

JonRomanovich wrote:The guy at the store said it was limited production, but that's the first I had heard of that. I assume limited, means they'll only produce for 1 year or something like that.

If it was a limited edition they'd advertise it that way. They'll make them as long as they'll sell.

I'm almost ready to spring this week for the Tribute Martin (just what I need, another guitar that will sit in the case :? ) I ordered one of theose woodstock straps too. Looks like I'll be driving my old Focus awhile longer.

Another worker in the store told me that the company making the leather case for the Martin reissue went bankrupt, so they ceased production temporarily. Is that true?

I totally agree with your statements above. To be fair, I had the guy setup the action, oil everything up, and put a set of Elixir's on for me, before I arrived.

Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:04 am

JonRomanovich wrote:

Another worker in the store told me that the company making the leather case for the Martin reissue went bankrupt, so they ceased production temporarily. Is that true?

The production of the leather cover is somewhat of a confused issue, as was the original concept of the project. They started this years ago. They intially had ordered a cover from Underwood as an experiment thinking that he had designed the original. Without naming names, they were going to have another company make the covers based on Underwoods design but EPE was closely married to Gibson at the time so it couldn't go through. After the sale of EPE to CKX the older arrangements were no longer a restriction and they obtained the rights in association with EPE to go ahead. Then the guy that ran the company that was going to make the covers died and things got messed again. They now have another company that will be making them but unfortunately still have to include Underwood since they're based on the one they originally oredered from him with his artwork (which was really influenced by Marcus' who made Elvis'). They have to cover their butts though. So now everything is a go. I'm going to do a page up at some point on the design of the cover (the real one), just for kicks (I need a break from the venues and have to get back in the guitar world).

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Hi
I think I want this guitar badly. Do any of you know if it will be distributed worldwide or only in US? I live in denmark you know.
Regards Dan.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:06 pm

My guess is it will be distributed anywhere the dealer is willing to ship. I don't know which overseas dealers will stock them but if you order from a place like musicians freind over here, even with the shipping you'll likely save cause of the exchange rate.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Elvis-Presley-EJ200E-Jumbo-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar?sku=482829

http://www.music123.com/Epiphone-Elvis-Presley-EJ-200E-Jumbo-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-482829-i1400662.Music123

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:55 pm

Thanks for the tip James, I've just send them a mail about the total costs.
Have a nice day!

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:52 pm

JonRomanovich wrote:OK. I picked up the guitar today in Rockford, IL (here for work anyway). The F+++ING thing is really nice for the money. It is leaps and bounds better than my other Epiphone Guitars. I plugged it in, inside the store, which sounded amazing, but I'd like to compare to my others when I get home, on the same PA equipment. The tone, without being plugged in, is as warm as the day is long. IN my opinion, this plays as nice as a Gibson J200 that I picked up in the acoustic room at the store. It had better sustain..or maybe it was my brain playing games with me because I was strumming the ever so popular G chord on a guitar that had ELVIS PRESLEY written in mother of pearl on the neck. :-)

The guy at the store said it was limited production, but that's the first I had heard of that. I assume limited, means they'll only produce for 1 year or something like that.

You know, I have been thinking of pciking up this guitar. I played an Epiphone Junior-200 this weekend and really liked the sound of it. Nice and full. And, the craftmenship looked great.

How do you find the tuners to be on the new Epiphone? Also, what type of of neck does this model have? And, lastly, does it come with a hardcase? Any further information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike C

Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:58 am

Anyone else bought one of these beauties? I'm thinking of taking the plunge...... thinkin... thinkin....

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:40 am

Beautiful guitar, Enjoy Jon :)
When i was in California i saw Gibson J-200...it was $3200 ...wish i could buy this
Have a great day
Lior :smt006

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:25 am

JEFF d wrote:Anyone else bought one of these beauties? I'm thinking of taking the plunge...... thinkin... thinkin....

JEFF d
EP fan

You should do it, definitely. 500 usd for good acoustic guitars is peanuts money. Apparentely the guitar is good and plays well (according to Jon), so go for it! But you should play it, since keeping instruments in cases is hard core collector behaviour, which I don't suggest to anyone...Sorry James! :D Guitars are meant to be played so they bring more peace love and happiness to this world (...did I mention LOVE??) ;)