Off Topic Messages

Take Care And Be Good To One Another (for a change)

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:06 pm

My time is up. Some of you guys I'll miss occasionally and some of you......well, I'll just leave it at that. Enjoy the new FTD's when you get them and keep on Elvising.

Later, boys and girls. 'Til we meet you again, may God bless you. Adios.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:09 pm

What? Where are you going?


RKS

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:54 pm

Rob....You can't go. You are one of the nicest Men here on this Message Board.

If it's because of all the despicable behaviour that's gone on over the past couple of days, well that will make it even sadder.

Please reconsider, it really would be a shame to lose you.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:59 pm

Rob, reconsider (baby)

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:01 am

If I were really leaving for good, I would have made it official by posting in the "Official I'm Leaving" thread. I'm going to have a little fun in the Florida sun.

I'm signing off now, but "I'll Be Back."

You guys will not get rid of me that easily. See you in a week or so.

I'm outta here!

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:06 am

Happy harem holiday;)

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:06 am

Rob wrote:If I were really leaving for good, I would have made it official by posting in the "Official I'm Leaving" thread. I'm going to have a little fun in the Florida sun.

I'm signing off now, but "I'll Be Back."

You guys will not get rid of me that easily. See you in a week or so.

I'm outta here!


You Dirty Rat!!!

I was nearly in tears...I hope you get sunburn in places you shouldn't.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:07 am

Rob wrote:If I were really leaving for good, I would have made it official by posting in the "Official I'm Leaving" thread. I'm going to have a little fun in the Florida sun.

I'm signing off now, but "I'll Be Back."

You guys will not get rid of me that easily. See you in a week or so.

I'm outta here!


Take it easy on the burgers while you're down their. And btw, don't do that to us again, scaring us that you were leaving us for good. :D

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:44 am

Where in Florida are you going?

We're thinking of going back to Destin - the Emerald Coast.


RKS

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:58 am

Little Darlin wrote:You Dirty Rat!!!
I was nearly in tears...
I hope you get sunburn in places you shouldn't.


The only place he'll get sunburned in..........is Florida !

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:40 am

Have a good holiday Rob!!!



:D

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:50 pm

Enjoy your BBQs

Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:22 pm

ColinB wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:You Dirty Rat!!!
I was nearly in tears...
I hope you get sunburn in places you shouldn't.


The only place he'll get sunburned in..........is Florida !


Or perhaps Eastern Europe?!

I'm off down the Danube next week and hear it's 40 degrees centigrade, which means I'll probably be jumping in to cool off and then drowning because I can't swim!

Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:42 pm

londonflash wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:You Dirty Rat!!!
I was nearly in tears...
I hope you get sunburn in places you shouldn't.


The only place he'll get sunburned in..........is Florida !


Or perhaps Eastern Europe?!

I'm off down the Danube next week and hear it's 40 degrees centigrade, which means I'll probably be jumping in to cool off and then drowning because I can't swim!


Have a great time !

Re: Take Care And Be Good To One Another (for a change)

Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:42 pm

Rob wrote:My time is up. Some of you guys I'll miss occasionally and some of you......well, I'll just leave it at that. Enjoy the new FTD's when you get them and keep on Elvising.

Later, boys and girls. 'Til we meet you again, may God bless you. Adios.


Remember to leave all the unreleased soundboards you have from the November 71 and the October 74 tour at your home when you are gone :wink:

Have a nice holiday :)

Sincerely

Kenneth

Re: Take Care And Be Good To One Another (for a change)

Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:54 pm

Kenneth wrote:Have a nice holiday :)

I did -- thank you.

The first night, I walked down to the beach and in front of about a hundred people, I went into, "Take off your shoes, put down your hair,
turn on the music and we'll get somewhere....."


It just doesn't seem to work in 2007.

Re: Take Care And Be Good To One Another (for a change)

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:41 pm

Rob wrote:
Kenneth wrote:Have a nice holiday :)

I did -- thank you.

The first night, I walked down to the beach and in front of about a hundred people, I went into, "Take off your shoes, put down your hair,
turn on the music and we'll get somewhere....."


It just doesn't seem to work in 2007.


Nothing ever does, ask Spelly and Colin and Sam :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:11 pm

Welcome Back Rob

Re: Take Care And Be Good To One Another (for a change)

Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:03 pm

Rusty Martin* wrote:
Rob wrote:
Kenneth wrote:Have a nice holiday :)

I did -- thank you.

The first night, I walked down to the beach and in front of about a hundred people, I went into, "Take off your shoes, put down your hair,
turn on the music and we'll get somewhere....."


It just doesn't seem to work in 2007.


Nothing ever does, ask Spelly and Colin and Sam :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I'm still trying to work that one out..............

Re: Take Care And Be Good To One Another (for a change)

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:31 am

Rusty Martin* wrote:
Rob wrote:
Kenneth wrote:Have a nice holiday :)

I did -- thank you.

The first night, I walked down to the beach and in front of about a hundred people, I went into, "Take off your shoes, put down your hair,
turn on the music and we'll get somewhere....."


It just doesn't seem to work in 2007.


Nothing ever does, ask Spelly and Colin and Sam :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Hey mine still works in 2007!!!! :P


8)

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:32 am

Welcome back Rob!! :D


8)

Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:07 pm

One last thing.

There was a lot of Elvis on this trip. Not only from my Sirius satellite radio but in many towns we drove through on the way to Panama City.

First, about an hour into the drive, we passed Freedom Hall in Louisville. It always brings back memories when I see that building. As I've stated many times before, I saw Elvis there in June 1974 and May 1977.

As we arrived in Nashville, I thought about the Studio B sessions from June 1970 (even though there were many more than that). Also about his concert there at the Municipal Auditorium in downtown Nashville in 1973. Shortly after, I saw the sign to Murfreesboro and then I-40 to Memphis.

Once we got into Alabama and Huntsville, I thought about the shows he put on there in May / June 1975. I also remembered that so often on the June tour of that year, he remarked that he "caught the creeping crud" in Huntsville. As we drove through Decatur, Alabama I was tempted to try to find Charlie Hodge's grave and pay my respects. I had no idea where to look though, so I reluctantly passed it up.

When we reached Birmingham, I remembered the great show that he put on there in December 1976 and wondered what the atmosphere must have been like on that night 31 years ago. In Montgomery, I thought about Elvis sitting at the piano singing, "Where No One Stands Alone."

Seems like everytime I go to a town where Elvis played, I always think about the show(s) that he gave there.

This trip was no exception as they were in abundance.

Thanks for the "Welcome Back" from many of you. There were 208 unread posts when I got back (I didn't go through all of them). However, more importantly, the board was still here. That tells me that you behaved while I was gone.

You were all very good boys and girls.

Re: Take Care And Be Good To One Another (for a change)

Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:16 pm

Rob wrote:
Kenneth wrote:Have a nice holiday :)

I did -- thank you.

The first night, I walked down to the beach and in front of about a hundred people, I went into, "Take off your shoes, put down your hair,
turn on the music and we'll get somewhere....."


It just doesn't seem to work in 2007.


:lol: Hm, maybe I should try that in Memphis when I'am there in August, but maybe I have a hell of job finding a beach :wink: :lol:

Kenneth