Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Robin Rosaaen interview

Wed May 30, 2012 6:27 pm

She's among my friends, rjm.
If you do a search she should automatically come up as a mutual friend.

Wed May 30, 2012 6:32 pm

JaneTLC wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
N880EP wrote:"Rockin' Robin" is a notrious con-woman ................. she has sold countless bogus pieces for years-n-years.

I also consider here a genuine fissured ceramic (ie: crackpot) in The Elvis World.

Having met Robin, and been to her San Jose home, it is also true that she is a wildly devoted fan, not unlike thousands of others around the world.

Besides her tendency at times to sell non-original items as originals, her skill at identifying photos is also not to be trusted. Yes, her apartment is unbelievably cluttered -- her landlord has a valid reason to be concerned.

Final verdict -- nice person, but caveat emptor.

Why do you say caveat emptor? And how can one really know if an item was Elvis-owned/used, if there's no actual signature involved, or photo of him with it/wearing it? What's the deal-breaker?
There's someone on ebay selling a framed pic of Elvis with a piece of Graceland fencing, and also a strand of Elvis hair, also tastefully framed with a pic of our hero. Where's the guarantee, really? Guy's name appears to be Jack Sell.
And to other people whose posts I read in relation to collecting: when does it cross the 'line' between collecting and fanaticism, in their opinion?
Just curious.
Robin is on Facebook, by the way, but I think Tony already said that.

Jack Sell is a UACC RD dealer.

Wed May 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Yes, I read that also.
Still not convinced they are Elvis hairs. It can all get a bit macabre, can't it?

I was curious about what had been said about items sold/on sale by the subject of the thread really.
Being interested in a piece she is offering for sale myself, and am now wondering.

Wed May 30, 2012 8:46 pm

I used to know her in the 80's and 90's through other fans in the San Jose/San Francisco area. She is a nice person.

Wed May 30, 2012 10:37 pm

eap19351977 wrote:why dont you aholes stop saying sh+t about her when you dont know what the F your talking about

Please, don't be a cyber-bully.

Wed May 30, 2012 10:55 pm

For those of you who continue to trash Elvis fan and collector Robin Rosaaen, I really feel sorry for you as you say things that are NOT True and yet she is not here to defend her name and reputation. I have known her for many years and have seen her vast Elvis collection, she even let me try on some of Elvis's personal jacket's and pants while I was there.

The items that I have purschased from her are the real deal, as I have seen the letters and what not from many of Elvis's friends and co stars that she has know for many years.

She donates to St. Jude Children's Hospital and The Elvis Presley Trauma Center and other various fund raising events out of respect and her love for Elvis.

Why do some of you folks enjoy being mean spirited and say evil things about my friend ? What did she ever do to you ?

Thos is a very sad place when people are hiding behind names and don't have the guts to tal to or email my friend before you hang her for something she never did wrong. She used to be the Elvis Expert at eBay for 4 years, so why would they give her that job if she was so full of BS ?

Get over your issues with her and let it drop ! TCB Dusty B. Roads

Thu May 31, 2012 1:19 am

spacequeen99 wrote:For those of you who continue to trash Elvis fan and collector Robin Rosaaen, I really feel sorry for you as you say things that are NOT True and yet she is not here to defend her name and reputation. I have known her for many years and have seen her vast Elvis collection, she even let me try on some of Elvis's personal jacket's and pants while I was there.

The items that I have purschased from her are the real deal, as I have seen the letters and what not from many of Elvis's friends and co stars that she has know for many years.

She donates to St. Jude Children's Hospital and The Elvis Presley Trauma Center and other various fund raising events out of respect and her love for Elvis.

Why do some of you folks enjoy being mean spirited and say evil things about my friend ? What did she ever do to you ?

Thos is a very sad place when people are hiding behind names and don't have the guts to tal to or email my friend before you hang her for something she never did wrong. She used to be the Elvis Expert at eBay for 4 years, so why would they give her that job if she was so full of BS ?

Get over your issues with her and let it drop ! TCB Dusty B. Roads

Good for you, sticking up for your friend. I got to try on one of the jackets also. Pretty cool.

Thu May 31, 2012 2:32 am

My favorite item she once sold was the drumsticks DJ Fontana used on the recording of Hound Dog done in1955 at Sun Records. Again, the drumsticks DJ used when they recorded Hound Dog at Sun in 1955. I'm not an Elvis expert but I've always been led to believe that Hound Dog wasn't recorded until 1956 while they worked for RCA. I actually pointed this out to her and she told first: go f**k myself, second- go play in traffic, and third- she knew what she was talking about because she was Rockin Robin damnit. I obviously had to defer to her, not Ernst as she is the expert.

Thu May 31, 2012 3:30 am

I thought you had left for greener pastures?

Thu May 31, 2012 3:35 am

Where the new pastures not greener then?

Thu May 31, 2012 3:37 am

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Thu May 31, 2012 3:41 am

Is FECC the green, green grass of home?

Thu May 31, 2012 3:50 am

eap19351977 wrote:no its more like the hell house of home

Why you here?

Thu May 31, 2012 3:52 am

:smt007

Thu May 31, 2012 3:55 am

I :smt007 you.

Thu May 31, 2012 3:57 am

:smt008

Thu May 31, 2012 3:59 am

:|

Thu May 31, 2012 4:06 am

L Ray wrote:I used to know her in the 80's and 90's through other fans in the San Jose/San Francisco area. She is a nice person.

I don't doubt that, I was just asking for clarification from Doc re something he said.
I am not interested in the others who are being rude amongst themselves. Honestly, it's like an Elementary school playground in here sometimes.

:smt120

Thu May 31, 2012 6:56 am

JaneTLC wrote:
L Ray wrote:I used to know her in the 80's and 90's through other fans in the San Jose/San Francisco area. She is a nice person.

I don't doubt that, I was just asking for clarification from Doc re something he said.
I am not interested in the others who are being rude amongst themselves. Honestly, it's like an Elementary school playground in here sometimes.

:smt120

Sometimes it's part of the charm! (Not always.)

Anyway, I found her! Interesting individual. (Whoever gave her that name, it just happens -- trust me! :wink: )

As for the memorabilia, I suppose it depends on what type of things people like to own; many people want things with his DNA on it. Or they hope for that. I generally don't go for the sort of stuff mentioned here -- drumsticks, stuff he touched, etc. So, I don't know about that.

rjm

Thu May 31, 2012 11:24 pm

Thanks for the good laugh Matthew and eap19351977 :smt003
I :smt007 you hahah spot on.
::rocks

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:44 am

eap19351977 wrote:why dont you aholes stop saying sh+t about her when you dont know what the F your talking about

Its all about experience, when it comes to autographs she aint the right person to deal with or at least be careful.
I dont know about other things that she have.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:48 am

please no one buy a thing from this lady she is a con