Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Midnight in Vegas concert using new TTWII camera angles

Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:48 am

Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to share this since I returned from 30th Anniversary and Midnight in Vegas concert about how shocked I was at seeing so many different camera angles being used during different song. How or Why would permission be granted to use these for this concert, but not be permitted to be released publicly? I shot many pictures to prove this because I was so shocked. Here are some examples:

You've Lost that Loving Feeling (3 different angles)

Blue Suede Shoes (3 different angles)

Polk Salad Annie (2 angles)

It just amazed me that even the timer marks as seen in the bootleg releases were not removed for this concert as seen here in Tiger Man:

It would be so cool for them to release these different angles with the original. I just was wondering if anyone had any explanation of how this would be permitted to be used.

Thanks,
DJL

Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:33 am

We have found the "lost" outtakes! They were here all the time!

Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:19 pm

Simple, EPE probably got permission from MGM for this one time only. What was the crowd like??? Half full arena or better????

Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:55 pm

Sold out.

Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:51 pm

Show was not soldout, every report I read, said the show was far from soldout, but was wondering what it was, half or less, or more.

Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:09 pm

Anybody know the set list? Did they do LITTLE SISTER/ GET BACK?

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:57 pm

The midnight show was not sold out but I would say it was maybe 3/4 or more sold out. It was full for what they were trying to set the mood for this concert. The whole forum was not suppose to be sold out for this concert, but I understand the amount of seats they were trying to sell did not sell out.

The setlist for the show went something like this:

That's All Right
Hound Dog
Don't Be Cruel
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Just Pretend
You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
Sweet Caroline
Polk Salad Annie
Band Introductions (footage I've never seen in the Concha suit)
One Night
Are You Lonesome Tonight
Blue Suede Shoes
All Shook Up
Dialogue about his life/Microphones/etc.
Love Me Tender
Make the World Go Away
Don't Cry Daddy/In the Ghetto
Walk A Mile in my Shoes
You've Lost That Loving Feeling
Bridge Over Troubled Water
The Wonder of You
Suspicious Minds
Can't Help Falling in Love

This is based on the order of the pictures I took with the footage I can tell. I was surprised they did not do "Patch It Up" or "I Just Can't Help Believing". "Little Sister/Get Back" was not done.

Simple, EPE probably got permission from MGM for this one time only.

OK, I'm just impressed with how many different camera angles exist and what ashame they have not yet been released. To me it would be a really neat DVD with all of these different angles.

DJL

Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:23 am

Oops. My bad Patrick68. I was at the main concert, which was sold out and also used multiple camera angles for certain songs from TTWII. I didn't attend the Midnight in Vegas concert, and thought you were asking about the main event.